Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chesnok posted:

Game has had two major beta tests and is out for a week. Developers patch irrelevant percentile points in character skills and other minutia instead of addressing the boss encounter that is literally impossible on champ or lord and not fun to play on any difficulty.

i don’t want to argue against the idea that this game could’ve quite obviously spent longer in the oven but they’ve acknowledged how broken as gently caress the last mission is and are working on it, what exactly do you expect them to accomplish in two days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

chesnok posted:

Game has had two major beta tests and is out for a week. Developers patch irrelevant percentile points in character skills and other minutia instead of addressing the boss encounter that is literally impossible on champ or lord and not fun to play on any difficulty.

That map wasn't available in the beta tests.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

chesnok posted:

one side dev can change the files in notepad or something to fix the talents and etc etc

fixing level geometry takes longer

SuperKlaus posted:

I just unlocked Shade. What's the deal with what's considered a backstab? And how does her talent to improve her backstab angle change that?

Someone posted before that it's basically clicking directly on a rat spine from directly behind. It makes a meaty, squishy sound that's allegedly distinct, though the same as backstabs in the first game if you played it. I've never noticed it, but I have my volume fairly low (and don't go for backstabs besides.)

I recommend ignoring it outside of token efforts on bosses and go ham on insta-death crits.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Like, they've already committed to patching every day. That's not them ignoring the game. I'm sure if they could get a fix out for that they would. I'm willing to give Fatshark the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Boss levels should be removed from quickplay or rewards doubled.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Two patches being two days. poo poo takes time.

As frustrating as getting disconnected or having problems in the middle of a mission is, I wouldn't describe the game as "very buggy."

Out of the eight games I have played since last night, I have gotten disconnected on three of them, and gone through a "host migration" on two (which involves starting the mission over - why doesn't the game state migrate as well?). To me, this does qualify as "very buggy." Obviously, YMMV. But I mean, didn't this game have a beta where they should have fixed these types of critical issues?

The most annoying part is that you also lose out on the experience and rewards. It seems the game needs to handle it better, maybe by granting you the experience in real time, as opposed to only when/if you see the victory/defeat screen.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

xanif posted:

How are you supposed to play her?

She has more health than Waywatcher or shade and she has increased stamina regen for her and everyone near her. She's a tank and can focus on controlling poo poo with a spear.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Out of the eight games I have played since last night, I have gotten disconnected on three of them, and gone through a "host migration" on two (which involves starting the mission over - why doesn't the game state migrate as well?). To me, this does qualify as "very buggy." Obviously, YMMV. But I mean, didn't this game have a beta where they would fix these types of critical issues?

The most annoying part is that you also lose out on the experience and rewards. It seems the game needs to handle it better, maybe by granting you the experience in real time, as opposed to only when/if you see the victory/defeat screen.

I agree on the annoying part. I actually had issues with my router yesterday while hosting and need to reboot it. That was 20 minutes down the drain for everyone and I felt really bad. Then my other friend was hosting and his game crashed, another 20 minutes down the drain. They should definitely handle this more gracefully. Either pass the last known state to the next host or give everyone credit equivalent to a loss or something.

But that's 2 matches out of probably 30+ played over the past 2 weeks that I've had problems with. With it being peer-to-peer, maybe you had internet issues or maybe your host had internet issues. I do think they patched something about handling Steam connectivity issues better today or yesterday. While the their handling of these issues needs to be better, again, not something I'd consider "very buggy."

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Boss levels should be removed from quickplay or rewards doubled.

When they first introduced Warcamp to the beta I had assumed boss levels would just be slightly shorter to compensate for the potential wipe at the end. Apparently this is a feature unique to Warcamp, particularly as Into the Nest feels like one of the longest levels in the game.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

holy poo poo lmao

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

xanif posted:

How are you supposed to play her?

Slap on +stamina +block/push% equip a spear or the glaive and go to town on things with block+push+attack combo. Couple that with a decent dash on a low cooldown, and the crazy stamina regen you can get you can go to town on hordes. You'll be killing a lot, CCing and helping your team a lot more.

You can basically hold block the entire time you're fighting things.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So the elf effectively has infinite ammo again.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The tooltip for foot knight's damage resist talent says "increases it to 5%"...

5%? I thought it increased it to 20%??

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's probably been nerfed. It's either a 10% base, with the talent making it 15% total.

Or it's 5% base with the talent making it 10.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
In Overwatch my big pet peeve was people panicking and running into closets for no reason to be murdered. In this game its panicking and running into a wide open street for no reason to get murdered by slave rats.

Why do gamers have such consistently bad crisis response?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lunethex posted:

It's probably been nerfed. It's either a 10% base, with the talent making it 15% total.

Or it's 5% base with the talent making it 10.

It might be sub -5% going to 5%. I'm actually inclined to think that's what it might be considering the damage I'm taking now seems identical to pre-patch.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

In Overwatch my big pet peeve was people panicking and running into closets for no reason to be murdered. In this game its panicking and running into a wide open street for no reason to get murdered by slave rats.

in world of warcraft it was "oh, the dragon just spat fire on the floor over there, i should go stand in it"

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Willie Tomg posted:

When you reach Condition Black, your heart is beating faster than 175 BPM. At this level of arousal, a fighter — even a well-trained one — experiences catastrophic breakdown of mental and physical performance.

In addition to tunnel vision, auditory exclusion, and deterioration of complex motor skills, other symptoms are present in Condition Black.

