Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Is the game chugging and dropping frames seemingly at random for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Klaus88 posted:

Is the game chugging and dropping frames seemingly at random for anyone else?

Yeah but then I hit alt-enter and it fixes it.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

That Gobbo posted:

What's better against bosses as Slayer? Dual axes or a great axe?

Currently rolling around at 26 with Slayer Bardin, and in my experience you will want to use your dual axes for bosses, if only for the increased movement while swinging (so you can stay with the monster as it changes targets.) In addition, once you secure some decent critical hit and attack speed boosts, you'll want to be light-attacking the entire time to quickly charge your slayer leap (with the "max stacks = more bar" talent); keep in mind that both your light and heavy dual-axe attacks will pierce armor.

Also in the bell map the elf and witch hunter had an amazing interaction that ended with Kerillian calling Sigmar a bearded corpse and Saltzpyre "thanking her for her input" in the most comical, gritted-teeth-fashion possible. He got triggered hard; I need to find it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lunethex posted:

If you do play and win on Champion then do not open the Chests until you reach 200 Hero Power from other means, preferably Veteran Boxes. Champion Chests and Commendation Chests can go up to 300 power.

i guess to put it another way, if i haven't seen a 200 hero power item yet, is there any benefit from me attempting champion missions? i know there's extra experience in the mix so i'd get level ups faster

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Cowcaster posted:

i guess to put it another way, if i haven't seen a 200 hero power item yet, is there any benefit from me attempting champion missions? i know there's extra experience in the mix so i'd get level ups faster

not really. you can stockpile the chests you'd get from it until you hit 200 gear score but those chests are not going to go up any faster than the veteran coffers.

on a somewhat related note, i think the gear score gain per chest flattens out near 200. i stockpiled my commendation chests and 74 of the buggers took me from gear score 200 to gear score 242. i didn't exactly take notes when i was opening lower tier chests but i could swear it didn't require 100+ of them to work through a tier like that.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Coolguye posted:

not really. you can stockpile the chests you'd get from it until you hit 200 gear score but those chests are not going to go up any faster than the veteran coffers.

on a somewhat related note, i think the gear score gain per chest flattens out near 200. i stockpiled my commendation chests and 74 of the buggers took me from gear score 200 to gear score 242. i didn't exactly take notes when i was opening lower tier chests but i could swear it didn't require 100+ of them to work through a tier like that.

I've stopped opening commendation chests once I got a 210 item now since I've yet to play a Champion game; I'm not sure how to proceed but in the meantime I guess I'll stockpile them until I get good enough to hang with the champs.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Willie Tomg posted:

I'm debating music choices for it as I make this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Did y'all know that bots can carry tomes? I didn't, and now pubbies are dead to me.

At this point I can basically run Against The Grain on autopilot.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Did y'all know that bots can carry tomes? I didn't, and now pubbies are dead to me.

At this point I can basically run Against The Grain on autopilot.

It's shocking how much better the bots are compared to a LOT of random players.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think they can carry tomes but they prioritize healing items, so the second you come across one they’ll set it down

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just ping a book and a bot will pick it up. i don't think they'll pick up grimoires, though, and if given an option a bot will try to grab health to replace a book.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i think they can carry tomes but they prioritize healing items, so the second you come across one they’ll set it down

This is true, but I just overload as sienna and have them heal me, then they will pick it back up again. Won't work so well on other characters though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

This is true, but I just overload as sienna and have them heal me, then they will pick it back up again. Won't work so well on other characters though.

ingenious!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I wanted to be more creative with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2LgMcJa8bM

but sometimes your first instinct just... clicks.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

got a “healing with high health” admonishment from sienna -> bardin along the lines of “bardin! you waste almost as much of our healing supplies as the elf!”

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Johnny Joestar posted:

just ping a book and a bot will pick it up. i don't think they'll pick up grimoires, though, and if given an option a bot will try to grab health to replace a book.

We had a run going where the bot was carrying a tome and both human players had one, and then we came across healing and the bot replaced the tome. Sienna, quite appropriately decided to say my now-favorite line in the game: "Markus Kruber, are you on a one-man quest to destroy our supplies?"

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What are everyone's favorite talents to use for Battle Wizard and Pyromancer?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Willie Tomg posted:

I wanted to be more creative with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2LgMcJa8bM

but sometimes your first instinct just... clicks.

