Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Just a quick question

When people talk about someone being at level 250 or whatever, are they talking about the item level of their weapons/trinkets? Or are they talking about the weird average calculated from item and player level on the hero screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Just a quick question

When people talk about someone being at level 250 or whatever, are they talking about the item level of their weapons/trinkets? Or are they talking about the weird average calculated from item and player level on the hero screen?

Most of the time they're referring to Hero Power; which is (Average of all your equipped gear)+(Hero level x 10). Sometimes depending on the context they could mean what item level is dropping from their boxes. Gear will drop within 10 levels (either higher or lower) of the highest thing in that slot you've got from a box. There's a cap on gear from Recuit level boxes.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
It took me two years to get to level 250 in Vermintide 1, fuckin kids....

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Am I just not getting the +stamina regen stuff?

Even in my worst worst moments, a quick morale/charge during will always bring me back to full stamina. If I'm in the business of really needing stamina, I don't have time to do a charged attack to get 40% quicker regen.

Stamina recovers so quickly anyways, that it seems somewhat silly. Like maybe this is just a Legend thing, but if I do a push to get breathing room, by the time they are back on me my stamina is back up to full.

I get +1 Stamina. Stamina is super useful. I just don't get extra regen.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
My God, it's awful out there this morning in the pub wasteland :negative:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Rookersh posted:

So uh, am I reading the last Sir Kruber talent right?

The one where you get 100% reduction on stamina loss after a charge? Because it seems like it'd give you Bardin Ironbreakers ult as a constant you can pop whenever you want. The Charge cooldown is remarkably small.

Also I was fiddling around with a Dangerous Defiance/Blade Barrier and uh. That sure is a loving combo, jesus. I was getting hit for subRecruit level hits in Champion, and outhealing the hits with my temp health off kills. I started using Morale as a horde control mechanism since it staggered them, and it seemed to work pretty good as a control combo. I was basically always sub 50%, but it never mattered because I'd always bounce back up through temp health.

add in battle scars (tier 1 +30% healing effects) and +30% healing taken necklace to further boost kill-heals

Rookersh posted:

Am I just not getting the +stamina regen stuff?

Even in my worst worst moments, a quick morale/charge during will always bring me back to full stamina. If I'm in the business of really needing stamina, I don't have time to do a charged attack to get 40% quicker regen.

Stamina recovers so quickly anyways, that it seems somewhat silly. Like maybe this is just a Legend thing, but if I do a push to get breathing room, by the time they are back on me my stamina is back up to full.

I get +1 Stamina. Stamina is super useful. I just don't get extra regen.

it depends on how much you use push stabs to do damage

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What is a push stab? Is that different from push + shove?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

You do a push, but keep holding left click to do a follow up attack. All weapons have one, but the properties will vary.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

kaleedity posted:

add in battle scars (tier 1 +30% healing effects) and +30% healing taken necklace to further boost kill-heals

but this would require not taking the +25% health talent sadly

edit: I misread the talent selection here so ignore me :downs:

Skypie fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 7, 2018

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Landing in a pub into the nest game and seeing that everyone has equipped weapons with no AP because they're chasing green circles is the worst feeling.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You know, the health talent not working for Slayer might've been my biggest problem with playing him since it turns out I wasn't as tough as I thought I was all this time. No ranged weapons don't count because that's the price you pay, but fighting with the assumption that you were tankier than you really are is still a big deal.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Skypie posted:

but this would require not taking the +25% health talent sadly

Nah, Battle Scars is on mercenary. The other options are 5% crit, or 30% stamina regen. Altogether you can have +30% healing talent, +30% healing necklace, -35% damage taken when below 50%, and -25% damage taken after hitting 3 or more enemies. It's quite a lot of mitigation.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Man, I really don't like Slayer's leap because it only stuns the stuff around the landing zone, compared to Sir Kruber's charge which stuns everything in its path.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Nah, Battle Scars is on mercenary. The other options are 5% crit, or 30% stamina regen. Altogether you can have +30% healing talent, +30% healing necklace, -35% damage taken when below 50%, and -25% damage taken after hitting 3 or more enemies. It's quite a lot of mitigation.

