Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Speaking of Drakefire, the flamethrower seems kind of...underpowered? Fire damage over time seems kind of weak, even against hordes of slave rats.

DoT makes little sense in a game where 99% of the monsters die instantly to direct damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Kruber is trolling Saltzpyre.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

quote:

Halescourge glitch discovered
If you can push him off a ledge, then he bugs out and will not do anything.
Using actives like WHC, BH, Kruber Yell, bombs
Unchained explosion
He bugs out if he falls off a ledge and stops fighting.
And all the enemies stop spawning.
I've been working with Lupo

I posted in discord, lazy quoting.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

AndyElusive posted:

Speaking of Drakefire, the flamethrower seems kind of...underpowered? Fire damage over time seems kind of weak, even against hordes of slave rats.

It's really great against hordes, but that's it. Considering there's at least a dozen different weapons which are of similar effectiveness in that situation, it's just not good enough.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Proposed: that internet meme word "kramer," meaning "to arrive suddenly and demand attention," be renamed "kruber," at least within this thread.

Usage: "You can't just kruber into this thread and expect us to recap the last ten pages of discussion." "These rush attacks are bullshit because I can't be expected to deal with a Marauder krubering in from a mile away while a horde is active." And so forth.

Related: does Kruber's Knight dash draw aggro?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

Related: does Kruber's Knight dash draw aggro?

Well, if your proximity doesn't trigger an attack, the knockdown effect could do it like a push does. Yeah, this makes the free blocks for 10 seconds after a charge talent extremely good.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Grondoth posted:

Yeah, the Chaos Spawn in particular wants you to be able to dodge a certain attack, because not only do you get hurt you heal the boss if it hits. But good luck if it's got a bunch of big axe guys and green tornadoes around!

well that and the fact that the counterplay to that scenario is limited and reliant on having a couple of specific classes have their active up or access to a specific single-use consumable item

I suspect it's also likely an issue for new players because it punishes them wayyyyy harder than other bosses if they don't somehow divine that they need to specifically dodge an attack that is not particularly telegraphed and if everybody has low hero power it's hard to outdamage the rate at which the spawn will steal life from newbs - I'm aware that at some point people need to get good and learn to dodge but it's definitely pretty rough on level 1 non-vet players if a spawn busts out from the barn on against the grain in a way that isn't necessarily true of the other bosses

the other bosses can go sideways with bad simultaneous specials of course, but they all pretty universally feel fairer than the spawn does

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 19, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

they nailed the effects on the SIR KRUBER! charge

you feel like a goddamn battering ram, a human concussion grenade

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

if anyone has been playing mercenary kruber because you tried out sir kruber and didn't like it, I recommend you go back and try sir kruber again

SAH KRUBAH

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WE'RE THE UBERSREIK FIVE! ER..FOUR! ...IT DOESN'T MATTAH!

Magitek posted:

It's really great against hordes, but that's it. Considering there's at least a dozen different weapons which are of similar effectiveness in that situation, it's just not good enough.

rap music posted:

DoT makes little sense in a game where 99% of the monsters die instantly to direct damage

Ya, it should send slave rats and dudes into a fleeing frenzy when they get lit up by it. As it is, it just sort of toasts them a little bit.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

AndyElusive posted:

One weird thing we discovered is that the flamethrower basically kills up close, where the "stream" effect is, but in the more voluminous cloud it'll just set things on fire. But this also pushes them back and usually staggers them. In a way you can have a ghetto rear end bash for a corridor if you're not running a shield and it might push back twats like serkers or monks, but said friend enjoys grudgeraker the most so I dunno.

You can probably do lots of gimmicky stuff with it, but then you could just be rolling with a doom shotgun

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

AndyElusive posted:

WE'RE THE UBERSREIK FIVE! ER..FOUR! ...IT DOESN'T MATTAH!

