Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Seams posted:

Dave denying that he's not in love with Ronda was amazing.

Every night before he goes to sleep, Dave dramatically points at the framed picture of Ronda that's hanging in his bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave complaining about how much he hated dealing with Ronda in the past was always a good time.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Dave: I don’t wanna, you know, threaten violence on people or anything, but my initial reaction would be to threaten violence on em!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave was really funny on the most recent observer radio, insisting that no way jose is jon jones in disguise and telling bryan he won't get mad if he says tournament when referring to wwe's "tag team eliminator"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dave: "You don't need, like, a bracket if there's only 4 teams"
Bryan: "I want a bracket if there's only TWO teams!"
Dave: "That's just a match, though..."

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Cardboard Box posted:

dave was really funny on the most recent observer radio, insisting that no way jose is jon jones in disguise and telling bryan he won't get mad if he says tournament when referring to wwe's "tag team eliminator"

He was so sassy throughout, it was great.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
He's just riding high for goading them into taking a dump on TNA during Raw.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"The Alberto el Patron of MMA" was the best Conor description yet.
:cocaine:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I had to jump back just to confirm Dave literally did say,"Wowie-Kazowie" and he absolutely did :vince:

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Just heard Teddy Hart on the latest Talk Is Jericho and holy poo poo, he's like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I had to jump back just to confirm Dave literally did say,"Wowie-Kazowie" and he absolutely did :vince:

Hahaha I nominated that in the boards best of 18 thread

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is F4W doing anything for Larry Sweeney today?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Warthur posted:

Just heard Teddy Hart on the latest Talk Is Jericho and holy poo poo, he's like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.

I'll take any excuse to post this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3YgpUgQ980

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Warthur posted:

His speaks basically non-stop for like 15 minutes and casually drops so much insane poo poo that it really is something that must be heard.

It's definitely the most pro-steroid interview in wrestling podcast history.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

His speaks basically non-stop for like 15 minutes and casually drops so much insane poo poo that it really is something that must be heard.

Why the hell would Jericho decide to have him on in the first place, he sounded like he was being held at knife point the whol.... oh

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'll take any excuse to post this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3YgpUgQ980

I forgot he randomly decided he was going to tell the story of how he was arrested for rape almost unprompted.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The look of "Oh god, what have I done" on Chucks' face at various points is amazing. I remember PSP watched that video as a group and we were stunned at just how hosed up the the whole video is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
New episode is up! Lots of politics in this one, backstage leaks and someone conspiring to influence Dixie!

https://twitter.com/MonumentalPod/status/984234823916154880

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

honest question, why is Hulkamatt always so confused? I honestly wonder if he just isn't listening to you sometimes :v:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Berzerker posted:

honest question, why is Hulkamatt always so confused? I honestly wonder if he just isn't listening to you sometimes :v:

I can't answer that, it's his podcast now.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

He just motors along about how he's not on drugs at all aside from weed but definitely not meth or coke oh and also he's been juicing constantly since he was a teenager but that's fine he should be able to piss clean for WWE and and and and and...

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Prichard did a ~20 minute Q&A about it:

* They (Bruce/Conrad) have a contract with WWE but are not WWE employees
* Format will be the same as their audio podcast but 60-90 minutes on video instead of 3+ hours audio
* 13 episode run with possible renewal depending on popularity
* Implied that WWE will set the topics but no restrictions (including profanity and outside advertisements) on what is discussed re: that topic
* No current events, topics will be similar to the eras covered in the audio podcast
* Some of the topics will be 'deeper, focused dives' into content already covered on the audio podcast
* Likely that WWE will cut in video footage to match conversation, but not confirmed and unknown how much
* Audio podcast will continue as normal
* The first non-studio show on the Network, will be filmed in their respective home offices over Skype
* WWE approached Bruce/Conrad about the show, not sure if Vince has listened but many in the head office have
* First episode expected by the end of this month

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so Prichard went from intern shill to paid shill.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
conrad uses the observer and the torch as his sources. i wonder how that'll go on WWE tv.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Seams posted:

conrad uses the observer and the torch as his sources. i wonder how that'll go on WWE tv.

