Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Did you guys see this: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/04/centurylink-fights-billing-fraud-lawsuit-by-claiming-that-it-has-no-customers/

CenturyLink is trying the CIG defense; you're suing the wrong company.

cat picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I feel like it's always important to remember that in Ready Player One, Star Citizen got released.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

BluesShaman posted:

He's worth hundreds per year in avatar changes. He's Lowtax's golden goose.

Would you say that Dr. Smart is a whale ?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

phosdex posted:

CenturyLink

lol, it's hilarious to see that Qwest got swallowed by an even worse company

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I feel like it's always important to remember that in Ready Player One, Star Citizen got released.

I was honestly surprised it wasn't in the movie somehow.

(I got dragged to it by a nephew)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm hoping it was originally going to be, but they didn't tell CIG it was cut.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Foo Diddley posted:

lol, it's hilarious to see that Qwest got swallowed by an even worse company

What's great, is when you grab AT&T as an MPLS provider and CenturyLink is the LEC.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Is it possible to commission works by AdzAdama? I want something to the effect of "Serkis Circus" featuring the Imaginarium and the usual trappings in typical hilariously absurd fashion

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The mocap will eventually be an important part of the saga post mortem- if sources are to be believed, fully one third of the to-date claimed pledge haul had already been spent on it a year ago- and it continues.

What a waste of time and money. I can never leave this thread because my mind never stops being blown by this poo poo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Mario death mask posted:

The mocap will eventually be an important part of the saga post mortem- if sources are to be believed, fully one third of the to-date claimed pledge haul had already been spent on it a year ago- and it continues.

What a waste of time and money. I can never leave this thread because my mind never stops being blown by this poo poo.

:same:

Though I am stuck on the procedural eggs right now to be honest.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Mokinokaro posted:

Was it as awful as could be expected?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
TWITTER: ATV Preview: The Living MobiGlass

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but that looks like Will Maiden tag-teaming this one with Zane. Yet Maiden took leave of Foundry a couple of weeks ago, right? If so, it seems like they might should have plopped a replacement dev in there, even if only to say the same things.

I like Will. He seemed, like a lot of the Foundry folk, pretty straightforward, sincere and not given to the frustratingly glib and smug ‘tude of some of the LA gang. (Sorry guys but it’s true.)

So I’m bummed Maiden won’t be turning up on Calling All Devs or Reverse the Verse anymore. I guess if it is him that probably shot this some time ago...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

Was it as awful as could be expected?

Not as bad as the book because it's almost a complete rewrite, but it's still basically a mediocre action movie with mostly pointless product placement cameos.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Just watching some twitch, decided to check out some Star Citizen.

Guy is playing Space Marine - it's just so so bad. Map is bad, in both design and style. Input/controls look like they are bad (hard to truly tell without playing it myself). Game type is like early 2000's level. UI and feed back are bad. Sound is crap. Looks like the tick rate is 4. Graphic are not good, the textures are high quality, but not good.

Cant believe some people still claim Chris Roberts is a perfectionist - this would not of cut it as a top multiplayer fps since at lest tribes.

It is really sad to see it in action and realize that people have given Chris Roberts $180,000,000,00 dollars to make his dream game and this what he is releasing to them.

Not funny, sad.

Get A Chris Roberts, if you have any honesty in you, give everyone a refund.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 5, 2018

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright

TheLastRoboKy posted:

That happened in Cline's second book, Armada. It's somehow a worse novel. Maybe because the fictional developer of the spacegame Armada hired Chris Roberts, genius developer.

e: listening through more of the 372 Pages podcast, the game of Armada has unskippable cutscenes and Cline gushes over the actor who just played the role of the admiral so perfectly. The main character's favorite spaceship is some enemy alien fighter called a "Glaive" and oh boy

RearmingStrafbomber fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 5, 2018

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ComfyPants posted:

I'm hoping it was originally going to be, but they didn't tell CIG it was cut.

Was Roberts spotted leaving the premiere in tears?

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Zzr posted:

Would you say that Dr. Smart has balls ?

Is this a trick question? Was he in a terrible accident that resulted in him losing his testicles?

