Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

algebra testes posted:

How do you Castle? I saw some pro league play where they castle up all but one entrance and try and funnel them in. Something like that?

Yeah. The idea is to forced them to choose either to use a bunch of their gadgets or to use other entrances.
Also additionally, it wasted their time no matter which option they choose which matters more in Ranked/Pro League because the timer is 1 minute shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

When I castle, i have a two objectives.

1. Slow them down. Now, if they select an ash, sledge, or zofia, I'm not gonna slow em down very much but if not? That's a great opportunity to burn clock. Couple Castle with mute, and now thermite, habana, and anyone with a breach charge can't bust you, not to mention Fuze can't rock your poo poo now either.

2. Kills while they deal with the barricade.
Sealed up, teamed up with Jager, mute, bandit, and Calvera, with all walls barricaded and whatnot, you're a tough nut to crack. While the op4 is trying to figure things out, cav can prey on them. When they try to put a breach charge or fuze or whatever, shoot their legs.
And god help them if I still have a nitro or something on me, and they start trying to punch the door down.

I know I've heard of higher level play where castles are used to funnel, and herd but Idk about that stuff.

tjones
May 13, 2005

algebra testes posted:

How do you Castle? I saw some pro league play where they castle up all but one entrance and try and funnel them in. Something like that?

He's great at eliminating annoying angles. Use a barricade to cut off a regularly used sight line and an impact to open up a rotation hole near the barricade that isn't as risky of a peek.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also a lot of people are absolutely dumb enough to stand in front of your barricade and let you kill them by shooting their feet.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Like wise, be mindful of any barricades when you are on defense. There are a few locations that allow for attackers to get longer angles to plink at your teams anchor's toes that makes it hard to return fire if the defending side of the barricade is cramped.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

algebra testes posted:

It depends on the map, game mode and objective in how you want to use him. In Tower, I like to castle those annoying windows, or doors that allow them quick access forcing them to waste either gadgets or time and making a ton of noise either way. If you get the south office spawn, you can hit the room to the west with an impact, castle the windows and hang out on the desk to watch people trying to approach from the reception areas. Barricade the reception desk to your left and you force them into some ugly spots too.

Other than that, just talk to your team/roamers before you set up barricades so they know they're there so it doesn't get too awkward later/they save an impact if they have to hurry.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
people complaining about castle barricades can just tear them down which refunds castle and costs them literally 2 seconds

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Thief posted:

people complaining about castle barricades can just tear them down which refunds castle and costs them literally 2 seconds

Yep

I remember the old days though, and I've killed my fair share of team members for that back then.

Might still if you pull down a crucial seal once we're hot just cause

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
More datamining has revealed a new entity type: the Auto Turret.

Possible Tchanka buff? Or something to do with Maestro? Let the speculation to drive 100 Youtube videos begin!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

The Bananana posted:

Yep

I remember the old days though, and I've killed my fair share of team members for that back then.

Might still if you pull down a crucial seal once we're hot just cause

If this guys pick Castle teamkill him instantly lest he go feral when you fix his mistakes.

Castle tip: use impact grenades to quickly remove them, with the added bonus of not recycling them for Castle to repeat his crimes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Say that to the loser twitch weakly punching on the window downstairs window on boarder with 15 seconds left!

Castle is good and strong.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
An attacker without breaches is like the Castle of the attacking team.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

More datamining has revealed a new entity type: the Auto Turret.

Possible Tchanka buff? Or something to do with Maestro? Let the speculation to drive 100 Youtube videos begin!

*thumbnail of Tachanka crossed out with a big red X and impact font to the side reading "AUTO TURRETS?!*

WHAT'S UP YOUTUBE ITS YOUR BOY X HERE AND I'VE GOT SOME SICK NEW INFO ON RAINBOW SIX SIEGE FOR YOU TODAY. WHAT'S UBISOFT DOING NOW?!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Say that to the loser twitch weakly punching on the window downstairs window on boarder with 15 seconds left!

Castle is good and strong.

Castle is strong on a couple maps but none more than bank. Sealing off vault on hostage generally fucks attackers if you kill Ash/Hibana ahead of them reaching the gold room.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Castle is strong on a couple maps but none more than bank. Sealing off vault on hostage generally fucks attackers if you kill Ash/Hibana ahead of them reaching the gold room.

Theme park, nursery room comes to mind as very strong for, with the right setup

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If you don't have every pistol kitted with a silencer & laser sight + the matte black skin you have to turn in your fake counter-terrorism unit badge.

The only pass is the french revolver.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Penpal posted:

If you don't have every pistol kitted with a silencer & laser sight + the matte black skin you have to turn in your fake counter-terrorism unit badge.

likewise if you arent playing rook using only revolver and speaking with a thick texan accent and going YEEHAW in voice every time you get a kill, you aren't playing the game correctly

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Both happy and upset that someone else had this exact idea and beat me to it

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Penpal posted:

The Feral seasonal skin from White Noise looks great on pistols, I love it.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Castle should get some kind of long-rage-slightly-stronger-boarding-up-defense, instead of having to run up to board poo poo

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
or like board up hatches

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

let him replace the front door with a remote control drawbridge

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Thief posted:

let him replace the front door with a remote control drawbridge

It'd be neat if he could hit a toggle that'd cause it to auto-retract upward when approached by a friendly

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I AM BRAWW posted:

or like board up hatches

He puts a chunk of plywood over the exposed hatch, anchors the corners with random debris he finds, takes 3 seconds. Attackers can’t figure out how to just push it to the side or lift it up. Fuse charges still work on it and sledge can still hammer it.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Or a camouflaged wall that hides the door/hole behind it. It would break like a normal barricade but the defenders would have to find it first.

E: A new defender, ACME, who puts up fake barricades on walls with explosives behind.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rectus posted:

E: A new defender, ACME, who puts up fake barricades on walls with explosives behind.

Puts barricades on doors that look like they aren't there.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

Puts barricades on doors that look like they aren't there.

Like fake barricades on walls or barricades that make doors and windows look like walls?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

Like fake barricades on walls or barricades that make doors and windows look like walls?

Barricades that make walls look like doors and barricaded doors look like open doors.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Barricades that make walls look like doors and barricaded doors look like open doors.

Can someone explain to me how the road rujnner was able to do this please?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Bananana posted:

Can someone explain to me how the road rujnner was able to do this please?

his gadget hard counters the coyote

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

actually its a passive along with roadrunner's 4 speed to make them feel more unique

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nothing like getting matched against two diamonds and 3 low golds :shepicide:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVMw1y8WMc

Thief fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 23, 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Should probably throw a :nws: on that. It's technically work safe but good luck explaining that to your boss.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

np

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nothing like getting matched against two diamonds and 3 low golds :shepicide:

You get used to it. Especially once your level gets up into the 100s and you wondering why the gently caress you gotta deal with tryhards when you just wanted to dick around on Chunkers for a few games.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Roadrunner nerf has been way too long coming, no one picks coyote anymore.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

Roadrunner nerf has been way too long coming, no one picks coyote anymore.

Well, getting a random gadget every round doesn't really work well in this meta.
That catapult tho...

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Kikas posted:

Well, getting a random gadget every round doesn't really work well in this meta.
That catapult tho...

The giant rocket was supposed to balance things, but ubisoft blew it by increasing the roadrunner strafe speed again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone last night dropped a bunch of slurs then immediately left, I assume so no one could report them.

It's a shame that there is a screenshot button.

:byewhore: