Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Bored middle-aged soccer moms who fill out the ranks in HOAs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
/\/\/\/\ That's a better definition.

flightless greeb posted:

I really want to know what this means but I feel like maybe also I dont

Won't-somebody-think-of-the-children ladies voting bloc. Red fingernails and blue hair is like unit insignia.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I've never heard of that and googling (my google-fu is strong) doesn't see that, either. I know the stereotypical population you are joking about, but not with those descriptors.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Look up Red Hat Society.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Look up Red Hat Society.

:rms2: Praise the Lord for Lunix

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I honestly thought it was a crack about libertarians (Penn Jillette wears red nail polish on one finger).

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

InitialDave posted:

I honestly thought it was a crack about libertarians (Penn Jillette wears red nail polish on one finger).

Libertarians don't think of the children, only how much richer they'd be if they didn't have to pay taxes, oh and don't worry you poors we'll totally have functioning charities!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fermented Tinal posted:

Look up Red Hat Society.

I'd rather not.

(If you're a server, you know of them. And you dread the day the descend upon your restaurant)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Measly Twerp posted:

Libertarians don't think of the children, only how much richer they'd be if they didn't have to pay taxes, oh and don't worry you poors we'll totally have functioning charities!
They do, however, think a lot about public funding of infrastructure.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
https://twitter.com/eminitybaba/status/979456899484614656

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nothing gets the heart rate going like being passed on the right shoulder by a car doing like 90+...

I wonder what the dude would have done if the shoulder was blocked or too narrow and it's kind of hosed that the only answer I can come up with is "slam into the back of my car at 30mph faster than I'm going"

It made me think I should get a dash cam for the 1000'th time but really, it would be worthless in that kind of a situation.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Get a dash cam anyway.

https://youtu.be/Lk6iILI0W0I

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/trailer-house-stuck-under-leduc-overpass-1.4601275

This overpass gets hit by heavy equipment somewhat regularly.

Should probably put a Canadian accent warning on the video.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYimlrucN4s

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
^^^^^^Jeeeesus

Lots of interesting things going on in that vid. Leftmost car clearly saw things coming and managed to stop in time. RAV4 flipping over surprised me, but it was probably compounded by white Ford acting as a backstop. Motorcycle guy should go buy a lottery ticket. And Redlight Runner McMusclecar can get hosed, but given the video evidence that's hopefully already happening. Oh, and rightmost Acura person picked the right time to be on Facebook and not see the light changing.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Neighborhood/rural area facebook groups seem rife with people who will make posts like "this car passed a school bus on the right at 95 mph while snorting meth and taking the lord's name in vain in a text message!!!11" and attach a phone pic like

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
It was me again, kinda. Pulled out on a roundabout yesterday because the guy on it was signalling to come off before me and the direction of his car went that way. He must have hosed his signalling or changed his mind because he didnt come off and ended up right behind me and angry. In the event of a crash it would have probably gone his way as I don't think the dashcam would have caught the signalling, I'm gonna look later.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

I love how he just runs off and lays down in the grass. Perfect reaction.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

DesperateDan posted:

It was me again, kinda. Pulled out on a roundabout yesterday because the guy on it was signalling to come off before me and the direction of his car went that way. He must have hosed his signalling or changed his mind because he didnt come off and ended up right behind me and angry. In the event of a crash it would have probably gone his way as I don't think the dashcam would have caught the signalling, I'm gonna look later.

I never trust a turn signal. If a car with a turn signal blinking is close enough to hit me if they decide not to turn I wait until they've passed.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

GutBomb posted:

I never trust a turn signal. If a car with a turn signal blinking is close enough to hit me if they decide not to turn I wait until they've passed.

Until you can see a definite change in speed and/or their wheels turning assume it's an old person who can't hear their signal clicking. #ageismisokaywhenit'saboutdriving

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

bolind posted:

^^^^^^Jeeeesus

Lots of interesting things going on in that vid. Leftmost car clearly saw things coming and managed to stop in time. RAV4 flipping over surprised me, but it was probably compounded by white Ford acting as a backstop. Motorcycle guy should go buy a lottery ticket. And Redlight Runner McMusclecar can get hosed, but given the video evidence that's hopefully already happening. Oh, and rightmost Acura person picked the right time to be on Facebook and not see the light changing.

SUVs and cute utes will roll over at the drop of a hat when they get hit, especially if they get T-boned turning left. Every couple of weeks there's a new picture on the news of some RAV4 or Rogue rolled onto its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

was honestly a bit disappointed nobody took the spot again after he pulled the car out

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I like how he drops the car right behind the pickup truck that's about to leave :downs:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Seat Safety Switch posted:

SUVs and cute utes will roll over at the drop of a hat when they get hit, especially if they get T-boned turning left. Every couple of weeks there's a new picture on the news of some RAV4 or Rogue rolled onto its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping.

What do you mean I'm not helping?

Regarding blinkers a friend of mine did the same thing, assumed a car with its blinker on was going to turn into the parking lot he was pulling out of, since it was the only turn to make on a long stretch of road, what else could the blinker be on for, right? Nah, it was just on for funzies and he pulled out onto the road right in front of this car that hit him. Don't trust anyone or their blinkers. They are all liars.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

bolind posted:

Rolled over is an SUV's natural state.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

this is a jeep commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc6OIbzpNOQ

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

davebo posted:

What do you mean I'm not helping?
They're just questions, Davebo.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

I was gonna point out that you've got to be pretty ballsy to do that in an open-sided vehicle. IRL you're like to come back to find someone pissed all over your seats.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bet that dude was huge fun to be around at home that night.

"See honey, I told you buying an offroad vehicle and slapping huge chunky tires so I could feel like a boss running errands would pay off! I actually used my winch today to vandalize some rear end in a top hat's car!" :smug:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

I'm sure someone just happened to be flying their drone up there at exactly the right time to film that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I didn't even notice the camera was moving. My brain interpreted it as a security camera on top of a light pole.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Whenever you see one of those kinds of videos, always ask "why were they filming?"

If that question seems appropriate and there's no reasonable explanation, it's probably staged.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Goddamnit, I want to believe!

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

I'd rather not.

(If you're a server, you know of them. And you dread the day the descend upon your restaurant)

Nothing shows the world your free spirit like going to olive garden and sitting there for 6 hours

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

I live near there, and know that intersection. Looking for red light runners should be automatic. Which, now that I think of it, is true everywhere, but especially true in north DFW. Is it something in the water here?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Do some people not understand that you need to match highway speed by the end of the on ramp, not after you've cut across a lane or two?

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Flint Ironstag posted:

I live near there, and know that intersection. Looking for red light runners should be automatic. Which, now that I think of it, is true everywhere, but especially true in north DFW. Is it something in the water here?

Everyone in Dallas is the most important person in Dallas.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

EightBit posted:

Do some people not understand that you need to match highway speed by the end of the on ramp, not after you've cut across a lane or two?

No, never.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm the guy who jumps into the center lane from the onramp to try to overtake in a '94 Sentra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
On Sunday I was merging onto the 401 and a small pickup in front of me cut across the shoulder behind some slow-moving minivan and three lanes to camp the left lane at 90. I had plenty of room to accelerate and merge normally, before the minivan got on the freeway at the far end of the acceleration lane from a dead stop.