Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
mail-order bride of the 50-foot blockchain
Ledger? I hardly knew 'er!
Attack of the 60 foot blockchain: the blockchain just got 10 feet taller, and mEth-ICO is going to pay for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Buttcoin purse posted:

I finally got it, a bloke chain is like a man train, right? What is the equivalent of being the caboose - is it being the genesis block?

the genesis block is the engine, the latest block is the caboose

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

“bit” is French slang for dick, and “coin” means “corner.” going down to dick corner to hop on the bloke chain

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

divabot posted:

I NEED TITLES FOR THE SEQUEL

the loved one favours The Good, The Bad and the Blockchain: For A Few Bitcoins More

but there's any number of possibilities

A Fistful Of Bitcoins
Invasion of the Crypto Snatchers
Invasion of the Bride of the 50 Foot Blockchain From 50,000 Fathoms

ideas wanted to steal

Son of the 50 Foot Blockchain

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

quote:

healthyharvestdotcomredditor for 7 weeks [score hidden] 34 minutes ago

It’s really crazy because the general public is just kind of along for the ride while big smart money takes advantage of sentiment. And these people/groups aren’t mind readers nor do they probably even understand it in a psychological aspect... They’re working numbers that are published for everyone to see in the form of long and short positions. And they’re using relatively small amounts of money to make these plays in comparison to wallstreet players, all while raking exponential gains and pushing it back and forth over and over again. All the while, Joe Schmoe Coinbase “investor” doesn’t know which way to go and starts fomoing and panic selling all of over the place because he’s operating purely on emotion and has no knowledge or experience in investing and no clue wtf is going on.

What sparked this last run was a deliberate short squeeze on a bunch of shorts, then whaddayaknow... the sheeps start following. The memes begin. The news spreads on tv social media etc and more lemmings come in. Even some of the guys who bought high sold low and swore off crypto are back. Because of the unprecedented 24/7 nature of crypto and because we are all so connected online, things happen rapidly.

I think we’ll continue to have this volatility until institutions and government formally embrace bitcoin. I think there will be one decisive time period where something huge happens. Amazon accepts bitcoin, big governments embrace and formally regulate, top tier financial institutions integrate etc. At that moment an unprecedented surge happens and we never look back.

As I see it now short term, smart big money will continue to swallow up dumb money. It’s become especially easy for them with all the newly accessible big leverage trading newbs are doing, makes plays swift and easy.

The good news is, neither Joe Schmoe or big money want the gravy train to end so the same people causing these dips will make sure not to let bitcoin die. Whales might get greedy and let the sheeps drive the price down quite a bit (all while continuing to nudge the price up/down at strategic times), but we’re all long in the long run. Government really is the only thing that could put a serious hurting on this space. Assuming there is no negative interventions by multiple big governments, I see no where but up in the long term. In the short though, it’ll be a wild ride up full of lemming bubbles and big Willy’s moving this market on a slow and steady incline.

Adoption and awareness continue to grow each and every day. I see bitcoin in the news literally every day. This is NOT beanie babies or pogs. This is 10 year old revolutionary technology. It has attracted some of the greatest talent in the world who’ve investing their lives personally and professionally into it. This technology is the logical progression of the digital age. It solves multiple existing problems. Like the internet, we haven’t conceived even a fraction of what this technology will be used for or where it will go 10-20-30 years from now. The biggest block chain projects that will ever exist are decades away from conception, the people who will make them probably in diapers right now.

Wow that got long winded, but back to my original point which was market sentiment... It’s really and drives the interim between whale plays or other large unforeseen events. I’ve found it interesting to watch and has taught me a lot about the human psyche in relation to finance. My conclusion is that holding and accumulating the dips and having patience and discipline is my way to the lambo. I don’t think it’ll be long now either, few years worst case. Crypto and Blockchain have hit the mainstream. Imo now is the best time to invest. Least downside risk and a ton of upside. Hats off to the OGs because you all were nuts having big money in this 5+ years ago. That was a risk and you deserve your rewards. To the new investors, this is a cakewalk. Buy it forget it and buy more when you can, especially on dips. Get educated on your investments, be disciplined, don’t invest a dime you need anytime soon and most importantly do your part to move adoption forward. Ask every business you frequent to accept crypto. Accept crypto at your business. Give crypto to your friends and family for Christmas instead of Visa cards. Comment on articles and twitter. Every word spoken or written moves us one step in a positive direction.

