Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Just picked this up and it's real great. Playing with pubs is still garbage, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
enjoying the game but kinda disappointed there are no daemons in it, not finished yet though. why throw a bunch of gross shirtless weirdos at me when you could have this instead:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Does beam staff's shotgun attack FF? sometimes I hear the audio for friendly fire attacks when you shoot through friends, but sometimes not

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Well that's the first ever game I've been kicked from, elf wants us to pick up the tome, nobody is interested in it so we continue on, wait far too long for the elf to give up and follow us to the bell, me and the 2 others are standing there, as soon as the elf gets inside the building I ring it then I get kicked. Always an elf.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
God drat, for someone who's never played the first game, this starting experience is absolutely terrible.

The maps from Quick Play seem to be wildly different in difficulty, we all have terrible gear, and even on the easiest difficulty I'm losing three out of every four games I play.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 10, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What difficulty? Gear kinda doesn't doesn't matter outside of having all orange items.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sometimes this game has some good glitches.

https://gfycat.com/GiftedVapidHoki

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's disappointing that you can't use Unchained's F-bomb to cancel out an overheat explosion. It seems like an obvious use for it, but you can purge your heat and then still be down a second later.

I see your unchained venting and then exploding, and raise you: a dwarf ranger getting knocked down and then a second later disappearing in a cloud of smoke that would've been a little more useful two seconds ago.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Tenzarin posted:

What difficulty? Gear kinda doesn't doesn't matter outside of having all orange items.

Recruit. I had a team of 4 level 1s try to go up against a troll, we got perhaps 1/16 of it's health in damage with all 4 of us beating on it when it goes into it's regen mode.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BabelFish posted:

Recruit. I had a team of 4 level 1s try to go up against a troll, we got perhaps 1/16 of it's health in damage with all 4 of us beating on it when it goes into it's regen mode.

That's just a quirk with how lovely it is starting out at lvl 1 and having no options for weapons and such. It only gets a little easier.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wait...you can blow up your beam? I had no idea and I played vermintide one. How does that work does it do a lot of damage? I’ve been using a bolt staff

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I have two items in my inventory that I won't use, so I'd like to scrap them. However, they're not appearing in the list of scrappable items.

They're not "Blacksmith" items, and they aren't equipped.

What's up with that?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I have two items in my inventory that I won't use, so I'd like to scrap them. However, they're not appearing in the list of scrappable items.

They're not "Blacksmith" items, and they aren't equipped.

What's up with that?

You have to unequip them on all careers on all characters to salvage them

pretty good design right

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Wait...you can blow up your beam? I had no idea and I played vermintide one. How does that work does it do a lot of damage? I’ve been using a bolt staff
yea they patched it back in on launch day, no notice

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The fort level was great.

Nice to actually win a battle for once.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

is there a way i can play with just the elves in my party

like a mod or w/e

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Willie Tomg posted:

I see your unchained venting and then exploding, and raise you: a dwarf ranger getting knocked down and then a second later disappearing in a cloud of smoke that would've been a little more useful two seconds ago.

:smith:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Twitch mode is probably the most amazing clusterfuck of my life.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

BabelFish posted:

God drat, for someone who's never played the first game, this starting experience is absolutely terrible.

The maps from Quick Play seem to be wildly different in difficulty, we all have terrible gear, and even on the easiest difficulty I'm losing three out of every four games I play.

you should probably be trying to do the maps in order instead of rushing into quick play

the maps seem widely divergent in difficulty because... they are

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

dmboogie posted:

you should probably be trying to do the maps in order instead of rushing into quick play

the maps seem widely divergent in difficulty because... they are

They definitely direct you to jump into quick play immediately. The UI defaults to that, and says it's the best way to play.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

what

gear dramatically matters for damage, targets hit and stagger which are basically all of the defining features of a weapon

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I would have assumed quickplay sent you to maps you've unlocked. Does it not?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I would have assumed quickplay sent you to maps you've unlocked. Does it not?

My first real map ever was act 3.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If it was against the grain then that's available from hte start. The first level of each act can be played from the start, and it unlocks the next mission in that act

We could have just gotten lucky or our Destiny Number got big enough or whatever, but we found act 2 the easiest by far (also the only one with an end boss that is both reasonable and doesn't take 6 minutes to kill) so try starting with that

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Difficulty is still pitchy as gently caress so it's hard to say what is the easiest until you've done everything a few times, like the hardest thing we've actually done was the donkey kong country minecart level because it spawned spaghetti-o, a horde, and multiple specials simultaneously in the dark and if we hadn't gotten bigger numbers from playing the beta by that point we 100% would have wiped--I can only assume that's not a guaranteed thing

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I'm annoyed that there are no new enemies in the main game than there were in the beta (at least, as far as I can tell) - even just a palette swap in the different chapters would have been nice.