If so, I feel you guys ought to show him even more respect.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Wait..... isn't there a theory that the SC server is literally a LAN at CiG HQ rather than a proper server? This statement then.....

:eyepop:

No this is just goons overactive imagination. Servers often have frames too but they’re logical frames for data updates and rendering does not occur. They’re still called “frames” and typically used fixed steps which means the frame rate is a meaningful thing to talk about with regards to the server. It does not imply that they have some weird LAN setup.

FFXIV, for example, had some server side frame rate issues early on where they had too few logical frames for some high precision battles and had to up the rathe specifically for the Titan fight.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

phosdex posted:

Did you guys see this: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/04/centurylink-fights-billing-fraud-lawsuit-by-claiming-that-it-has-no-customers/

CenturyLink is trying the CIG defense; you're suing the wrong company.

cat picture

quote:

CenturyLink also filed a motion to halt discovery in the case until after the arbitration question is decided by the court.
:allears: when bitcoin scam is doing same defence as CIG

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Awesome Fidelity posted:

Is this doxxing?

Did you glue Croberts in place? If you did I think it's more like epoxying.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Is it just a of hand mention, or is it more substantial?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Describing any reference in Ready Player One as "substantial" would be a gross overstatement.

Note that this is from a book published in 2011.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Describing any reference in Ready Player One as "substantial" would be a gross overstatement.

Note that this is from a book published in 2011.

That snippet is from another book of his, Armada, which came out in 2015. Sorry to disappoint

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Isn't his books just about being a pedantic know it all fanboy?

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

I'm now pretty certain that the game Armada in the book Armada is a SC/S42 ripoff, it has a good description of the Bishop speech and the best HOTAS ever and they take the fight to the aliens. Cline names every Wing Commander game in a four page list of crap from the 90s, the name of the book is probably a reference to Wing Commander: Armada.

Crobberts got Archered.

Cline's characters are all pedantic know it all fanboys, his world settings and plots are wholesale stolen from usually better (but sometimes Roberts) properties.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Cline's characters are all pedantic know it all fanboys, his world settings and plots are wholesale stolen from usually better (but sometimes Roberts also stolen) properties.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Yeah never forget that the Robertverse don't have a single original concept in it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No Mods No Masters posted:

That snippet is from another book of his, Armada, which came out in 2015. Sorry to disappoint
drat it. He's still a literary Chris Roberts.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

I realize that the Bishop speech was published shortly after Armada.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
What would happen if Derek blocked everyone in the thread ? What would he see ?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

What would happen if Derek blocked everyone in the thread ? What would he see ?

What would happen? Deskeletonization.

What would he see? Himself tripling every second.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 5, 2018

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Bootcha posted:

Himself tripling every second.

Aka the Ben rate.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bootcha posted:

What would happen? Deskeltonization.

What would he see? Himself tripling every second.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMIAHZEAU4

Sing along everybody. (whilst rubbing of course)

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Mokinokaro posted:

But it was.

By 2044, Star Citizen had become The Oasis - the Best drat Massively Multiplayer Online Simulation Ever!

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

trucutru posted:

Mr. Big Nipples Big Life, who has the raddest name.

Second raddest.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kosumo posted:

Just watching some twitch, decided to check out some Star Citizen.

Guy is playing Space Marine - it's just so so bad. Map is bad, in both design and style. Input/controls look like they are bad (hard to truly tell without playing it myself). Game type is like early 2000's level. UI and feed back are bad. Sound is crap. Looks like the tick rate is 4. Graphic are not good, the textures are high quality, but not good.

Cant believe some people still claim Chris Roberts is a perfectionist - this would not of cut it as a top multiplayer fps since at lest tribes.

It is really sad to see it in action and realize that people have given Chris Roberts $180,000,000,00 dollars to make his dream game and this what he is releasing to them.

Not funny, sad.

Get A Chris Roberts, if you have any honesty in you, give everyone a refund.

Roberts is a perfectionist. The problem is that he's also a narcissist with terrible taste that hasn't had an original thought in decades. He's the greatest turd polisher in the history of game development.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crablurch generate the eggs.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Maybe during discovery they will make MoMA post his fleet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wrmaiden/status/981796346318524416