Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Are their any decent iOS mmos out there? Because the last time I tried an mmo, I pressed a button and it did everything for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

.Z. posted:

It’s smash a pot with a stream boost for me. I have yet to see a pot near a stream.

I found a pot next to a stream once. The stream boost launched me into the air and over the pot.

Haven't seen another one since. I just want to unlock the next boarder, dammit!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evoland-2/id1291427111?mt=8

Anybody picked up Evoland 2? The first one was cute.

wrist deep in the dead
Feb 10, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evoland-2/id1291427111?mt=8

Anybody picked up Evoland 2? The first one was cute.

I picked it up since i'd played the original

After playing a couple hours, it's pretty fun. Seems to be a bigger and more fully fledged rpg. Totally premium.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spam Musubi posted:

Are their any decent iOS mmos out there? Because the last time I tried an mmo, I pressed a button and it did everything for me.

I think Lineage 2 is the best you’re gonna get.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

RatHat posted:

I think Lineage 2 is the best you’re gonna get.

That’s the one I tried. Doesn’t feel like an mmo though. Because all you do is just auto quest and that’s it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Len posted:

Doesn't Pokemon Go still lack things like trading and battling your friends?

You shouldn't ever expect trading in Pokemon Go. Trading systems would gut most F2Ps, even without taking in to account the RMT issues it'd cause.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Evil Fluffy posted:

You shouldn't ever expect trading in Pokemon Go. Trading systems would gut most F2Ps, even without taking in to account the RMT issues it'd cause.

Pokemon was founded on the idea of trading monsters and you can't be a true Pokemon trainer unless you can battle and trade Pokemon with your besties :colbert:

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Len posted:

Pokemon was founded on the idea of trading monsters and you can't be a true Pokemon trainer unless you can battle and trade Pokemon with your besties :colbert:

They could ICO PokeCoin ...

(no, this is a terrible idea)

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Spam Musubi posted:

That’s the one I tried. Doesn’t feel like an mmo though. Because all you do is just auto quest and that’s it.

There ends up being a lot more than that (and you can play manually, you don’t HAVE to auto quest) but oddly the game is all in leveling up the skills and loot, and not actually combat. The good thing is that you really don’t need to buy anything with real money so it’s not going to cost you anything.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Doctor Zero posted:

There ends up being a lot more than that (and you can play manually, you don’t HAVE to auto quest) but oddly the game is all in leveling up the skills and loot, and not actually combat. The good thing is that you really don’t need to buy anything with real money so it’s not going to cost you anything.

”Hmm, seems like a waste of time” I mutter to myself repeatedly like an Oblivion NPC as I browse the iOS games thread.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Spam Musubi posted:

there was that one gameloft wow clone

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

No.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This just landed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIPhP3h4oDQ

:geno:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I can't think of a game genre more depressing to think about people playing on their phones.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

timer-clickers?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

timer-clickers?

That's less depressing to me because the eventuality of iOS MMOs is someone being like 'oh sorry can't go out tonight at 7pm I'm meeting my raid group on my phone'. Then they sit for 4 hours in a dark room head cranked down at their phone uncomfortably dealing with the cord plugged into it etc. Ugggggh.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

VelociBacon posted:

That's less depressing to me because the eventuality of iOS MMOs is someone being like 'oh sorry can't go out tonight at 7pm I'm meeting my raid group on my phone'. Then they sit for 4 hours in a dark room head cranked down at their phone uncomfortably dealing with the cord plugged into it etc. Ugggggh.

better to wander outside in a dark park with everybody for 4 hours with their head cranked down at their phone uncomfortably dealing with the cord plugged into it etc.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

duckfarts posted:

better to wander outside in a dark park with everybody for 4 hours with their head cranked down at their phone uncomfortably dealing with the cord plugged into it etc.

