Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

The Locator posted:

I don't ever want to have to move it, drat thing is built into a rolling base and it's loving heavy just to roll it, let alone try to get it into a truck.

I feel ya. We moved house twice with an old upright piano.

e; snipe i guess. I'll dig up an animal pic somehow.

\/\/\/\/ one can never have too many animal pics.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That was last month, sir. I do believe the proceeds from the animal picture surplus paid for this month's fees.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Woohoo!

I cut the weight on tonights workout by a few LOTS pounds just to keep at it and the shoulder feels pretty good.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I had to stop weights once I did my ACL squatting 400lbs. That was the end of all that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BigPaddy posted:

I had to stop weights once I did my ACL squatting 400lbs. That was the end of all that.

Um, I can squat like 70...

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

My neck and shoulder got hosed up overtraining deadlifts about a year ago, and in spite of physiotherapy ever since then, I've only partially recovered from it. Might also be because we've just found pretty serious damage in my rhomboid muscle on the affected side.

It was doubly lovely because I had just set personal bests in just about everything, and I was feeling so good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
AvE has gone completely off the deep end these past two months or so.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

How so? I figured it was only going to be a matter of time before he fixated into some weird corner of engineering/hobbies and becomes one of those old guys who has a million extremely specific 60+ minute videos about something nobody cares about.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Ha, that works too well.

My favourite mash up artists are The Hood Internet, they're loving experts at this poo poo and have been doing it since forever. Below is 40 years of rap/hip hop in one cohesive 4 minute track. Insane amount of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNx_3hNhCho

yesssss im a big fan of their mixes and this one is really on another level entirely

as soon as i saw the thumbnail of the video he did about the collapsing pedestrian bridge i knew things were going poorly

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have a 49 TCL and I promise it is one of the few things I am 100% satisfied with. I’d buy the 55 but I literally don’t watch tv unless the kids are here, does anyone want to talk about “Spirit Riding Free” on Netflix because I have seen each episode 25 times. But anyways get a TCL

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How so? I figured it was only going to be a matter of time before he fixated into some weird corner of engineering/hobbies and becomes one of those old guys who has a million extremely specific 60+ minute videos about something nobody cares about.

New baby==no sleep. Or maybe he's getting tired of the schtick?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

About 4/5ths of his recent videos can be summed up as "I did ONE SAMPLE and it invalidates EVERYTHING I DISLIKE." The other 1/5th can be summed up as "loving losers, I'm so much smarter than EVERYONE." His thumbnails, while they used to be tongue-in-cheek clickbaity, are now just straight up "drank the kool-aid" clickbait.

And yeah, he's really getting tired of his own shtick.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I literally have never heard of TCL TVs until now.
Is this real life? A4K 55” TV for $399!?

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

BigPaddy posted:

Similar, something in my lower back popped and pulled one of the tiny stabilizing muscles at the bottom of a ~225lb squat. Saw a doctor and was assured it's just a pull but it consistently reoccurs on any back squat or deadlift, but at least front squats are fine as long as I don't go too heavy and drop them.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Too bad that's not true in Canada, TCL isn't even a brand here apparently. Cheapest 55" 4K smart tv I can find is this: http://www.poweredupav.com/partner/site/p/55UJ6200

That's about $550 USD.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That is overpaying I’ve seen them as low as $329 and I’m not a shill couldnt be happier than with mine. Tvs are toasters now cheap unless you want some weird gimmick it is awesome.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I have a small SLAP tear and piriformis syndrome. I psyically cannot do an overhead press and when I was squatting/deadlifting above ~200lbs my hips were dangerously unstable, so I just went super hard into isolation training instead

everdave posted:

I have a 49 TCL and I promise it is one of the few things I am 100% satisfied with. I’d buy the 55 but I literally don’t watch tv unless the kids are here, does anyone want to talk about “Spirit Riding Free” on Netflix because I have seen each episode 25 times. But anyways get a TCL

I'm gonna ride, I'm riding free. Come along, let's go along, come on let's journey with me :dance:

At least it isn't Puffin Rock. That's almost as bad as Caillou

E: I feel like AvE kind of lost it around the time he got the hydraulic wrench, but he's still putting out ok work. The biggest problem he has is that there's not a lot of new, video worthy stuff he can do anymore. Like what would be even worth BOLTR-ing anymore? Hopefully he finds something soon, because I'm tired of bizarre torque tests

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 7, 2018

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It is the answer. You cannot lift heavy weights forever, and when your body starts telling you poo poo you better listen. You don't need to deadlift.

Henry Rollins doesn't even lift heavy weights anymore because he's old and was tired of getting hurt, dude uses an elliptical machine now.

My mum is 74, lifts heavy weights and has done so since her late thirties three times a week, I'm nearly 49 and Strava is enough example of what I do week in and week out. Dont for one second say age is a limit on lifting iron or exercise because I know well it isnt and there's plenty older than Rollins (Who is just 57) that lift heavy - the gym I'm at has dudes in their 80's lifting and embarrassing much younger guys. You just have to realise trying to be Mr Universe isnt going to work, you can get all the benefits keeping it sane.

Lifting even prevents injury and slows aging issues.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

At least it isn't Puffin Rock. That's almost as bad as Caillou

Honestly I don't mind Puffin Rock, just for the fact that Chris O'Dowd narrates it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Somewhat Heroic posted:

TCL is a pretty low end Chinese brand, don't expect the same kind of picture quality you'd expect from LG or Samsung. But they're a drat good value so long as you go into it knowing you're not going to get amazing picture quality.

They currently own the manufacturing rights for RCA in the US as well.

If you want a Roku TV, Sharp is probably the best one, followed by TCL. The rest are all store brands or stuff made by TCL.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Honestly I don't mind Puffin Rock, just for the fact that Chris O'Dowd narrates it.

I can't articulate why I hate it, but I know I'd rather watch half a season of Sarah and Duck instead of 1 episode of Puffin Rock

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I got a panasonic tv awhile back. Just a non smart 1080p unit, great picture, perfect fit for the alcove.

Its got some tiny spiders in it now though. A pregnant money spider got inside and babied up the place and a few got inbetween the screen and the protective layer. Luckily the new subwoofer seems to be slowly vibrating them down, and it's nowhere near as distracting as when they were still alive and wiggly.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

DesperateDan posted:

I got a panasonic tv awhile back. Just a non smart 1080p unit, great picture, perfect fit for the alcove.

Its got some tiny spiders in it now though. A pregnant money spider got inside and babied up the place and a few got inbetween the screen and the protective layer. Luckily the new subwoofer seems to be slowly vibrating them down, and it's nowhere near as distracting as when they were still alive and wiggly.

i heard they were bringing back WebTV but this is just ridiculous!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

ExplodingSims posted:

If you're feeling down about your body or abilities, I highly recommend the My 600lb Life thread in GBS. :btroll:

Holy poo poo yes this. I eat quite a bit less sugar now I've read the whole damned thing and I'm trying to drink more water.

UK goons, one punch man is on UK Netflix now.

Also the multipla should get picked up and dragged away today, the drive way will need to be pressure washed stat, it's been 4 months since the bastard grounded itself.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

happy friday everyone, have a listen to one of the best mashups you'll ever hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Upzye9Ctw

someone should get the av of rob zombie and the devil cruising while headboppin from the dragula music video

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I just took a semi drunken stroll to the corner store and back and passed a thing on the way.

A 1966 Chrysler 300. In decent condition, no dings or dents, minimal rust. For sale.

I thought to myself, "This would be the perfect car for me to buy to troll the gently caress out of my wife. I want this car."

then I thought to myself, "You really don't want this car. What the hell are you thinking?" and I was right on both counts.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I got to wait on Keith David the other day. He's super chill and down to earth, but I got really nervous around him for some reason

I didn't recognize his face, but as soon as I heard his voice, I wanted to tell him, "I really liked you as Captain Anderson." He was with his family and I didn't want to be the rear end in a top hat who bothers a famous person in public, though. My coworkers weren't as considerate, but they at least waited until dinner was over to ask for pictures

He tips real well

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

I have no idea but it's the only lift that gives me trouble.
Look into either sumo or trap bar deadlifts if standard gives you issues. I can't pull standard over 2xBW but sumo or trap and I don't end up broken.

Yeah. Just don't buy a Walmart TV (they're walmart-specific SKUs with stripped-down features and generally worse-quality panels 99% of the time), and avoid Spectre, Insignia, or Hisense, with reducing quality in that order. I've had multiple Hisense TVs die on me, and the other two are ones I've either had problems with, or garner a poo poo-ton of negative reviews on actual websites (like slickdeals or amazon) versus their store-specific websites with "catered" reviews (like bestbuy.com). Don't get a curved TV.
We have a haunted Spectre smart TV that will randomly turn on and not respond to any button pushes. Only way to fix it is to unplug. Was spooky as hell the first time it happened, came home after a week away to the TV blaring.

