Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Same, I have a report due tommorrow. Doesnt syfy put it up on their website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Same, I have a report due tommorrow. Doesnt syfy put it up on their website?

A report... on The Expanse?

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Firefly really stood out at the time. It had (relatively) interesting characters, punchy dialogue, and the setting is still cool and well realized. The plot wasn't really great and I don't think I'd enjoy watching it today but when you think about movies and especially tv shows you gotta put them in the context they came out of.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

A report... on The Expanse?

on queen christina of sweden, actually, but its probably gonna eat my time tonight.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phi230 posted:

The season premiers today my dudes

I'm pumped as gently caress my man. Probably won't livepost cuz I might be probed but man once I'm back... I'll have some opinions.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

on queen christina of swedenChrisjen of the UNN, actually, but its probably gonna eat my time tonight.

ftfy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

christina was more of a dipshit failson type, basically holden except even more stupidly arrogant

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dog nougat posted:

Any word on episode availability for non tv havers? I really wanna watch this tonight but I'm guessing at best it'll be available on Amazon tomorrow.

If you buy the season pass on Amazon or iTunes it should drop at 12 AM PDT.

E: yeah and it should be on SyFy website day after as well (not sure of exact time), but it will be the dubbed/edited for TV version.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 11, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Thirty minutes until we crush rear end to dust!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Proteus Jones posted:

If you buy the season pass on Amazon or iTunes it should drop at 12 AM PDT.

E: yeah and it should be on SyFy website day after as well (not sure of exact time), but it will be the dubbed/edited for TV version.

I'll be in this boat, catching everything a day late. That 12 AN PDT is just a couple hours later than it needs to be.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Thirty minutes until we crush rear end to dust!

I'd tag team rear end-to-dust crushing with Diogo any day

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Yay Bobbie! :peanut:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
"Well done, madam." :hai:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Drummer is such a badass. That is all

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I'll be in this boat, catching everything a day late. That 12 AN PDT is just a couple hours later than it needs to be.

This is so drat lame. Ash vs Evil Dead goes up at midnight before broadcast, why can't every show? Cmon syfy, embrace the future!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am glad this show is back.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
So, this might be a stupid question seeing as you're all probably Americans but any word on when this season will hit Netflix? (I'm in the UK and season 1-2 are on it here)

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
The Razorback's paintjob is rad, I love the ship designs on this show. Someone please gif the lights coming on scene.

We were saying it towards the end of S2 but it bears repeating; Bobbie is way better now that she's been cured of space racism.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hitch your tits and pucker up, it's time to peel the paint.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Couldn't help but notice the opening credits had been subtly updated (p.big book spoiler hint): the last planet before the title is very clearly blue.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

https://twitter.com/ExpanseSYFY/status/984279440686333953

https://twitter.com/ExpanseSYFY/status/984250230681063425

https://twitter.com/ExpanseSYFY/status/984283215438364673

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 12, 2018

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So glad to have this show back. Everything on Mao's yacht was a lot of fun. Cotyar and Bobbie are great together. Cotyar in particular, he didn't leave any impression on me in the books, but he's just so drat charming here.

I'm not happy to see this level of drama on the Rocinante again. It makes sense given the plot and characters and honestly doesn't seem that forced given the situation they were all in... but it's just not as fun to watch as people getting along, with the intra-crew conflict being friendly (or even heated) sniping about what approach to take. Bobbie/Avasarala/Cotyar/Bulkhead boy were a more fun crew to spend time with this episode.

Though I still enjoyed Prax. He's always great, even when things are really heavy for him.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 12, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi I am very behind but this new season kicks rear end so far I got caught up in a long extended rant about WoC in science fiction media and how sad I was there was no Drummer merch I could buy watching the season premier

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It seems like poor design for power armor to have a several seconds long gap before switching to backup batteries. You could say it switches off non-critical systems, but that means there's been some embarrassing moments of marines floating helplessly during a boarding action.

Regardless it's so good to have this show back. Glad to see Bobbie getting more power armor action even if it's still not as rad as it was in the book.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amos and I have the same grinder discipline.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
It's great how Bobbie and Avasarala's roles have flipped now we've gone from UN negotiations to gunfights and High G burns

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Eiba posted:

I'm not happy to see this level of drama on the Rocinante again. It makes sense given the plot and characters and honestly doesn't seem that forced given the situation they were all in... but it's just not as fun to watch as people getting along, with the intra-crew conflict being friendly (or even heated) sniping about what approach to take. Bobbie/Avasarala/Cotyar/Bulkhead boy were a more fun crew to spend time with this episode.

Same.

I liked that they didn't shorten the burn time for the missiles, and allowed space combat to be too far away to see both ships at once. (Unlike the scene over Ganymede--although arguably what we were seeing there was a tactical display somewhere and not to size or time scale)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If I remember right the battle at Ganymede is supposed to be a weird close range engagement, because there were all these ships hanging around threatening each other until one took a potshot and all hell broke loose. It wasn't a normal battle.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp, just woke up and watched ep1. So glad this show's back. Did some poo poo around the house and gonna rewatch the episode. Marginally annoyed that I have to wait a whole week to get the next episode. I want instant gratification dammit :bahgawd:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i've never been so teased to see holden repeatedly starting scenes by himself

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
That was one shoddy rear end coffee machine and I would expect better from Martian industry. :colbert:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
You'd think so, yeah. I rationalized it as being so flimsy cuz it's a warship and the weight priorities are into weapons and crew survivability, plus the whole concept of conservation of limited resources. I imagine the Epstein drive somewhat negates the need for all out weight savings though.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

would an object that has to endure many acceleration/deceleration burns and changes in momentum not have to be at least somewhat sturdy to not fall apart from stresses?

Maybe Holden's got internal power armor?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Was this show given just truckloads of cash for their effects budget? Because that first scene of all those ships above planets, especially the Martian atmosphere’s refraction. So good.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

Was this show given just truckloads of cash for their effects budget? Because that first scene of all those ships above planets, especially the Martian atmosphere’s refraction. So good.
I hated it. The Expanse‘s realness comes from things being confusing and having HARD SCI-FI NO SOUND IN SPACE tattooed on its forehead. This one looked like Star Wars, and not the „everything is rusty“ parts

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:nallears:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Why would you have rust in space if there’s no oxygen or water?

Asking for a friend

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cingulate posted:

I hated it. The Expanse‘s realness comes from things being confusing and having HARD SCI-FI NO SOUND IN SPACE tattooed on its forehead. This one looked like Star Wars, and not the „everything is rusty“ parts

Go back to Minmatar space

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
My only problem with last night's episode is that it ended. loving loved it even the drama on the Roci because it felt earned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I really like Prax Meng, and I want him to be a good guy, but he's a scumbag for hiding the protomolecule on the ship :(