Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The Jager buff / Hibana nerf is huge. Who thought that was a great idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Vigil nerf is the most hilarious thing because someone at Ubisoft went "hmm, we just had to nerf Ela's gun because it was too good. Now people are picking Vigil a lot??? Guess we have to nerf his gadget."

Especially since it was already useless to begin with.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Its only really useful for making sure you got all the nearby drones anyway.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Just picked up a brand new headset so I can finally play with the PS4 crew.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

The Kingfish posted:

Just picked up a brand new headset so I can finally play with the PS4 crew.

Right on. Toss me a friend request.

PSN: Javes

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Javes posted:

Right on. Toss me a friend request.

PSN: Javes

I'm the_can0nized. I've played with y'all before but my mic was either incomprehensible or I was using one of those one-headphone Sony brand mics which makes a game like Siege basically unplayable.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

The Kingfish posted:

I'm the_can0nized. I've played with y'all before but my mic was either incomprehensible or I was using one of those one-headphone Sony brand mics which makes a game like Siege basically unplayable.

Oh right, yeah your mic situation was pretty dire lol. Good on you for getting a new mic!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I have like no words for that Vigil nerf except to say I always suspected the ubisoft balancing team doesn't play their own loving game and this proves it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nah they don't. They go by ~the data~.

Javes
May 6, 2012

keyframe posted:

I have like no words for that Vigil nerf except to say I always suspected the ubisoft balancing team doesn't play their own loving game and this proves it.

He's in the overpicked/too strong quartile of the chart so they feel they have to do *something*

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

keyframe posted:

reminder that before release they genuinely thought that Tachanka was gamebreakingly overpowered

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Make Vigil immune to Lion scans and give his gun recoil similar to Jaeger's since they're both super shorty 5.56 carbines. Boom, done, Ubi hire me.

Unrelated, I miss being able to yell at Hard.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Basticle posted:

Make Vigil immune to Lion scans and give his gun recoil similar to Jaeger's since they're both super shorty 5.56 carbines. Boom, done, Ubi hire me.

I think its his secondary that makes him strong, gives him basically a 60 bullet capacity.

Same with echo having 2 main weapons.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think the changes look pretty good.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

It's one of those baseline problems that I have with the game, people choosing Operators based on how good their weapon loadout is instead of what utility they bring to the table. Vigil being the perfect example of it, extremely strong loadout, zero utility. Perfect for all the "12 year olds".

Javes
May 6, 2012

The utility is being able to kill the enemy team more effectively.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Basticle posted:

Same :(

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
nice to see the best waifus lingering in the underpicked/overpowered quadrant :wotwot:

yall better enjoy that long range zero recoil LMG sniper while it lasts. otherwise the LMG buff owns. the SAW should be a frightening thing to have firing in your general direction. i feel like Zofia's was already kinda OP but that was in relation to the others so we'll see how it goes. also Ying's LMG might actually kick rear end now?

Infected posted:

It's one of those baseline problems that I have with the game, people choosing Operators based on how good their weapon loadout is instead of what utility they bring to the table. Vigil being the perfect example of it, extremely strong loadout, zero utility. Perfect for all the "12 year olds".

this is what stings the most with Ying. the main gripe most people had with Ying is that her gun is bad. but the real reason to play her is that smokeflashing to complete the objective is extremely fun and good.

taking her smokes away is very painful for nerds that already enjoy her. this will be like when they took smokes from Thermite. to be fair i guess it's obviously kinda OP that a single player can have so much spam blanketing utility and i think spreading out secondary gadgets is overall good because it promotes teamwork and communication.

when they dialed back who can get frag grenades it turned out to be for the best. as it is smoke grenades are incredibly useful when used properly. for the sake of gameplay, i honestly think there should be more emphasis on being limited to flashbangs/breach charges and limit smoke grenades to operators like glaz and shield users.

one cool thing about the ying changes is that more and more people will be setting max timers on a window then breach swinging through the one right next to it which is extremely tacticool

tjones posted:

The Jager buff / Hibana nerf is huge. Who thought that was a great idea?

they tried to nerf Hibana recently which i had assumed was because she's just obviously been one of the best operators in the game since Red Crow. the recent Japanese SMG recoil increase is hardly noticeable thanks to not just Finka but the closeup nature of the weapon. i haven't seen anyone using her anime gun in a coordinated effort to counter Jager in copper-gold games ...like ever. so really this is a buff outside of high tier play which is bizarre because she is apparently "too weak" when really she should be somewhere between Twitch and Ash on the grid imo.

they already announced that for a long while jager had the highest pick:win rate in high tier matches. if anything they only brought more attention to an operator whose drones are often ignored which can really have a huge impact on attacking teams that don't know how to deal with them while simultaneously getting flanked by his carbine (which may be the best defensive weapon in the game?) from every jumpout possible.

keyframe posted:

i think this really sucks for the select few that main Vigils and actually anchor on site.

otherwise tbh as someone that plays him a lot i think the change might be a good thing because aside from being a last minute anchor, you should only ever be quickly togging it on/off as needed so that you don't turn yourself into a walking ping for IQ wallbangs.

the instant fire-and-forget ability thing is dumb so giving what is otherwise basically a pure DPS roamer some sort of resource management is cool imo. it's like how silent step works very well with pure-stealth cav players. vigil is very much like that though his ability is more geared towards misdirection after being spotted. i don't think his ability gets the credit it deserves as the only time i am ever worried is when a jackal is tracking me. i've found his ability to be very useful for "white noise"ing cameras on one part of the map then running to the other while they assume you are just camping where they last "saw" a hint of you. this combined with his K1A might make him the best flank peeker in the game since Jager kind of relies solely on speed and raw DPS unless you consider the Sam Fisher skin pay2win :ninja:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SMG secondaries should only be an option if you take a shotgun as your main gun.

After not playing for a couple weeks, I did some solo queue and hit Plat 2. I don't deserve this.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

that'd be cool but they should also let Tachanka be the only operator to take a PPSH as a secondary on top of the regular one because it would own

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The Hibana nerf is so weird, but I guess where the logic comes from - her gadget is a lot "safer" to deploy (ubisoft pellet physics nonwithstanding) than Thermite's. I've never even once used her claymore to protect my rear end when deploying a gadget, it's mostly for runouts aimed at my good buddy who loves Blackbeard and hanging at walls, so maybe she was bringing a bit much to the table. Her gun is pretty good as well, laser accurate for the first two bullets. On the other hand, there were a lot of times when I thought "damnit I'd hate to waste my X-Kairos on this unreinforced hatch" and now this will all go away with the Breaching Charges so I dunno if this is an actuall nerf, cause now I can blast 4 hatches at once if any of them are unreinforced, which will make the defenders piss themselves.

Ying however will suffer a LOT cause of the smoke loss, Ying plants were very effective with even a tiny bit of team coordination, but it was really her only saving grace. Unless her LMG is now the equivalent of Ela's pre-nerf SMG on the attacking side, I doubt if she'll see more play then she used to. poo poo, I think I'll start picking Monty more often, back to the original meta of plants in plain sight.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/psm4j

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kikas posted:

poo poo, I think I'll start picking Monty more often, back to the original meta of plants in plain sight.

Enjoy getting slammed by Echo and Ela lol

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

monte does very well against stuns like that imo. you can even trigger it while crouching and kite attackers into a killzone with relative safety

people rely way too much on holding his extension without ever shooting back. so long as you don't aim down the sight, that shield is just as good as Fuze's and should allow you to survive way more bullshit than people give him credit for

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Hibana is already good but this buff really cements her as the best.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

SMG secondaries should only be an option if you take a shotgun as your main gun.

As much as I like having two good guns, this makes too much sense.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 25, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Castle.... castle no

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I swear, if they ruin Castle. Imma be mad.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I was kinda salty about how the Hibana changes would gently caress with my main group play and did not think to consider Ying. Holy LOL, she's useless. IMO she is good for a small handful of objective rush plants. Without her own smokes, and now that Hibana can't quickly burn the ADS's, its not worth burning a ton of concussions before another op can smoke the site while she flings her balls everywhere.

RIP the bedroom Oregon cheese strat that works way more than it should.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Bananana posted:

Castle.... castle no

wait did I miss it??? what did they do to him?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

wait did I miss it??? what did they do to him?

He's apparently going to be a target of a rework some time soon.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Excited to see Ying's pick rate plummet. Smokes were instrumental to all the successful objective plays I've ever had with her.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Hibana change should be great, loving nobody on my team ever brings breaching charges so losing the claymore protection feels more like karma while I will get to go and blow everything up.

Also Tower is great you haters. Not every map needs destructible flooring, and it has the catwalk and elevators to give you angles of attack no other map has. I guess the bottom floor of it can be kinda confusing though, there's that whole side restaurant that isn't actually part of any point or really seem to do much of anything.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Wooper posted:

Hibana is already good but this buff really cements her as the best.

As much as I like having two good guns, this makes too much sense.

I think it's necessary for Sledge unless he get some other buff.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They could reduce sledges ADS time so it doesn't take approximately half the match to pull up his sights.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I like sledge a lot right now. Def my favorite operator.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

He's apparently going to be a target of a rework some time soon.

this is long overdue tbh and i really don't see how they can gently caress it up.

it's not that i don't like him already, he's my #2 most played defender lately because he is fun to gently caress around with. but i am just sitting here trying to think of how they could realistically do anything to him that wouldn't be an improvement. the only thing i can imagine is they take away his impact grenades?

kapkan was the gold standard for reworks so i am kinda psyched if they really put some love into it to match that.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Castle buff idea: Keep his barricades just as weak as they are now but give him 10

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That would actually be hilarious, and chaotic. Siege desperately need custom game settings as elaborate as Overwatch's so you can do dumb stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I haven't played in like two weeks and I forgot that I had a round that made me feel like a genius I wanted to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgwxlFa974

I was also testing 21:9 resolutions on my 1440p monitor, with 2560x1080. If I can get a high refresh rate, wide colour gamut 21:9 monitor that isn't $1100 or something I will probably buy that soon