Have a passed out puppy - three weeks until pick up date. Delta changed their puppy policy so we'll probably be driving ~15 hours each way to bring him home.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My mum is 74, lifts heavy weights and has done so since her late thirties three times a week, I'm nearly 49 and Strava is enough example of what I do week in and week out. Dont for one second say age is a limit on lifting iron or exercise because I know well it isnt and there's plenty older than Rollins (Who is just 57) that lift heavy - the gym I'm at has dudes in their 80's lifting and embarrassing much younger guys. You just have to realise trying to be Mr Universe isnt going to work, you can get all the benefits keeping it sane.

Lifting even prevents injury and slows aging issues.

My point was as you get older you have to pay more attention to what your body is telling you, people ignore poo poo and that's how they end up getting seriously hurt lifting pushing the issue.

Also exercise and heavy lifting are two different things, obviously everyone should exercise.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

My point was as you get older you have to pay more attention to what your body is telling you, people ignore poo poo and that's how they end up getting seriously hurt lifting pushing the issue.

Also exercise and heavy lifting are two different things, obviously everyone should exercise.

You know as well as I do that you're talking to a wall :v:

I have a ruptured disc with a slipped one above it, so deads and weighted squats are now a thing that other people do. Sams woth overhead press. I can't lift anything heavy above my shoulder without it forcing the disc into a nerve, and I can't walk for weeks. So I just do a ton of core exercises, kettle bells, and poo poo like that.

I can't even do farmers carry :(

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

The Door Frame posted:

He tips real well

Because you left the man alone. Don't be your coworkers.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Delta changed their puppy policy so we'll probably be driving ~15 hours each way to bring him home.

I've never seen a better excuse for a fly and drive.

iwentdoodie posted:

You know as well as I do that you're talking to a wall :v:

Took the words right out of my virtual mouth. :v:

Pre-existing injury really puts a damper on what can be done. I still don't get nearly enough exercise, but hopefully that will change now that the weather is warming up and the littlest is a lot less little.

Having said that, Rhyno, it's entirely possible the original lifting didn't cause the problem, but something soon after is what tipped you over the edge. We had some snow come down that turned slushy/icy fairly quickly about 3 weeks ago. I ended up clearing the driveway anyways, and was largely ok, until I cleaned the bathroom the next day or so. Wrecked my back the following few days because of it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Just be glad your barriers are physical and not psychological.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My point was as you get older

That's the problem, Rhyno doesn't want to admit that he's old now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seminal Flu posted:

That's the problem, Rhyno doesn't want to admit that he's old now.

I mran, he did have aids so he really shouldn't have gotten old.

(Sorry rhyno)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Someone left the loving Death Star laying on the US 60 so it inevitably sky rocketed nowhere else other than my loving windshield. 99.9% sure I have glass coverage on a new car lets call my provider to double check. NOPE. Yeah, my bad for not making sure months ago but its one of those things thats an easy upsell for customers upgrading cars within the same policy. Silver lining is that its not insane to replace, 300 bucks out the door but I'm still crazy irritated by the whole thing as that was money that didn't need to be spent.

:argh:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've got glass coverage and of course all I ever get are tiny chips and stars that look the same when 'fixed'. The CR-V is about due for a new windshield.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I've got glass coverage and of course all I ever get are tiny chips and stars that look the same when 'fixed'. The CR-V is about due for a new windshield.

It's a star about an inch wide and normally I'd just get it filled and be pretty meh about it but its absolutely dead center in front of my field of view. :negative:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

A guy I used to work with had the same complaint, so when he got another one he tried to "gently expand" the area so it would qualify for a replacement.

Shattered the entire windshield. It got replaced, but two years later he was still bitching about glass rattling in his dash.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Your point applies to anyone lifting of *any* age - in fact how many of you are complaining of over extertion injury you did years ago? Was age a factor was it going beyond your limit? - and did you miss my point lifting heavy things is not only done by older people but it also is good for you?

Lift heavy, lift within your limits, lift often. Age doesnt come into it and as I said it even slows down aging / bone denity loss / muscle loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Because of my commute I replace, on average, a windshield every 18 months or so. Full glass coverage is mandatory!

• Locked thread