Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

In response to a fan on Instagram that suggested that Jeff Hardy was “needed” for Ultimate Deletion, Reby said the following: “Matt has busted his rear end to get to this point. He & I have been fighting for this to happen for nearly a year. After the hard work & $50k+ in legal fees that *WE* paid, I’m gonna have to say NO. He is not “needed”. Jeff is clearly doing his own thing & it has nothing to do with us right now.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I mean why would it be Jeff Hardy? It's going to be Brother Nero or Rellik, obviously.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Well I'll be

:monocle:

Rellik is Killer spelled backwards!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

gently caress yeah good for matt and his wife, jeff is obviously a piece of poo poo, and i know addiction is a extremely difficult disease to overcome but he has had money and opportunity there's no excuse for his actions at this point

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
They don't need Jeff.

They do need Willow.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Man, I can't wait until Undertaker has the promo for WrestleMania that goes like "I may have left the hat in the ring last year but I still have the bandana" and Biker Taker returns. That's got to be how it goes.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They don't need Jeff.

They do need Willow.

Normal nerdy Willow or sexy vampire Willow?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all are forgetting Itchweeed and I'll not stand for it

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Also typing that made me remember Roderick used to team with a Sedrick way back when. Whatever happened to that guy?
Only ever wrestled on the Florida scene and retired a couple of years ago, IIRC.

Le Saboteur posted:

Man, I can't wait until Undertaker has the promo for WrestleMania that goes like "I may have left the hat in the ring last year but I still have the bandana" and Biker Taker returns. That's got to be how it goes.

And then new HOF inductee Kid Rock can sing him to the ring at Mania.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Germansimp posted:

Only ever wrestled on the Florida scene and retired a couple of years ago, IIRC.

And then new HOF inductee Kid Rock can sing him to the ring at Mania.

see this is why im worried john cena might actually have a match with taker at mania. with bikertaker 2.0 and kid rock doing american badass. i dread it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It'll be worth it for the shots of the crowd trying to stifle laughter as this loving grandpa shuffles to the ring in "badass" clothing that was dated 15 years ago

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I would love to see bikertaker so much.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Biker Taker was a gigantic joke of an idea, and if they truly wished for him to end his career with the wettest fart imaginable, then that would be the route to take.

Kid Rock is just the icing on the poo poo cake.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
A thought that just popped into my head was that if Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura wins at Wrestlemania it'd be fun to have him only want to put the title on the line against AJ since he's the only one he respects personally, or to put it another way the only one he wants to fight, so you could have about 3-4 PPV matches on the row between them on that basis without having to hotshot the belt around and invoke rematch clauses. Then Sami and Kevin could get pissed at how the main event scene is going and start teaming up against either Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura or AJ trying to straight up take them out like they just did to Shane, and that could lead to a fun fatal fourway for the title and probably Sami or Kevin getting the title there. And out of that mix hopefully we get a Nakamura/Sami feud since they had insane chemistry right off the bat in Nakamura's NXT debut, which granted they got to put on the more fun NXT style match and the crowd was insanely hot, but even half the magic of that match is more than we typically see.

Edit: Also I'd get a kick out of Bikertaker just because I'd enjoy seeing Taker get to do whatever he wants no matter how goofy it is. Let the man who got a supernatural gimmick that never should have worked on paper over go out for his last right using the more grounded gimmick that probably should have worked better than it did. Or to put it another way, if I was a new wrestler I'd much rather be the guy riding a bike to the ring than the guy making fake lightning bolts appear and messing around with an urn.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 15, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Normal nerdy Willow or sexy vampire Willow?
Hooked on magic murder revenge Willow

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Shinjobi posted:

Biker Taker was a gigantic joke of an idea, and if they truly wished for him to end his career with the wettest fart imaginable, then that would be the route to take.

Kid Rock is just the icing on the poo poo cake.

Especially would ne embarrassing because Rollin' was the more popular Bikertaker entrance song.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Best Taker music was Johnny Cash.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Gorn Myson posted:

Best Taker music was Johnny Cash.

I'd put his classic theme up as one of the top in-house themes, though it's really just a riff on music that's already public domain (I think?), but yeah bringing Johnny Cash to the entrance music competition is just all kinds of overkill, there's only a few themes ever that can hang with that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

NowonSA posted:

A thought that just popped into my head was that if Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura wins at Wrestlemania it'd be fun to have him only want to put the title on the line against AJ since he's the only one he respects personally, or to put it another way the only one he wants to fight, so you could have about 3-4 PPV matches on the row between them on that basis without having to hotshot the belt around and invoke rematch clauses. Then Sami and Kevin could get pissed at how the main event scene is going and start teaming up against either Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura or AJ trying to straight up take them out like they just did to Shane, and that could lead to a fun fatal fourway for the title and probably Sami or Kevin getting the title there. And out of that mix hopefully we get a Nakamura/Sami feud since they had insane chemistry right off the bat in Nakamura's NXT debut, which granted they got to put on the more fun NXT style match and the crowd was insanely hot, but even half the magic of that match is more than we typically see.

