Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Comic book movies are loving lost on me and I'm a huge idiot nerd.

Or so I thought!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MCU movies are better than all other comic movies and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There are other comic movies?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well to be fair the Joker movie was pretty good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

There are other comic movies?

Men In Black my dude.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Was it a comic first? No! Don't shatter one of my favorite films!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

MCU movies are better than all other comic movies and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Not exactly a high bar...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Dredd. Dredd is probably the single best comic book movie I've seen. It's a great film in its own right, and it gets the character bang on.

What the MCU films have done is a pretty good job of running a decade of interlinked stories with a respectable amount of internal consistency and shedding an awful lot of the kind of stuff from comics that, frankly, is just loving stupid. I do kind of like comics, but I often find myself getting annoyed with them and just going "oh for gently caress's sake...", which isn't what I want. It's similar to how I love Stephen Baxter's firm science fiction setting, but I get fed up with the "and then everyone died. Because humanity is poo poo." angle he comes back to so often.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Yeah okay Infinity War is pretty drat goooood

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I just watched Civil War for the first time cuz it's on netflix, that was pretty good.

It almost seems like there's too many characters in Infinity with too much going on, like Marvel sensory overload.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, came over to the new house today to start cleaning. Started with the master bath, cause I had to poo poo.

Got the toilet clean, all that good stuff, and do my thing.

Well, turns out this old rear end toilet has a loving water saver in the tank that gives almost zero goddamn flushing pressure. So my first task in this goddamn place was unclogging the loving toilet.

The water saver is now in pieces and toilet functions like it loving should.

Edit: also goddamn it already feels so loving good to be here, and readying a new place to live.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Started with the master bath, cause I had to poo poo.

You don't say...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

angryrobots posted:

You don't say...

It's a very appropriate username.

I'm fairly sure I have IBS or something like it, but I've never got it checked out cause it doesn't usually pose a huge issue. Just means I gotta find a toilet within 20m of eating.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Sometimes I think I have IBS but then I remember all the beer I drink and all the spicy food I eat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

Sometimes I think I have IBS but then I remember all the beer I drink and all the spicy food I eat.

And then you quietly smile.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yeah that too :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Was it a comic first? No! Don't shatter one of my favorite films!

It was! As was cinematic masterpiece Cowboys vs Aliens!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Cowboys vs Aliens was good.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

iwentdoodie posted:

It's a very appropriate username.

I'm fairly sure I have IBS or something like it, but I've never got it checked out cause it doesn't usually pose a huge issue. Just means I gotta find a toilet within 20m of eating.

20 minutes or 20 metres?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

spog posted:

20 minutes or 20 metres?

Whichever comes first.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Dredd. Dredd is probably the single best comic book movie I've seen. It's a great film in its own right, and it gets the character bang on.

Dredd is probably my favorite comic book movie, with Deadpool a close second. The Avengers main series are good, but the other 50,000 or so movies might as well be episodes of the A-Team. Actually, I would rather they were episodes of the A-Team.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I liked the original Spider Man movies with Toby Maquire, I don't know why they felt the need to re hash that all over again.

Also The Dark Knight for Heath Ledger's performance alone, and Guardians which was a pleasant surprise.

The rest I can take or leave.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

My back (disc) is hurting again. Beer to the rescue. :beerpal:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My brother's sick. It might be pretty serious.

I'm having a very hard time putting my aside anger at him for what he pulled the day before my wedding. I'm not enjoying how this is making me feel. But if it turns out he just has an STD from banging a hooker I'm going to be even angrier at him.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a portal to hell opening up in the street in front of my house and i've gotta say about fuckin time

Hail Satan!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

InitialDave posted:

What the MCU films have done is a pretty good job of running a decade of interlinked stories with a respectable amount of internal consistency and shedding an awful lot of the kind of stuff from comics that, frankly, is just loving stupid. I do kind of like comics, but I often find myself getting annoyed with them and just going "oh for gently caress's sake...", which isn't what I want. It's similar to how I love Stephen Baxter's firm science fiction setting, but I get fed up with the "and then everyone died. Because humanity is poo poo." angle he comes back to so often.

I will forever defend Tank Girl.

It is lovely in so many ways, over the top and almost nothing like the comics, but it is such an -entertaining- mess.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

I'm having a very hard time putting my aside anger at him for what he pulled the day before my wedding. I'm not enjoying how this is making me feel. But if it turns out he just has an STD from banging a hooker I'm going to be even angrier at him.

What did you do in a prior life?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

What did you do in a prior life?

Murdered babies and puppies I guess.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Can you loving believe the Z-bar for my clutch pedal loving fell off the ball studs the moment I got onto the weigh scale at the scrappers, leaving me stuck in first? They had to loving push me off with a bobcat.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Dave’s Insanity Sauce made it to the sales aisle of my local supermarket. I remember reading about it here. Worth a try?

Got the Hurtin’ Habanero or some such and that’s pretty good.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

bolind posted:

Dave’s Insanity Sauce made it to the sales aisle of my local supermarket. I remember reading about it here. Worth a try?

Hurtin Habanero is very very good and one of my favorite hot sauces. Insanity is worth a try just for the heat but kind of a one trick pony IMO.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mmmm. Hot sauce. I should do that.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
drat I want Fried Chicken now.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

W...w...w.... why is this the reason you are thinking he is sick

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He lives an interesting life these days.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Ive been binge watching hot ones on Youtube for the last few days and its left me with a hankering for chicken wings at 11pm at night for the last three days.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
The Losers is my pick of comic book movies. Sure it’s not as good as the comic but I still enjoyed it enough to watch it more than three times. Also it has a great Kills song in the soundtrack and that’s my jam.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Seminal Flu posted:

And then you quietly smile.

I just wanted to let you know that this made me laugh. Thanks.

In other news, the crew I run with on PUBG (Xbox) Chicken Dinnered a few rounds ago, and we did it with the entire squad intact, for once. Felt good. This is on the test server with the new (to Xbox) desert map.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Ferremit posted:

Ive been binge watching hot ones on Youtube for the last few days and its left me with a hankering for chicken wings at 11pm at night for the last three days.

One of the cycling goons (jamal I think) keeps posting photos of post-ride tacos on his strava rides and it's making me salty as gently caress that there's nowhere nearby I can get tacos.

Also slothrop I've been meaning to upload photos of where those stickers you gave me ended up, most are on the toolbox (and it's not exactly photogenic) but that if I crash one ended up in about the most appropriate location I could think of given I seem to crash every other MTB ride:

(That's the bottom of the downtube near the bottom bracket, if that's visible then I've no longer got the wheels on the ground. It's been visible a lot since then :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

bolind posted:

It's really hot but not tasty. When it came out it was one of a kind. Now there's other sauces that are equally hot and flavorful.

Rhyno posted:

Mmmm. Hot sauce. I should do that.

Yes please.

• Locked thread