Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nibble posted:

I don't understand what the second upgrade in the second row is supposed to do though. "This upgrade would increases the prestige power gain as log10 of prestige power gain increase." :confused: I've yet to see it go above 1x.
...I think that's "if you're going to gain 10x prestige power you'll get a multiplier bonus", and a better bonus for 100x and then 1000x? But I don't know if that's absolute gain or literally ten times what you have at the moment. This game is so poorly worded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Manyorcas posted:

Edit: Also maybe check the terms and conditions of submitting games/accepting money from Kongregate or whatever to see if they allow you sharing how much you're making? I know Valve is super hushhush about those numbers but I don't know if Kongregate cares.

I've chatted personally with a guy from Kong, and they say it's fine to disclose.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Gilg posted:

For Tap Wizard RPG, is it just me, or are charms super underwhelming? I find dungeons slightly interesting, but the reward vs just doing a raid (I don't play often enough to care about their cooldown) doesn't seem worthwhile.

Dungeons are good in that they are like a really long 3 zone raid and you get weird buffs which encourages build diversity. Charms are cool because you can get a bunch at once and they don't decay while the game is closed. Some are very meh and some are neat (like casting a random spell when you kill an enemy), but they're not really a super big deal. They're still worth doing because you end up gaining a lot of power quickly compared to the wilds.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nibble posted:

Right now the total time one is 3x and transfer time is 4x, at 11 hours this transfer and 2d15h all time (I haven't exactly been speedrunning). The rightmost one based on highest prestige is still just at 2x even after pushing my prestige power to 29M%.

I don't understand what the second upgrade in the second row is supposed to do though. "This upgrade would increases the prestige power gain as log10 of prestige power gain increase." :confused: I've yet to see it go above 1x.

Log10 is basically how many zeros there are. so log10(100)=2, you can actually shorten log10 to just log, since the 10 is assumed.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

pixaal posted:

Log10 is basically how many zeros there are. so log10(100)=2, you can actually shorten log10 to just log, since the 10 is assumed.

I get that part, I just have no clue from the wording how it's creating a relationship between increasing the prestige power gain and the prestige power gain increase. Those sound like they're saying the exact same thing.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

pixaal posted:

Log without a number is the natural log like 99% of the time

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Xyven posted:

that's abbreviated as ln(number) you dumb gently caress

e: sorry. heated math moment

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Xyven posted:

Isn't that ln

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The inability to see the magnitude on the time-based ones before buying them (it even says "mouse over purchased upgrade to see multiplier" or whatever!) is horrible design because I basically had to pick at random.

I was thinking I'd pick transfer time next even though it's to the right of total playtime - is total time better? I know "highest prestige power" will be good eventually but it sure as hell isn't now because I have one TP ever.

Why didn't you just export your save and re-import it after taking one upgrade to check?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Depends on the context. Some programming languages use log for the natural log function and log10 for base 10 (like Matlab, C++, or R for instance). Excel uses the LOG and LN for base 10 and natural though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nibble posted:

I get that part, I just have no clue from the wording how it's creating a relationship between increasing the prestige power gain and the prestige power gain increase. Those sound like they're saying the exact same thing.

I find so many people have no idea what log is because they forget or remember it being "very complicated" when it's pretty straight forward what it represents

(it's still kind of a pain in the rear end to say know that log2(8192) is 13, but once you get that you need to double the number to increase the value by 1, and for log10 you need to 10x to increase by 1 it's easy enough to understand what you need to do in a game to get to the next value).

Obviously though in this case they aren't explaining what they are taking the log of, so it's confusing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GrossMurpel posted:

Why didn't you just export your save and re-import it after taking one upgrade to check?
...you think I have a brain?

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Venuz Patrol posted:

Maybe try not to rage about poo poo you don't understand. Both ln and log are used for the natural log. If you see a log without a subscript it's probably base e!

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Gully Foyle posted:

Depends on the context. Some programming languages use log for the natural log function and log10 for base 10 (like Matlab, C++, or R for instance). Excel uses the LOG and LN for base 10 and natural though.

Matlab actually does a complex natural log with the log function :gonk: use reallog(x) or spend an hour debugging to track down how imaginary numbers popped up 🙁

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Venuz Patrol posted:

I don't know if it was intentional, but this made me laugh out loud.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

pixaal posted:

I find so many people have no idea what log is because they forget or remember it being "very complicated" when it's pretty straight forward what it represents

(it's still kind of a pain in the rear end to say know that log2(8192) is 13, but once you get that you need to double the number to increase the value by 1, and for log10 you need to 10x to increase by 1 it's easy enough to understand what you need to do in a game to get to the next value).

Obviously though in this case they aren't explaining what they are taking the log of, so it's confusing.

Yeah most people don't need to bother with log since school so I can see where it would be easy to forget. Playing idle games has increased the amount of log functions I deal with exponentially :v:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
NGU feature request:
Add optional buttons on the inventory screen that make it possible to do bulk combine and use without a keyboard.

I like to remote to my computer from my phone, and every other screen is functional without a keyboard.

This is also a good accessibility option. Say you're doing this to make your game more accessible, not to make it easier for people to play games from the shitter at work.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm pretty sure that's what the Coming and Soon buttons in the inventory screen are for.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Dungeons are good in that they are like a really long 3 zone raid and you get weird buffs which encourages build diversity. Charms are cool because you can get a bunch at once and they don't decay while the game is closed. Some are very meh and some are neat (like casting a random spell when you kill an enemy), but they're not really a super big deal. They're still worth doing because you end up gaining a lot of power quickly compared to the wilds.
True enough. I guess I just recently did a Crumbling Key dungeon, so I couldn't plan a build until I was already in the zones which made that aspect more annoying, but once I got that, the power was pretty good. Thanks for the response.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Realm Grinder: Thank gently caress I'm done with the Druid challenges, I swear to God they specifically designed these guys to be the most annoying faction possible.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Has anyone played Universal Attractor long enough to know when "production increase over highest prestige power" kicks in? Or how much prestige power you need to get a second transfer point in the same run?
E: Nevermind, it's 500 power for a 2x multiplier on the production thingie and 1000 power for 2 transfer points.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 24, 2018

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

GrossMurpel posted:

Has anyone played Universal Attractor long enough to know when "production increase over highest prestige power" kicks in? Or how much prestige power you need to get a second transfer point in the same run?
E: Nevermind, it's 500 power for a 2x multiplier on the production thingie and 1000 power for 2 transfer points.

It takes a while to get anything over 2x on that upgrade. Somewhere in the millions I got it to 3x and it hasn't budged since.

So far it feels super easy to keep pushing higher in one run as opposed to needing to transfer constantly to see any progress. Transfer point gain scales pretty well too, at 220B% I can get 1.3k, but I'm holding out to see how many more upgrades I can get.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Yeah I just pushed one OoM higher and suddenly I'm sitting at +5 instead of +2 transfer points to gain upon reset.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Something: I just threw about 950B gold into the Money Pit. It said it gave me a Toughness Boost 10 but it isn't showing up in my inventory (which does have a bunch of open space right now).

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Ignoranus posted:

Something: I just threw about 950B gold into the Money Pit. It said it gave me a Toughness Boost 10 but it isn't showing up in my inventory (which does have a bunch of open space right now).
Did it literally say "boost" because sometimes it just gives "+10 Toughness" which (i think) adds to the stat in the exp menu.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Money pit rewards are affected by loot filter maybe you had toughness boosts turned off?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Another NGU suggestion: add a new inventory slot in the upper left with a greyed out heart symbol that can only accept heart accessories. I think it'd make those items a little more enticing.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
NGU: I miss the 1/2/3 + Rightclick to Quickswap Accessories. 1-2-3 always switches between inventory pages now :(
I don't know if it's my computer, mouse, lag, browser or this game but dragging and dropping equipment is balls and I hate it.

Give Me Back My Man Hotkeys
Plus, the help file is out of date now.

Buttons to save a few gear loadouts would be sweet. It would improve the mobile/remote player's experience. I wouldn't mind an EXP gate. I think it would have to be pretty low AP, if you wanted to gate it that way, for a QoL improvement for the mobile/remote players.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

NGU feature request:
Add optional buttons on the inventory screen that make it possible to do bulk combine and use without a keyboard.

I like to remote to my computer from my phone, and every other screen is functional without a keyboard.

This is also a good accessibility option. Say you're doing this to make your game more accessible, not to make it easier for people to play games from the shitter at work.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

NGU: I miss the 1/2/3 + Rightclick to Quickswap Accessories. 1-2-3 always switches between inventory pages now :(
I don't know if it's my computer, mouse, lag, browser or this game but dragging and dropping equipment is balls and I hate it.

Give Me Back My Man Hotkeys
Plus, the help file is out of date now.

Buttons to save a few gear loadouts would be sweet. It would improve the mobile/remote player's experience. I wouldn't mind an EXP gate. I think it would have to be pretty low AP, if you wanted to gate it that way, for a QoL improvement for the mobile/remote players.

QWE have taken the place of old 123 now!

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Money pit rewards are affected by loot filter maybe you had toughness boosts turned off?

Oh, yeah, this was definitely it. Lesson learned!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

something posted:

<Impressive Kred numbers.>
drat... I'm currently floating between jobs (I do actually have one lined up, it's just a few months out) and seeing this kinda makes me think I should make something for Kong for fun. I never knew how viable of a platform it was for substantial income.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Universal Attractor: when do I want to start going for more than 1 TP per run? I know it's like 100x for 1 and ~1000x for 2 based on posts here. Do I just do it now that I've got the top row?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Universal Attractor: when do I want to start going for more than 1 TP per run? I know it's like 100x for 1 and ~1000x for 2 based on posts here. Do I just do it now that I've got the top row?

By the time you have the top row you should be able to save up for the next upgrade or 2 pretty easily.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Going from 0 to 1 TP is a long slog, 1 to 2 is also long, but after that you tend to jump up to 5, 10, 20, 50, etc after boosting.

I'm a tiny bit further than you, top two rows.

On my run, I was at 130TP, I hit a 2.5x boost and jumped to 178TP.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm down to save up and just boost a bunch. Every time I hit 5x or something? Or is there not a good rule of thumb that's consistent at this stage and I'll play it by ear.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm down to save up and just boost a bunch. Every time I hit 5x or something? Or is there not a good rule of thumb that's consistent at this stage and I'll play it by ear.

It becomes slower and slower as the run progresses, so it depends a lot on how active you are (don't forget to hit max all every few minutes to get bonus income!) At that point I usually shot for a x2-x3 increase late in a run IIRC. It's fine to just go "this feels slow, I better reset" based on gut feeling cause transfer point gain scales quite well.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Your additional multiplier each time will go down pretty fast, so waiting til 5x each time might slow you down eventually. But you could do start doing something like that and then just transfer once the next 5x feels out of reach.

After the first five transfer upgrades, I'd definitely wait to transfer again until you have enough TP for another upgrade or two, maybe even more. If you're not feeling like your progress has significantly slowed (like multiple minutes just to break ~1.5x or something), I think the TP gains are better suited to staying in a longer run.

The more I play the game, the more it's clearly "inspired" by Antimatter Dimensions (or the other way around, who knows). As you big crunch supernova you get infinity points neutron stars that let you buy infinity supernova upgrades and improve the autobuyers you unlock through challenges. After playing this phase long enough (where I'm at now), you'll unlock the ability to break the 1e308 antimatter stars limit and earn multiple infinity points neutron stars per big crunch supernova.

E: Also for anyone hitting the first supernova, the "Production increase over total stars" seems to be the best of the first row. "Production increase over total bought" is also quite strong, but it doesn't help at the start of a run when you want it most.

Nibble fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 26, 2018

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Nibble posted:

Your additional multiplier each time will go down pretty fast, so waiting til 5x each time might slow you down eventually. But you could do start doing something like that and then just transfer once the next 5x feels out of reach.

After the first five transfer upgrades, I'd definitely wait to transfer again until you have enough TP for another upgrade or two, maybe even more. If you're not feeling like your progress has significantly slowed (like multiple minutes just to break ~1.5x or something), I think the TP gains are better suited to staying in a longer run.

The more I play the game, the more it's clearly "inspired" by Antimatter Dimensions (or the other way around, who knows). As you big crunch supernova you get infinity points neutron stars that let you buy infinity supernova upgrades and improve the autobuyers you unlock through challenges. After playing this phase long enough (where I'm at now), you'll unlock the ability to break the 1e308 antimatter stars limit and earn multiple infinity points neutron stars per big crunch supernova.

E: Also for anyone hitting the first supernova, the "Production increase over total stars" seems to be the best of the first row. "Production increase over total bought" is also quite strong, but it doesn't help at the start of a run when you want it most.

Thanks for the info, I'm getting close to infinity. Is there a prestige autobuyer that you can set to just prestige every X minutes? It annoyed me to no end that the dimension boost autobuyer in Antimatter Dimensions straight up didn't work if you couldn't exactly buy the 18 or whatever you set it at.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

GrossMurpel posted:

Thanks for the info, I'm getting close to infinity. Is there a prestige autobuyer that you can set to just prestige every X minutes? It annoyed me to no end that the dimension boost autobuyer in Antimatter Dimensions straight up didn't work if you couldn't exactly buy the 18 or whatever you set it at.

The initial prestige autobuyer doesn't have any settings and just kinda does it own thing, which as far as I can tell is just "wait until 10x". Later you unlock upgrades which say they provide more options for it, but I haven't bothered since after you get the last supernova upgrade at 3k and build it up a bit, you don't need to prestige at all to hit supernova.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saiphae
Feb 11, 2018
I've been trying the Universal Attractor and while it's not groundbreaking, it is okay for an idle game. The minimal graphics for the UI kind of reminds me of the Universal Paperclips idle game.

If anyone is interested, Lazy Galaxy is an idle game that is available on steam. It's kind of got an interesting take on the combat side of some idle games in that you build a spaceport, upgrade your ships, send your ships out to fight and you have to beat so many nodes before you can jump to the next galaxy (prestige). It's been entertaining the past couple of nights I've fired it up.