Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

In my experience the type of person who'd instigate a situation that led to such a scene is not often a great person to work with so you probably dodged a bullet. I hope you smiled back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

NumbersMatching320 posted:

In my experience the type of person who'd instigate a situation that led to such a scene is not often a great person to work with so you probably dodged a bullet. I hope you smiled back.

"How hey I know how this interview is going to go. Last time I saw you was being tazered on the sidewalk so yeah this isn't going to work out"

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

slurry_curry posted:

Should be interesting to make that flight with a ~5 month old baby....

Honestly probably a hell of a lot easier with a 5 month old than a toddler. At least they can't run around the cabin yet...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

"How hey I know how this interview is going to go. Last time I saw you was being tazered on the sidewalk so yeah this isn't going to work out"

I didn't even recognize him at first, he was the one who brought the entire thing up. But his memory of what went down is a bit different then what I recall.

I'm curious what the legal ramifications are if I let his coworkers know about his douchey past.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

My "interview" with him was pretty uncomfortable, he clearly remembers me as being the reason behind his arrest.

Sounds like he was the reason behind his arrest, not you.

Rhyno posted:

I'm curious what the legal ramifications are if I let his coworkers know about his douchey past.

Just don't. You want to avoid drama and dumb poo poo in your life? Then don't invite it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Larrymer posted:

Just don't. You want to avoid drama and dumb poo poo in your life? Then don't invite it.

Yeah holy poo poo this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah you're right. he main draw of the job was the ease of being hired, I was planned to start Monday. I'm not hurting financially yet so if something else comes through I might just pass on the company completely.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
bought me one of them new fangled fitbit versa's. I quite like it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Wait hold on. A fitbit themed versa, or is there a new fitbit called the versa?

e: just looked it up... thank god there's no fitbit themed nissan yet.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Adiabatic posted:

Just straight shoot me if I ever buy a modern Nissan econobox.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Adiabatic posted:

Wait hold on. A fitbit themed versa, or is there a new fitbit called the versa?

that could work tho, like you know how fitbits let you know you've been sitting too long and it's time to go run or stretch? My nissan did that by breaking

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 18, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Went to a range today and rented a gun, plinked some targets. First time at an indoor range, ran 200 through some paper, had some fun. Think I'll do it again in a few months, was a great way to get out of the house for like $25 (plus 50 for ammo, but whatever).

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Darchangel posted:

...seriously? They're going to let a personal vendetta from this guy be the deciding factor? I mean, I guess it would be awkward, but, man, that's unprofessional.

This is entirely consistent with my experience of how the world works.

Maksimus54 posted:

Honestly probably a hell of a lot easier with a 5 month old than a toddler. At least they can't run around the cabin yet...

Give the kid baby advil an hour before takeoff and an hour before landing. Give food or a bottle during takeoff and landing.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Went to a range today and rented a gun, plinked some targets. First time at an indoor range, ran 200 through some paper, had some fun. Think I'll do it again in a few months, was a great way to get out of the house for like $25 (plus 50 for ammo, but whatever).

I always enjoyed taking the .58 cal black powder rifle to the indoor range that allowed it. The other shooters would get fairly annoyed at the giant cloud of smoke (smokeless is a relative thing with that much powder going off).

In other news, the 'Give Lowtax Money' thread in GBS reminded me that after the idea of donating $10 per year I've been here came up and I said I'd do that... I went on vacation and completely forgot, so finally took care of that today.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh dear god I just found out that our 6-hour-long senior design showcase is gonna have our table stationed outdoors. With suit and tie required.

end me now

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 18, 2018

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

bought me one of them new fangled fitbit versa's. I quite like it.

Android or iPhone ecosystem?
I've got an iPhone, but considering the Versa against the Apple Watch Series 1. I actually like the Garmins, but the ones that actually look like watches start at about $300.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

builds character posted:

This is entirely consistent with my experience of how the world works.

Yeah, mine too, truth be told. I don't know why it still surprises me. I must be a closet optimist or something.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Darchangel posted:

Android or iPhone ecosystem?
I've got an iPhone, but considering the Versa against the Apple Watch Series 1. I actually like the Garmins, but the ones that actually look like watches start at about $300.

