Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

really queer Christmas posted:

Sector AI, please understand that my empire has a massive food surplus. Please stop demolishing the power plants to build more farms and then request more energy

:negative:

Shadowlyger posted:

Turn off redevelopment.
Yup. Turn on respect tile resources and turn off redevelopment and you severely limit how badly your sectors can gently caress up. Then hop in every so often to huck down tricky buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Story time!

So I decided to finally have myself a good ol robot uprising game. Made a xenophobic inward perfection shitface empire driven to making sexslave bots.

I wanted to have my uprising as soon as physically possible, so I used the console to cheat in the techs early. Doing it legit takes an extremely long time because high level techs still require you to have a certain number of previous level techs. Even then, it takes another 49 years for the events to start triggering! I was finally able to trigger the uprising in year 2340something, despite my shameless cheating.

Right before the uprising, I had my shitface empire have a dedicated "foodworld" where all the empire's food is produced... and made it into a single-planet sector! When the uprising happens, the robo-homeworld is chosen randomly, with a preference for sector planets. And right before I made the switch, I gave the shitfacers chemical bliss (and tossed the usual insults and sabotaged the fleets). With their empire at 200 food, -50ish food drain, angery neighbours, poo poo fleet, and drugged-out pops, the ensueing war was an easy faceroll. Still a very difficult transition what with the HUGE resource drain you're given at the start.
-------
And now the EDITING SAVE bit. I don't like that everything about my new robo empire is chosen randomly, so I opened up the save file and dove right in to make a few changes!

Changing the flag and colors - easy. Changing the new pops appearance and traits - easy. Changing individual leaders - not easy (a single leader shows up multiple times, there's usually a scientist version and a empire leader version, and others that each need to be changed too).

Changing ship apearance - holy mother of hell tedious as all gently caress and/or impossible. To change ship appearance mid-game, you have to change each and every little ship individually, - and to do that you need to find each fleet reference, then the fleet id number for that, then there'll be a ten-digit number for every single ship in that fleet that you have to search for to find the code for that ship, and then you change the appearance for that one ship. Repeat for every ship in your empire.

I've never used ctrl+f so much and to do so little. And even after all this nonsense, when you build more ships, they're replaced with the old designs again. I was unable to figure out how to change the appearance of the ships in the ship designer menu.

Tip when editing your save; DO NOT manually change the appearance of each of your ships one by one (IT'S NOT EVEN PERMANENT). If you can find out how to change the appearance inside the ship-designer, you can in turn change the rest of your ships in-game by just upgrading them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ZypherIM posted:

Cycling tech to not unlock anything isn't bad, but I only sort of do that if I don't pull any of the great passives, those I like to finish anyways (+5% research, +5% minerals, +2 unity). Overall I don't worry too much about building a trade post or the energy station in my starting world, because you can take an energy deficit for a while with no real repercussions. Those are a nice source of +energy if I have the spare minerals though. If I'm having stronger starting unity I start exploring/expanding faster, so often I'll leave the trade hub for later when I've got the spare minerals, and sometimes leave +2 energy stations for later building if I have enough influence for another star and still have a positive energy income.
I'm not sure what you mean by "cycling" but what I'm saying is if I am researching Planetary Unification and it has 10 months to go, and I will get the next Tradition pick in 13 (the pick that will unlock Faith In Science), I will switch Planetary Unification to something else (that I am going to research later anyway; the RP spent stick with the tech even if it does not come up in my next draw once I complete one of the current draw) for four months, then go back to (and finish) Planetary Unification. It means I wait 4 months (8 unity income had I completed Planetary Unification) to get 30 (I usually have 10 Unity income by the time I finishing my first techs; FiS gives 3 months worth). Its nothing insane but a 22 Unity boost that early is also not insignificant. If you do it with three techs, though, its almost a whole Tradition point by itself.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

That is exactly what I meant by cycling. I'd have to do some checking, but I think that points spent on a tech that you stop researching degrade over time (points gained from science ship salvaging are exempt) and that'd sometimes just sort of waste your research time. If true then just not researching and banking research might be a decent option.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "cycling" but what I'm saying is if I am researching Planetary Unification and it has 10 months to go, and I will get the next Tradition pick in 13 (the pick that will unlock Faith In Science), I will switch Planetary Unification to something else (that I am going to research later anyway; the RP spent stick with the tech even if it does not come up in my next draw once I complete one of the current draw) for four months, then go back to (and finish) Planetary Unification. It means I wait 4 months (8 unity income had I completed Planetary Unification) to get 30 (I usually have 10 Unity income by the time I finishing my first techs; FiS gives 3 months worth). Its nothing insane but a 22 Unity boost that early is also not insignificant. If you do it with three techs, though, its almost a whole Tradition point by itself.