Probably pretty good since Bruce loves to poo poo on Meltzer and dirtsheets in general constantly

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Conrad uses the Observer as a shield from criticism. If he has a take that Pritchard or Schiavone doesn’t agree with, it’s not his thoughts, it’s Dave’s from 20 years ago.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

Conrad uses the Observer as a shield from criticism. If he has a take that Pritchard or Schiavone doesn’t agree with, it’s not his thoughts, it’s Dave’s from 20 years ago.

I think it’s more a source for applied agitation to get a reaction than a shield. Conrad doesn’t seem like he’s afraid to call Bruce out if he thinks he’s being a stooge or dodging a question

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I had a real bad backlog of podcasts from mania week so I deleted them all so I can catch up on the last 3 Monumental Podcasts

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

both warrior episodes are very good

who knew that just saying an email address would be so funny

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I am so excited to hear Jerry Jarretts Manifesto!

Side Note: Would anyone be interested in doing a podcast specifically about New Japan? I have a New Japan based Facebook page with like 700 followers so there is a good springboard for an audience. I currently do a non-wrestling Podcast so I have equipment, I can edit, etc.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Side Note: Would anyone be interested in doing a podcast specifically about New Japan? I have a New Japan based Facebook page with like 700 followers so there is a good springboard for an audience. I currently do a non-wrestling Podcast so I have equipment, I can edit, etc.

I am interested in hearing more. I do not have PMs and my voice is terrible.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SalTheBard posted:

How do you feel about a co-host who doesn't know poo poo about poo poo and is learning as he goes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

both warrior episodes are very good

who knew that just saying an email address would be so funny

I'm so glad I didn't stop recording before then.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

SalTheBard posted:

i've been a wrestling fan for two months and wrestlesplania already exists on that premise and i have a dumb voice, but i do like talking about wrestling and don't know any wrestling fans in real life :'(

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Hell, it’d give me an excuse to catch up on NJPW, so I’d be down with that as long as we could record on weekends.

e:

Gnossiennes posted:

i do like talking about wrestling and don't know any wrestling fans in real life :'(

same tbh

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

My problem with a lot of wrestling podcasts is they only focus on WWE and seem to only accept the version of history WWE puts out (unless you're a wrestling journalist, but only the hardest of hardcore listen to WOR or between the sheets). No one seems to care about Mexican wrestling outside of a small niche or any non-New Japan Japanese promotion, even if it's historically important like All Japan

Kudos to hulkamatt and massrafter for not being that way

ps talk about ring of glory

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Smoking Crow posted:

My problem with a lot of wrestling podcasts is they only focus on WWE and seem to only accept the version of history WWE puts out (unless you're a wrestling journalist, but only the hardest of hardcore listen to WOR or between the sheets). No one seems to care about Mexican wrestling outside of a small niche or any non-New Japan Japanese promotion, even if it's historically important like All Japan

This is why Between the Sheets is good. Using "this week in Year X" to go through the dirtsheets and talk through everyone from WWE to All Japan to Joel Goodhart's TWA and Stampede, assuming they are doing a week those indies actually exist. They clearly have a great passion for Memphis.

Though the major criticism I have is someone needs to take Bix's soundboard away from him.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

I mean if that's all they know can you blame them? They'd have to actively search it out during the years that it'd be harder to find than it is now. Without having that wrestling around during their early years it's not surprising that they don't have the same reverence for it as WWE.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Whenever I see a lucha match on an indy supershow or something I am amazed and want to see more. On the other hand, when I actually go out of my way to watch an actual show , what I get was that Triplemaina hosted by Matt Striker. That said, I did catch a couple of Atlantis mask matches and they were pretty drat decent, if still a little harder to get into due to the style than NJPW style stiff fests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I really want to know who was the one person that gave Takeover a thumbs down in the observer.