Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Wanna be a spooky cosmic skeleton? There's a set for that now

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2104149

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I've changed my mind, this league is good

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Mover posted:

I've changed my mind, this league is good

you mother of fucker bastard!!!

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Hege Jugg reporting in - I went towards duelist instead of into the heart of templar, and the leech is pretty good. Also multistrike is bad for TS because you still consume 1 charge per swing.

I'm using TS, WED, Melee Phys, Added Fire, EF, Fire Pen in a tabula still, though I swap in onslaught for fire pen vs trash.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What’s the point of Thamaturgical Nets (effective against beasts of levels 68 and above) when we have Strong Steel Net (effective against beasts of levels of 64 and above)?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the point of Thamaturgical Nets (effective against beasts of levels 68 and above) when we have Strong Steel Net (effective against beasts of levels of 64 and above)?

Thaumaturgical Nets catch dead beasts, don't they?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Attorney at Funk posted:

Thaumaturgical Nets catch dead beasts, don't they?

You can craft them into necronets.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
thaums are necro shards basically

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

besides that i think they are supposed to have a better capture chance against harder beasts like bosses

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They existed before necronets so I guess it’s gotta be that

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dox. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=RodentGC

Awesome! posted:

besides that i think they are supposed to have a better capture chance against harder beasts like bosses

Thaum nets lets you capture red beasts at much higher hp than steel nets. If you try to capture red beasts in red maps with steel nets, they need to be almost dead by the time the net expires or you fail.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
There's a big reddit thread about how red maps seem completely unsustainable now, which I've felt too. I hadn't posted anything because "lol rng" but I've run, for example, 4 or 5 red maps in a row and gotten hardly anything but t9s and t10s.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

Would you mind sharing your build or the build guide you're following? I'm new and need my hand held through the entire process.

I followed the below guide. Currently sitting at 8 exalts 60 chaos and level 89.6. I have a full time job, so I don't play 24x7, but I will also say I've played as much as I can in my free time. Not sure what my /played is at.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1976479

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

There's a big reddit thread about how red maps seem completely unsustainable now, which I've felt too. I hadn't posted anything because "lol rng" but I've run, for example, 4 or 5 red maps in a row and gotten hardly anything but t9s and t10s.

That thread pops up every league that isnt full harbinger retardation. And it's pretty much always the same bullshit. RNG is RNG - variance is variance. Grind it out and you'll sustain.

J
Jun 10, 2001

After some of the bugs in abyss.....I wouldn't be surprised at all if goddamn nets were loving up map and currency drops somehow.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

TheRat posted:

That thread pops up every league that isnt full harbinger retardation. And it's pretty much always the same bullshit. RNG is RNG - variance is variance. Grind it out and you'll sustain.

Having put a lot of time into another game that is also very RNG heavy, I am starting to understand how :tinfoil: the majority of people are when it comes to this stuff.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The higher yellows are just particularly boring/annoying to run IMO which makes it feel bad when you hit a cold streak on reds.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Do you still have a slot left on the guild? Please invite Sharenas_Ankhadu

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Uhh so I got a real late start to the league due to some RL stuff, and this time around I went Thicc Juggernaut, just to get some currency and such. I got lucky last night slightly with an EX drop. It's not much, but I'm not too sold on the play style of the Cleave Juggernaut playstyle, after doing Ngamahu's Cyclone last league. What could I put together for 1 EX starting, and a tabula that could get me rolling fast?

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Ever do Glacial Cascade mines? It’s a little clunky at first ( you use ability A to set the mines a few times, then use ability B to detonate ) but after your second lab run you are detonating full screen waves of ice doom that one shot everything.

This league even had an awesome quality of life buff to miners with % regen up to 20% of your max hp a second. Makes lab way better when you get to spam mines to run thru traps.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So did TecSlam Jugg end up being solid at end-game? I know people were concerned about scaling and I haven't heard much about the build lately.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vulpes posted:

So did TecSlam Jugg end up being solid at end-game? I know people were concerned about scaling and I haven't heard much about the build lately.

I stopped a little after unlocking Jugger for the endurance charges.

The skill feels very mechanically boring - yeah, okay, it burns endurance charges to get 'more' range, and do some extra damage, but it's just a fancy looking ground slam, with a little bit of randomness for the fissures, at the end of the day.

