Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are any of the WH subclasses/weapons supremely more ownage than the others?

Firstborn posted:

I initially tried Saltzpyre until I realized I didn't care about unlocking his subclasses, so I've switched to Kruber. Let me say this to all Krubers: use the Halberd.

Halberd is nice but Mace + Shield on Footknight makes you an unkillable god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Firstborn posted:

I've been in games where after a bad run everybody had white health to the point that they would die instantly next down. Does the trait negate that?

No. Regeneration does not reset downs. The team regen is nice on Recruit and marginally useful on Veteran, but Champion being one down and then death and harsh damage, it is entirely pointless.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Firstborn posted:

I initially tried Saltzpyre until I realized I didn't care about unlocking his subclasses, so I've switched to Kruber. Let me say this to all Krubers: use the Halberd.

I gravitated to it because I think halberds are cool but it's also extremely good in this game so that's nice.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

just release the arrow as soon as kruber finishes drawing, its like pinpoint accurate

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Firstborn posted:

Executioner's Sword is also pretty good.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Mace and shield is pretty good, but it sacrifices a lot of it’s elite crushing for the shield and some cc. It doesn’t have any real overhead swings, and it’s heavy attack is a rightward horizontal swing that stops directly on the crosshair, which is a bit difficult to headshot with. You also have to space heavy strikes or hlmb lmb lmb (resets it) hlmb because heavy strikes following other heavy attacks triggers the shield heavy strike instead of your weapon’s strike.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I see very little reason to use most shields over the 2h hammer in this game, their most important quality from 1 was ruined so you don't get much in return for their very bad killing power while the 2h hammer still CCs nearly as well as it used to, without sacrificing the ability to kill for ol' kruber

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What is the shield thing from rats I that you are talking about? I didn't play it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

In Rats 1 your shield bash heavy attack was the only heavy attack on shield weapons and could reliably lock down a corridor by spamming it.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fire Barrel posted:

Haven't gotten around to Kruber just yet, but I'd be interested in this as well (although, more interested in SnS, since that use to be my Kruber main).

enraged_camel posted:

Is mace and shield worth it on the soldier when playing with pubbies? I like the glaive because it has long reach, does decent damage and helps with crowd control, so I'm a bit hesitant to give all that up and take on a more specialized role if the rest of the team can't be expected to reliably play along.

If you're playing Foot Knight on Markus AND looking to be a bit more of tank/control role, I kinda prefer sword/shield to mace/shield. Sword feels like it has a bit more cleave, it feels easier to wallop on stormvermin, and the shield bash + stab is good for getting rid of slave/clan rats. That's not to say mace/shield is bad, I just prefer sword/shield.

If you're looking to handle more of a can opener role or loving wreck armored targets, halberd and warhammer are excellent. Halberd has more armor pen, hammer will lock down even chaos warriors if you spam light attacks.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Anyone else having trouble with voice chat? I started the game up and tried it out—worked great, my teammates could hear me fine. I didn’t like the default key (G) so I switched push-to-talk off, which I thought would mean the mic was always open. My teammates couldn’t hear me anymore. I put ptt back on and changed the button to something else, still nothing. I reset to default bindings and it still wasn’t working, even after I quit and relaunched the game. I know there’s an obvious solution (Discord) when I’m playing with friends but I might want to just fire it up and solo quick play sometime.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Digirat posted:

I see very little reason to use most shields over the 2h hammer in this game, their most important quality from 1 was ruined so you don't get much in return for their very bad killing power while the 2h hammer still CCs nearly as well as it used to, without sacrificing the ability to kill for ol' kruber

You do realize you can accomplish the same thing by alternating your first heavy attack with a push. The push resets the heavy attack combo. Toss in some light attacks after the push. Very easy rhythm to maintain.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I asked this earlier but it is still frustrating me. What methods does Kruber have for killing armored poo poo? I'm using the footman career right now, and since it is specialized in using a sword/mace and shield, I don't seem to have much options for shield breaking stuff. Do I need to just ignore them?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Showing a guy how to correctly use a shield after a wipe involving 12 downs, and then his damage taken dropping to 1/5 and beating the round with 2 downs is very satisfying, and took like no effort.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Node posted:

I asked this earlier but it is still frustrating me. What methods does Kruber have for killing armored poo poo? I'm using the footman career right now, and since it is specialized in using a sword/mace and shield, I don't seem to have much options for shield breaking stuff. Do I need to just ignore them?

Use the halberd still if you want to kill heavy poo poo. The halberd is amazing at it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lt_Tofu posted:

You do realize you can accomplish the same thing by alternating your first heavy attack with a push. The push resets the heavy attack combo. Toss in some light attacks after the push. Very easy rhythm to maintain.

you can also just guard. that will also reset things.

Node posted:

do you mean armored stuff or shieldbreaking? armored you can just spam heavy attacks, that will keep things staggered and taking damage - even in the case of chaos warriors. if you're talking about shieldvermin, you don't have a much better option than spamming attacks and focusing on their head as ANY kruber; but that's not unique, shieldvermin are kind of redonk at this point in time.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Night10194 posted:

Use the halberd still if you want to kill heavy poo poo. The halberd is amazing at it.

Executioner's Sword does a fine job too. Sweeps on light, straight vertical chop on heavy

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lt_Tofu posted:

Stamina regens slower in this game so this will rapidly run you out of stamina, making it unsustainable unless there is a way to stack that much regen (but the 30% from mercenary talent still wasn't nearly enough when I tried)

maybe this is the hidden value of the handmaiden that secretly makes it the best class...

Firstborn posted:

What is the shield thing from rats I that you are talking about? I didn't play it.

Shield charge attacks were all shield bashes that could be infinitely chained, and the sword & shield and axe & shield's charge attacks came out about three times as fast which meant they could batter back an entire horde in a choke point. shield bashes only damage 1 target but they make a "bubble" that is guaranteed to stagger all other targets around that one, and do not recoil on stormvermin, so this is hands down the best CC in the game unless you really need a bit more sweep in a single attack.

it did have the problem with the mace & shield and hammer & shield being strictly worse than the others, which was never fixed. The other two shields were incredible team weapons though, and on nightmare weren't even that useless at killing if needed.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
What in the gently caress happened here? I was just walkin around looking for tomes and then I just exploded.

https://streamable.com/eylyr

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

that map is buggy as poo poo

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
That's happened to me a couple of times, and is usually my signal that its time to step away from the rat game for a minute.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I like Kerillian's spear. Being able to just face down Roger and stab him in the face and then back dodge out of the hit and stab him in the face again is really gratifying.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Showing a guy how to correctly use a shield after a wipe involving 12 downs, and then his damage taken dropping to 1/5 and beating the round with 2 downs is very satisfying, and took like no effort.

Whats did you show him? I'd like to know how to be a better shield dude too.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Forgive my warhammer lore ignorance (I've only played the 40k games and Total War) but how non canonical would it be to have a lizardman hero?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

tehllama posted:

Forgive my warhammer lore ignorance (I've only played the 40k games and Total War) but how non canonical would it be to have a lizardman hero?

6/10

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

tehllama posted:

Lizardmen absolutely hate Skaven and would gladly work alongside humans to kill them, they're just halfway across the world on a completely different continent.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

This game, is a good video game. Well worth my $30.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

CaptCommy posted:

What in the gently caress happened here? I was just walkin around looking for tomes and then I just exploded.

https://streamable.com/eylyr

Had this happen to a random guy on the Act 3 boss map during the open beta. It was really funny, because he was playing Bounty Hunter and talking how he was gonna one-shot the boss for the entirety of the run(this was before they fixed that), and then he just instantly fell over dead once we entered the boss arena.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

UberJew posted:

Lizardmen absolutely hate Skaven and would gladly work alongside humans to kill them, they're just halfway across the world on a completely different continent.

yeah, a lot of poo poo could definitely go down given that it's the end of the world and all but fatshark would have to come up with a very contrived story as to why a lizardman is there

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Digirat posted:

Stamina regens slower in this game so this will rapidly run you out of stamina, making it unsustainable unless there is a way to stack that much regen (but the 30% from mercenary talent still wasn't nearly enough when I tried)

I've been able to keep up combos of Push > Heavy for a long rear end time, it's not that hard since you're taking so few hits. Sometimes weave in two heavies so regen runs for a while. I feel like Stamina actually recharges fairly fast but there's a delay before it starts? 2H Hammer Ironbreaker is pretty amazing, but the absolute madness of how much a shield can throw people around is great. Two quick bashes can flatten most of a horde and let you actually get in attacks where with the hammer I sometimes am going to get hit, and will get dragged down if surrounded. The shield's 180 arc helps a ton in those spots.

Edit: I will say that the 2H's ability to absolutely wreck Chaos Warriors and Stormvermin saved the hell out of a Champion run just now. Popping the 15 second Ironbreaker ultimate and tanking 4 Warriors and 2 Rothelms, plus assorted other poo poo while slowly whittling them away thanks to a handily placed sorceror storm was :black101:

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 13, 2018

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

UberJew posted:

So you're saying there's a chance I could play as a Saurus someday?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, a lot of poo poo could definitely go down given that it's the end of the world and all but fatshark would have to come up with a very contrived story as to why a lizardman is there

The Skaven have portal technology. Boom, there’s your story in five words. Hire me, GW.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

Well, you have a magical spell that lets you magically teleport around the area in a very magical fashion, so I'm not sure what would be so contrived about having a lizardman there.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the problem with another hero is that they'd have to do a lot more voicelines which i doooubt

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah, sadly, that's probably the most likely thing holding back new heroes/subclasses. I could see a new subclass as part of an expansion though, because there aren't tons of lines that reference other players subclass specifically, just the special ones they say about themselves. So that mostly cuts out any new banter having to be added.

I still want to see Greenskins and Beastmen as badguys at some point, but again, not likely unless/until a Vermintide 3 I imagine.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

tehllama posted:

Lizardmen hate chaos and the forces of chaos and the Skaven but the catch is they think everyone who is not a Lizardman is not part of the great plan making their life's are forfeit.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

It would be nice to see orcs and goblins, if only for the possibility of a waagh bomb that summons greenskins on a boss enemy ala the bile bomb in L4D2.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Use the halberd. The halberd is amazing.

Fixed that a bit for you.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gamerofthegame posted:

the problem with another hero is that they'd have to do a lot more voicelines which i doooubt

lizards can only talk lizard gibberish, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I wish they would have like some npc good guys, the entire empire can't be dead yet.

Like at the fort mission, you break the siege and just leave. Good luck guys, everything is on fire, the gates are gone, and I hope we killed everything for you!