That is some good goddamn Krubering.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jimbot posted:

i can’t advise for the pyromancer but the “throw this class in the loving dumpster” talent is pretty good for battle wizard

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Jimbot posted:

BW- anything that gets you to level 7 asap.
Pyro: anything that reduces heat gain/faster dissipate/temp health on kill. Oh and get some cool down reduction and at 25 the heat dump on special talent.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Beam staff sniping feels quickscoping in CoD. I love it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sounds like Fatshark needs to take another pass at Sienna and make the first class not worthless, it seems. Is the Conflag staff just bad in general? It seems like it's a real bad choice for Veteran or above.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tokubetsu posted:

Beam staff sniping feels quickscoping in CoD. I love it.

it hits harder than a bolt staff, it’s hitscan unlike a bolt staff, you can spam it faster than a bolt staff, and you still have the beam for long range hordes and the shotgun for up close breathing room. i wish someone had told me about it sooner.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Battle Wizard is strictly a downgrade, but it’s still pretty good. The fire walk does some stupid damage to bosses if they stand in it, and you can get some good distance if you aim it properly.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Seeing that video has me convinced I didn't give the halberd enough of a chance. I used it once in the beta and hated it, but maybe I'll have to give one another go.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Halberd rules and is fun

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Coolguye posted:

I got to 200 item level on my lvl 30 during the beta, then I started lvling the other characters have a lvl 20, 17, 17, 15, and the 30 dwarf. I've leveled up my power item level to 258 without playing champion games so far.

Shade backstab dmg vs bosses is pretty retarded.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Which Sienna class drops the twin peaks reference?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

fadam posted:

Which Sienna class drops the twin peaks reference?

Pyromancer, when you use her active.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That's the best class then imo.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Cowcaster posted:

it hits harder than a bolt staff, it’s hitscan unlike a bolt staff, you can spam it faster than a bolt staff, and you still have the beam for long range hordes and the shotgun for up close breathing room. i wish someone had told me about it sooner.

Well they didn't put the didn't put beam detonate back in till launch day so before then it was pretty hot garbage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it’s the battle wizard that says fire walk with me but your callouts are determined by what the host has set as their character’s class which if they haven’t touched sienna is battle wizard. i may be making that up entirely but i remember it being an issue with bardin’s slayer too

Malkof posted:

Well they didn't put the didn't put beam detonate back in till launch day so before then it was pretty hot garbage.

fair, but apparently it was a thing in vermintide 1 and no one mentioned it then either!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

DeathSandwich posted:

they struck the regular trueshot bow from the game.

just cruisin' the OP and noticing this bullshit wtf

im an emo legolas, ie Haldir

Charge mechanics rule so I'm interested in Kruber for hte first time with this game, looks fuckin sweet.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i think it’s the battle wizard that says fire walk with me but your callouts are determined by what the host has set as their character’s class which if they haven’t touched sienna is battle wizard. i may be making that up entirely but i remember it being an issue with bardin’s slayer too

fair, but apparently it was a thing in vermintide 1 and no one mentioned it then either!

After the beam staff no longer became absurdly OP (and after they added FF to the blast) it was pretty much necessary to redeem the thing, but I still rarely saw the staff used at that point

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

terrorist ambulance posted:

Halberd rules and is fun

halberd owns but it's not as fast as the arming sword

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

It really makes me wonder what is even the point of the conflag staff. The only thing that I can effectively do is soften up a horde. Okay. But if you are playing well and breaking up the line with shoves and stabs then you are just applying the fire dot (lol) on things that are just going to be chopped into pieces anyways. Rando slaverats aren't threatening, but that is the focus of the conflag.

Having a staff entirely based around replacing a few sword slashes is pretty weird.

E. If this was an RTS it would make sense, like an siege tank vs the zerg. But here there are no normal ranged rats, and damage is not guaranteed upon the rats hitting the shield wall like an RTS would have.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 11, 2018

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I love playing Ironbreaker. My impenetrable blocking dwarf will pick up every teammate. That includes all of you, too.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They really need to tone down the Bile Troll's vomit. It's range and duration is way too long.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
So where the cosmetics at? Don't know anyone that has one, haven't seen any, nobody seems to have a straight answer about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It really makes me wonder what is even the point of the conflag staff. The only thing that I can effectively do is soften up a horde. Okay. But if you are playing well and breaking up the line with shoves and stabs then you are just applying the fire dot (lol) on things that are just going to be chopped into pieces anyways. Rando slaverats aren't threatening, but that is the focus of the conflag.

Having a staff entirely based around replacing a few sword slashes is pretty weird.

E. If this was an RTS it would make sense, like an siege tank vs the zerg. But here there are no normal ranged rats, and damage is not guaranteed upon the rats hitting the shield wall like an RTS would have.

It staggers even Stormvermin, and has a huge aoe. It's not massive damage, but throwing apart an entire wave of rats is still pretty useful and gives the tanky dudes room to breathe and stab some rats and lets the murder classes go to town. You can replicate that with other classes sure, but that doesn't make it pointless, just changes what you're doing with her. Every character seems to be able to do any role from mass rat genocide, to boss slaughter, to crowd control.