It gets ridiculous if you go below 1x tech/tradition time.

I also had a 38 initial mineral production on a lifeseeded run.

industrialist + industry boost + fanatic pacifist + v strong + industrious species trait + gaia world. And I had some very good tiles including a 3 mineral and 3 clear 2 mineral tiles. I am running a 1 point food deficit but i'm gonna build a hydroponics farm in my starbase to offset that.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 23, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ZypherIM posted:

That is exactly what I meant by cycling. I'd have to do some checking, but I think that points spent on a tech that you stop researching degrade over time (points gained from science ship salvaging are exempt) and that'd sometimes just sort of waste your research time. If true then just not researching and banking research might be a decent option.

they don't decay, but as you expand they'll be worth less (you're bigger, you have a higher income and a higher penalty from colonized worlds/owned systems)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Does anyone know if that new beta patch update dropped? I cannot trade with the merchant guilds for food yet.

ZypherIM posted:

Ah, fair enough. I had not considered just not researching because I have always felt that the "banking" research is not shown in the UI and is thus a dubious and may-not-actually-be there thing that I dont trust. But I should just give it a try.
Regardless, I'll trade 4 months of ~6-8 Science for the extra unity. But that is just personal preference. Same goes for the Trading Post in the starbase - its just what I like to do so I can take a worker off of my starting secondary energy farm since my Species is Industrious and I have the Mining Guilds civic.

AtomikKrab posted:

It gets ridiculous if you go below 1x tech/tradition time.

I also had a 38 initial mineral production on a lifeseeded run.

industrialist + industry boost + fanatic pacifist + v strong + industrious species trait + gaia world. And I had some very good tiles including a 3 mineral and 3 clear 2 mineral tiles. I am running a 1 point food deficit but i'm gonna build a hydroponics farm in my starbase to offset that.
:stare:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Does anyone know if that new beta patch update dropped? I cannot trade with the merchant guilds for food yet.

Ah, fair enough. I had not considered just not researching because I have always felt that the "banking" research is not shown in the UI and is thus a dubious and may-not-actually-be there thing that I dont trust. But I should just give it a try.
Regardless, I'll trade 4 months of ~6-8 Science for the extra unity. But that is just personal preference. Same goes for the Trading Post in the starbase - its just what I like to do so I can take a worker off of my starting secondary energy farm since my Species is Industrious and I have the Mining Guilds civic.

:stare:

I still have the initial covered deposits as well so +1 mineral and +2 to work on later... and i'm inward perfection so my farms will produce minerals soon. SOON

I hit 50 minerals per tick inside 18 months. :v:

My total before happiness bonus is 65% boost so each mine I build at level 1 is 3.30 minerals added per tick. and It will increase once I get some factions/other happiness stuffs going.

I guess also to note is that ruler traits/industry plans effect mining stations but species does not. So do global technologies/Edicts? I need to check on edicts.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 23, 2018

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Heavy slave builds can hit numbers like that as well. Fanatic auth + syncreatic evolution and you've got like +52% minerals on tiles.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ZypherIM posted:

Heavy slave builds can hit numbers like that as well. Fanatic auth + syncreatic evolution and you've got like +52% minerals on tiles.

Slaves won't hit happiness boosts though.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Yea but you can just nerve staple them. You also don't have to chase happiness boosts, so different paths of what you're taking are more viable.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ZypherIM posted:

Yea but you can just nerve staple them. You also don't have to chase happiness boosts, so different paths of what you're taking are more viable.

That is true,

30 from species for your proles. +10 auth +10 slave optimize ruler +10 industrious leader + 10 slaving guilds + 10 iron fist so an 80% max possible

25 from species + 10 pacifist + 10 gaia + 10 industrialist + 10 develop industry = 65% boost, so slaving has an initial edge but with happiness boosters it hits 85% Note that the biggest edge a slaver empire can get is an iron fist governor as there is no equivalent for a not slaving empire, which is strange as there is one for food and one for research but not for energy/minerals. Without that it goes to 70% vs 65% with happiness picking up the edge.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Proles would be 10(prole)+10(nerve staple)+10(v.strong)+15(industrious) for 45 off species, so you're at 35 even at the very start. Chattel slavery gives another +10, slave processing facility gives another +10, there's also the 'Artificial Moral Codes' for another +5, think you got the rest of the slavery specific ones.

I'm not sure how long it takes you get to that max happiness, slave processing is pretty early tech wise.

