Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cant cook creole bream posted:

I mean, her general point still stands. People are precious and important, no matter how much they talk themselves down. And she certainly deserves to be happy without having to fake a good mood, or giving up her dreams and personality to please others. She's a good kid, who strives to do the right thing, because she likes the world around her and sees potential in the little things. I hope she'll realize how her attempts to make the world a better place might actually come from a place of love, rather than from self deceit.

But her retort was just awful. I tend to just toss bananas if I don't get to eat them the first day. They get mushy, start to smell and taste way to much like sweet vomit afterwards.

EDIT: Huh, I never knew I had such strong opinions about bananas. Thanks for making me realize an important and correct aspect of my character. I will treasure this and will probably never change my mind about that.

This poo poo is bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

Anyway, nthing the whole "holy poo poo this hits close to home" vibe. I can't tell you how much I hated my habitual niceness as a teenager, and it really feels real seeing it in a character. A+ writing.

Sadly, I can't say the same because I was an rear end in a top hat teenager so self-centered it crossed the line into solipsism. I never talked loud to myself like this for example, and even my thoughts were mostly centered around myself. It took embarrassingly long for me to "get" that there were other real people out there besides me. It does remind me of the incredible guilt and depression I got after I realized I had spend most of my childhood going through life like some sort of evil robot.

Aside from the depression, I also observed enough people to recognize this weird real-feeling thing in the writing. Now that I've written this down, I also realize that in some weird meta-fashion, it does hits close to home, even though my personal experience was wildly different. Well poo poo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Libluini posted:

Sadly, I can't say the same because I was an rear end in a top hat teenager so self-centered it crossed the line into solipsism. I never talked loud to myself like this for example, and even my thoughts were mostly centered around myself. It took embarrassingly long for me to "get" that there were other real people out there besides me. It does remind me of the incredible guilt and depression I got after I realized I had spend most of my childhood going through life like some sort of evil robot.

Aside from the depression, I also observed enough people to recognize this weird real-feeling thing in the writing. Now that I've written this down, I also realize that in some weird meta-fashion, it does hits close to home, even though my personal experience was wildly different. Well poo poo.

only children should be banned and yet I also want there to be less people in the world so ????

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Libluini posted:

After one day??? Is your fridge broken, do you live directly on the equator, what is happening here???

Maybe they're allergic to fruit flies?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Banana bread is gross. And all bananas which aren't kind of green anymore are as well. Sorry Pasquallo.

Are you having constant mudbutt or something because this is not only insane but it's actually bad

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

sexpig by night posted:

Are you having constant mudbutt or something because this is not only insane but it's actually bad

In what universe?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't like bananas, I don't eat them.

Banana bread is good tho.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Banana bread is gross. And all bananas which aren't kind of green anymore are as well. Sorry Pasquallo.

the wrongest post

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Forum people bewildered that forum user named "can't cook" has weird opinions about food.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Libluini posted:

After one day??? Is your fridge broken, do you live directly on the equator, what is happening here???

Don't put bananas in the fridge; their tropically-bred cell walls can't stand even slightly low temperatures, so they either never ripen or immediately over-ripen, depending on their level of ripeness when fridged.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Good rule of thumb for fruits and veg: If something's fine sitting room temperature for however long in the store, it's fine sitting out on the counter.

Some of those things might also be fine in the fridge, but it's not a given.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Also bread actually goes stale faster in the fridge; if you absolutely want to preserve it, freeze it, and then thaw it out slowly in the oven.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Don't put bananas in the fridge; their tropically-bred cell walls can't stand even slightly low temperatures, so they either never ripen or immediately over-ripen, depending on their level of ripeness when fridged.

Yeah, but not in a single day. I eat bananas quite often, and take about 2-3 days to eat every banana I bought, and I never had them over-ripen to the point where I would have to throw them away. (Also I'm a weirdo who likes his fruit cold.)

I had actually more trouble with strawberries ripening too fast in the fridge, those I have to eat in under 2 days or the fruits are too far gone

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

Forum people bewildered that forum user named "can't cook" has weird opinions about food.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I can honestly say I've never argued with my reflection over whether or not I'm awful.

Because my reflection always agrees with me. :smith:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There’s a bird that spends every day lately having a flap fight with another bird that’s really just my window

I’m like yeah beat the poo poo out of him bird, you know what I heard him saying last night?

E: meant to say slap fight but gently caress it, this works way better

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/985733029556449280

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gob, I believe you'll find the term is 'clussy'.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Does anyone feel like transcribing that bubble for mobile users?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Edit: misunderstood the question

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

Does anyone feel like transcribing that bubble for mobile users?

You mean the last one? It says

"Aw, naw. I'm Robert. Your brain made me up; I don't even exist outside of here. You could say... I'm the guy of your dreams! But if that's too much, you can say I'm a guy in your dreams. Anyway, sick lookin' castle! You think they got peas in there? I don't know why, but I'm in the mood for peas. One time me and my girlfriend went to a Chinese place and I hid a bunch of peas in my mouth and long after we paid the bill and left, I spit them out in her hand. Totes funny, totes.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TwoPair posted:

You mean the last one? It says

"Aw, naw. I'm Robert. Your brain made me up; I don't even exist outside of here. You could say... I'm the guy of your dreams! But if that's too much, you can say I'm a guy in your dreams. Anyway, sick lookin' castle! You think they got peas in there? I don't know why, but I'm in the mood for peas. One time me and my girlfriend went to a Chinese place and I hid a bunch of peas in my mouth and long after we paid the bill and left, I spit them out in her hand. Totes funny, totes.

Thanks!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

subtle marketing for Gob's new line of BUTT shirts

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Can confirm, spitting peas at your GF is pro as hell

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
yeah it's clussy

there are various sexy pennywise memes that confuse the hell out of me

edit: here's the post from PYF in February that I was thinking of, specifically the last one in this was what came to mind

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/986455335257833472?s=21

As an aside, I for some reason really like the “shooka shooka” sound effect.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone's a Paranatural fan judging by the chapter title

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I guess Pasqdad is not permanently tiny, then.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'd say her dad definitely wrote "Pasqs loving lunch" on the bag but that would imply that he'd go out of his way to do anything for her, so I guess she wrote it on her own lunch.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone's a Paranatural fan judging by the chapter title
Little do we know that means this chapter is going to take 4+ years to complete. :v:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I'd say her dad definitely wrote "Pasqs loving lunch" on the bag but that would imply that he'd go out of his way to do anything for her, so I guess she wrote it on her own lunch.

We haven't seen what the lunch is yet. I bet it's something horrible.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Slime posted:

We haven't seen what the lunch is yet. I bet it's something horrible.

He farted in a bag, after inventing a bag that perfectly captures farts and looks like a regular brown paper bag.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ah, a fellow Thunderpants fan

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The goddamn sponge is dry!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/987180961841405952

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That latest comic is a work of art.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Noice

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dad would never buy Pasqualo a new book, who is this imposter?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Could someone make a gif of those thinkin' Pasq panels on the left side?