Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

marshmallow creep posted:

I will take drugs...from anyone about to use them.

gently caress you, Jesus, get your own drugs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

You posted:

used as a picture of an ideal society from a time now lost to us
MSGA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If heroin made you that jacked, hell yeah

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/974724256516005889

You
Oct 6, 2009

This, but even more blatantly racist.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

the constitutional amendment that "ended" slavery contained an "except for prisoners" clause 🤔

this is correct

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Groda posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Sweden is super draconian about weed.

Cops will go into a trance concert and round up a bunch of random people, drug test them, and prosecute the ones who piss hot for misdemeanor possession of narcotics.

Possession of weed is super super not fine, and, furthermore, most Swedes support this level of criminalization.

Whoops, guess I was misinformed by my friends :v: although it sounds like the charge is just a fine instead of instead of a fine and jail time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

no hes right. sweden is super hardcore. they actually have the death penalty for possession, but not for distribution.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

In Sweden, drug users are put to death through mandatory overdose.

E: spoilering this for sensitive viewers, here's an image of an execution in progress.

Woebin has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Mar 16, 2018

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Woebin posted:

FTFY

NMS here's an image of an execution in progress.NWS

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Woebin posted:

E: spoilering this for sensitive viewers, here's an image of an execution in progress.

Bro. I give myself unto death.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

lol remember when the BBC was respected worldwide and at least pretended to be impartial ever

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/fart/status/974768559317401601

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Woebin posted:

You joke, but...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You
Oct 6, 2009

It's a strange system, but it works.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Must be from one of those countries that can't distinguish L and R sounds

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Groda posted:

You joke, but...

Didn't Portugal pass some really insane law about drugs a few years back? Something about decriminalizing drug use and instead legally defining drug use as a disease?

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
0.1% seems pretty drat low all the same. Thats equivalent to the number of deaths caused by say... really really good sex. Probably.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

dee eight posted:

Didn't Portugal pass some really insane law about drugs a few years back? Something about decriminalizing drug use and instead legally defining drug use as a disease?

It's a very interesting google search, they've done a total about-face on drug treatment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

dee eight posted:

I wouldn't describe it as "really insane" but yeah they decrimilaised all drugs in like... 2007? And it's been really successful by a lot of metrics.

e: 2001, even further back than I thought

zerozerozero
Sep 7, 2017

Groda posted:

You joke, but...

The country where drug use is legal has lowest drug-related deaths? Awesome.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I looked up the US number of drug-related deaths per million people to compare. 185.

I hate this stupid country. :(

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bike tory posted:

I wouldn't describe it as "really insane" but yeah they decrimilaised all drugs in like... 2007? And it's been really successful by a lot of metrics.

e: 2001, even further back than I thought

its the only sensible solution

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Seems like the problem with the War on Drugs is the drugs fight back

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

il_cornuto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amQZGVs23-A&t=124s

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Groda posted:

You joke, but...

I wonder how that would look if you filtered out prescription drug induced suicides.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I looked up the US number of drug-related deaths per million people to compare. 185.

I hate this stupid country. :(

so that's what, 30 times the deaths per capita compared to the country that just said "gently caress it" and legalized all drugs? Sounds like another war America lost.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Thanks for reminding me its about that time for the yearly The Wire binge.

\/ Having random testing in any public location would have Americans on both sides of the aisle so united against it, it'd be like 1776 again.

pro starcraft loser has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Mar 17, 2018

Balder
Apr 3, 2011

Xun posted:

Whoops, guess I was misinformed by my friends :v: although it sounds like the charge is just a fine instead of instead of a fine and jail time.

If anybody cares possession of pot is criminalized in Sweden. That being said any possesion under 50 grams is considered to be for recreational use. (If you are not caught selling it red handed, then you can still be charged for dealing). While imprisonment or youth detention is technically on the books for recreational possession it is not used. It is never used for first time offenders and the standard punishment for possession of a smaller amount of cannabis is 30 "days" worths of fines. By Swedish law most fines for criminal acts are calculated based upon your monthly income after taxes with a minimum of 3000 SEK (roughly 365 USD) for cannabis drug possession regardless of income.The upper limit is ten times that so it can get quite pricy if you have a high wage.

Regarding actual enforcements all I know is that cannabis use hasn't been a priority for law enforcement since all regional police forces were absorbed into a central national police force in 2015. I don't work with criminal proceedings but most cases of possession I hear of are incidental in the sense that somebody happens to be carrying pot on them when arrested for other crimes.

There have been some, in my opinion, legally dubious cases of large scale testing at raves but that is very rare and I do not believe it is targeted at cannabis use. In my personal, anecdotal, experience I have been at several forest/old railway tunnel raves where police have showed up to check on things but I have never seen somebody arrested, even people who have quite clearly been stoned or otherwise high. Hell I called the cops to tell them a man was doing hard drugs( GHB or gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid) in a candy store once. He was spilling the drug over pieces of candy which is the reason I called them and they asked me if he was bothering anyone.

Balder has a new favorite as of 13:38 on Mar 17, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that post is very readable

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Done in complete earnest, I promise you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

These remind me of the incel guy who photoshopped his face into a horrible Chadbomination. Does anyone have that pic?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ariong posted:

These remind me of the incel guy who photoshopped his face into a horrible Chadbomination. Does anyone have that pic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

You posted:

It's a strange system, but it works.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

il_cornuto posted:

And it seems you gotta fight back by using them

Go Portugal?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Krankenstyle posted:

that post is very readable

It... Is? I didn't have a problem reading it, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It... Is? I didn't have a problem reading it, anyway.

whatever word means "i want to read that fat & delicious loaf of text", that's what that post isn't