Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

PantsOptional posted:

It isn’t even that, because there’s still a shitload of things that aren’t on an all the way. It’s closer to what people might expect when they order a burger - mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, and grilled mushrooms (although obviously those last two are a departure from the “default” most places).

Ah, OK, I'll defer to first-hand knowledge there.

Is it possible that the Doughboys made an obvious mistake and didn't realise or correct it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I've been to five guys and shake shack both and I'd have to say that the most doughboys moment of all time is still nick yelling ITS FINE over and over and then yelling I'LL WALK AWAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK. I DON'T CARE.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

The Narrator posted:

Is it possible that the Doughboys made an obvious mistake and didn't realise or correct it?

New thread title

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

To me all the "upscale" fast food style burger places are a little too greasy... Also it's crazy that something like a shakeburger single is 600 calories... thats a lot of animal fat... I know you guys are talking about other stuff but this is just where I'm at.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
While we're just throwing stuff out

When it finally comes, the McDonald's review is too big for one episode. There's the breakfast menu, the classics, McCafe, and the Create Your Taste menu (is it called that in the US?)

We're going to need more

We're going to need a Month of McDonalds

*triumphant music starts*

either that or Doughboys runs for 5 years, Mitch dies and is replaced for the last year, McDonald's is the final ep, episode 300 or whatever, and Wiger's take is "yeah it's ok, three forks"

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 23, 2018

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Two friends join a guest for a meal at an american chain restaurant, then have a discussion about the food, the world, and how one of the hosts totally actually does do a lot to help the podcast and he doesn't appreciate everyone acting like he's just a lazy idiot who supports trump, which he doesn't by the way, that isn't true. His dad was a labor lawyer.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Matt Lindland posted:

To me all the "upscale" fast food style burger places are a little too greasy... Also it's crazy that something like a shakeburger single is 600 calories... thats a lot of animal fat... I know you guys are talking about other stuff but this is just where I'm at.

I'm vegetarian and I don't know why I care/have opinions on fast food burgers but here I am.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

PantsOptional posted:

It isn’t even that, because there’s still a shitload of things that aren’t on an all the way. It’s closer to what people might expect when they order a burger - mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, and grilled mushrooms (although obviously those last two are a departure from the “default” most places).

Yeah, I've always found the 'All the way' be a really strange element of the Five Guys menu. Feels a little like they just chose half their toppings as random. Even having all three different sauces feels sort of strange, but that could just be me.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

GraPar posted:

Yeah, I've always found the 'All the way' be a really strange element of the Five Guys menu. Feels a little like they just chose half their toppings as random. Even having all three different sauces feels sort of strange, but that could just be me.

See, that's actually the way I like it with the three condiments, but I find that the onions and mushrooms combined with them make the whole thing way too sloppy. You end up with half your toppings falling out of the burger. I tried it once with the lettuce wrap and everything just oozed out after about two minutes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, and pickles on a five guys burg

Unmature
May 9, 2008
My 5 Guys order
Little cheese burger
Mayo
BBQ
Grilled onions
Grilled mushrooms

It's very unwieldy and falls apart pretty quick.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
my first time at five guys i just read through the topping and asked for every one that sounded good. it was an absolute mess

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
An adult should confidently know the toppings they prefer on a standard burger

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

xbilkis posted:

two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, pickles.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

xbilkis posted:

- Burger
- Cheese

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
-Booger
-Piss

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Matt Lindland posted:

- Burger
- Cheese

Burger is not a topping it's the thing

For real though that scene in Good Burger always pissed me off as a kid

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't do Five Guys. If I'm gonna pay that much for a burg/fries/drink, I'll just throw an additional $5 on top of that and go to a local burger joint.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

One plain burger and a glass of water please

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Unmature posted:

Burger is not a topping it's the thing

For real though that scene in Good Burger always pissed me off as a kid

What if its a double and a burger is a topping on another burger

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

One thing about shake shack is their shakes are actually extremely good. But I find their burgers to be a bad value and unhealthy feeling. & the fries arent bad but they do seem to have come from rite-aid's frozen foods section 20 minutes before you got them .

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Matt Lindland posted:

One thing about shake shack is their shakes are actually extremely good. But I find their burgers to be a bad value and unhealthy feeling. & the fries arent bad but they do seem to have come from rite-aid's frozen foods section 20 minutes before you got them .

As long as you are actually frying them, frozen french fries are good.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
They key to a good Five Guys burger is to not go crazy with toppings. "All the Way" is a little too busy, too many condiments (but if you're, say, a lazy guy who doesn't do that much for a podcast, I bet you could say "All the Way, no ketchup")

(Regular Cheeseburger with grilled mushrooms and onions, green peppers & A1 sauce, Small fries. Last time I went to Five Guys the nerd behind the counter said that if I was ordering for myself, I'd be better off with the "Little" fries; I almost took a swing at him. It's not Five Guys unless you have to reach through a layer of bag fries to get your burger, and then continue idly eating fries for about 4 hours after your meal because there are just so many of them.)

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
"All the way" is a pretty common burger order that's not unique to Five Guys.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Five Guys is great. Mustard and extra pickles (ketchup is freely available on the side if needed). Lettuce wrapped and eaten with the foil as support, I cannot stress this enough people

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

JethroMcB posted:

They key to a good Five Guys burger is to not go crazy with toppings. "All the Way" is a little too busy, too many condiments (but if you're, say, a lazy guy who doesn't do that much for a podcast, I bet you could say "All the Way, no ketchup")

(Regular Cheeseburger with grilled mushrooms and onions, green peppers & A1 sauce, Small fries. Last time I went to Five Guys the nerd behind the counter said that if I was ordering for myself, I'd be better off with the "Little" fries; I almost took a swing at him. It's not Five Guys unless you have to reach through a layer of bag fries to get your burger, and then continue idly eating fries for about 4 hours after your meal because there are just so many of them.)

Truly five guys’ greatest strength is the obscene amount of fries they give you

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Matt Lindland posted:

What if its a double and a burger is a topping on another burger

Nope, that's its own menu item

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mitch is right, Pinhead vs. The Mask would be a good fight...

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's feels unnatural to talk about food in this thread about this specific food podcast

https://twitter.com/Metronome49/status/976985352845086721

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

(in pinhead voice) Ooooohhh Myyy

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Truly five guys’ greatest strength is the obscene amount of fries they give you

I mean if it wasn't this, I 100% would never go to five guys. They're expensive and there's plenty of burger places, but they're the ones who give you a ton of bottom of the bag fries.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's feels unnatural to talk about food in this thread about this specific food podcast

https://twitter.com/Metronome49/status/976985352845086721

Doughboys: Come With Us, Taste Our Pleasures.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

You'll discover a pain so intense, it becomes pleasure. Exit, stage left even.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The key to a good Five Guys burger is to go to a different restaurant that makes burgers in the same style but isn’t bad and isn’t a complete mess.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

xbilkis posted:

regular ham burger: lettuce, tomato, mustard
cheese burger: lettuce, tomato, house sauce

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the proper way to eat a five guys burger is to throw it in the trash and go to your local joint instead.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
burger patty, cheese, onion, pickles and sauce. put the onion on top of the patty and then put the cheese on top of that while the patty's cooking. tomato and lettuce if you want but eh i dont usually bother at home. as far as sauces, i do mustard and ketchup usually, but you could also have special sauce or like mayo or something. this is bog standard assuming you're not having a bbq burger or something.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdT5aLDtBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
lol spongebob you absolute dipshit, the sauce goes next to the bun