Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
yeah I dunno why they wouldn't port over one of the coolest parts of l4d

Wanna catch-catch-catch the manthings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
because player controlled blight stormers would be impossible to fight

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Boy I’m itching for a game in this genre with the L4D versus mode. I think playing so much of that way back when has helped me a lot in this, because of my rampant paranoia looking for specials.

Mostly I want to punt some players off of cliffs.

L4D vs was cool but imo incredibly stressful and annoying to play as zombies. Except a few cheese pouncer spots. I generally stuck to humans (also felt stronger)

I’d think it’d be similar except well yeah player controlled blightstormer lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I feel like if there were any ideal for a brief interlude of player-controlled dickery it would be Gutter Runner.

E: Or dragging someone out of cover to their doom as a Pack Rat.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Just throw in a few restrictions like forcing them to maintain line of sight with the storm. Or just leave blightstormers controller by the computer.

Xaris posted:

L4D vs was cool but imo incredibly stressful and annoying to play as zombies. Except a few cheese pouncer spots. I generally stuck to humans (also felt stronger)

But zombies was the best bit for me! Taking advantage of chaos and mistakes, coordinating to disable as many survivors as possible and punching cars at people.

Actually really enjoyed all the modes, the coop on hardest difficulty, the surviving waves mode and whatever the “collect all the gas cans” mode was called. Not sure how versus would work in this game with item progression. Harder to balance around I’d imagine.

L4D3 when

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 21, 2018

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So my first mission was in some woods where in ten seconds a tank spawned and wiped us. Was that supposed to be the first mission? I feel like it's not and quick play owned us.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

RBA Starblade posted:

So my first mission was in some woods where in ten seconds a tank spawned and wiped us. Was that supposed to be the first mission? I feel like it's not and quick play owned us.

It's not common but you can have some really unlucky runs like that. It's random chance that a boss can spawn in certain specific areas.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Lol never. I’m glad we have fatshark to pickup the slack.

Turtle rock probably could have stepped in l4ds shows after valve purchase but they decided to go ~~esports~~ and predictably flopped

Valve could literally print money if they did, seems incredibly loving stupid since they don’t even need to do much to slap a 3 on it (same as when they went 1 to 2 it was virtually the same game) but lol haven

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

i did legend earlier at level 10 so yolo my friends

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
It came out 9 years ago drat.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

RBA Starblade posted:

My first mission was practically identical, and the next few after it. The way item progression is structured, you’re kinda useless in your first mission so if you don’t get matched with competent people you’re not gonna make it. Luckily you still get partial XP and the first few character levels make a big difference so you’ll get over that first little hump one way or another.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Finished getting Sienna up to try the careers out tonight

just loving lol if you think sienna is bad
I'm pretty sure i can train my dog to play her

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

i did legend earlier at level 10 so yolo my friends

the minimum hp to do legend is 420 (blaze it) so even at maximum gear score you are at 400

plz no lie in here

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

because player controlled blight stormers would be impossible to fight

I dunno I'd probably do it like, in order to 'storm' you have to basically astral project to the storm, so you zip around, find a spot and start chanting while your vision moves behind the storm and you're left separated from your helpless fat rear end.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I tried taking on Ribspreader again tonight, and amusingly enough the exact same thing happened - we died right after killing him - when I was dicking around with sword and board and a blunderbuss.

Next round, I came in with the halberd and a repeater pistol, and all four of us had bombs that we opened the fight by chain-stunning him with. I popped a strength potion, fired on full auto until I ran dry, then spammed Charge every time it was up.

I think between all that, we had the guy down to about 1/3 health before he could even start fighting back. Sweet, sweet catharsis.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Drythe posted:

Finished getting Sienna up to try the careers out tonight

just loving lol if you think sienna is bad
I'm pretty sure i can train my dog to play her

I just skimmed like multiple pages and can't find who the gently caress you're talking too.

gently caress you hypothetical people who think sienna is bad, suck my weiner

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Too Shy Guy posted:

My first mission was practically identical, and the next few after it. The way item progression is structured, you’re kinda useless in your first mission so if you don’t get matched with competent people you’re not gonna make it. Luckily you still get partial XP and the first few character levels make a big difference so you’ll get over that first little hump one way or another.

Yeah the second one went fine, especially after we knew (sort of) how to kill it, it was sort of just a what-the-gently caress moment. :v:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

lol valve doesn't make video games, friend

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

I just skimmed like multiple pages and can't find who the gently caress you're talking too.