🎤 drop

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

OldAlias posted:

“bit” is French slang for dick, and “coin” means “corner.” going down to dick corner to hop on the bloke chain

someone once said it could be translated as dick quack and that's what im sticking with:colbert:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

it’ll be a wild ride up full of lemming bubbles and big Willy’s moving this market on a slow and steady incline.

same

its me the guy that gives out visa cards for christmas

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 21, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Whitepaper Zombies: Make Them Die Quickly

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

divabot posted:

the loved one favours The Good, The Bad and the Blockchain: For A Few Bitcoins More

A Fistful Of Bitcoins

ideas wanted to steal

attack of the 51 foot blockchain
don't use blockchains, you loving idiot
blockchain 2: blockchain harder
battlestar blockchain
once upon a blockchain
the blockchain identity
breaking blockchain
blockchains are good and awesome
the big blockchain theory
check out the dweebs at r/bitcoin and ask yourself if you want to be that kind of person
are you there, block? it's me, chain
ender's blockchain
the telltale blockchain
iBlockchain
stranger blockchains
game of blockchains
kill blockchain
nightmare on blockchain street
bill & ted's bogus blockchain
20,000 blockchains under the sea
who wants to be a blockchain
logansryche: an autobiography

feel free to insert a bunch of "u"s into those words so you can sound all britishy and pretentious

...!
Oct 5, 2003

blouckchain is the preferred british spelling i believe

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

the big blockchain theory

this one's good, you might be able to trick rodger ver into promoting it

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
once upon a blockchain in thailand

e: once upon a blockchain in pattaya

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I don't know what the title should be, but the foreword should be brazil.txt

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

For a few bitcoins more: conmen and gold seekers on the cryptocurreny wild west

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Final Scam-Tactic XV

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

divabot posted:

A Fistful Of Bitcoins

ideas wanted to steal
Why my sequel smell like sperm?

I've said this before but make the first page just be a hash of the contents of the first book. Also later explain that according to certain "on the blockchain!" businesses the second book now contains the entirety of the first book.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

sleepy gary posted:

i'll title it "brazil.txt", get jstolfi to write it and not explain this

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

sleepy gary posted:

I wonder if he could get Chuck Tingle to write the forward.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

A Forumful of Dollers
The Day My Worth Stood Still (bc mtgox was down)
Slack Panters
Three Bit-Hoards Outside Birdbath, Missouri

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

from bcash to bcrash, the rodger ver story

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Atlas Shrugged II

...!
Oct 5, 2003

gschmidl posted:

Atlas Shrugged II

the shruggening

...!
Oct 5, 2003

divabot posted:

i'll title it "brazil.txt", get jstolfi to write it and not explain this

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the search for more money

EorayMel
May 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Blockchain 5: The Journey Of Over Time And Space

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The Book of Block Magic:
frauds, fakes, fascists, and other fictional functionaries of cryptocurrency

What color is your Money Pit:
How to be successful(ly indicted for securities fraud) with cryptocurrencies

Crypto for Dummies:
You're in the right place

gschmidl posted:

Atlas Shrugged II

Atlas Shruggeder

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 21, 2018

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Atlas Shrugged With A Vengeance

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

just release the book with a blank space on the cover and let everyone write their own title :angel:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bitcoin Episode 1:
The Phantom Tuppence

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Bitcoin Goes Hawaiian

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

just release the book with a blank space on the cover and let everyone write their own title :angel:

This but with a sticker sheet of bitcoin-related words included.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
attack of the 50 foot blockchaiin

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the taxes blockchain massacre

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Splicer posted:

I've said this before but make the first page just be a hash of the contents of the first book. Also later explain that according to certain "on the blockchain!" businesses the second book now contains the entirety of the first book.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Splicer posted:

Why my sequel smell like sperm?

despite the shameful overabundance of capitalisation and punctuation in this post, this is a v. good idea

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

divabot posted:

A Fistful Of Bitcoins

ideas wanted to steal

Has anyone said "buttcoin" yet?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

...! posted:

are you there, block? it's me, chain