Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh my god, that song was gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

sexpig by night posted:

Yea I love that the rule seems to be 'we'll let you try to make your lazy/slightly offensive stereotype work, but if it falls flat we're gonna spend the rest of the show dunking on you'.
The moral ultimately being you should always go for the Italian voice.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Or snagglepuss!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Ben only knowing five voices is the best. Laughing right now just at the thought of Dave asking for something refined and menacing, only for Ben to launch into his Droopy voice.

Its also what's responsible for the now established canon that everyone from Baldur's Gate sounds South African.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I miss the droopy gnomes.

You
Oct 6, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

While Freezo may be the obvious pariah of the group, I am enjoying how Philge goes out of her way to invent the most creatively unhelpful thing she can think of to do with her actions. Poor meegan

"Me become what me always hate: Freezo!"

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Found this podcast last week and just finishing up Season 2; it's super entertaining. I think a big part of it is the DM not being uptight about stupid ideas and just being like "okay, roll for it then" and only really putting his foot down when bits are running too long.

Not Operator posted:

Ben only knowing five voices is the best. Laughing right now just at the thought of Dave asking for something refined and menacing, only for Ben to launch into his Droopy voice.

his Bogan Vampire was amazing and pretty much what id expect from a Borderlands villain

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Just started Season 3 after a long break. Inviting an audience member up on stage to play Freezo only to have him instantly open fire...

Freezo’s gotta Freezo.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

New episode very good.

"Speaking 10 to 10" made me laugh out loud.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I love the implication that it's only a matter of time until the entire cast becomes characters in the fictional world.

Montaigne might be my new favorite guest.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
I'm listening through the first three seasons again and the first appearance of Johnny Playstation is still one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Calexio posted:

I'm listening through the first three seasons again and the first appearance of Johnny Playstation is still one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

dave's increasing frustration as tom walker just keeps going and going is easily one of the best moments in the show

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

In case anyone hasn't seen it, there's limited video of that encounter here:
https://www.facebook.com/thedragonfriends/videos/1886264548323945/

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Is Alex gone for good or just touring or something? I miss Philge.

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight

Hughlander posted:

Is Alex gone for good or just touring or something? I miss Philge.

Seems like she'll be back in the next episode!

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/983531721546121216

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Can’t wait to see what powerful position of authority she’s stumbled into this time

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Alex being gone for a couple of episodes sucked for sure, but it was interesting that somebody else playing Philge remembered her barbarian rage, and Alex never has. It's very funny to me that somebody always has to ask her "Is Philge mad about anything?"

Also, just finally caught up over the weekend, and Demi Lardner was my favorite special guest in a long while, and I hope that wasn't the last we see of Austin.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Now second screen the entire stream of annihilation you fuckers.

Or rip the audio and listen to it like I think someone official said they were planing to do at one point.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I still haven't done the second season of ToA yet. I watched the marathon and the last episode in full, but the others I've only passively listened to.

Also, I assumed Baston getting sucked into the vortex meant Edan was going to be absent for the next show, but apparently they were taking suggestions on Facebook for a substitute character for him.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Thanks thread, this show is hilarious. Philge rules.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

SpacePig posted:

Alex being gone for a couple of episodes sucked for sure, but it was interesting that somebody else playing Philge remembered her barbarian rage, and Alex never has.
One day we will hear what Spell One actually is.

(Pretty sure she cast Spell Two that one time. Oh well, 50/50 shot)

(We're never going to hear what Spell One actually is)

SpacePig posted:

Also, just finally caught up over the weekend, and Demi Lardner was my favorite special guest in a long while, and I hope that wasn't the last we see of Austin.
I'm loving the outright abrasiveness BigSoftTitty.png but holy cow, I would not fault anyone turning it off in the span of about 30 seconds. It's a very in-or-out situation.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Spell One is revealed during Tomb of Annihilation season 2. Dave picked out a very, very good spell for her.

I love both Demi and Tom on both Dragon Friends and FTAGH, but bigsoftitty.png doesn't hold my interest. I need more to a podcast than just generic comedians talking to each other.

e: didn't mean that as "generic comedians" "talking to each other" so much as "generic" "comedians talking to each other"

inthesto fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 12, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inthesto posted:

Spell One is revealed during Tomb of Annihilation season 2. Dave picked out a very, very good spell for her.

I love both Demi and Tom on both Dragon Friends and FTAGH, but bigsoftitty.png doesn't hold my interest. I need more to a podcast than just generic comedians talking to each other.

please, it's more like a queer lady and a mime behaving like hyper children to each other

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Just finishing up season 3 now, and I really like how Hing has corrupted everyone. Earlier in the show it was more about "Try and prevent Freezo from killing every NPC while we try to follow Dave's narrative" and now it's completely shifted to "Let's kill/rob/kidnap any NPC that interferes with the goofy roleplay we're trying to do while Dave tries to wrap the narrative around to make it fit"

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Listening to Free To A Good Home has done a lot to answer the question Dragon Friends constantly presents: Why Is Hing?