Yeah, I originally saw it talking about Foot Knight then remembered that Battle Scars was a merc talent. Battle Scars is pretty solid. I usually go for the "everyone gets paced strikes" talent personally later on though.

Skypie fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 7, 2018

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Battle Scars is up against 30% stam regen and 5% crit chance. I used to go for crit but with Champ being much more deadly, I've taken Battle Scars instead and it's been doing wonders for my survivability since it works with both health on kill and healing items.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are they ever gonna fix that fact you can't even tell what the drakefire alt fire does?

like, i know what it does, but the game sure as hell doesn't make it clear

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are they ever gonna fix that fact you can't even tell what the drakefire alt fire does?

like, i know what it does, but the game sure as hell doesn't make it clear

Same for beam staff's sniper and shotgun modes, things die but there's nothing happening on my screen to say why

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
This is from a couple of pages ago, but Kruber's two handed hammer DOES have significant problems. Its single target light attack is high damage and armor piercing, while its charged swing is a massive AOE swing with heavy damage and stagger. On paper that seems perfect.

BUT, the hammer swing is pretty slow and the timing can be difficult to nail, especially when you're getting used to the tempo for consecutive, horde-clearing strikes, and getting hit cancels the heavy swing. This makes ordinary horde-clearing a little tough because it means you really have to have your timing down, but that's not too bad.

The problem comes when you get surrounded / hit from the side by a gunner or flamethrower or something. All of the sudden the rats are all loving over you and you can't respond; you don't have time to charge up another heavy swing, and the single-target light attack is way too slow to clear them out. Pretty much all you can do is start shoving and pray you get enough room for another heavy swing before your stamina runs out, or hope your teammates rescue you.

But even that is ultimately not a huge problem because it can be mitigated just by playing better. The real, ultimate problem I've had with the warhammer is shield enemies. When the warhammer's heavy swing hits a shield-bearing enemy it stops in its tracks. That's not a huge problem against low numbers of targets that you just swarm and overwhelm, but if two or three shield enemies wind up mixed in with a horde, you've got serious problems. You wind up, swing at the group, hit a couple of rats.... and then your hammer hits the shield and instantly aborts its attack. All of the rats that would have gotten hit but now aren't hit, then dogpile you.

You can try backing off / shoving as per usual, but the fundamental problem remains. The shield enemy(ies) won't be dead, and as long as he's in the middle of the pack your cleave potential is sharply limited.

All of the problems with the hammer can be worked with / around, but it is by no means a perfect weapon.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Vermintide 2: *heavy sarcasm*

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Indeed, Saltz is significantly more tolerant and self-aware

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

really digging this two hander illusion for Saltzpyre. Too bad his greatsword isn't versatile enough to use all of the time. :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Then perhaps what we need are more class exclusive weapons? Not necessarily better ones, but something interesting to say you have to play X to have fun with it.
Yes but the game would always be improved with more weapons.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
More weapons and more maps with more Skaven on them. Thank you and sigmar preserve or whatever

NeurosisHead posted:

really digging this two hander illusion for Saltzpyre. Too bad his greatsword isn't versatile enough to use all of the time. :(

This is the ideal melee weapon. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Why are so many bad Siennas playing all of a sudden.

PSA: If you are playing Sienna, you do have a melee weapon and while I understand you could hypothetically beam everything to death on your own barring disabling specials, I'd prefer you maybe use your cool dagger once in a while rather than killing me. This is impressive considering how much FF was reduced.

Namaste.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ugh, I hosed my group out of a grim by hitting Leap to proc the attack speed buff on that big ramp leading to the final area of Into the Nest, and the loving physics bug lifted me all the way to the top where a swarm of rats and a ratling gun were waiting. This loving game, man.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

A MIRACLE posted:

is this game fun

The game has been out for a month yet multiple game-breaking bugs are still not fixed and developers clearly have no idea what made first one work. It's fun in a sick horrible Stockhom syndrome "but they will fix it, right?" way.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Mendrian posted:

Why are so many bad Siennas playing all of a sudden.

