Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

That walk-off "celebration" was the most exhausted, perfunctory thing I've ever seen, I loved it.

Did you catch the “Ohhhh shiiiit” at about 55 seconds here?

https://www.mlb.com/video/c-1951506283

So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is there a more exciting thing in the baseball internet to see the words "james shields" trending

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Can't really feel bad about taking two games on the road from the Mets even with... whatever that was to end it. The Nats looked a lot more like themselves that series. Except AJ Cole who is sporting a truly ludicrous HR/9 of 4.5.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

So how's tomorrow look for Cubs baseball? Should I set my alarm to get up early or sleep all afternoon?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they should be ready to play once they scrape all of the snow off the field i can't take this anymore

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The weather is improving just in time for the Cubs to go to Colorado this weekend and probably get snowed out.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/grantmcauley/status/986808976477171713

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh god he's out for like 6 weeks isn't he

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mike_V posted:

The Reds seriously look like they could put together one of the all-time worst seasons at this point. Maybe the Royals too, but I haven't watched them this year.

They invested too much in Votto, Hamilton, and Homer Bailey. As good as Votto is, that doesn't leave them any money for other positions. You can't build a winning team around two good dudes in baseball.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Popete posted:

The weather is improving just in time for the Cubs to go to Colorado this weekend and probably get snowed out.

see I thought this was a joke

but also it turns out that rain/snow is predicted for saturday in denver

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

So how's tomorrow look for Cubs baseball? Should I set my alarm to get up early or sleep all afternoon?

Well it's snowing by me right now so I'm not confident they'll be playing.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GeneX posted:

What's the record for most games postponed due to weather by one team in one month?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

GeneX posted:

I'm not sure if this is hilarious, amazing or both. Going to go with both. The Cubs are going to play non stop double headers throughout July now aren't they?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Cubs should just play the rest of the season under protest.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

What's the record for most games postponed due to weather by one team in one month?

25's the record for most in April/March across MLB going back to 1986 (no official records before that).

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Senf posted:

The A’s are bad but also fun and good. That is all.

The matts ftw

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Taijuan Walker needs TJS :rip:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:perfect:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Epic High Five posted:

Oh god he's out for like 6 weeks isn't he

Waiting for other shoe to drop but for now: https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/986839259079434241

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

JoeCL posted:

Can't really feel bad about taking two games on the road from the Mets even with... whatever that was to end it. The Nats looked a lot more like themselves that series. Except AJ Cole who is sporting a truly ludicrous HR/9 of 4.5.

Agreed, even though it's still a little galling to look at the box score and see a 9 pop up in the 8th. I wonder what the front office sees in AJ Cole that has them dedicated to keeping him around. He's had plenty of time and opportunities to not be dreadful, and yet he looks like complete trash every time he comes out.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I had a sneaking suspicion the Angel’s hot start was on account of playing a bunch of bad teams in the first few series and god drat are the Red Sox ever confirming it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Twins/Indians game last night took so long that Joe Mauer aged a year

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Reds fired Bryan Price. Not sure what he was supposed to do with that roster.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

FlamingLiberal posted:

Jim Riggleman, who I didn't even know was still in baseball, is the interim manager.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Love too tie up half my payroll on three players

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
we knew the royals were gonna be bad but....man

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not sure how this is gonna work out but OK

bewbies posted:

Flags Fly Forever

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Can't say I disagree with the decision, but I don't know why you'd do it in April of a year you're destined to be lovely.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
The Jays-KC series looked like the 2015 playoff series, but swapped.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Explosionface posted:

Can't say I disagree with the decision, but I don't know why you'd do it in April of a year you're destined to be lovely.

Firing him now means he managed 666 games.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FlamingLiberal posted:

How the gently caress does that benefit the Reds?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

bewbies posted:

they can't possibly be that bad, it's just a lot of bad luc......

quote:

In their three wins this year, the Royals have outscored their opponents 12 to 0; two 1-0 wins and a 10-0 win.

In their thirteen losses, the Royals have been outscored a total of 39-90.

:stare:

news: Cargo strained his hamstring making that diving catch yesterday. Please just put him on the DL and call up Tapia for two weeks and don't gently caress around with it.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 19, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/LianeMorejonTV/status/986724097076989954
https://twitter.com/LianeMorejonTV/status/986725034642362368
https://twitter.com/LianeMorejonTV/status/986725494824624128
https://twitter.com/LianeMorejonTV/status/986725619294760960

contract the marlins and don't give the new owners a cent

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
N: Here, have a fawning article about Albert Pujols as he approaches 3,000 hits.

V: Trigger warning for ‘Stros fans, it does mention That Thing That Happened.

simble
May 11, 2004

Pancakes posted:

N: Here, have a fawning article about Albert Pujols as he approaches 3,000 hits.

At least The Thing That Happened gave rise to a good smiley.

:ohdear:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Price got fired this early because the Reds are 3-15, which is like the worst start for the franchise since like the Great Depression or some poo poo. He isn't to blame for the roster but when the team is that poo poo coming out of the gate some symbolic action has to be taken and it is usually firing the manager. He was gone at the end of the year anyways.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Why? Turns out when you get a drunk, do cocaine and drive a boat into some rocks you're not entitled to death benefits. This is in every life insurance contract.

EXCLUSIONS
We will not pay for any loss which:

a) results, whether the Insured Person is sane or insane, from:
1. an intentionally self-inflicted Injury or Sickness; or
2. suicide or attempted suicide;
b) results from the Insured Person’s Participation in a Riot or in the commission of a felony;
c) results from an act of declared or undeclared war or armed aggression;
d) is incurred while the Insured Person is on active duty or training in the Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves
of any state or country and for which any governmental body or its agencies are liable;
e) is not permanent, unless specifically provided;
f) occurs more than 365 days after the Injury;
g) does not result from an Accident;
h) is caused by intentional, self-infliction of carbon monoxide poisoning emanating from a motor vehicle;
i) results from Injuries the Insured Person receives in any aircraft while operating, riding as a passenger, boarding or
leaving, unless riding as a passenger in a commercial aircraft on a regularly-scheduled flight or while You are
Traveling on Business of the Policyholder;
j) results from an Injury received while riding in any aircraft engaged in:
1. racing;
2. endurance tests;
3. acrobatic or stunt flying;
k) is caused by the Insured Person, and is a result of Injuries received while under the influence of any controlled drug,
unless administered on the advice of a Physician;

l) is caused by the Insured Person and is a result of Injuries the Insured Person receives while voluntarily Intoxicated.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pancakes posted:

Pretty sure the Live Televised Murder of Brad Lidge is far enough out now that we just all kind of laugh at it. I know I even laughed at the time of the alleged jokes of guys on the team plane that evening saying they could see the ball out the window, still going.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Price got fired this early because the Reds are 3-15, which is like the worst start for the franchise since like the Great Depression or some poo poo. He isn't to blame for the roster but when the team is that poo poo coming out of the gate some symbolic action has to be taken and it is usually firing the manager. He was gone at the end of the year anyways.

I think the baffling thing is less "why fire Bryan Price now" and more "holy gently caress, why is Jim Riggleman still employed, and why is he now managing a team again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RisqueBarber posted:

Why? Turns out when you get a drunk, do cocaine and drive a boat into some rocks you're not entitled to death benefits. This is in every life insurance contract.

I'm not gonna defend his actions (I actually condemn them) but this is the Marlins saying they would do stuff to help his family, even after they knew what happened, and then following up on none of it, basically.

• Locked thread