Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm getting better at Nioh. The last two main missions had bosses that I think are considered really hard (Ogress and the Ninja Girl) and I beat them both in I think four tries (with the first try both times just me basically getting killed almost immediately) . I'm sure soon I'll just get my rear end kicked horribly for hours on end but right now I don't feel like the worst game player that has ever played games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

univbee posted:

It was T7G, the microscope puzzle which worked on a principle not unlike Reversi/Othello but with different changing the pieces' color rules I think.

Anyway the way the puzzle is apparently programmed is that the computer AI goes through as many possible moves as it can in 1 second and then does the best move from the choices it could analyze in that limited time. This basically made the AI's strength entirely a function of your CPU's power, and with higher-end Pentiums computers could actually analyse all moves within that 1 second and would thus effectively play perfectly.

Oh I remember that one being hard. I don't remember what I did though--whether I powered through and beat it or just skipped it (since I think it had a built in ability to say "gently caress this poo poo" to individual puzzles)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh I remember that one being hard. I don't remember what I did though--whether I powered through and beat it or just skipped it (since I think it had a built in ability to say "gently caress this poo poo" to individual puzzles)

Yeah I was never able to beat it and that was the one puzzle I skipped.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nice.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Dragon Quest Builders question, is there eventually any way to lay down lots of earth fast, like for making hills or evening out floors? Destroying I’m fine on with the spin attack, at least.

Noooooooooo

The nicest the game gets with stuff like this is letting you make different wall and floor coverings to mass convert earth into another kind of tile

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Looper posted:

Noooooooooo

The nicest the game gets with stuff like this is letting you make different wall and floor coverings to mass convert earth into another kind of tile

I was also gonna ask if there was like a 'whatever->earth' reverse cladding and flooring, nuts.

Had to do a rebuild in ch1 and it was annoying as hell but I think I'm about at the end (gotta get golem blocks for a cantlin wall) and it's really absorbingly fun :shobon:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Shining Soul

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
As someone who put the time into making my chapter one base two stories with a third floor penthouse, absolutely save that creative energy for Terra Incognita

Plus there you have the space to make some purely utilitarian rooms for production and storage and still be able to make the real cool poo poo without having to wrestle with the game's inability to recognize room features in any space more than two rows tall

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Looper posted:

As someone who put the time into making my chapter one base two stories with a third floor penthouse, absolutely save that creative energy for Terra Incognita

Plus there you have the space to make some purely utilitarian rooms for production and storage and still be able to make the real cool poo poo without having to wrestle with the game's inability to recognize room features in any space more than two rows tall

Yeah, I got warning on that front. This was more because I didn't leave enough room for that barricade on the west side, before I realized that it doesn't really matter even in gameplay terms :v:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, I got warning on that front. This was more because I didn't leave enough room for that barricade on the west side, before I realized that it doesn't really matter even in gameplay terms :v:

Oh no! It still sucks feeling like you've gotta do a huge revision like that

Umm here's a warning for something kinda similar in Chapter 2: monster attacks pretty much always come from the same direction in a given chapter, but the boss here primarily attacks from the opposite direction as the one you've been defending the whole time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What is the best way to prepare brussels sprouts

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is the best way to prepare brussels sprouts

Set your oven to like 500 degrees F and stick a metal pan in here to heat up. Cut the sprouts in half and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper and whatever other spices you feel like. Take the pan out of the oven and put the sprouts on it cut side down. Cook them for 20 minutes or so. If you have any, balsamic vinegar makes a great dipping sauce although they're still delicious without it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cut them in half and put them cut side down in some oil and roast them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Throw them in the loving trash

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also put foil over the top for half the cooking time so that they steam themselves a bit.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you're a loving stupid dipshit you can try boiling brussel sprouts, you moron. you imbecile.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Set your oven to like 500 degrees F and stick a metal pan in here to heat up. Cut the sprouts in half and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper and whatever other spices you feel like. Take the pan out of the oven and put the sprouts on it cut side down. Cook them for 20 minutes or so. If you have any, balsamic vinegar makes a great dipping sauce although they're still delicious without it.

oddium posted:

cut them in half and put them cut side down in some oil and roast them

Thank you. This sounds good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah b sprouts own

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

oddium posted:

yeah b sprouts own

Not when you have to eat them 4 days in a row, though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Not when you have to eat them 4 days in a row, though.

Make them 4 different ways they are versatile

They also keep well so you could space the days out

al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

Also put foil over the top for half the cooking time so that they steam themselves a bit.

This is important information because b sprouts are super dense and if they don't steam a little they'll be hard as marbles.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man... This conversation is a stark reminder that there are people who just don’t see the universe the same way I do

gently caress Brussels sprouts

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jay Rust posted:

Man... This conversation is a stark reminder that there are people who just don’t see the universe the same way I do

Your gaming opinions remind me of this every day.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

j/k I don’t notice your posts :twisted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol I’m reminded of stux, who once sincerely called someone a “white noise poster” as an insult

I think it was sincere, anyway

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Lol I’m reminded of stux, who once sincerely called someone a “white noise poster” as an insult

god drat this is rude :mad:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

idk if anyone had Minit on their radar but it's an incredibly good game. It's a game where you die and go back to the last house you were in every 60sec, and you solve puzzles and stuff. I'm totally stuck right now and just trying out random poo poo but it's still an extremely good feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3ACYmSBoo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Lmao stux

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Talking about MIA Chat Thread posters (Stux was banned iirc???) what happened to Lurdiak? I haven't seen them in ages.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We chased him out with our good opinions

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

White noise poster reporting in.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

chumbler posted:

Hell ... same

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

People pay good money for white noise machines, it's a compliment

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sometimes i spend a long time on a post and then realize i could convey the exact same point by just posting "lmao"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Sometimes I type some stuff but realize nobody cares so I just close the tab

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Sometimes I type some stuff but realize nobody cares so I just close the tab

Helps you think to type i find useful even unpublished

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

gently caress Brussels sprouts

Your eyes are fine it’s your tongue that’s bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really genuinely try not be a white noise poster but I think I still am which is honestly a little depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is a chat thread. It’s all noise.

• Locked thread