The nice thing about slaves is you free up your main race from having to be v.strong+industrious. Lets you focus them on +tech/unity instead.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

The beta update hasn't dropped yet. Hopefully it does tomorrow?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I've just figured out how to change your empire's ship appearance midgame, and it's very super easy!

In-game, open your console and type in;
effect set_graphical_culture = <ship set you want>

Example:
effect set_graphical_culture = avian_01

BAM! You're done! You still have to upgrade all existing ships over to the new design, but now we all know it's possible!

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 23, 2018

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Event text about discovering alien life does not respect hive minds, game ruined.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ms Adequate posted:

I wish to inform you all that I love the Worm and the Worm loves me.

:same:

Not sorry for dredging up a two week old post. What was shall be.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ZypherIM posted:

Proles would be 10(prole)+10(nerve staple)+10(v.strong)+15(industrious) for 45 off species, so you're at 35 even at the very start. Chattel slavery gives another +10, slave processing facility gives another +10, there's also the 'Artificial Moral Codes' for another +5, think you got the rest of the slavery specific ones.

I'm not sure how long it takes you get to that max happiness, slave processing is pretty early tech wise.

The nice thing about slaves is you free up your main race from having to be v.strong+industrious. Lets you focus them on +tech/unity instead.

you can't get very strong and industrious on your proles, you can get strong and industrious so +30 at start... and I also realize you, on testing you can actually just have all but one pop enslaved if you really feel like it your starting ruler knocks unrest down below problem levels., the primary interference is you would need to build your main pop industrious + v strong and then the proles industrious + strong, and then hope you get a stupidly good starting planet somehow.

If we look through the course of a game.
v strong + robust + industrious + proles + staple = 50%+30% from gov and civics (35% if you go pacificst slavers)+10 if you put them on a gaia world (why not)+10 industrialist ruler +10 slave optimizations or grow industry, +10iron fist +10 chattel slavery + 10slave factory. +5% from politics tech +5% from the exoskeletons. so 150(155 pacifist slavers)% mineral production? have I missed anything?
Meanwhile
v strong + robust + industrious =30%... so why not become as robits?
Synths with drills = 30% + 20% gov and civics (pacificst and mining guilds) +10% gaia world? haven't checked that for synths, +25 industrialist growing industry synth ruler, +5% synth governor. +5% robot politics tech + 5% exoskeletons. +20% happiness max. so 120%, with the extra civic, building, and most importantly governor slot giving the advantage to slavery.

Machine intelligences get turbo hosed in the minerals race. 10% drills +10% civic + 20% machine world? + uh the traditions and their buildings so like +15% there? tech for 10% from the two trees. and so they kinda crap out at 65%? Losing out on ethics and more importantly ruler choice costs 30% mineral production right there. In addition organics can get at a low end +30% racial and machine intellgiences 10% lack of happiness or slavery stuff costs at a minimum 20% as well with only machine worlds giving an advantage over gaia worlds closing the gap by a net 10% there.

Tell me if i'm missing anything

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 23, 2018

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Unrest isn't an issue with slavery until you've got majority slavery planets, adding in another couple slaves onto your starting planet won't move you into penalties. My bad on forgetting you can't get v.strong off the bat. Slavery with syncreatic starts at +62% default, and can get up to +30% more depending on if you get governor, leader, and agenda for minerals for a +92%. Later on you can add in another +15% from techs (tier 1 and tier 2) that don't apply to happiness.

Whats your starting happiness bonus to production?

If you're shifting 6 guys onto minerals at the start, that means you're keeping.. 1 food and 1 energy while skipping out on all unity and science? Ok I guess if you stunt all your other growth for extra minerals you can get more minerals. Meanwhile a syncreatic slaver race starts out their main race with +science/+unity, maybe falls slightly behind as you focus 100% on minerals, and the rockets past as soon as they look at a second planet while pumping out a lot more tech+traditions.

edit: If you get synths without going synthetic ascension you can actually enslave them, and get the synth bonus AND the slavery bonus. I don't think you can get enough species mod points to fit robust and nerve staples and v.strong, but I could be wrong. Level 2 refinery gives another +20% that I don't think you have listed, and I'm pretty sure 170% is around where I remember the cap being.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ZypherIM posted:

Unrest isn't an issue with slavery until you've got majority slavery planets, adding in another couple slaves onto your starting planet won't move you into penalties. My bad on forgetting you can't get v.strong off the bat. Slavery with syncreatic starts at +62% default, and can get up to +30% more depending on if you get governor, leader, and agenda for minerals for a +92%. Later on you can add in another +15% from techs (tier 1 and tier 2) that don't apply to happiness.