Most fighters will experience bladder and bowel voiding — in other words, they poop and pee their pants. In high-stress, life-or-death situations, sphincter and bladder control just aren’t a priority for your body. Moreover, it wants to get rid of as much waste as it can so you’re in a better position to fight or run. At this point, the decisions your physical body makes are overriding any cognitive ones

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

When you reach Condition Black, your heart is beating faster than 175 BPM. At this level of arousal, a fighter — even a well-trained one — experiences catastrophic breakdown of mental and physical performance.

In addition to tunnel vision, auditory exclusion, and deterioration of complex motor skills, other symptoms are present in Condition Black.

Most fighters will experience bladder and bowel voiding — in other words, they poop and pee their pants. In high-stress, life-or-death situations, sphincter and bladder control just aren’t a priority for your body. Moreover, it wants to get rid of as much waste as it can so you’re in a better position to fight or run. At this point, the decisions your physical body makes are overriding any cognitive ones

Thank god, I thought I was the only one who voided their bowels while playing video games.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I’m gonna need you to source that quote because I know all I need is a little chat about voiding my bowels to ensure a good time

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What would you guys say is Kruber's second best weapon behind the halberd? I didn't much care for how slow his shield weapons are.

For me, easily the 2h hammer. As footknight Kruber with 2h hammer + handgun, I consistently have the highest specials killed. This is because you're decent at popping specials that show up with the handgun, and REALLY REALLY GREAT at popping chaos knights, monks, stormvermin etc with the hammer. Just spam light attacks and their little stupid heads explode. Whenever I see a chaos knight I just go all LET ME AT IM and light attack stun lock his rear end and he dies seconds later, it's comical.

Having said that, it has one glaring weakness, which is hordes. While it's excellent at clearing them when you've got a good cadence going with strong attack swipes, if you end up being surrounded it's a shitshow. You get interrupted when trying to swipe, and light attacks only donk one or two vermin near you, so it can very quickly get overwhelmed. You have to rely on block pushing and follow up swipes and hope you can get your back to a wall. Other than that though it's my favorite by a country mile.

EDIT: A lot of it comes from the fun factor, too. When you have a powered up strong attack and whomp a pinkie and send him to the bleachers, it's a lol

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Willie Tomg posted:

If you stay behind the ironbreaker ccing the horde you might not get the most kills, so you'd better run out in front into the open

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Awww the fixed the blue to orange upgrade costing 20

I got a good 6 or so cheap upgrades out of that.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Willie Tomg posted:

Cognitive dissonance between actually surviving and helping your team vs. doing the most DPS possible.

I still maintain that WoW damage meters gave everyone brain spiders for the last decade of multiplayer games that show stats.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Finished leveling up all my classes to 25 and got item drop level up to 300 in the process. I really don't wanna play on veteran anymore.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Finished leveling up all my classes to 25 and got item drop level up to 300 in the process. I really don't wanna play on veteran anymore.

lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

lmao you could have done champion after the first one basically.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

uh yall if he got item level drop up to level 300 he's been playing champ

you can't get over 200 on vet

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Unless they saved that many commendation box.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
it's real easy to get to 300 with level up boxes alone yea

assuming you play more then one mug

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Uh really because I cracked open 74 commendation boxes when I hit gear score 200 and it got me to 252

Now I ain’t been leveling an elf or nothin but I’m pretty sure those extra 20 or so weren’t getting me to 300

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

yeah really

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I love that he's sticking a stormvermin through the spokes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Coolguye posted:

Uh really because I cracked open 74 commendation boxes when I hit gear score 200 and it got me to 252

Now I ain’t been leveling an elf or nothin but I’m pretty sure those extra 20 or so weren’t getting me to 300

I think they do some weird thing to slow you down if you open them all at once. Maybe to counter the reddit posts to just save all your boxes, it definitely didn't feel like huge gains mass opening them. I was opening them like 10 at a time up till they were all around lvl 20 and got good increases.

fadam posted:

lmao you could have done champion after the first one basically.

During the beta there was like always a veteran game going while there weren't many champ games.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 16, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cowcaster posted:

the dagger is the way to go for me. the first charged strike is an aoe knockback you can fire off -> block -> fire off again to lock down crowds, and the second charged strike's stab actually does a pretty impressive chunk of damage against heads, and both come out a lot faster than the flaming sword's equivalent crowd control swings or getting to the third strike of the arming sword's combo for headshotting an armored dude.

i think some people in this thread swear by the mace but i absolutely loathe how the starter to both combos is an overhead, not having any sort of get out of my personal space attack available as a first swing is a deal breaker to me

So I just got an decent dagger (for my low level) and I like it. But I'm not sure I understand what you mean first chargestrike to do an aoe knockback? Isn't there only hold Mouse1 which is the charged stab?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

So I just got an decent dagger (for my low level) and I like it. But I'm not sure I understand what you mean first chargestrike to do an aoe knockback? Isn't there only hold Mouse1 which is the charged stab?

the first swing in the two hit combo is an upward diagonal swing that makes a spark. that spark is more impressive than it looks and will knock back a swath of ratties

unless i'm getting my combo order mixed up and the stab is first, and then the spark.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i think u are talking out ur rear end frend!!!

Tenzarin posted:

I think they do some weird thing to slow you down if you open them all at once. Maybe to counter the reddit posts to just save all your boxes, it definitely didn't feel like huge gains mass opening them. I was opening them like 10 at a time up till they were all around lvl 20 and got good increases.
u were!!!

also less shitposty, i guess that would make sense in a colossally silly way. I am not sure why 'save your commendation boxes' would be something you'd want to nerf of all freaking things but that would certainly be the way to do it.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Guys, I broke the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i see. that's really more of an elf number.