C'MOOOON, KILL FOR OLE KRUBER! :black101:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i have just had the surreal experience of warcamp

16 chaos warriors

four in quick succession right after the first entry drop, six (which wiped us) in the swamp town thing by the grim

what in the literal gently caress

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Slayer's axes go through Chaos Warriors like they were made of paper.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Night10194 posted:

Sir Kruber's halberd too

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

rap music posted:

personally i will be asking for consent from the rest of the party before killing ANY mobs going forward

i encourage any other elves to be respectful and do the same

I'll play with you and put up my shield so the big mean rats who manage to make it through your hail of arrows can't stab you in your lil elf booty

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

poe meater posted:

What gun do people use for the bounty hunter? I'm not sure how to use bounty hunter and feel like the tagging was maybe better? I dunno I'm only lvl 9.

Brace is good but doesn't really synergize with blessed shots all that well. It's fun for hoard thinning but the low ammo count can make that a little painful.

Repeater is an excellent specials eraser with the alt fire. Primary fire is meh to okay.

Volley xbow is another great specials eraser and kind of the FOTM on BH. The primary fire still being a highly accurate bolt doesn't hurt either. You sort of need to be level 15 to take full advantage of this.

Regular xbow is also very good and I actually prefer it when I play more of a backup/support role since I can kill blightstormers with it from further down the field. It does not hurt bosses the way the Repeater or the Volley does tho.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

UberJew posted:

Sir Kruber's halberd too

The first and third hits, yeah.

I am convinced that little jab he does on the second hit exists solely so the halberd won't be overpowered.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I'm not even stuck in veteran and I'll be the first to say that an entire page of replies with nothing but "gently caress off" would not be enough shaming for the turbo-nerds who difficulty-shame others

You've taken an unfortunate turn, VT2 thread

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Backhand posted:

The first and third hits, yeah.

I am convinced that little jab he does on the second hit exists solely so the halberd won't be overpowered.

I think it’s a mistake. “Single target” and “charge attack” are like the two things they consistently put armor piercing on, as well they should, so the halberd’s first single target charge attack not piercing armor when the second single target charge attack does just seems like an oversight

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I still like using 2H Hammers on Chaos Warriors even as a Slayer. Just feels satisfying when you smash their noggin in. :black101:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Bardin's two handed hammer can bonk them down fairly fast, too, just with normal attacks. (Which honestly makes me question slayer axe's niche in general, but)

Three downsmashing you at once from all angles tho

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So anyone have some tips on what to use to play and build out an effective Unchained? I'm still a noob vet so probably anything will do for the forseeabl, but trying something different than my dagger/bolt staff pyro felt significantly worse. What weapons and talents work best for Unchained?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I also have a question about Kerillian. Playing her for the first time (I got Kruber to 30), what is the best weapon combination for a low-level Handmaiden? Is Longbow good for ranged?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You will never, ever hate the Longbow, it is useful in every single situation.

Spears and glaives rule.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Spear/Longbow is my go to combo for all my Elfing needs.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cool, I only have a sword template so far, but I will use the spear as soon as I find or craft one.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Cinara posted:

Spear/Longbow is my go to combo for all my Elfing needs.

Same. But I'm higher level now, I used swiftbow earlier because I had less ammo issues with it. If you use swiftbow, use the glaive for AP. If you use the longbow (which has AP) use the pike for range and cc.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

How often do people pause to upgrade their items and reroll traits? I'm in the slow slog towards iLevel 300 and I find I don't want to reroll all my poo poo every time my highest item found jumps 10 hero power or whatever; it seems like waiting for 50 HP increments is the smartest thing to do, or do people just use what they find? Or what?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I still like using 2H Hammers on Chaos Warriors even as a Slayer. Just feels satisfying when you smash their noggin in. :black101:

The 2H Hammer is the way to go if you're up against a single dangerous target like a Berserker. The first attack will stagger him, leaving him easy pickings for a follow-up deathblow. If you try to use the dual axes, there's a good chance he'll keep swinging through your initial attack and you'll have to trade hits before he falls. Those things are blenders, so definitely not ideal.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I also have a question about Kerillian. Playing her for the first time (I got Kruber to 30), what is the best weapon combination for a low-level Handmaiden? Is Longbow good for ranged?

