Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

SR CWC BV EO AOF STR IW chieftain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Still not sure what to start with, probably Dark Pact totems hiero. If only the ailment immunity was a two-pointer :v:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I want to play Shadow. No idea what build to go with!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
new league datamines

Recipes: http://poedb.tw/us/bestiary.php?c=Recipe
Captures: http://poedb.tw/us/bestiary.php?c=Capture
Gems: http://poedb.tw/us/gem.php?c=Bestiary
Achievements: http://poedb.tw/us/achi.php?c=20
Uniques: http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?c=Bestiary
Bestiary Orb http://poedb.tw/us/item.php?n=Bestiary+Orb
Thaumaturgical Net http://poedb.tw/us/item.php?n=Thaumaturgical+Net
Einhar Frey http://poedb.tw/us/history.php?n=Einhar+Frey

These two stand out for league start:

MS boots: Unique Rhoa (The mud flats) + 3 Rhoa's
Quicksilver Flask with Adrenaline: Unique Goatman ( The climb ) + 3 Goatman

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Would the changes to the Scion ascendancy in 3.2 impact this build dramatically? https://pastebin.com/QYUcyGCL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stEmUlkzarw&feature=youtu.be)

It looks like you lose the 40% increased damage against rare/unique monsters and stunning enemies that are on full life, but gain a flat 20% increased attack damage, culling strike, 20% increased damage while leeching, and 20% increased aoe

I read it as an overall improvement for the build, but I don't know if that 40% against rares/uniques is exceptionally powerful or something

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
So apparently the dude who made the Stormfire unique asked GGG how his own item works and that sucker stacks with every shock applied, not just once per dude :dance: Time to make a stupid loving gimmick build that gets like 600% increased burning damage.

quote:

I read it as an overall improvement for the build, but I don't know if that 40% against rares/uniques is exceptionally powerful or something

40% increased damage taken is small potatoes, that's like a mediocre jewel's worth of damage. Don't sweat it.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 2, 2018

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Would the changes to the Scion ascendancy in 3.2 impact this build dramatically? https://pastebin.com/QYUcyGCL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stEmUlkzarw&feature=youtu.be)

It looks like you lose the 40% increased damage against rare/unique monsters and stunning enemies that are on full life, but gain a flat 20% increased attack damage, culling strike, 20% increased damage while leeching, and 20% increased aoe

Biggest change is that a huge part of this build is added flat damage via Abyss jewels, which are now very rare and expensive.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Biggest change is that a huge part of this build is added flat damage via Abyss jewels, which are now very rare and expensive.

To the point that it's not realistically viable? I don't need to kill shaper that fast, but I'd still like to know that the build is functional. I'm not married to it, so if it's a huge decrease in power, I'll look elsewhere.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Count Uvula posted:

40% increased damage taken is small potatoes, that's like a mediocre jewel's worth of damage. Don't sweat it.

As an example of how important specific words are, 40% increased damage taken is huge. Luckily that was not what it was.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Since im lazy imma go quad totem templar, elemental.

Whats a good skill to put in 4 totems that clears content fast but also can kill bosses/ is swappable to single target without respeccing the tree?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Since im lazy imma go quad totem templar, elemental.

Whats a good skill to put in 4 totems that clears content fast but also can kill bosses/ is swappable to single target without respeccing the tree?

glacial cascade

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Flameblast is good too.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Hamburger Test posted:

As an example of how important specific words are, 40% increased damage taken is huge. Luckily that was not what it was.

Oops yeah, I just wrote it wrong because I'm tired :downs: For reference to any newbies: "increased damage taken" is effectively a "more" (multiplicative) modifier, the only real difference between the two is that all your "increased damage taken" mods combine in to a single multiplicative multiplier.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

The Wonder Weapon posted:

To the point that it's not realistically viable? I don't need to kill shaper that fast, but I'd still like to know that the build is functional. I'm not married to it, so if it's a huge decrease in power, I'll look elsewhere.

Take the PoB, take out the Abyss items and Abyss jewels, stick in generic jewels that you're likely to afford, and see how it comes out.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Einhar Frey...the bestiality master

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

fuckin pre-league indecision. Pretty sure im gonna stick with trickster scorching ray, maybe into SR/RF. just ride that to red maps.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is a cast while channel SR build still good for starting? People kept recommending it to me previously but I never went for it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

glacial cascade

Interesting, do i get enough non-fire damage in the upper left corner though?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is a cast while channel SR build still good for starting? People kept recommending it to me previously but I never went for it.

CWC SR + Firestorm was great for a while, but lost a lot of popularity because it relied heavily on two things:

1.) Vaal Pact giving you instantaneous leech which let you stand in one place and facetank
2.) Guaranteed spell leech via Berserker (or the life leech gem I guess)

The build almost certainly still works, but it is nowhere near as good without VP support for it.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CompeAnansi posted:

Can I get an invite as CompeAnansi?