It was a little annoying relying on the 'been hit recently' to keep my endurance charges up, so if you alpha-strike a few packs in a row you lose your endurance charges and your attacks stop hitting as far out. Maybe the 'endurance charge on stun' could help out with that.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vulpes posted:

It's ground slam with an added fire gem built in, but you have to jump through some hoops to get consistent aoe and some more damage on top of that. If you've played a melee build you've played tec slam. Charges aren't hard to keep up if you use Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support, which now has a more damage mod.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Tectonic slam basically now exists to make people want to be a juggernaut with tidebreaker.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I'm doing it and it's fine, but definitely missing something. Basically it's an excuse to pump survivability.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Twist And Pout! posted:

Ever do Glacial Cascade mines? It’s a little clunky at first ( you use ability A to set the mines a few times, then use ability B to detonate ) but after your second lab run you are detonating full screen waves of ice doom that one shot everything.

This league even had an awesome quality of life buff to miners with % regen up to 20% of your max hp a second. Makes lab way better when you get to spam mines to run thru traps.

I've been having a great time as a Shrapnel Blast trapper. Same sort of mechanics as mines, just one less click. And you get to abuse Chin Sol and Point Blank for some serious damage. With tinkerskin and eldrich battery you can run 100% mana reserved and still cast forever. Also there are a shaped gloves with trap and slower projectiles that make for an effective 6L.

The only drawback is the same as all totem / trap / mine builds: that small delay when stuff starts happening which can sometimes be life and death.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:lol: at the rollback whiners.

chris wilson posted:

(I'm posting this to reddit rather than the forum because I'm replying to some specific popular reddit posts.)

So I spent a while going through the logs of exactly who made what with the item-splitting recipe when it was in its initial form over the 12 hours that it was live. The highest number of uses by anyone was 13, with most people using it 1-2 times. Around 1000 items were created, and this was predominantly the completely-intended use of splitting six-link items or separating mods out.

We received reports of people making "hundreds of Elder and Shaper items" and then when we investigated, that person made one. A streamer who made "dozens of six-links on stream!" used the recipe twice.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I believe that post is deserving of a :boom:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, as the league goes on, what's the best way to "bank" my wealth. Do exalts hold their value better than other currency, for example, or should I but some specific unique or something.

edit: I've been playing the game for years and I found my first ever 6-link chest in a map, which i promptly sold for an exalt, btw :toot:

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 9, 2018

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Nice, I think I've found two ever and they were both divine-tier.

I think exalts are the safe bet for holding wealth but I'm not very much into the macro economy.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Zero VGS posted:

Hey, as the league goes on, what's the best way to "bank" my wealth. Do exalts hold their value better than other currency, for example, or should I but some specific unique or something.

edit: I've been playing the game for years and I found my first ever 6-link chest in a map, which i promptly sold for an exalt, btw :toot:

Currency wise alterations, divines, and exalts are the best currency to buy early league as they tend to go up the most.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Exalts usually slowly rise up until they're in the 80 chaos range, drop a bit down to 60 chaos range, and slowly creep back up to 100 towards the end of a league.

The safest bets from my experience are on Divines, which creep up to the 12 chaos range slowly, and Mirrors (lol), which are currently in the 50-60 exalt range and always end leagues in the 200+ exalt range (at the point where exalts peak to match standard prices).

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
If you're looking for items: 4 damage-mod jewels tend to only appreciate, but those are also expensive at the start.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just do exalts if I ever rarely find myself in a situation where I can't easily liquidate chaos via buying poo poo I need.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What builds might want a 6L that has 3 blue, 2 green, 1 red?

I'm unbelievably bad at this game and spent most of my Chaos on something with the wrong color sockets :doh:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I'm unbelievably bad at this game and spent most of my Chaos on something with the wrong color sockets :doh:

Elemental Spectral Throw would use that setup, I think.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Sab669 posted:

That's the setup for some cold spell totems, although those are almost all going to use Soul Mantle. Spell Totem (R), Cold Pen (G), Hypothermia (G), Frostbolt (B), Elemental Focus (B), Faster Casting/Controlled Destruction/Increased Critical Strikes (B)

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Fine for any green projectile skill with elemental supports.

Whatever + lmp + wed + ele focus + lightning pen + added lightning or something. Or crit and crit multi for blues.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Mover posted:

Elemental Spectral Throw would use that setup, I think.

confirmed

somewhat related: how the hell do live live on later tiered poo poo with dodge/evasion build. Is it really just 'don't get hit'? I'm a little low on life now and still mid 70s but i can never seem to take a hit with dex builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Don't get hit.

Granite Flask of Iron Skin might also help you in a pinch (only for physical damage though), but really, don't get hit.