I dunno, ive seen pubbies say shes bad and i hadn't played her yet so i couldnt weigh in
but lol

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Drythe posted:

I dunno, ive seen pubbies say shes bad and i hadn't played her yet so i couldnt weigh in
but lol

I don't remember when or why I put you on ignore, but reading a few of your posts has made me confident that I have deprived myself of nothing.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
yeah everyone who has played her in here has been stroking pyromancer off since beta with a couple unchained fans as well

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
No one says Sienna is bad. Some people say poo poo like "Battle Wizard is trash", meaning it is not as good as her two other options, Pyromancer (which does everything Battle Wizard does but better) and Unchained.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I really like unchained, 50% damage reduction is no joke and if you're smart you only occasionally microwave yourself to death.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Unchained feels a lot better now that they disabled heat generation when incapacitated.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This feels way harder than Rats 1 to me so far, or maybe it's just that I'm playing with more pubbies than usual.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

This feels way harder than Rats 1 to me so far, or maybe it's just that I'm playing with more pubbies than usual.

it is to a point

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Getting to item level 200 on veteran ... seems to have stalled at 190+. I'm at 198. I guess that items roll 188-200 in a uniform distribution, meaning I have a 1/13 chance of getting ilvl 200? Ugh. Maybe it's just time to open those commendation chests.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
What is the MLG Goku-tier weapon for the Ironbreaker? I've been using the greataxe, which is good for killing single targets, but the only way to hit lots of targets is your charge attack, and that's slow and leaves me vulnerable.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

The only thing that will really raise iLevel is opening a shitton of chests, so honestly yeah now's the time.

Node posted:

What is the MLG Goku-tier weapon for the Ironbreaker? I've been using the greataxe, which is good for killing single targets, but the only way to hit lots of targets is your charge attack, and that's slow and leaves me vulnerable.

What are you doing with melee weapons, get those drakefires out soldier!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Mendrian posted:

The only thing that will really raise iLevel is opening a shitton of chests, so honestly yeah now's the time.

What are you doing with melee weapons, get those drakefires out soldier!

I'm playing Champion now so I can't go guns blazing like I used to.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Node posted:

I'm playing Champion now so I can't go guns blazing like I used to.

I appreciate your restraint but I'll tell you that absolutely has not stopped the last fifteen Bardins I just played with.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Motherfucker posted:

it is to a point

Better start grinding lootboxes getting good I guess. :v:

I think it's mostly the big bosses like the rat ogre or bile trolls having way too loving much hp now.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

pmchem posted:

Getting to item level 200 on veteran ... seems to have stalled at 190+. I'm at 198. I guess that items roll 188-200 in a uniform distribution, meaning I have a 1/13 chance of getting ilvl 200? Ugh. Maybe it's just time to open those commendation chests.

I'm not saying it's gonna work for you but play another character. Whenever I felt like I was stalling out on a character I hopped another one for awhile and things seem to have worked out.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nothing quite as annoying as making it 3/4 of the way through a mission and getting disconnected with no option to rejoin the sesh you got disconnected from.

Welp, I didn't want to play all night anyway.

(yes I did).

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

AndyElusive posted:

Nothing quite as annoying as making it 3/4 of the way through a mission and getting disconnected with no option to rejoin the sesh you got disconnected from.

Welp, I didn't want to play all night anyway.

(yes I did).

Randomly disconnecting when you're in with a great crew just before another mission start >:(

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Node posted:

i fuckin' love the one handed hammer

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Axe+Shield is just the best for IB in my opinion.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Motherfucker posted:

During the beta there were a few posts in the old thread about it, about how she felt "weak" and we did have a few people hinting at all the things no one else realised she could do. It probably perpetuates a bit because the internet is full of people hearing something from a source and parroting it till the head death of the universe even when circumstances change.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

During the beta there were a few posts in the old thread about it, about how she felt "weak" and we did have a few people hinting at all the things no one else realised she could do. It probably perpetuates a bit because the internet is full of people hearing something from a source and parroting it till the head death of the universe even when circumstances change.

I suspect some of that on the part of the pubbies meant she didn't get played as much and thus her high tier power combos didn't show up as much in the betas/playtests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Node posted:

Axe and shield for chopping elites and bashing crowds down for either your teammates to kill or to give you space to pull out drakefire pistols or maybe a shotgun to do it yourself, but pistols don't need to reload between switching.