PSA: If you are playing Sienna, you do have a melee weapon and while I understand you could hypothetically beam everything to death on your own barring disabling specials, I'd prefer you maybe use your cool dagger once in a while rather than killing me. This is impressive considering how much FF was reduced.

Namaste.

This has always been the case.

Like Sienna is absurd in melee, and if you combine her talents in interesting ways you can make her into a monster.

But nope, literally every pubbie is beam staff/throwing rando fireballs into the abyss. Then standing there like an idiot not doing anything while they wait for overcharge to go back down.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
There is absolutely nothing to hate about Ranger Bardin. He's an amazing toolkit full of options to clutch for your team at will. Put pressure exactly where is needed when it's needed, and the short bastard can even set up his own traps thanks to bombs, stealth, and exploding jugs. Helps that the 1H hammer is absolutely incredible as a weapon.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
One thing I need to remember when playing Ranger Bardin is that despite being a dwarf, he's actually pretty brittle since he's the ranged class. Even a zombie whack hurts bad on Champion.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Played with a Sienna who was blasting her team enough that two of us stopped to be like "hey you know there's friendly fire, right?"

We were informed that we were "retards" and that the proper method to play is to stand aside and let Sienna do all the killing, only intervening when there's a horde.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

chesnok posted:

The game has been out for a month yet multiple game-breaking bugs are still not fixed and developers clearly have no idea what made first one work. It's fun in a sick horrible Stockhom syndrome "but they will fix it, right?" way.

Source your quotes.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

chesnok posted:

Pessimism and anger over buying a half finished product aside, they probably will. FastShark stuck with VT1 through the impossible, and they're proving now they've not let success with VT2 go to their head. The game has been out long enough to point at a regular record of significant balance and fix updates. FatShark isn't one to just put up it's heels so it'll keep improving from here. This is the kind of game I would recommend to people to wait a month or two to buy then go all in on playing it.

toasterwarrior posted:

One thing I need to remember when playing Ranger Bardin is that despite being a dwarf, he's actually pretty brittle since he's the ranged class. Even a zombie whack hurts bad on Champion.
Luckily his weapons are pretty good at keeping him safe. Just don't get too reckless with the INFINITE POWER of the 1H Hammer.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Played with a Sienna who was blasting her team enough that two of us stopped to be like "hey you know there's friendly fire, right?"

We were informed that we were "retards" and that the proper method to play is to stand aside and let Sienna do all the killing, only intervening when there's a horde.

It is going to be very cathartic and hilarious when they eventually nerf a lot of her staffs. I went into Sienna focusing on melee, and the synergy of each of her trees is focused around boosting melee. And some of those boosts are really really intense. Yet nobody touches half of it. Nobody knows half of it exists. Even out of the Unchained, Pyro is a crit machine, and can do really really absurd things. I doubt Fatshark even realizes how broken a lot of her melee stuff can be.

Meanwhile on Reddit we have dozens of Sienna posters saying they can't touch beamstaff, because if beamstaff goes away, none of the other staffs are nearly as good and the class will be ruined/unplayable.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Flamestorm redesign when? WHEN?

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Pessimism and anger over buying a half finished product aside, they probably will.

I've paid for my sandwich and it tastes like poo poo. I don't really care if chef made great sandwiches in the past, the current one is poo poo and it doesn't show much signs of improving.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

chesnok posted:

I've paid for my sandwich and it tastes like poo poo. I don't really care if chef made great sandwiches in the past, the current one is poo poo and it doesn't show much signs of improving.

lol chill out beavis

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man, when will people learn that rushing the cart into the manor on Empire in Flames is a bad loving idea, especially on Champ. Let the Chaos dudes come in first, you don't need the specials returning plus the Skaven horde at the gates to complicate matters.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
idk I think this sandwich tastes pretty good. i dont think theres anything game breaking in this game which is ultimately a non-competitive pve

in closing, i would buy this sandwich for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

chesnok posted:

Source quotes etc