Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not having a regular paycheck sucks today. Another MS6 dude not all that far from me is parting out his car back to stock and he has so many parts for cheap. I just can't be that irresponsible today and it blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

STR is about to move from Sewage Street to McMansion Street :3:
Either that or shady as gently caress trashman is going to try and finish you off when you're not looking :ninja:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Seminal Flu posted:

My 8 year old just got a cast on her broken arm yesterday and I'll tell you the same thing I told her -- you can do anything for a couple weeks. Focus, push, know that it's a short-term crush and you'll get through it.

Thanks bud. I'll be in my nerd hole if anyone needs me.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

slidebite posted:

Either that or shady as gently caress trashman is going to try and finish you off when you're not looking :ninja:

Not if his new landlord doesn't do it first

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BraveUlysses posted:

back up a copy of that video to a few copies of physical media and get it stored in a safe deposit box

I already told him that and he was already ahead of me. STR knows how to safeguard valuable evidence.

Adiabatic posted:

Thanks bud. I'll be in my nerd hole if anyone needs me.

:coal:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Told him "I'm sorry sir, but my attorney has strongly recommended I not speak with you". Goi a "this is just basic information, we need this for our own insurance". Got an email address out of him. Seems the ambulance chaser lawyer I hired is out to lunch, but I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess providing this stuff is A Bad Idea, especially when they kept saying "we don't need no lawyer for this". My own insurance has already ruled in my favor (based on dashcam), totaled my car (based on both photos and physical examination), and procured a rental for me. I kept telling the guy "my attorney has recommended I not speak to you".

Yup. You have a lawyer, have them run everything through said lawyer.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Bajaha posted:

Get insurance to cover physio, neck pain is no good and only gets worst later on if left untreated.

Hope the dash video is clear enough to nail that guy to the wall. Any witnesses too?

I don't have any form of medical coverage on my car insurance. :sigh: Any medical stuff will have to go through my own medical insurance, or through my lawyer.

Yes, I pulled the stereotypical American thing and called a lawyer. Legally, I'm represented.

slidebite posted:

Yanno, it's been a few days since I had a helping hand. :wmwink:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think I did lunch wrong today :(

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I think you forgot to add that more importantly, you did Toblerone wrong.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Generally, the way it works is that you get treatment from your insurance and then your insurance gets paid back from their insurance. You should also get your deductable.

If they call again, tell them not to call and to only contact your attorney is you haven't already. Don't delete any voicemails they leave.

Edit: are the cops involved? A H&R is actually treated like a pretty serious crime here if they can easily if who did it, which they can here.
If cops show up at garbage company, I bet they stfu.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I don't have any form of medical coverage on my car insurance. :sigh: Any medical stuff will have to go through my own medical insurance, or through my lawyer.

Yes, I pulled the stereotypical American thing and called a lawyer. Legally, I'm represented.

Yanno, it's been a few days since I had a helping hand. :wmwink:

Hoping you get a nice settlement because they could have been cool and instead are threatening. Plus this car is your job can't wait to hear what lawyer says. Let him do his thing AND DO NOT TALK TO TRASH PEOPLE AGAIN.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

But still not as bad as the prequels!

i just realized i need a gif macro of SAY SOMETHING BOUT THE PREQUELS BITCH from the new Natalie Rap

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

NumbersMatching320 posted:

i just realized i need a gif macro of SAY SOMETHING BOUT THE PREQUELS BITCH from the new Natalie Rap

Somehow I had no idea said new Natalie Rap existed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I could have gone without knowing.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Somehow I had no idea said new Natalie Rap existed.

As much as I enjoy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, it's really put a damper on Samberg's other projects. TLI has kinda just fizzled so this one went largely unnoticed by pretty much everyone.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Thoughts on a C6 Corvette vs a C5 Z06 Corvette? I'm assuming the C6 has a nicer interior and is probably the better choice since the power is similar.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MomJeans420 posted:

Thoughts on a C6 Corvette vs a C5 Z06 Corvette? I'm assuming the C6 has a nicer interior and is probably the better choice since the power is similar.

