Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.newsweek.com/rick-and-morty-season-4-release-date-delayed-update-cancelled-dan-harmon-901480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cartoon Network seems barely capable of tying their shoelaces nowadays, so it's not too surprising.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I wonder what'll be like to be 40 when Season 4 finally comes out.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

mrmcd posted:

I wonder what'll be like to be 40 when Season 4 finally comes out.

Insert noun below.

“I’m [noun] Riiiiiiick!” :shepicide:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Venture Bros fanbase welcomes you to the club.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

So, what's more likely; Dan Harmon being #MeToo'd (look at the guy and tell me he doesn't have skeletons in his closet) or this show actually it to season 4 or 5?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GoneRampant posted:

So, what's more likely; Dan Harmon being #MeToo'd (look at the guy and tell me he doesn't have skeletons in his closet) or this show actually it to season 4 or 5?

He already got metoo'd. He explained what he did and apologized and she apparently accepted that.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Dan Harmon has been known as a walking human trainwreck for so long even The Simpsons made fun of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diShKYcbVJA

My guess is they are still trying to weigh "the shitloads of money we can make from a rabid fan base" against "having to deal with said fan base" and "having to deal with Dan Harmon".

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
The question we must ask ourselves is do we even want Rick and Morty?

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, it's definitely a case of: the creators know they have really hot poo poo, and adult swim knows it's hot poo poo, and they're both just trying to get the best deal possible

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

mrmcd posted:

Dan Harmon has been known as a walking human trainwreck for so long even The Simpsons made fun of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diShKYcbVJA

Why the paintballs?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Why the paintballs?

There are many (perhaps too many) paintball related episodes in community

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Why the paintballs?

I assume due to awful rehash every season of Community's paintball episode each season. It was ok once. It was poo poo every subsequent time.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I mean it did give us Chris Pratt and that great joke in the Unity episode of season 2 so :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Some of Rick's less-than-expected responses are underappreciated in this.

"Welcome to the ancient bush cave of Uncle Barry. Gullahkalakalakalaka."
"Oh yeah?"

"CHAALEENE, BRING THESE RIPPER LEGENDS SOME STUBBIES AND A PACK OF MENTHOLS!"
"Siiiiick."

...get me every time.

Even if this weren't a regular thing, I'd watch the hell out of this if they rolled one out every few months.

My favorite thing is that Barry likes Rick right away when first meeting him but then when his dementia kicks in suddenly he doesn't get that same initial liking.

Dementia is a hell of a drug.

Also the way Barry's wife just casually says "oh no me hubby's dead" slays me

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: Dan Harmon gonna get fired from another show

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
On the one hand, I'd like more Rick and Morty.

On the other hand that would be perfect.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Baronjutter posted:

There are many (perhaps too many) paintball related episodes in community

Xenix posted:

I assume due to awful rehash every season of Community's paintball episode each season. It was ok once. It was poo poo every subsequent time.

Ah, that's right. Thanks.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: Dan Harmon gonna get fired from another show

Rick and Morty gets cancelled halfway into it's season 4 premiere because nobody stopped Justin Roiland from making a half hour tribute to fecal matter incest

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Rick and Morty gets cancelled halfway into it's season 4 premiere because nobody stopped Justin Roiland from making a half hour tribute to fecal matter incest

Eh, they can always replace it with Bushworld Adventures.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Venture Bros fanbase welcomes you to the club.

We certainly do!

As you are a new member of this club, allow me to tell you about the Welcome Package. ... ... ... it's great! But, it's taking me a long time to put together, then I have to wait for the folks in Asia to actually make the drat thing, then I have to review it, so you'll have your Welcome Package in no more than 500 days.

Oh, those are business days, quite obviously.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I missed the bar crawl.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It would still be a successful show even with the three seasons we already have. If you want an amazing show to live forever you get the last 20 seasons of The Simpsons, that's what you get.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It would still be a successful show even with the three seasons we already have. If you want an amazing show to live forever you get the last 20 seasons of The Simpsons, that's what you get.

between dan harmon's self destructive destiny, justin roiland being entirely willing to burn things down when he's bored, and mike lazzo's famous ability to put a bullet in a beloved show's head, i doubt this would survive a mediocre season.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think the “unprecedented situation” is probably cartoon network trying to negotiate for five more seasons or something outrageous like that. it fits their insane pattern and its about the only thing i can imagine dan harmon calling unprecedented

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

scary ghost dog posted:

i think the “unprecedented situation” is probably cartoon network trying to negotiate for five more seasons or something outrageous like that. it fits their insane pattern and its about the only thing i can imagine dan harmon calling unprecedented

Honestly for Dan Harmon everything proceding in a sensible direction at a steady pace with all sides acting like grown-ups who came to do business would qualify as "unprecedented".

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SiKboy posted:

Honestly for Dan Harmon everything proceding in a sensible direction at a steady pace with all sides acting like grown-ups who came to do business would qualify as "unprecedented".

That’s the unprecedented situation, the network is happy to keep working with him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe Harmon's sober and can't type with the DTs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe Harmon's sober and can't type with the DTs.

:lol: Dan Harmon sober. Imagine such a thing. Imagine being the kind of person who could believe that such a thing was possible.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

basic hitler posted:

between dan harmon's self destructive destiny, justin roiland being entirely willing to burn things down when he's bored, and mike lazzo's famous ability to put a bullet in a beloved show's head, i doubt this would survive a mediocre season.

so you're saying we're not getting a season four

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Unless Harmon and Roiland develop a feud this show will continue existing in a semi-limbo like state where every once in a while they release a few more episodes just like venture bros.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Odd Mutant posted:

so you're saying we're not getting a season four

Watch out, we got a hot take here!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'd be ok with us never getting more Rick and Morty.

At this point it can only get worse because it's pretty obviously already peaked.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
unprecedented situation is AS trying to replace Dan Harmon with the Bushworld Adventures guy and if the internet found out they would send million of stubbies and packs of menthols to the cartoon network offices until they made it happen

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

I'd be ok with us never getting more Rick and Morty.

At this point it can only get worse because it's pretty obviously already peaked.

Yeah, and the long delay for season 4, if we get it, will just make it that much more disappointing.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/justinroiland/status/991466005120536577?s=21

Was this ever scanned because I really need to know how it ends

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll take a pic for you.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Looks like this might be it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

edit that's it. ^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Finally, a Chick tract you don't mind finding a pile of in the break room.