Android. I'd be tempted by an apple watch if I liked iOS but I don't and I'm still not completely sold on a full on smart watch. Plus 2 bills was my budget on a new gadget. Heart monitor, steps and notifications was really all I was looking for and the Versa fit that bill perfectly. Getting tired of that weekly minor heart attack trying to remember if I pullled my fitbit One out of my pocket before doing laundry.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
just got a pop up that my ad block pro had malware. huh.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Where I work the plant manager meets you outside the building and hands you a letter informing you you are no longer employed. They won't let you in the building to empty your locker, instead of that HR cuts the lock off, dumps your poo poo in a box, and mails it to you.

Anyone have a spare abus lock that'll work with a locker? I imagine this is the scenario I'm going to face when I put in my notice (if any of these wonderful places I've applied to will get back to me), and I think it would be hilarious to offer one last "gently caress you" by using a real bitch of a lock and leaving my locker empty.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Android. I'd be tempted by an apple watch if I liked iOS but I don't and I'm still not completely sold on a full on smart watch.

I wish there would be some smart watch development, but it seems utterly stagnant.

Last year I got a Huawei Watch 2 and it was really nice, but limited in its functions. I sent it back and got a Motorola 360 Sport off of eBay for $50 and, for most purposes, it's comparable... meaning... it doesn't do much.

I'd like to have full fitbit-level biometrics, along with good cell phone integration and good battery life, but really it's a watch that happens to notify me of texts and emails and can control the media I'm consuming. There could be so much more...

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Where I work the plant manager meets you outside the building and hands you a letter informing you you are no longer employed. They won't let you in the building to empty your locker, instead of that HR cuts the lock off, dumps your poo poo in a box, and mails it to you.

Anyone have a spare abus lock that'll work with a locker? I imagine this is the scenario I'm going to face when I put in my notice (if any of these wonderful places I've applied to will get back to me), and I think it would be hilarious to offer one last "gently caress you" by using a real bitch of a lock and leaving my locker empty.

Fill your locker with ping pong balls.

E: or a dead hooker.

E2: 3 dead hookers, numbered 1,2,4

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

spog posted:

Fill your locker with ping pong balls.

E: or a dead hooker.

Why not both?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Seminal Flu posted:

Why not both?

Fill a dead hooker with ping pong balls?

I see you're familiar with Bangkok.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seminal Flu posted:

I wish there would be some smart watch development, but it seems utterly stagnant.

Last year I got a Huawei Watch 2 and it was really nice, but limited in its functions. I sent it back and got a Motorola 360 Sport off of eBay for $50 and, for most purposes, it's comparable... meaning... it doesn't do much.

I'd like to have full fitbit-level biometrics, along with good cell phone integration and good battery life, but really it's a watch that happens to notify me of texts and emails and can control the media I'm consuming. There could be so much more...

See, the thing is that it shouldn't be more. in practice no one normal wants to do all that poo poo on a postage stamp sized thing on their wrist when they have a thousand dollar smart phone with a much bigger screen in their pocket. its just like tesla jamming everything into that stupid ipad thing. It's neat until you try to actually use it in real life.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

See, the thing is that it shouldn't be more. in practice no one normal wants to do all that poo poo on a postage stamp sized thing on their wrist when they have a thousand dollar smart phone with a much bigger screen in their pocket. its just like tesla jamming everything into that stupid ipad thing. It's neat until you try to actually use it in real life.

Yes, this, exactly. There's only so much you can do on a watch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got a really nice call from the PM of one of the other properties. She asked me to come over and interview right away so I did! She needs a formal resume on file so I just shot that over to her, she said she will let me know by Saturday if possible.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
After the range I went to Bass Pro and took a look around. Came home with a Beretta Pico for $199, manager special.

I also owned (left with ex) a 950 Jetfire. There's something wrong with my brain, I seem to like tinyguns.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Rhyno, bust rear end until you are the guy's boss, then veto it every time he's up for a raise or promotion and if he complains tell him it's because of his attitude and inability to move on from old grudges.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

Rhyno, bust rear end until you are the guy's boss, then veto it every time he's up for a raise or promotion and if he complains tell him it's because of his attitude and inability to move on from old grudges.