Just get a viper.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MomJeans420 posted:

C6 Z51 and C5 Z06 are pretty much the same in terms of performance. If you have any desire to do major engine modifications, the C6 is also better in that the 6.0L blocks have a better cylinder head selection than the 5.7L.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Sweet. I'm assuming repair parts on the C6 may be cheaper than the C5 Z06, but that may be wrong.

*edit*
searched for vipers under $30k, for some reason they're all from 1993. Or else a Dodge truck with viper in the model name, thanks Dodge.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

My brain might be broken, but I like the looks of the c5 over the c6 by a mile. That said I have heard the build quality on the 5 was not exactly stellar.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My buddy has a 1999 S10 with the 2.2l 4 banger that "blew a head gasket." He doesn't really maintain vehicles, and said it started spewing white smoke, and he's been "fighting" overheating for a few months. His commute is only about a mile down a straight road with no stoplights, so that doesn't say much.

I offered to help him fix it (all parts, gaskets, bolts are around $60 on rockauto AFTER shipping, jeeze these engines are cheap), and if it gets fixed up he's either going to list it on CL for $2200 or so (body is in good condition and small pickups are pretty valuable down here), or to me for $500.

Man I don't need a truck but (assuming we fix it) that's an easy-as-gently caress flip.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

C6 Z51 and C5 Z06 are pretty much the same in terms of performance. If you have any desire to do major engine modifications, the C6 is also better in that the 6.0L blocks have a better cylinder head selection than the 5.7L.

Only if it's an 08+. C5 Z06 against the LS2 cars is a driver's race with a hard nod to the C5 in most cases.

Plus the C6 looks like dogshit. The only ones worth giving in to those looks are a Z06 or a ZR1.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I've been tempted to get a new Vette - at least locally the dealers are putting $10-$15k on the hoods of those in stock. The problem is Vettes are highly personalized and those in stock are typically optioned badly. Aka if you're going to buy one, you're going to order one.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Maybe I'm crazy, I think the C6s look much better than the C5s, or maybe it's just the C5s look old now. Another fun Corvette game - try to find a black one that doesn't have the lights blacked out, and that doesn't have lovely wheels. This one isn't bad, I'm sure I could remove the light tint and I don't mind the C7 wheels, but lowered sounds like a pain in the rear end, and I'm not wild about putting body parts from higher trim models on lower trim cars (the ZR1 parts).

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MomJeans420 posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, I think the C6s look much better than the C5s, or maybe it's just the C5s look old now. Another fun Corvette game - try to find a black one that doesn't have the lights blacked out, and that doesn't have lovely wheels. This one isn't bad, I'm sure I could remove the light tint and I don't mind the C7 wheels, but lowered sounds like a pain in the rear end, and I'm not wild about putting body parts from higher trim models on lower trim cars (the ZR1 parts).

Uhhh that car is goddamn beautiful for a C6, and is basically perfect visually for that gen. The wide body is how they should have come stock, honestly.

The only issue with that car is that he doesn't mention any head work, so go ahead and tack 2-3k onto that price immediately.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I think that the C6 is vastly better looking than the C5. A C5 Z06 is an incredible value right now and hard to argue with.

So Mrs Heroic went to visit the parents for a couple of days and let me catch up on some house projects and spring cleaning. I’ve been tackling the garage at night to make it a haven again.

Why do we as humans keep around boxes? I got rid of the original boxes of so many things. I finally rid myself of the box from our TV. It had the base (tv is wall mounted). Why have I hung on to that for almost five years? I’m never going to table top mount the TV. It’s not going to get taken back to the store. It took up space for five years. Throwing it out felt good.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Only if it's an 08+. C5 Z06 against the LS2 cars is a driver's race with a hard nod to the C5 in most cases.

