Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hope we never find out what happened to Jonas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I hope they never stop talking about and showing hosed up poo poo from the team venture days though.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I hope they never stop talking about and showing hosed up poo poo from the team venture days though.

Not today, Rusty. Not today....

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

bye bye giorgios!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

feedmyleg posted:

I just don't want to still be anticipating new episodes when I'm 40.

Too late for me :(

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The way the story's been going, they could very easily bring everything to a very satisfying conclusion in a season. It'd probably be much better to wrap it up instead of insisting that it's still going despite not being willing to allocate enough resources to actually produce it.

Or maybe in the grand scheme of things, that's just another one of Adult Swim's jokes. It fits their sense of humor.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
2003 folks. this show started in the year of our Lord 2003...

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The one answer I want is why the monarch hates rusty.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

two-parter finale to find jonas venture and they find colonel lloyd venture still alive, instead

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I hooked up with a girl once during a Venture Brothers season 1 marathon.

We’re celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary next month.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Ballz posted:

I hooked up with a girl once during a Venture Brothers season 1 marathon.

We’re celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary next month.

:wow:

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

A conventional ending where things are wrapped up wouldn't work with the show's Shandyesque realism. The finales of seasons 4 and 5 could have both worked as endings because they're points of transition, but there will never be a moment where the world stops for a minute. It's a radio serial we started in the middle of and will tune out before the end.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I say keep it going forever at least until they stop paying you but put more episodic poo poo in. Hell do that in your storyline's off season

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Like with other pieces of media that go on hiatus for extremely long periods of time, I just assume the show's cancelled every time a season ends so that I'm pleasantly surprised when a new season actually comes out.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I think the new season starts in November

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Microcline posted:

A conventional ending where things are wrapped up wouldn't work with the show's Shandyesque realism. The finales of seasons 4 and 5 could have both worked as endings because they're points of transition, but there will never be a moment where the world stops for a minute. It's a radio serial we started in the middle of and will tune out before the end.

Obviously, a conventional ending wouldn't work, and they don't need to actually end the plots (even though one or two might be satisfying). They can wrap up the characters though: Rusty comes to term with the life he's been forced into, the boys strike out on their own, etc.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'd love for them to wrap all the story line character development up in the first half of the new season and go back to one shot themed episodes so if the show gets axed it won't be a big issue about anything being unresolved.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
All I want out of the ending is for them to close it in an emotionally-satisfying way while also implying that these lovable assholes will keep on doing this nonsense for the rest of their lives.

I hate it when a final episode of a show feels like they're closing off the universe or bringing and end to the conflicts in a way that would never happen in life.

Does anyone know if they've ever spoken about whether or not they have an ending of the series in mind?

revolther
May 27, 2008
The whole show should end on like a pullback revealing it was all a long monologue by The Tick where he got distracted and started illustrating a point about sciencey goodness with a Rusty Venture doll or otherwise started mashing action figures together.

"Oh we were just goofballs this whole time, you guys put way too much thought into it."

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Personally, I hope that I can show the premiere of Season 12 to my grandchildren in the far off year of 2067.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

StalkofWheat posted:

Personally, I hope that I can show the premiere of Season 12 to my grandchildren in the far off year of 2067.

By then the pendulum will have swung and where millenials demand humor be dark and absurd, your grandchildren will find venture bros insufficiently lighthearted and wholesome

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
We're not far off from the show being older than Hank and Dean.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I love this show. I love every single character on this show except maybe Unterbheit - he's kinda meh. I love how the show is at once hilarious, sad, touching, clever, and more. It's a comedy that can make me feel more than many dramas.
I don't like the wait between seasons, but I'd rather a long wait than no season at all. I can't imagine the time will come when Doc and Publick want to put out a new season, and I will be uninterested in watching it.

Dunno why so many folks want it to end.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I love this show. I love every single character on this show except maybe Unterbheit - he's kinda meh. I love how the show is at once hilarious, sad, touching, clever, and more. It's a comedy that can make me feel more than many dramas.
I don't like the wait between seasons, but I'd rather a long wait than no season at all. I can't imagine the time will come when Doc and Publick want to put out a new season, and I will be uninterested in watching it.

Dunno why so many folks want it to end.

Pretty much how I feel. I love the density of it too, how layered it is and how much the fine details reward rewatching.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I just want to say that I love Hatred.

My friends hate Hatred and it makes me sad. :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Master Twig posted:

We're not far off from the show being older than Hank and Dean.

Curiosity killed more than the cat.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, Unterbheit is the only reason I have trouble going back and watching some of the earlier episodes. He's just not very funny or interesting.

I'd also maybe add in St. Cloud as a character I don't care for, but he just makes Pete and Billy look more pathetic so I'm good with him.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I think the new season starts in November

Look at this cutie.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, Unterbheit is the only reason I have trouble going back and watching some of the earlier episodes. He's just not very funny or interesting.

I'd also maybe add in St. Cloud as a character I don't care for, but he just makes Pete and Billy look more pathetic so I'm good with him.

“Eat the pennies, Quizboy”
“So what? So you’ll poop pennies.”

He’s worth it for that exchange alone. Also the entire spanikopita episode and t-shirt.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

All I want out of the ending is for them to close it in an emotionally-satisfying way while also implying that these lovable assholes will keep on doing this nonsense for the rest of their lives.

Oh, sorry, you're looking for the Season IV finale. I'm afraid they're fresh out of that at the moment.

Seriously, that's probably the best ending to any episode of any show ever, and it fits this bill perfectly. Even the music is amazing.

feedmyleg posted:

Does anyone know if they've ever spoken about whether or not they have an ending of the series in mind?

I don't remember them saying anything about it. But again, they already used the perfect ending. I love this show more than any other, and I love the writing, but I just don't see how they'll top Operation: PROM.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Doctor Syrup posted:

He's not all bad; he just needs someone to believe in him. Can't they give Hatred a chance?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

tarlibone posted:

Oh, sorry, you're looking for the Season IV finale. I'm afraid they're fresh out of that at the moment.

Seriously, that's probably the best ending to any episode of any show ever, and it fits this bill perfectly. Even the music is amazing.

I don't remember them saying anything about it. But again, they already used the perfect ending. I love this show more than any other, and I love the writing, but I just don't see how they'll top Operation: PROM.

The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings (Futurama), All Good Things (Star Trek TNG) and Operation: PROM are probably the best series finales ever made, and only one of them actually wound up being a series finale.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings (Futurama), All Good Things (Star Trek TNG) and Operation: PROM are probably the best series finales ever made, and only one of them actually wound up being a series finale.

One of the Futurama writers wrote FOUR series finales for that show, and only the last one stuck (for now ...)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd be partial to an ending where things were going down but the episode implied things were improving, where we just wouldn't happen to see how things got better and where they went next.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Barkeep! Where's that suffering bastard?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm LOOKING AT IM

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I am sad I can't watch Mid Life Chrysalis because my DVD season 1 disc is all corrupted.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Doctor Syrup posted:

Same he’s one of my favorites actually.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Pick posted:

Same he’s one of my favorites actually.

All the screentime he got in the last season really added to his character. If you only watch the older seasons he's a joke, but I think he's a slightly better person now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The best character is sky pilot