If you're talking about pokemon go I really think it's much more healthy because you're outdoors socializing with people vs cancelling/avoiding plans with people because of raid nights on your loving lovely phone oh man.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

2 words: PC crossplay.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

excuse me I think you mean rushing out in your pyjamas at 1am because you saw a rare pokemon in the alley just outside your catch zone.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

VelociBacon posted:

If you're talking about pokemon go I really think it's much more healthy because you're outdoors socializing with people vs cancelling/avoiding plans with people because of raid nights on your loving lovely phone oh man.

you know they have people who are like dog walkers but instead go around with a fuckload of cellphones to go pokemon hunting for other people, right

it's a real, sad thing

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

duckfarts posted:

you know they have people who are like dog walkers but instead go around with a fuckload of cellphones to go pokemon hunting for other people, right

it's a real, sad thing

That's not still a thing, is it? I mean, during the mania, sure, but now?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
On two separate days in the past week, I've walked past big groups of people where I assume some rare Pokemon was spawning. Each time, I noticed people with 7-8 phones just laid out on a bench swiping pokeballs, moving down the row of phones. I think in that situation I actually hope they're catching for other people and actually getting something, however menial, out of it, rather than just janitoring a dozen phones for their own Pokemon amusement. This is in urban Asia though, not sure if it remains popular enough in the States to make it a viable "job" of sorts. I figure in a city of millions of people there are still enthusiasts for just about anything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

duckfarts posted:

it's a real, sad thing

People love to take money from millennials.

Proof:
https://www.customavocados.com/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Could be worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCJU9djdIc

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m not sure iOS mmos are any more depressing than PC mmos

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I’m not sure iOS mmos are any more depressing than PC mmos

At least PC mmos the people have computers?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

VelociBacon posted:

At least PC mmos the people have computers?

Sam DeathWalker had many computers.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

e: nevermind

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
But with ios mmos you can forgo the sock and poop in the toilet.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
iOS Gaming: you can forego the sock and poop in the toilet

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Not sure if anyone could help but giving it a shot. Haven’t had an iPhone since around 2013 and was really into an interactive novel crime game called Cause of Death. Just picked up an X last weekend and was sad to see the story ended and the game was removed in 2014.

Anyone have a recs for a game in the same interactive novel mystery or crime solving type vein?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

the_american_dream posted:

Not sure if anyone could help but giving it a shot. Haven’t had an iPhone since around 2013 and was really into an interactive novel crime game called Cause of Death. Just picked up an X last weekend and was sad to see the story ended and the game was removed in 2014.

Anyone have a recs for a game in the same interactive novel mystery or crime solving type vein?

You might like 80 Days.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

the_american_dream posted:

Have you played the Ace Attorney games? They're classics in the genre, but someone else will have to speak to how the iOS ports are. Ghost Trick might also be up your alley but the puzzle solving is a little more in depth than a visual novel style game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea was about to say I’m pretty happy to play ghost trick again. Love that game. I’ll give the others a shot. Thanks guys

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Puzzle solving is fine. I typically just fire them up in bed to wind down which is why the preference are the interactive novels. But yea ghost trick and ace attorney style games work

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mayostard posted:

But with ios mmos you can forgo the sock and poop in the toilet.

Thwomp posted:

iOS Gaming: you can forego the sock and poop in the toilet

this is a pretty convincing argument i must say

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I feel like I’ve actually asked in the thread before, but 80 Days feels like a lot to actually wrap my brain around. I think I finished one play through, but it just felt like there were so many options. It’s one of those games I keep meaning to get back to, but I just can’t bring myself to dive back in. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Minus1Minus1 posted:

I feel like I’ve actually asked in the thread before, but 80 Days feels like a lot to actually wrap my brain around. I think I finished one play through, but it just felt like there were so many options. It’s one of those games I keep meaning to get back to, but I just can’t bring myself to dive back in. Any suggestions?

That’s a major part of its charm, it’s replayability. It’s meant to be played over and over, trying out different routes, noting down stuff for next time. Some things will only unlock on a second go-around. Dive on in!