Plus the C6 looks like dogshit. The only ones worth giving in to those looks are a Z06 or a ZR1.

The first part is legit, and is basically what I was saying anyway.

The second... I will only agree that the widebody cars look much better, but I don't think the base C6 looks bad at all. Of course I also don't think the C5 looks bad, especially as a FRC/Z06. At least, on the outside. Which reminds me, if the targa is a benefit, that's another mark in the C6's favor.

The C5 interior... I'm a GM apologist and there's no apologizing for that.

Still wouldn't turn down a C5Z for cheap, though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Goddamn I'm loving sore.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Goddamn I'm loving sore.

Use more lube next time

(In all seriousness, max dose Advil - 4 every 6 hours - and rest)

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Goddamn I'm loving sore.

Did you get checked out? Concussion is nothing to gently caress with, neither is neck pain.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Seriously, go to the doctor. Call Geico while you wait and inform them this hit and run is now an injury hit and run.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Geico and lawyer are already aware of injuries, I knew my neck and back got tweaked when it happened. Didn't realize I'd have this much trouble walking though. I'm used to walking several miles a day on average, this hobbling around poo poo sucks.

I'm going to the doctor as soon as I have the rental car (Enterprise is bring it by around noon tomorrow - I didn't want to deal with it today, plus I promptly got drunk once the adrenaline wore off). I slept most of the day, woke up a little while ago. Used Lyft to get to/from the store (yes I tipped my drivers w/cash, I know how much a <2 mile trip sucks for them) to get a 6 pack and a frozen dinner, gonna try to fall back asleep before 1.

Oh, my apartment now has a moat! A bridge would be nice, though. Think it's fresh water this time (no smell, anyway); it's coming up from between the slabs on the sidewalk, and my feet sink several inches into the lawn when I try to walk to my car. Sidewalk has a few inches of standing/slightly flowing water on it, lawn on this side of the building has standing water... and it's running into the sewer cleanout (which still isn't capped, there's still TP and condoms around it for added flavor).

Goober Peas posted:

Use more lube next time

Yeah... learned that one the hard (lol) way.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 5, 2018

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Formula E is literally the worst loving racing I have had the displeasure of watching in a very, very long time - There's not enough alcohol or drugs to make that poo poo in any way enjoyable.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Oh, my apartment now has a moat!

A man's home is his castle!

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the deluge of crappy stuff happening to you.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

At least this is a...fresh deluge. :haw:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Formula E is literally the worst loving racing I have had the displeasure of watching in a very, very long time - There's not enough alcohol or drugs to make that poo poo in any way enjoyable.

Make the cars solar powered and allow full contact, I would watch slow motion sun stock car racings.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, I have a snapped stud on one wheel but need tires. I have the stud, and am going to replace it later tonight if I can get the fucker out without pulling the hub.

Think pepboys or a place like that will give me poo poo about it?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

iwentdoodie posted:

So, I have a snapped stud on one wheel but need tires. I have the stud, and am going to replace it later tonight if I can get the fucker out without pulling the hub.

Think pepboys or a place like that will give me poo poo about it?

Like not take your money buying tires because you have a wheel stud snapped? No, they'll still take it. :v: And then try and sell you a stud replacement for $200.

If you're that worried about it, take the wheels in separately in another car. (because they'll snap another stud for you, anyway...)

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 5, 2018

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
They'll snap three more and claim it came in like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Larrymer posted:

Like not take your money buying tires because you have a wheel stud snapped? No, they'll still take it. :v: And then try and sell you a stud replacement for $200.

If you're that worried about it, take the wheels in separately in another car. (because they'll snap another stud for you, anyway...)

More like "am I gonna go ahead and buy online and set an appt, then have them not want to install because of it".

And I would, except my wife and I are working basically opposite schedules and it'd take me an extra 3+ hours to go get her car, pull wheels, drive there, then drive back. Stupid work.

• Locked thread