Whats your starting happiness bonus to production?

If you're shifting 6 guys onto minerals at the start, that means you're keeping.. 1 food and 1 energy while skipping out on all unity and science? Ok I guess if you stunt all your other growth for extra minerals you can get more minerals. Meanwhile a syncreatic slaver race starts out their main race with +science/+unity, maybe falls slightly behind as you focus 100% on minerals, and the rockets past as soon as they look at a second planet while pumping out a lot more tech+traditions.

edit: If you get synths without going synthetic ascension you can actually enslave them, and get the synth bonus AND the slavery bonus. I don't think you can get enough species mod points to fit robust and nerve staples and v.strong, but I could be wrong. Level 2 refinery gives another +20% that I don't think you have listed, and I'm pretty sure 170% is around where I remember the cap being.
Starting happiness is 60% but can exist depending on ruler traits you can also throw on the higher standard of living for a boost to 70%, or communal for 65-75% to begin with. Whats your average starting mineral production per tick with your build?

Refinery is pretty much anyone at any time so I don't really include it. I mean you can say 175 140 85% if you want but that doesn't change things too much. In the end slaving is the best way to rev your economy on the cheap since it also boosts food production. Organics and synth ascended organics are regardless still extremely better than machines with even a little effort directed to producing minerals.

So pacifism ethos raises mining/research station production, as does industrialist for station minerals. So my mining stations are running at 121% which is nice, didn't realize I was getting that boost.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 23, 2018

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

If I remember correctly off-hand you should be getting 1% production for every 2 happiness over 60, so 5-7% from happiness.

My starting build runs: spiritualist (trade off the 5% resources for temple unity bonuses, unity edicts), mining guilds (stations benefit), main race - intelligent, traditional, quick learner.

If I get no bonus mineral options +19.41, starter mineral tiles on the planet are a +1 and a +2 (unsure if default mine tiles on a gaia are different). With a +2 mineral station as the extra starting station I sit at +21.61. There is always a +2 mineral tile under a blocker which would give another +6.48. So +28.09 is the sort of bottom line. Getting another +1 mineral tile and taking an energy hit until you get stuff like trading hub up and +33.22 is what I'm at.

Around +30 and you should be limited by influence instead of minerals for expansion, which translates into a pretty fast second planet. After building a temple I'm at +7.56 unity as well.

I included refinery because you included stuff like exoskeletons, figured you were looking for everything. Also yes, the benefit of stations from pacifism bonus is probably a large contributor to your large mineral gain you've noticed.

edit: that is +33.22 with 1 extra 1 mineral mine tile built. No leader, governor, agenda bonus.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm deep into repeatable techs and still don't have anything better than my battle robots. I'm running across AI planets with like 10 fortresses and 6000 defense power, which is insane on its own, but are all the better trooped locked away? Happy we don't have attachments anymore but I'd so love a few more tiers of troops or troop tech.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Baronjutter posted:

I'm deep into repeatable techs and still don't have anything better than my battle robots. I'm running across AI planets with like 10 fortresses and 6000 defense power, which is insane on its own, but are all the better trooped locked away? Happy we don't have attachments anymore but I'd so love a few more tiers of troops or troop tech.

Yeah robots take goddamn forever to get Battle Frame armies, it seems, but then you almost immediately get Mega Warforms.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ZypherIM posted:

If I remember correctly off-hand you should be getting 1% production for every 2 happiness over 60, so 5-7% from happiness.

My starting build runs: spiritualist (trade off the 5% resources for temple unity bonuses, unity edicts), mining guilds (stations benefit), main race - intelligent, traditional, quick learner.

If I get no bonus mineral options +19.41, starter mineral tiles on the planet are a +1 and a +2 (unsure if default mine tiles on a gaia are different). With a +2 mineral station as the extra starting station I sit at +21.61. There is always a +2 mineral tile under a blocker which would give another +6.48. So +28.09 is the sort of bottom line. Getting another +1 mineral tile and taking an energy hit until you get stuff like trading hub up and +33.22 is what I'm at.

Around +30 and you should be limited by influence instead of minerals for expansion, which translates into a pretty fast second planet. After building a temple I'm at +7.56 unity as well.

I included refinery because you included stuff like exoskeletons, figured you were looking for everything. Also yes, the benefit of stations from pacifism bonus is probably a large contributor to your large mineral gain you've noticed.

edit: that is +33.22 with 1 extra 1 mineral mine tile built. No leader, governor, agenda bonus.