Is there some goon group I can join or get in on (PC) in order that I don't have to deal with pubbies?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I have a trip report from playing on Legend a bunch. It's annoying, because I can't play alone with bots because they will die and I also won't get books and I can't find anyone else willing to play (except one who I need to follow up on). It's annoying because it only solidifies certain characters yet again as being viable and only with certain gear. And it's just downright bad as it is because it's made for specific individuals in the community to wave their cocks around. It's not very complex, it's just...frustrating. Champion I feel is perfectly balanced as your hero power starts climbing and climbing but this isn't fun. Every roaming enemy is practically guaranteed to be a Stormvermin or a Mauler (Two-handed axe, helmet chaos guy) and it's just so obnoxious. Pray the SV don't have shields.

If you can get a good team that just whallops everything and steamrolls properly, you can play it. But it'll probably be toned down later. You need people who stick together and funnel everything and have super high damage builds, and you've got to move fast.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Southern Heel posted:

I'm annoyed that there are no new enemies in the main game

I take it you didn't play the first game. Vermintide 2 is a veritable cornucopia of enemy types!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I wish Shade was better, because I'm really enjoying the Dual Daggers/Volley Crossbow playstyle. It does okay vs monsters if you can reliably keep stabbing 'em in the back and you can really unnecessarily overkill the poo poo out of a Chaos Warrior once every few minutes, but most of the time I feel like the subclass isn't doing much of anything for me.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Vargs posted:

I wish Shade was better, because I'm really enjoying the Dual Daggers/Volley Crossbow playstyle. It does okay vs monsters if you can reliably keep stabbing 'em in the back and you can really unnecessarily overkill the poo poo out of a Chaos Warrior once every few minutes, but most of the time I feel like the subclass isn't doing much of anything for me.

If you're not getting more and more ammo (i.e from Bardin Ranger) the Volley Bow is totally poo poo and needs not only an ammo buff but a rate of fire buff on LMB. Relying on scrounger just isn't viable anymore. I enjoy the class but Backstab's nebulousness and the weird bullshit regarding damage to bosses (especially in melee) I can't recommend it still.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

they did some really fucky poo poo to boss health in general. After moving up to veteran I used trueflight volley on bosses a few times and wasn't quite sure it actually moved the health bar anymore (if it did, it was all of a pixel). Still kills specials fine so I know the problem isn't it just doing that little damage. something's wrong.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Don't tell Fatshark but orange traits like Hunter (increase damage 25% to targets of the armor type you hit with a critical strike) apply on Melee if you switch from Ranged after landing that hit. Great for cleaving Stormvermin.

It's also my only idea for stomping bosses. Sometimes.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 10, 2018

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
Also please don't tell Fatshark that upgrading an item from blue to orange costs 20 scrap and not 50 like it says in the UI.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Small and Blue posted:

Also please don't tell Fatshark that upgrading an item from blue to orange costs 20 scrap and not 50 like it says in the UI.

lol I thought that was fixed

:allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Small and Blue posted:

poo poo, getting on this before it is patched

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's basically the same as VT one in the sense you had the channeled sniper ability and the point blank shotgun attack. I saw a bolt build earlier today, someone mentioned seemed like nice burst dps but definitely lacking vs hordes which is why I prefer the beam staff. Used it to help save a vet run gone bad in convocation of decay earlier tonight and a must until people get their horde sense for bottlenecking.

I'm curious to see the FF values at higher difficulties as it wasnt as bad at nightmare/cata levels in VT1.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I love that warpfire throwers are lovely and useless in the game for the exact same reason that they were lovely and useless in Total War: Warhammer 2: they're slow and have bad range. Ratmen need to go back to the drawing board with those things.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So you may not be aware of this, but Salty is actual an anime ninja.

Proof

See his ult works mid air. He has an AIR DASH. Creative use can get you interesting places.

Also holy hell the flail is crazy. I can charge into packs of 5 stormvermin and just stunlock them all.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Small and Blue posted:

you just got me an orange WH axe with stamina, attack speed, and swift slaying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Dr. VooDoo posted:

it's actually probably better than bolt staff charged attack because it's hitscan and does about the same damage. we accidentally pulled a full stormvermin patrol on champion while split up 2 and 2 and I basically killed them all singlehandedly before they could get very many swings off.

I shudder to thing what my friendly fire damage is when playing heatsink sienna though :ohdear: