Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Spiders: known for seating four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spider-bus, Spider-bus, plenty of seating Spider-bus, nonstop screaming Spider-bus

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

:3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spidey: No no, I'm not abandoning him to be horribly murdered by ravenous swamp animals, I'm just letting him think I am so that I can force him to bury a story that is in the national interest. I'm the good guy here!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Our hero-- using second-degree murder to get what he wants

There’s no real proof, the most they can get him on is negligent homicide.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You got me I'm not an expert in Swamp Law

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

There’s no real proof, the most they can get him on is negligent homicide.

arguably he can get away scot free since he's prioritizing the rescue of two injured people over someone in good physical condition

in core marvel if a super hero ever fails to save any one person society will instantly drat them, but newspaper marvel probably just double-takes at the idea of spiderman saving anybody.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
They'd have to find a body first. The gators will keep Connors's secret.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If Connors and Banner can keep their mouths shut, the whole thing will be blamed on the other reporters who originally left JJJ for dead

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zeeman posted:

Bruce looks like he's getting ready to Hulk out again in the second last panel
"I'm not a purse! I don't know you!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he learned that making indirect threats about how someone might just up and murder you are an excellent way to get people to do what you want. banner's an excellent teacher, but it's probably for the best that nsm will forget those lessons and how to put on pants soon enough.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

holy crap a monday strip that's not a recap

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
We're probably going to get a whole week on Jonah caving in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, so Spider-Man was carrying both of them... and then in the last panel he's fistpumping... so he did just drop Connors and Banner face-first mid-jump?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
spiderman about to punch banner and connors in the back of the head

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His super fast reflexes let him drop them, fist pump and catch them again before they hit the floor.

If he remembers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yay, Jonah sacrificed his journalistic integrity! :woop:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
NSM Jonah had any to begin with? :raise:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

next headline" "web slinger threatens local journalist with death"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh boy, that last panel just begs to be taken out of context

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Bruce has his doubts but Connors is ready to enter the world of fisting

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I really want to show that panel to everyone who hasn't read that strip, maybe embed some techno music.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Manatee Cannon posted:

next headline "web slinging menace threatens heroic local journalist with death"

FTFY.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I love my dumb gay Spider-Man.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

2nd panel would be a fantastic avatar.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Bruce has his doubts but Connors is ready to enter the world of fisting

It isn't that. He's just jealous of whoever is showing off their two functional arms.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Literally nothing at all stopping Jonah from going back on this the minute he's back in town.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lurdiak posted:

Literally nothing at all stopping Jonah from going back on this the minute he's back in town.

Wow, hey, you went too far. Who do you take JJJ for? He's old guard, a man of integrity and honor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

and I just wanted to beat up gators some more

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Saoshyant posted:

Wow, hey, you went too far. Who do you take JJJ for? He's old guard, a man of integrity and honor.

Right, but that doesn't mean he won't write a headline about the Spider-Menace threatening his life and nearly abandoning him in the swamps!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Next Bugle Headline: Spiderman viciously maims local Florida wildlife for no reason! None! Trust us!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

In a shocking twist, the gator will bite Spidey and he will require a blood transfusion from JJ in order to live.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We've gone back to reptile violence!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Man, what lovely weeks these crocs are having. They get called for a reunion with their boss and then get beat up and then their boss just fucks off and then they get beat up again

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

In a shocking twist, the gator will bite Spidey and he will require a blood transfusion from JJ in order to live.

"I need selfies! Selfies of myself!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SilverSupernova posted:

I think Jonah will get bit and need to get several pints of blood from Spidey.

"I need pitchers... *passing out*... pitchers of Spider-Man..."

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Those gators aren't going to hurt anyone.

Look, in the first panel, they're super happy to meet their idol, The Gronktactular Spider-man himself. You can see the one directly under Spidey reaching behind its back to get its autograph book.

The second panel, Spidey is giving them rides, and the one high-fives the other as they pass, because this is the greatest moment of their lives. A snake friend in the background is immortalizing the moment with flash photography, so they'll have a keepsake they can treasure forever.

Truly, Newspaper Spider-Man is the comic that never fails to deliver.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

You're not kidding. He could have just grabbed JJJ and left, but, no, gotta swing a gator into another gator.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Choco1980 posted:

Right, but that doesn't mean he won't write a headline about the Spider-Menace threatening his life and nearly abandoning him in the swamps!

Of course, that's always implied. You can never trust a man who hides behind a mask, he's a menace! Look at him gleefully destroying the Florida wildlife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Don't worry, man" is very :chill: of Spidey to say