Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

This is from several pages back, but don't let anyone tell you not to use the flame pistols at higher difficulties. I know everyone wants to pigeonhole the iron breaker into a boring shield dude who only knocks poo poo over, but gently caress that. Flame pistols + 1hand axe for life. Even in champion it's great, who needs to knock down hordes when they're all dead before the get to you? The last champion map I played (the sewers one that ends in the summoning circle) I was 2nd in damage, took the least damage, and we cleared with all 3 tomes and 2 grims. Eveything melted to the elf and I before it got to our group. We took a patrol with a boss by accident and I just taunted the patrol and hacked them to bits with the axe and my temp health while the rest of the party dealt with the boss. Flame pistols are consistently awesome as long as you're out in the front most of the time. They kill elites just fine as long as you're at mid range, and anything super far away you can usually just los or run close enough to kill with the pistols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Pistols are good because it's an ammo-less weapon that does decent. It's not amazing, but you can pull them out without to much thought and pew pew whatever before switching away again.

The flamethrower is bad because it's both close range, obstructive and has a long wind up.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Which talents you guys picking for Waystalker? It feels like you'd want to have as many arrows as you can for as long as you can, so I'm thinking arrow regen and getting them back when using F? My friend usually plays as Kerillian, and as the Shade, so I'm a bit lost as to what's a solid build for her.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 14, 2018

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Im seriously considering leaving any party with a Sienna in it. Either you get friendly fired to half health before you're 25% through the map or you get people who just make the game a chore by killing everything as soon as they appear.

Last run was a festering ground where the sienna downed me and another player by constantly throwing her homing fireball around, even through other players just to kill five-six clanrats milling around.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Did the item have an illusion on it? There’s a bug still where instead of upgrading it just removes the illusion. So you have to try again.

I also wasted 20 materials.

Aww I think this is what happened as I had a random illusion sitting in my inventory recently afterward.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Champion alone is just get shot in the back mode.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I could use help on supply drop locations more than books. I spent whole runs on these loving forest maps without finding any items. Not that those runs often complete.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I think I win on damage taken.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/930429331981783940/DF86B656D024325BE648EDDAB32AF54D62E9DDBF/

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

okay, well, the devs need to fix this "game completely dies when steam goes down for a second" issue

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Oh god drat we’d almoat finished the cathedral fight with two grins and all the tomes. And it was a deed. :smith:

I mean it was a really basic deed, just “normal enemies are all replaced by tougher variants”, which translates to us killing a LOT of those tall tougher norseman with the massive axes.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
just watched a patrol of storm vermin walk 10 foot up in the air over our heads, phase through a wall and then my game crashed. Now steam believes I have no internet connection. Despite how the rest of the internet still runs. What are they hiding from me? What secrets was I too close to discovering? I may never know.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Accurate.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

just watched a patrol of storm vermin walk 10 foot up in the air over our heads, phase through a wall and then my game crashed. Now steam believes I have no internet connection. Despite how the rest of the internet still runs. What are they hiding from me? What secrets was I too close to discovering? I may never know.

they found ur steam pipes and gnawed it open, leaking all your packets into the underempire

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Dedicated servers really can't come soon enough. Games are usually quick and getting kicked out of maps because of host disconnects and steam bullshit isn't too much time lost, but it gets more and more frustrating when it becomes a constant problem that I end up dealing with every day I play. I just want to bash rats, why are you making it so hard for me to bash rats?!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I just stopped even playing vermintide 1 on tuesday evenings after awhile due to steam, a habit which will evidently not be changing

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Is it worth getting this game if I don't have anyone to play it with yet? I'm currently trying to get my normal multiplayer group to play this but they are legendarily stubborn when it comes to adopting new games (particularly on pc), but I still want to play it because its warhammer, has skaven, looks pretty and is :krad:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean, you can play with goons.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Night10194 posted:

I mean, you can play with goons.

yeah but i've never done that and i'm shy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
champion mode is bad design imo. you spend all your previous play time learning to play in a certain way and with certain kinds of strats and then you have to completely throw it out the window or else risk becoming a massive liability to your team.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pub groups are fine. I've met plenty of nice randoms and they're all perfectly competent (most of the time)

I hear people playing recruit are way more toxic for some reason though.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
sigh just crashed when someone left AS WE ENTERED THE BRIDGE OF SHADOWS (after this person threw away a grim by accident 30 seconds after i sh owed them it)

uber_stoat posted:

champion mode is bad design imo. you spend all your previous play time learning to play in a certain way and with certain kinds of strats and then you have to completely throw it out the window or else risk becoming a massive liability to your team.

Yeah the fact that they dont let you jump right into higher difficulties is strange. All I learned from my time in recruit was run into hordes and hold m1 and that poo poo don't work at the high difficulties.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

AnEdgelord posted:

Is it worth getting this game if I don't have anyone to play it with yet? I'm currently trying to get my normal multiplayer group to play this but they are legendarily stubborn when it comes to adopting new games (particularly on pc), but I still want to play it because its warhammer, has skaven, looks pretty and is :krad:

You can have me, bb (seriously I don't play more than once or twice a week so I will perennially be available to run with new goons)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

yeah but i've never done that and i'm shy

It's not like you're the only shy goon. You'll do just fine.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
alternating free triple-bolt volley crossbow shots into a horde with rapier stabbing a rat in the head to reset the buff is awesome

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Iron breaker just soaks up all damage, and it looks like at level 15 it’ll get even more tanky.

How do the different dwarf weapons compare? I’ve switched from hammer and shield to axe and shield when I picked on up and my attacks feel chunkier, don’t really have to worry about crowd control since my shield knocks everyone over and the rest of my team are normally just spamming m1 next to me.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Smith Comma John posted:

alternating free triple-bolt volley crossbow shots into a horde with rapier stabbing a rat in the head to reset the buff is awesome
Yeah. I can only imagine that they'll change it so that the volley bow acts more like the Shade repeater, but even then it'll still be great. I just got the "blessed shots consume no ammo" ability and its so relieving.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Why do I suck with dual daggers on elf? Armored dudes are just much harder with them than glaive and it feels like glaive is better at crowd control anyway so I must be doing something wrong.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How much do you dodge and move in combat?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Night10194 posted:

How much do you dodge and move in combat?
I'd like to think a ton but maybe I make bad choices on when I dodge. Typically to the side. I think my main frustration are armored dudes, I should probably just stick to using the bow and consider it a perk that the glaive was good at that.

I just have no basis of comparison for dual daggers. What few people I know who play elf are either much better snipers than I am or they play spear maiden.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Rascyc posted:

Why do I suck with dual daggers on elf? Armored dudes are just much harder with them than glaive and it feels like glaive is better at crowd control anyway so I must be doing something wrong.

Dual daggers are all about removing one rat at a time in extremely rapid succession. A glaive (and spear) are both more ACTUALLY useful, but dual anything gets a +10% any the shade, for instance, wants that attack speed to leverage all those insta-murder crits.

Try the sword and dagger instead, but the glaive and spear are both good!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

dual daggers are terrible so don't use them

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What are the two skills next to skulls listed under the class specific abilities on the Hero Talent page?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

they look Cool and Metal

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yea but like how do you get them?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

fadam posted:

you already have em

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

fadam posted:

automatically; they're your class passives

they got moved separately from your class ability for... some reason

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

for a dwarf using the level 7 class, axe and shield or warhammer and shield?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish there were more options at the end of a match than "Return to Keep". Need more options like "Leave Party" "Quit Game" "I don't want to sit through a thousand loving loading screens to leave this loving party what the gently caress Fatshark"

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

BombiTheZombie posted:

Im seriously considering leaving any party with a Sienna in it. Either you get friendly fired to half health before you're 25% through the map or you get people who just make the game a chore by killing everything as soon as they appear.

Last run was a festering ground where the sienna downed me and another player by constantly throwing her homing fireball around, even through other players just to kill five-six clanrats milling around.

I guess to be fair, the game doesn't explain that friendly fire exists, whether or not Burning Head does FF, or really anything.

This is a great game but Fatshark really needs to do a better job of explaining poo poo in the actual GAME.

Like I have a damage reduction aura on Kruber. How much is that? All I can do is infer that it is less than 20%, because there's a talent that raises it to 20%. Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The Slack Lagoon posted:

for a dwarf using the level 7 class, axe and shield or warhammer and shield?

I personally like the hammer but that's subjective, it's more about which attack animations you like. I haven't felt a big gap between the two, in my experience.