Edit: Also I'd get a kick out of Bikertaker just because I'd enjoy seeing Taker get to do whatever he wants no matter how goofy it is. Let the man who got a supernatural gimmick that never should have worked on paper over go out for his last right using the more grounded gimmick that probably should have worked better than it did. Or to put it another way, if I was a new wrestler I'd much rather be the guy riding a bike to the ring than the guy making fake lightning bolts appear and messing around with an urn.

I really doubt AJ will be on SmackDown for long after Mania.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what was the difference between 'big evil' undertaker and 'bikertaker' or were they the same character

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ministry of darkness taker was best taker, and he had the best music

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Send Finn Balor to Smackdown and have him face Shinsuke, I say.

Of course, Raw would have to get Road Dogg as part of the trade.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Frankston posted:

Ministry of darkness taker was best taker, and he had the best music

Ministry Taker was the best because it was such a logical next step for Taker at that time. He dressed more and more like a satanic pope so him actually being that was hugely satisfying.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

NowonSA posted:

I'd put his classic theme up as one of the top in-house themes, though it's really just a riff on music that's already public domain (I think?), but yeah bringing Johnny Cash to the entrance music competition is just all kinds of overkill, there's only a few themes ever that can hang with that.

There's only one theme.

And it's Mark Henry's.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8FrLxgXAUY

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Seams posted:

what was the difference between 'big evil' undertaker and 'bikertaker' or were they the same character
I always saw "Bikertaker" as his attempt to mimic Kevin Nash, specifically in ring attire and moveset.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Big Spooky

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bikertaker in a Cena feud really makes too much sense. Can you imagine Cena going "DEADman? You're just a MAN! In a COSTUME, jack!" Then Undertaker would gargle piss. He'd have some teeth to respond as Bikertaker.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
aj will get traded to raw to lose to the big dog

bow wow

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DoctorGonzo posted:

bow wow

Remember when they were trying to get Cena over when he first started becoming super toxic and they did it by having him beat Chris Benoit in a submissions match to prove he was "for real"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm totally down with a bigger wrestlemania ramp if it means we get Ramp Snake 2.0. It'll be funny if Balor goes Demon after not doing it for the royal rumble or elimination chamber. Clearly the miz is the ultimate thread that drags out his deepest desperation.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

DoctorGonzo posted:

bow wow

The AJ matches were by far Roman's best and at least AJ gets to main event a big PPV (Summerslam maybe?) this way, I'd be fine with this.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Seams posted:

Big Evil was Bikertaker's nickname during his 2002 heel run. Another one was Red Devil (his merch at the time had logos I always read as "BIG RED DEVIL EVIL" due to the layout), and JR occasionally called him "Booger Red" for whatever reason.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 15, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And they replaced rollin with an in house theme who was almost the same as eric bischoff´s one

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

DoctorGonzo posted:

And they replaced rollin with an in house theme who was almost the same as eric bischoff´s one
Ah yeah. "You're Gonna Pay", aka the classic "badasses always kicking assholes' rear end" theme. He didn't get that one until he turned face again, though, he was using the instrumental "Big Evil" theme for the heel run after ditching Rollin'.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DeathChicken posted:

I remember back in the day when Randy Savage left for WCW and Vince appeared to be on the verge of tears trying to explain why he was gone. They've always been weird about people "leaving" them, it's just that over the years it's devolved into being downright cult-like.

How dare people leave them after years of mistreatment, where they've directly spoken to management about their demands, which they haven't worked with?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Probably as soon as the brand became bigger than the talent

There is not a single superstar who is a big enough name to work anywhere other than the WWE and make a dent in WWE's popularity

I really loving hope All In is a success. If that can then go into a long-term popular alternative, that would be so excellent. The trifecta of popular, good, and profitable seems to alude promoters.

Doc Morbid posted:

Big Evil was Bikertaker's nickname during his 2002 heel run. Another one was Red Devil (his merch at the time had logos I always read as "BIG RED DEVIL EVIL" due to the layout), and JR occasionally called him "Booger Red" for whatever reason.

It's apparently a old regional thing. Kind of a great example of why WWE thought JR could be too much of an old Oklahoma man.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I loved Bloody Snot Taker. I'm glad a compulsive nose picker gimmick got off the ground.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm not going to say this 10 month Shane/KO feud was worth it for the powerbomb, but it's still a great consolation prize.

drat this feud is so long that KO and Sami costing smackdown survivor series was 4 months ago. That's almost the halfway point if this goes past Mania.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 15, 2018

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

I'm not going to say this 10 month Shane/KO feud was worth it for the powerbomb, but it's still a great consolation prize.

drat this feud is so long that KO and Sami costing smackdown survivor series was 4 months ago. That's almost the halfway point if this goes past Mania.

Imagine if they're not on Mania except for the Battle Royal.

10 months of build as the top heels on the brand and they don't even get a Mania match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
AJ the Styles will defeat The Big Dog TM at SummerSlam for the Universal Title and then defend it against Lenny Delta at WrestleMania 35 in San Antonio

• Locked thread