Nah I only have my starting system for mineral mines. Ok so a gaia world has 8 blockers vs 6 with an extra energy and mineral under them. You also have more tiles base with random resources on them. not all the remaining tiles are guaranteed but the most empties I have ever had is 3, they are also more likely to be richer than base planet goodies. limitation is you need to go tall, but I use robots to colonize, specializing the robots for rapid production as I go. Also being xenophobic lowers starbase influence cost so you are less limited influence. (expansionist of course lowers it further but I did not roll that.) I would have built a unity booster but its single player and i'm experimenting. right now I do get 6.05 from my stations and another 46 from pops + the 10 base amount from existing. already built a second science ship and constructor, maxed out my starbase to energy and food, and planning a second one soonish at 2002.01.01. Thanks to inward perfection I am closing in on my next pop as well.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Fanatic auth gets +1 influence/month, which maths out to faster starbases than xenophobe (-20% cost vs +33% gain). I still get influenced capped and not mineral capped pretty quickly.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Baronjutter posted:

I'm feeling kinda the same about xenomorph armies. I don't have any of the DLC, and xenos seem too good to not use. They don't take morale damage, and deal an insane amount of collateral as well. They also don't take very long to produce. It feels like they're the obvious good choice.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

ZypherIM posted:

Fanatic auth gets +1 influence/month, which maths out to faster starbases than xenophobe (-20% cost vs +33% gain). I still get influenced capped and not mineral capped pretty quickly.

Why are you comparing fanatic authoritarian to non-fanatic xenophobe? Also, the xenophobe discount stacks additively with everything else, like ruler agendas or Reach For the Stars.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Staltran posted:

Why are you comparing fanatic authoritarian to non-fanatic xenophobe? Also, the xenophobe discount stacks additively with everything else, like ruler agendas or Reach For the Stars.

Because the discussion hinges on him being fanatic pacifist, which excludes being fanatic xenophobe.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Oh, right. Still, if you're going inward perfection, you've got two -10% outpost influence cost traditions. If you get those, xenophobe is effectively -25%, even with the +33%. And once you get factions that +33% drops too. You do get systems slower at the start though.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AtomikKrab posted:

Tell me if i'm missing anything
Empathy :smith:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

quote:

Both in order to fix some bugs caused by traits that alter species identity (such as Psionic ascension path traits), and to expand player freedom, we've made some changes to species rights. There are no longer any traits that cause a species to be considered entirely distinct from its parent species, so a Psionic or Hive-Minded Human pop is still considered to be a subspecies of Human.

Is it bad that I'm more hyped for this being fixed than I was for Apocalypse?

Seriously, Wiz, LordMune, everyone, thank you, I've wanted this for ages.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Something seems extremely counter-intuitive about robots being less effective at endlessly toiling away in mines and factories than organic beings, no matter how radically they've genetically/cybernetically modified themselves.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Captain Oblivious posted:

It has been a pretty cool game yeah :v:

I've never seen a galaxy that isn't huge, so that looks extra tiny to me!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Taear posted:

I've never seen a galaxy that isn't huge, so that looks extra tiny to me!

It's a dwarf galaxy! That reminds me, how about an "irregular" galaxy setting with no core and stars semi-randomly distributed along clusters and passages.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I've actually been thinking of making a "Turbo Stellaris" (or Sword of the Stellaris) mod for very small, very quick games. 50 and 100 star galaxies, force spawn only empires that have life-seeded, turn the tech slider all the way to max. Make the entire game about maneuver warfare and claiming space - minimize the amount of having to deal with armies and invasions.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

So is there like a cap on how low consumer goods costs can go or is it theoretically possible to hit 0? My robits appear to be running a galactic empire on air alone here

Really feeling that megastructure construction limit right now...

DoubleNegative posted:

I'm feeling kinda the same about xenomorph armies. I don't have any of the DLC, and xenos seem too good to not use. They don't take morale damage, and deal an insane amount of collateral as well. They also don't take very long to produce. It feels like they're the obvious good choice.

:same:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
It’s capped at -90%.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

McSpanky posted:

Something seems extremely counter-intuitive about robots being less effective at endlessly toiling away in mines and factories than organic beings, no matter how radically they've genetically/cybernetically modified themselves.

How often has Mechagodzilla beaten the real Godzilla?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

McSpanky posted:

Machine intelligence is fun but they do feel a little weak on resources; most of mine their output doesn't come close to matching organics of a similar size, so the real benefit is you save 1-2 tiles on food production per planet, which doesn't shake out to match the others, synthetics get happiness on top of the same basic options for resource output. They need stronger robo-mods, which could be gated by techs if they wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
When you guys talk about ascendancys, like biological ascendancy, what are you talking about? Certain tech paths, or something more official?