Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Madcosby posted:

Rapier power attack is a lunge, when you hold right click down and push f before releasing right click it does a dash+lunge, so it looks sharp

F key is the career ability key by default. Have you rebound it to something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think he means F for forward, took me a bit to realize.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
He's talking about activating the Zealot ability (which is a charge) while holding LMB while using a rapier (which will make you stab when you release it). If you do these together it looks like you're doing a fleche.

As a bonus quirk, for some reason the rapier is the only weapon that gains damage the longer you hold the charge in addition to being the only weapon that has the side-arm pistol. I'm not sure why its so weird.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 19, 2018

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Oh, ok. I get it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Using rapier on zealot feels kinda lore unfriendly and also means you're not using the flail, which is Saltzpyre's most fun weapon.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Salty goons, bonus headshot damage or 15% while team has a grim for the level 10 talent for whc?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
at some point is all gear you have drop locked at 300 or is it 290-300 forever

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

He's talking about activating the Zealot ability (which is a charge) while holding LMB while using a rapier (which will make you stab when you release it). If you do these together it looks like you're doing a fleche.

As a bonus quirk, for some reason the rapier is the only weapon that gains damage the longer you hold the charge in addition to being the only weapon that has the side-arm pistol. I'm not sure why its so weird.

Pickaxe also gains damage for a longer charge, it's just irredeemable garbage so you dont see it much

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
The double overhead bash on the light attack combo for the flail is really good fun, they come out super fast and heads just explode like watermelons. The downside is the long wind up to the heavy attack and how exposed the single target overhead bashes make you in a horde situation. I agree it's the most fun weapon for Salty.

I love Bardin's war pick but drat it feels like the slowest weapon on any character, and doesn't even do good damage on normal swings. The charged war pick attack is one of the most satisfying attacks in the game, so it's a shame the weapon sucks. I still use it so I can role play Bardin as a miner though.

The conflag staff is another really fun weapon to use, but the AOE does about as much damage as a toaster on medium heat, so it's a shame. Still viable however as the knockback is really good, you can spam it to stunlock hordes, and the left click attack actually does decent damage.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

Please Fatshark, put some effort into your tooltips and descriptions. I love your game but this is so stupid

I have an ult as WHC, it gives crit to my team. Is it 2%? 30%? I have no goddamn idea. You shouldn't have to google this poo poo and rely on spreadsheets made by some guy on reddit to figure out this basic stuff.

I was going to ask if there was some way to view your crit chance, I assume there is but I haven't found it yet

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

why does my SIR KRUBER! charge sometimes knock down spinemanglr and sometimes does fuckall

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Digirat posted:

why does my SIR KRUBER! charge sometimes knock down spinemanglr and sometimes does fuckall

Was wondering that too, at least Ribspreader reliably goes down like a chump

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Beam Staff Sienna is so much fun I'm almost ashamed I only started using her a week after launch.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

My god, the director is loving CRUEL sometimes. Played a few games today and one of them wiped because the FIRST loving spawns on Empire in Flames (right after the first drop) was three Chaos Warriors, then a leech, a blightstormer, and an assassin at the carts... then a stormvermin patrol with the two Chaos Warriors at the gate... which ALSO happened to coincide with not one but TWO loving hordes.

Like, jesus gently caress, I get it, it's Champion and whatnot but HOLY gently caress.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Gonkish posted:

My god, the director is loving CRUEL sometimes. Played a few games today and one of them wiped because the FIRST loving spawns on Empire in Flames (right after the first drop) was three Chaos Warriors, then a leech, a blightstormer, and an assassin at the carts... then a stormvermin patrol with the two Chaos Warriors at the gate... which ALSO happened to coincide with not one but TWO loving hordes.

Like, jesus gently caress, I get it, it's Champion and whatnot but HOLY gently caress.

e: to be clear this is concurring that the director can just go get hosed sometimes. this was supposed to be a low stress run of fort brach on veteran with a Vanguard deed on - and only a Vanguard deed on.

instead we romped through most of the level to have rats literally piled on top of each other shoulder to shoulder and 10 deep in the final rush, zero breaks

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 19, 2018

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Gonkish posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure the developers will drop a few more nerfs before they finally fix something.