I like this plan.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

After the range I went to Bass Pro and took a look around. Came home with a Beretta Pico for $199, manager special.

I also owned (left with ex) a 950 Jetfire. There's something wrong with my brain, I seem to like tinyguns.

I was never one to really like the ranges here. I usually just load up the vehicle and drive north somewhere weird and remote, have lunch, shoot the bang sticks then come back to the valley. I found a little nook about 15 miles east of the Bloody Basin turn off I've been enjoying.

edit:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Yes. Do it for those of us who can't. Buy all the guns.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Seminal Flu posted:

Are there specific ones that are rare? 'cause there's a Magnum on my local CL for cheap... https://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/d/moped-1978-puch-magnumxk/6558414622.html

HOLY poo poo! I don't know about local markets or what have you but I would have been there same day cash in hand. The Puch Magnum is pretty much the most desirable chassis/geometry, it doesn't need any aftermarket stuff to handle going faster unlike the Maxi and pretty much every other stamped-steel moped. The fact it comes stock with a top-tank but is technically a through-frame makes it even better because it sidesteps any scooter stigma.

Sormus posted:

words about mopeds

Some of those are pretty sweet, but I stand by what I said about the Puch Magnum. The Tunturi Super Sport comes close, with its totally rad tube frame and the trial bike is :discourse:

I wish they's have imported more of that tube-frame style of the super sports, because the holy grail of Puch tuning is the Puch ~race frame~ which looks suspiciously like a super sport frame just slightly beefier. The Tunturi Magnum X doesn't come close the Puch Magnum, aesthetically.

I'm going to assume even if you got your hands on a Tunturi now, there's going to be no aftermarket support save for whatever you can get from Puch which I think rules out that fuckin' rad watercooled one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cool car mileage milestone this morning on the way to work:

:420: :huh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Well we're very good friends with the property manager and while she is technically his boss he does have hire approval. But I got a call from the regional manager and she wants me on board so I'll go over to one of the other properties for now. My "interview" with him was pretty uncomfortable, he clearly remembers me as being the reason behind his arrest.

Lol he's a loving moron if he thinks you're the reason he's a drunk idiot, and you probably don't want to be working with him in any capacity if he can't own it. I would have asked him how his stay in jail went, if he had fun. Then I would have told him to go gently caress himself and have a nice day :)

Trust me, I know how this feels, I run in to people I've sent to jail all the time :v:

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Breakfast Feud posted:

I'm going to assume even if you got your hands on a Tunturi now, there's going to be no aftermarket support save for whatever you can get from Puch which I think rules out that fuckin' rad watercooled one.

Yea theres gently caress all. Tunturi only makes bicycles now, and even those in other countries

People salvage parts from parts bikes and/or adapt a part from a not-dead brand.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Enourmo posted:

Oh dear god I just found out that our 6-hour-long senior design showcase is gonna have our table stationed outdoors. With suit and tie required.

end me now

https://www.opposuits.com/suits/summer-shineapple.html

Rhyno posted:

I like this plan.

Or just be the bigger person, forget the whole thing and move on. It'll be amazing how much better your life is.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I was never one to really like the ranges here. I usually just load up the vehicle and drive north somewhere weird and remote, have lunch, shoot the bang sticks then come back to the valley. I found a little nook about 15 miles east of the Bloody Basin turn off I've been enjoying.

All the spots I used to go shooting in the desert around town are full of houses now. Since I live in Buckeye now, there is a nice outdoor range they built a few years ago that's only about 15 minutes from here and I just go there on the rare occasion I actually go shooting. I really should sell off most of my guns, none of them have been fired in like a decade except for the black powder rifle.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yeah, the high road can be quite satisfying and entertaining. I try to stay on it as much as possible.

Today I got publicly called out for not attending a mandatory meeting, to which I was not invited. I assured the caller-outer (who happened to be the non-inviter) I would attend the next meeting he invited me to. That seemed to make him happy until he set up the next meeting and realized he was the one that hosed things up. Watching the blood drain out of his face and his poo poo-eating grin turn into a turd sandwich was priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Goober Peas posted:

Today I got publicly called out for not attending a mandatory meeting
The trick is engineering things such that people wouldn't dare do that.

• Locked thread