The twin daggers are only useful for the Shade, as it's attack speed out the wazoo. Otherwise, the spear, glaive and sword/dagger are all solid weapons. The longbow is your tried and true weapon; the swiftbow is basically an SMG, but doesn't do much against armor, while the hagsbane unleashes a (somewhat short range) cloud of poison. Both are quite gimmicky.

Elf as a whole isn't much like Kruber at all, as a fair warning. Her thing is being a fast, somewhat squishy blender. Also of note, you switch weapons practically without delay as an elf, so bow liberally.

Mendrian posted:

How often do people pause to upgrade their items and reroll traits? I'm in the slow slog towards iLevel 300 and I find I don't want to reroll all my poo poo every time my highest item found jumps 10 hero power or whatever; it seems like waiting for 50 HP increments is the smartest thing to do, or do people just use what they find? Or what?

If you find something you like and you aren't jumping difficulty there's no real reason to upgrade if you don't want to. All it'll do is more damage, but if you're already doing enough to hit invisible breakpoints/it feels right then that will just mean a pixel more for the boss and what the gently caress ever.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hell, the single-sword for elf is surprisingly effective, too.

Blunt Instrument
Apr 4, 2008

How can you shoot
(hot dogs at) women or children?

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Hahaha! Ain't ball hell?!

AndyElusive posted:

Playing as Iron Bardin with double drakefire pistols is rad as gently caress and has so far been my favorite ranged weapon. You're like a tiny Sienna. It also frees up pretty much all the ammo drops for Satlz, Kruger and Kerillian.

What are you even talking about, it absolutely incinerates everything

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Anyone know if there is an internal cooldown on stuff like sharpshooter, combatant, scrounger, etc? Would love a resource that laid poo poo like this out instead of just guessing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rap music posted:

Anyone know if there is an internal cooldown on stuff like sharpshooter, combatant, scrounger, etc? Would love a resource that laid poo poo like this out instead of just guessing.

there is no internal cooldown on any of this stuff at this time.

this does mean that if you happen to fire a crit shotgun blast at a horde you will get literally all of your ammo back if you have scrounger

it also means that there's basically no excuse for a BH saltzpyre to ever run out of ammo if he's using the volley bow or repeater pistol

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

rap music posted:

I dont believe so. Scrounger can proc multiple times in a single shot (or shove with the shotguns) if your crit hits multiple targets.

e: :argh:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
That also reminds me. Does Attack Speed effect how fast you can charge an melee attack or is it just spamming light attacks? Similarly, does it effect like attack speed of Bolt Staff spam and alt-fire staff charging (I think that's cast speed so it should be different? idk)

not that i can really tell the difference in like my +4% attack speed trinket to begin with probably.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Magitek posted:

The 2H Hammer is the way to go if you're up against a single dangerous target like a Berserker. The first attack will stagger him, leaving him easy pickings for a follow-up deathblow. If you try to use the dual axes, there's a good chance he'll keep swinging through your initial attack and you'll have to trade hits before he falls. Those things are blenders, so definitely not ideal.

I tend to sidestep Berserkers and axe 'em up as usual. No issue for me. Dodges are my thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Xaris posted:

That also reminds me. Does Attack Speed effect how fast you can charge an melee attack or is it just spamming light attacks? Similarly, does it effect like attack speed of Bolt Staff spam and alt-fire staff charging (I think that's cast speed so it should be different? idk)

not that i can really tell the difference in like my +4% attack speed trinket to begin with probably.

it affects how quickly an aggressive animation completes, same as +reload speed. charging isn't affected as such. but if you can stack +10% speed (from, for example, a jewelry piece and a weapon) you will definitely start to notice a difference.

i think cast speed and attack speed got unified in VT2 but i could be wrong on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm getting so many cool Flame Swords, but it's kinda rear end. What to do?