The anecdote from the most recent episode about his teacher who wrote erotic poetry about the Pride & Prejudice cast drinking piss was... a thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Not Operator posted:

Now second screen the entire stream of annihilation you fuckers.

Or rip the audio and listen to it like I think someone official said they were planing to do at one point.

None of those videos work.

Cucpake
Feb 8, 2014
So I've been relistening to the Montaigne song and does anyone think it may be prophetic? It's about an ousted ruler wanting to reclaim their throne and using a rose as a metaphor. Or am I reading way too much into a song that is just too good for this podcast? Probably the latter.
Hope we get more songs though.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

None of those videos work.

They seem fine from here, but in case they're still not working:

Episode 0 - Filmed live at the D&D Stream of Annihilation event in Seattle.
Playlist - The remainder of the episodes, filmed above a pub in Australia somewhere. Includes some intermediate Q&A sessions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Not Operator posted:

They seem fine from here, but in case they're still not working:

Episode 0 - Filmed live at the D&D Stream of Annihilation event in Seattle.
Playlist - The remainder of the episodes, filmed above a pub in Australia somewhere. Includes some intermediate Q&A sessions.

Talking about the Season 2 ones sorry..

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Talking about the Season 2 ones sorry..

Oh yeah, looks like the VODs have started being deleted. I didn't think Twitch did that for big channels like the D&D one.
They're in that youtube playlist still, at least.

e: though I get maybe its less fun without being able to watch the nerds in live chat lose their minds.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Their Patreon just updated for the first time in a while, and it's an amusing series of answering machine messages dreams from Robbie Silver to Freezo. It's mostly callbacks to seasons 1 and 2, but the most amusing part is that it's never clear just what Robbie is actually booking Freezo to do.

Also, I've been relistening to season 3, and I bizarrely have two plot-related questions:

- In Girlfriends (3.02), Simon deduced that the goblin from their jail who shows up at the concert works for Voss-Saito. How did he manage to figure this out?
- In I've Never Seen A Gooch (3.04), Glitter Gleam's note at the end is signed by "D". Do we ever figure out who D is?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I just got to the end of season three and holy poo poo everything about that villain reveal.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Strahd?
When that happened I made some sorta noise I cannot explain. I'm just happy I was not in public.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Inzombiac posted:

Strahd?
When that happened I made some sorta noise I cannot explain. I'm just happy I was not in public.

That's season 2. Season three is everyone fighting the greatest horror of the world, Micheal Hing. The Apotheosis of Johnny Playstation.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just got to the end of season three and holy poo poo everything about that villain reveal.

Holy poo poo I reached the Season 3 reveal yesterday while I was out running errands and said "What....the gently caress Dave?" at the same time as the players did.

"Dave, are you- are you making me kill myself and my friends right now? Dave?"

I kinda wish Freezo had taken the deal, just to see what it did to the podcast. Hing was already having trouble wrapping his head around Freezo killing people in a world where he (Hing) exists, the mindfuck of him being forced to play as an older version of himself might have broken him.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

LentThem posted:

Holy poo poo I reached the Season 3 reveal yesterday while I was out running errands and said "What....the gently caress Dave?" at the same time as the players did.

"Dave, are you- are you making me kill myself and my friends right now? Dave?"

I kinda wish Freezo had taken the deal, just to see what it did to the podcast. Hing was already having trouble wrapping his head around Freezo killing people in a world where he (Hing) exists, the mindfuck of him being forced to play as an older version of himself might have broken him.

that reveal was one of the best things they've ever done (all of the other best things are johnny platstation)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a crush on Alex Lee. She's the most interesting roleplayer, I think. Philge is maybe the only idiot barbarian I've seen that comes from such a lovable yet misguided maternal instinct.

So drat good.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I love her dedication to making weapons out of found objects. It was very funny to me when Dave rp'ed as her in the episode for last and had her actually use her mace instead of picking up a chair and breaking into pieces to use as throwing darts or something.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I think it was a tomb of annihilation stream where she decided putting a human skull on each fist would make her punch harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
I get the impression that Alex is missing the plot as much/as often as Hing is, but she covers it by just saying something hilarious and super random while Hing is just really confident about what he thinks is going on.

DM: As you rush into the security room of the hotel, the guards watching the security monitor turn to look at you in surprise and reach for their batons.
Philge: Oh I'm in a hotel?
DM: ....yes remember you were following the goblin Frandoo-
Philge: *interrupts* I kick over the monitor and I yell "TV bad for eyes, go play outside!" ...and then I grab a doughnut
DM: Um, okay-
Philge: Can I grab a doughnut? Do I roll for it?