Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Anyone else get the shakes when you play siege? I get really bad anxiety shakes for my first few matches and it messes up my aim a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AppleDan posted:

Anyone else get the shakes when you play siege? I get really bad anxiety shakes for my first few matches and it messes up my aim a bit

That's the adrenaline kicking in.
I used to get that a lot when playing fighting games against strangers. It'll stop happening once you get more confident in your gameplay and stop taking every match so seriously.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Shockeh posted:

Are you playing with the AusGoons?

yes shockeh but i rarely play anymore due to the issue described above tia

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kept playing some more games today. Eventually I got used to the desync and it seemed to have calmed down a bit, noticeable but not so disorienting and crippling. Enough that I managed to get 10 kills in a match and pull off some pretty sweet plays and clutches.

Mira is good. Shotgun secondary is good. Wallbanging is good. That is all.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Jack Trades posted:

It's way more common on the US servers apparently.
I don't see it that much on EU servers myself.

Oh it happens on EU servers but its normally done by some Spanish kid who after calling you a N word has his mum shouting at him. Who then decides to leave half way through the match

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Had some really good rounds today, owing it all to playing with a 5 stack. It's fun to show people who've missed a season all of the new mechanics and changes.

Went 11-2 coastline and I feel like I know that map pretty well at this point, and I'm "comfortable" on it. Wish I could say the same for some other maps

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Basically I will endlessly post about how APAC goons should play together, even to people who already do so because apparently having your SA name match your Uplay or Discord names is an abomination, and they should all be both different and endlessly changing.

(Come play with us, and hear me remind everyone every night the PMM is loving nuts and legitimately better than most primary guns.)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We talked about it Shockeh too, name change thread was hell for discord/sa relations

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh, I've had a match simply not count. At the end of it there was some server hiccup, and we all got 0 renown, the party system fell apart and our chances for alpha packs were all dropped to zero. After restarting the game it appeared we kept out rank, renown and alpha pack chance like the match didn't count.

Which was cool cause we got owned :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AppleDan posted:

Anymore, I only get it when I pull off or just barely almost pull off some insane 1v4 clutch. Gets those juices flowing and I can't aim the next round. You'll get over it eventually.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
New charm challenge is to win 2 pandemic missions.. :negative:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

keyframe posted:

Actually managed that in three tries. Every so often you get pubbies who are actually pretty capable. A useful thing (that the game apparently forgets to mention) is that if you fail in the last section and hit "Retry", you restart the mission from the halfway point (where the level change is). Particularly the mission where you save Jäger can be done pretty quickly that way.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They seriously reset the event challenges this week? Are the old charm challenges just gone? Guess I can go gently caress myself for not getting around to it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah I didn't get Blackbeard's Birthday charm, which is a shame because the new birthday charms are pretty cool. But destroying 20 gadgets was hard for me in Casual, where a lot of the times your opponents don't set up anything in any predictable places!

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 13, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah I didn't get Blackbeard's Birthday charm, which is a shame because the new birthday charms are pretty cool. But destroying 20 gadgets was hard for me in Casual, where a lot of the times your opponents don't set up anything in any predictable places!

Good news, the new charm challenge this week is the same goal again!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Better than 10 wins with a specific operator.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah they did try to mix the challeges up this season which is nice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

keyframe posted:

Just get some goons. It's really easy.
The hardest part is to not fall asleep while you're doing it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW I got my first ever Pulse wallbang with IQ and it was a very good feeling. Pistols are really good now!

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Not to get all smuggo but I'm pretty disappointed with the difficulty on pandemic. Left 4 Dead at the higher difficulties feels like an entirely different game that's immensely more threatening. Outbreak just feels mostly the same but with friendly fire. I mean it's still not easy, but I haven't once felt the need to adjust how I play it--maybe feeling incentivized to make use of stealth or something, or stick together more or something.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

keyframe posted:

Don't worry I'll carry you again bb xx

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Koramei posted:

Not to get all smuggo but I'm pretty disappointed with the difficulty on pandemic. Left 4 Dead at the higher difficulties feels like an entirely different game that's immensely more threatening. Outbreak just feels mostly the same but with friendly fire. I mean it's still not easy, but I haven't once felt the need to adjust how I play it--maybe feeling incentivized to make use of stealth or something, or stick together more or something.

The real challenge is that most of the matchmaking dumps you with level 11 people who are clearly not up to any challenge.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

BTW I got my first ever Pulse wallbang with IQ and it was a very good feeling. Pistols are really good now!

naysayers gonna naysay but IQ seriously owns. enjoy it while it lasts because people are going to slampick her due to the comedy option elite skin

one of the easiest ways to kill pulse is to prime a grenade and blow up the window he's camping. the splash damage usually at least downs him

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

dont cameras count as gadgets?

just play twitch and kill cams, you'll be done in two games

Minera fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 13, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Minrad posted:

No, unfortunately. Or at least they didn't for the Blackbeard Challenge, I don't think...

Thief posted:

one of the easiest ways to kill pulse is to prime a grenade and blow up the window he's camping. the splash damage usually at least downs him

I'm gonna do this. Thank you Thief, you're full of good advice and named after one of the best games of all time.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 13, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

No, unfortunately. Or at least they didn't for the Blackbeard Challenge, I don't think...

I'm gonna do this. Thank you Thief, you're full of good advice and named after one of the best games of all time.

well, you can always fuze the hostgae and kill a half dozen gadgets that way :v:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Minrad posted:

Not for this challenge they dont

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I just used Thatcher for a few rounds and nuked the obvious spots

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sidenote: Ubi doesn't ban for game exploits.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Someone might have already mentioned this, but staying on the mounted gun in the new mode goofs up your ending cutscene: https://streamable.com/lr9l4

poor guy just wants to hold beeg gann

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sidenote: Ubi doesn't ban for game exploits.

there was a group of players that were using this glitch to grief top tier ranked games and one of them got permabanned

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Apparently there's already been a possible leak/datamining for the next two ops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU0Hp2CaLQI

Not a lot of detail yet, but the gadget IDs are apparently "BulletproofCamera" and "DecoyProjectile". Supposedly the latter one can spawn some sort of hologram.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
There are Vigil lines referring to a decoy, so who knows if that'll be an actual Italian ability or not. Still, bulletproof cams sound sweet.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I just want vigil to be able to cloak during lions scan and not be detected. It would give his ability (which is ok) at least one really good thing.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Lion's ability is a big rear end sound wave, vigil's got optic camo, I don't get it

Even from a gameplay only perspective I want less situations where there's one op who can can counter something, like echo not being called by dokkebei. I don't want the game to become like dota where there's a bunch of one off, weird counters in a laaarge pool of characters

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
tell me about how mute block sound waves

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Penpal posted:

vigil's got optic camo

No, his mask just remotely hacks drones and cameras to erase himself from their video feed. :v:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I think the next two ops will have one Lion counter. It's probably the decoy op

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Wooper posted:

tell me about how mute block sound waves

His mute jammers emit a whitenoise-like effect that interferes with and masks ops from lions sonic scan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So basically everybody just needs to blast Darude's Standstorm on full volume and they'll be safe from Lion. :science: