Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Joementum posted:

all the wonks on twitter are mad about tariffs and i'm like "lol, lmao"

as a poor with no stocks this is also my position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That isn't how insurance works at all duder

Hospitals employ people whose sole job is to find the point where you'll look at a line item charge, laugh and throw the bill in the trash, and dial it back a notch.

The primary value add of an insurance company is that they negotiate favorable rates for their clients. A hospital might submit a bill for $90 for an aspirin, and the insurance company can say "gently caress off, we negotiated $2.95 and that's what you're getting."

Insurance company profits are capped by law. Any money in excess gets returned to the clients via the end of contract period settlement process.

The fundamental problem is a lack of cost controls imposed on providers. This is a thorny subject because frequently the hospital is the only good employer in many rural areas and their overcharging is all that supports decent jobs.

Abolish insurance and extract funds from parasitic sectors to fund UHC

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if you love yr trade, set it free 🌠🌠🖖💖

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

honestly the best answer towards abortion I've ever seen

quote:

Then in the midst of the fun a woman rises and challenges his pro-choice position. "It's a religious issue," Morry says, "not a matter for the federal government." She presses him: you can see she's used to making public speakers either come around to her way of thinking or regret ever opening their mouths. She's picked the wrong guy today. Instead of backing down or wiggling, Morry goes on the attack: "Look ma'am, I think 99 percent of women never want an abortion. They go through a lot of mental anguish. They suffer a lot. I say leave it to them." She tries to speak. Morry interrupts: "I said, leave... it... to... the... WOMEN."

If he wasn't insane and bent on cutting govt by a 1/3 he wouldn't be too bad, esp compared to TRUMP

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

why is this so funny

because they included Kroger, IMO

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

shovelbum posted:

Yeah I can see why it wouldn't work tho I could never marry like someone who couldn't drink booze

lesson learned and I'm with you there.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

shovelbum posted:

Abolish insurance and extract funds from parasitic sectors to fund UHC

insurance co. with an army

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

doctors should probably not make millions a year

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

is spicy town? real????????

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) — The Securities and Exchange Commission late last year dropped its inquiry into a financial company that a month earlier had given White House adviser Jared Kushner’s family real estate firm a $180 million loan.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/sec-dropped-inquiry-financial-firm-gave-kushner-companies-loan

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

sandoz posted:

is spicy town? real????????

he quit when the mooch came in

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I write medical claim abjudication and billing software for a living. If you're serious about wanting to correct our hosed up and broken system, you need to start at the root of the problem: provider costs.

The root of the problem is capital or perhaps our love of hierarchy over empathy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

NEW YORK (AP) — The Securities and Exchange Commission late last year dropped its inquiry into a financial company that a month earlier had given White House adviser Jared Kushner’s family real estate firm a $180 million loan.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/sec-dropped-inquiry-financial-firm-gave-kushner-companies-loan

lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

replace medicine w emotional support animals, and whisky

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/central-michigan-university-shots-fired/index.html

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

committing crimes faster than they can be investigated

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

People just love givin kush loans it's not his fault he's such a lovable highschooler

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

euphronius posted:

but they are special special people who are the sons and daughters of other successful people and they obviously deserve it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

reset the counter

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

they should be paid just like teachers

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 354 days!

Good (great)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

euphronius posted:

Remember Rand Paul said universal healthcare means doctors are slaves

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Al! posted:

america has all of these local chains that seem perfectly normal to locals but if you live on the other side of the country its like "what the gently caress is a sheetz that cant be a real name"

id shop at gwep's

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/status/969412291845328898
https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/status/969583962107637761

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

committing crimes faster than they can be investigated

honestly, it's impressive

this corruption

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

we're just churning out great gangtags here, folks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this common is

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:ssh: secret police

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

america has all of these local chains that seem perfectly normal to locals but if you live on the other side of the country its like "what the gently caress is a sheetz that cant be a real name"

the butt store called and they told me my curbside pickup was ready

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

when jfents was tweeting about it yesterday i was just waiting for this to drop lol

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

oh, no, no, no. this guy is no friend. in fact, we don't even get along

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if that plane's a' rockin', don't come a' knockin'

https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/status/969589857864634369

Serf
May 5, 2011

all police start wearing masks when

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

as a poor with no stocks this is also my position

if donald trup balances the trade deficit you wont be able to get anime anymore

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

we're just churning out great gangtags here, folks

genuinely good 2020 trumptoxx tag

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i wish we could show the guys who sat around Warren Harding's poker table reports of this administration's corruption to get their reaction

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the markets seem to be really reassured by trump's "trade wars good" angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You guys do realize that most major supermarkets are owned by Kroger or Safeway regardless of the store name, right?

• Locked thread