Never got the invite.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

anyone do frostbolt totems last league? With the big buffs on heiro for totems it seems like it could actually kill some bosses now. I have like 86k shaper dps per totem on this one build, so 320k overall with 4 totems doesnt seem horrible for a starter build.

Edit: Freeze pulse seems even better

queeb fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 2, 2018

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I did quad FB totems last league and it was great. One of the fastest mapping builds I've ever played. Freeze pulse might do more damage, but the really nice thing about FB is that it effortlessly clears trash from a screen away. I think my plan this time is to follow a crit GC totems build but actually run Frost Bolt unless I'm killing bosses.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Interesting, do i get enough non-fire damage in the upper left corner though?

alright im super confused, what tree

it's a phys to cold area spell with two relevant INT jewels, plenty of that going around imo (especially since you can simply take agnostic totem damage nodes)

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

In the datamine: Tectonic Strike now appears to use main-hand only. Interesting change if it bears out.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Is anyone planning to try to use phantasm on kill?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Mystery Prize posted:

CWC SR + Firestorm was great for a while, but lost a lot of popularity because it relied heavily on two things:

1.) Vaal Pact giving you instantaneous leech which let you stand in one place and facetank
2.) Guaranteed spell leech via Berserker (or the life leech gem I guess)

The build almost certainly still works, but it is nowhere near as good without VP support for it.
Yeah, I had a CWC SR Firestormer Berserker with a 6L searing touch a few leagues ago. I doubt I would play it with the vaal pact changes now.

I skipped last league. Reading up, I think I am debating between SR trickster, GC/FB totem Hierophant, and KB wander deadeye.

I know I can get the trickster going easily enough, and leveling is smooth. Totem hierophant sounds super strong, but totems also make me want to kill myself. I did flameblast totems back when they were the popular leveling thing. I've never done a wander or played deadeye, so the deadeye kb wander is interesting, but the colors I need to roll into a QotF turns me off a bit. I know it is minor, but it is a pain at the start.

I had done raider builds as a lot of previous league starters due to speedy mc speed, but deadeye seems more interesting to me at the moment. New, I guess.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 2, 2018

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I think I'm just going to end up going back to Sabo for my starter with FN or GC mines. I know either can take me through red maps (especially with those sabo buffs whooo), and they're not RF or totems which I've done to death :v:.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Xeras posted:

I don't see a lot of people hype for it and I think its because it doesn't really feel like it is filling a gap in a typical necro setup. Doesn't synergize well with srs supports and skele mages/spectres already clear so fast that it doesn't seem worthwhile.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's a level 4 gem I think so maybe it's mostly for leveling.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

alright im super confused, what tree

it's a phys to cold area spell with two relevant INT jewels, plenty of that going around imo (especially since you can simply take agnostic totem damage nodes)

dont know what tree yet, never did quad totem cascade

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Think I'm gonna try freeze pulse elementalist for the starter. Seems like a nice linear progression.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

A couple beast recipes you'll want to do

code:
In Mudflats
Create a Levelling Item...	Rare Boots with Movement Speed	Oozeback Bloom,Unique
								Rhoa
								Rhoa
								Rhoa
code:
In The Climb
Create a Levelling Item...	Quicksilver Flask with Adrenaline	The Faun,Unique
									Goatman
									Goatman
									Goatman

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008

Xeras posted:

I'm planning on a skeleton mage build and I'll probably swap it in to try it out, but I have no idea if it's going to be good or not.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

dumb posted:

could anyone playing tectonic slam juggernaut please post their pob links?

i'd like to have references for planning one myself

https://pastebin.com/GiA5Xuf8

Tryin' to bring back staves :|

I plan on stacking defense + using cauterizer until I can afford an ok hegemony

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Do we know how the capture mechanic will interact with Builds That Can't Stop Killing poo poo, e.g. spectres, and to a lesser extend totems? I assume the Big Bad Beasts have pretty high hp pools, but if you're blitzing content to the point where you delete bosses pretty quick, I imagine you might accidentally kill beasts too, even with map icons.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I made a quick and dirty magma orb dead eye tree but it feels pretty lacking in defense and the damage calculation seems inaccurate for the extra chain damage.

Anyone else thrown one together?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Also reminder that THIS is on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/4Nx1rMZDPTNgKmU25lot8y

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Count Uvula posted:

So apparently the dude who made the Stormfire unique asked GGG how his own item works and that sucker stacks with every shock applied, not just once per dude :dance: Time to make a stupid loving gimmick build that gets like 600% increased burning damage.

Wait wait so they killed emberwake/taming....only to bring it back in lightning form? And in one ring instead of 2?

:confused: at GGG

That can't be right.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CompeAnansi posted:

Never got the invite.

Say's you're already in a guild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

Say's you're already in a guild

But hopefully that was your account name and not your character name - we need character name to invite and I managed to invite one of your chars 15 seconds before the servers went down!