Like the Leech's insta-pimp slap.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You can pretty much take whatever difficulty you're playing at and add an uncertainty factor of +/- 2 based on however much the game happens to want you to win or get impossibly hosed that day

in vermintide 1 I thought it was ridiculous to get a horde and specials at the same time as a patrol coming through, and I can count the number of times things like that happened after 480 hours on one hand. now?

ha

ha ha ha

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I was going to ask if there was some way to view your crit chance, I assume there is but I haven't found it yet

there is not, which is comical

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure Fort Brach is bugged with deeds: I've been in one game and know of another one with a goon where the cannon section ended up with a literal endless flow of rats, only stopping when you finally take down the final catapult and go for the finish.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Played like 8 Halescourge maps today and lost every single one, on Vet, usually around the falling buildings that loves to throw us Ogre/Troll spawns+hordes and everyone gets wiped. I've resigned I may never beat that map

Rabelais D posted:

The conflag staff is another really fun weapon to use, but the AOE does about as much damage as a toaster on medium heat, so it's a shame. Still viable however as the knockback is really good, you can spam it to stunlock hordes, and the left click attack actually does decent damage.
Yeah this game loves to throw Legendary Conflags at me like its candy and can't get a decent Bolt (or even Beam) ones, I think I'm up to about 5 of them and no other Legendary Staffs. I really like in theory, but alt fire is pretty loving terrible and eats up way too much Overcharge for almost tickling damage, and if I'm going to be left-clicking mostly instead I might as well just be Bolting it.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 19, 2018

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Xaris posted:

Played like 8 Halescourge maps today and lost every single one, on Vet, usually around the falling buildings that loves to throw us Ogre/Troll spawns+hordes and everyone gets wiped. I've resigned I may never beat that map

Oh you are just gonna love the Skittergate map on Veteran unless they've finally fixed its bugged mechanics.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm pretty sure Fort Brach is bugged with deeds: I've been in one game and know of another one with a goon where the cannon section ended up with a literal endless flow of rats, only stopping when you finally take down the final catapult and go for the finish.

yup this was our exact experience. a babby veteran run intended to drum up some easy scrap turned into an absolute marathon of murder from which there was no escape until we somehow finally got the loving cannonball into the cannon. I was combat venting under immediate attack from a dozen rats and desperately shotgunning them as my bar turned orange instead of red and just not getting anywhere. there were so many targets that the best I could do was stalemate with the beam staff’s alt fire.

it was completely insane and honestly I want fatshark to fix that bug like, last.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I was Merc Kruber with a halberd in that game, and it was the most fun I've had in this game so far. If I had the health on kill talent on instead of health on crit, I would've been immortal due to me topping the kills stat easily.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I've started to feel bad about just how effective Sienna's is, the skull in particular. Throw it vaguely towards a special and it dies immediately. During a horde I managed to get 5 special kill pop ups in about a second from a single skull. It looked impressive considering I pressed one button but I'm starting to understand the "Sienna does everything" chat. I'm doing my best to let my friends play though! Maybe when we move up to champ I will have to be more careful and things will get tougher.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Every pub game I've played recently has involved a Waystalker and a Pyromancer just blowing everything up. I was just in a veteran game with a 29 elf and 30 pyro, and it was boring as sin. I felt bad for the 18 slayer that joined in midgame too. I'll be glad to see them nerfed eventually.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Digirat posted:

I'm not certain about the specific stages he's vulnerable, but basically when he's in attack mode and running around that's when you can knock him down. If he's doing his sweep charge or yelling for more rats then he's invulnerable to the charge, I believe.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
A lot of the best Ratfight 1 voice acting lines seem not to have made it into the sequel. If anyone wants to make a guaranteed hit of a mod, you know what to do

EVERY DEAD RAT MAN STRENGTHENS MY FAITH IN YOU, ELF

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Digirat posted:

You can pretty much take whatever difficulty you're playing at and add an uncertainty factor of +/- 2 based on however much the game happens to want you to win or get impossibly hosed that day
Am I weird if I'm kind of OK with this, especially considering how much more powerful the players are in the sequel with talents, abilities and the rest? The fun thing about Ratfight is the crazy situations and the war stories, not the loot treadmill. The occasional unpredictable difficulty curveball and hilariously failed run kinda emphasises that aspect of things and keeps the tension up even when when you're rocking full purpz oranges and your power level is over 599

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 19, 2018

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

Every pub game I've played recently has involved a Waystalker and a Pyromancer just blowing everything up. I was just in a veteran game with a 29 elf and 30 pyro, and it was boring as sin. I felt bad for the 18 slayer that joined in midgame too. I'll be glad to see them nerfed eventually.

Slayer definitely needs some tweaks, he's way too glass cannon, but then again I can't say I've seen GOOD players with him. Honestly, some extra stamina shields would do wonders for him, those dual axes are pathetic with block, considering he and this game like to go hit, block, hit, block, shove, block, hit. Huntsman Kruber also needs some changes now that his active ability has been nerfed; I've seen maybe one pubbie playing him in the week since launch because Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre is better. That being said please don't nerf Sienna, Burning Head is hilarious when it works, deadly frustrating when it doesn't.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Zephro posted:

A lot of the best Ratfight 1 voice acting lines seem not to have made it into the sequel. If anyone wants to make a guaranteed hit of a mod, you know what to do

EVERY DEAD RAT MAN STRENGTHENS MY FAITH IN YOU, ELF

Sigmar, ravage this blessed body!

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

chesnok posted:

My friends and I made a joke once about how the scrolls on Zealot Saltzpyre were his Sigmar fanfic; that would fit perfectly.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Slayer definitely needs some tweaks, he's way too glass cannon, but then again I can't say I've seen GOOD players with him. Honestly, some extra stamina shields would do wonders for him, those dual axes are pathetic with block, considering he and this game like to go hit, block, hit, block, shove, block, hit. Huntsman Kruber also needs some changes now that his active ability has been nerfed; I've seen maybe one pubbie playing him in the week since launch because Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre is better. That being said please don't nerf Sienna, Burning Head is hilarious when it works, deadly frustrating when it doesn't.

I feel like slayer is super reliant on good equipment more than the ironbreaker. Im gonna hold back on judging him until I get equipment over 200 power. So far he's great on veteran but weak on champ. I think it might just be down to my gear sucking.

I also prefer using 2 handed hammer with slayer as a main weapon. It's just better in 90% of situations, and I save axes for bosses.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 19, 2018

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

I feel like slayer is super reliant on good equipment more than the ironbreaker. Im gonna hold back on judging him until I get equipment over 200 power. So far he's great on veteran but weak on champ. I think it might just be down to my gear sucking.

I also prefer using 2 handed hammer with slayer as a main weapon. It's just better in 90% of situations, and I save axes for bosses.

I’ve found him great fun on champ, but I only use the two handed hammer on hordes. The dual axes power attack one shotting everything outside of chaos warriors, which take two to three, is too addictive.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yes, slayer is horrible :rolleyes:

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

chesnok posted:

*Bardin falls over"

So, you CAN get closer to the ground, dwarf!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Phlegmish posted:

Base is 5%, dual wielding is a silent +10%.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

even though i enjoy green circles, my initial interest in a very well set up heat sink beam staff pyro has plummeted in favor of a beautiful spear and longbow elf princess

waystalker can easily claim all the green circles, is roughly ten thousand percent more fun to play and in my most humble opinion the most elf-like elf to ever elf

instead of staring at a laser i'm dancing around the battlefield, frantically gutting and decapitating vermin or picking them at range with a very satisfying thunk. the longbow even hits hard enough to one shot storm vermin with a well placed alt fire head shot

multiple sources of regen keeps my health up and i effectively have unlimited ammo

gear and talent wise i am running:

scrounger longbow
resourceful combatant spear
natural bond amulet
proxy charm
explosive ordnance trinket

morai-heg/daughter/vaul/khaine/asrai

PROOF OF CONCEPT

i'm still not sure how i'm doing so much damage

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

rap music posted:

multiple sources of regen keeps my health up and i effectively have unlimited ammo

i'm still not sure how i'm doing so much damage
Ranged weapons were designed around being ammo-limited in return for being very powerful. Instead, the ranged classes that everyone are complaining about have ways to access unlimited ammo, so enjoy. Also you give up absolutely nothing in terms of your melee damage capability to do this for some reason.

But congratulations, you're pretty much the player that a lot of people were posting about hating to play with. I'm glad you had fun though.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 19, 2018

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

Ranged weapons were designed around being ammo-limited in return for being very powerful. Instead, the ranged classes that everyone is complaining about have ways to access unlimited ammo, so enjoy. Also you give up absolutely nothing in terms of your melee damage capability to do this for some reason.

But congratulations, you're pretty much the player that a lot of people were posting about hating to play with. I'm glad you had fun though.

i've been playin instead of postin so I didn't know i'm hated but i guess that's par for the course as an elegant and graceful elf princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I would still rather play with Elf Waifu who murders everything down range than an Ironbreaker who can't stop holding down LMB with drakefire pistols and melts the team's health for an entire run