Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

if anything we’re moving to an inflationary boom, and I’d welcome that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

SpaceGoku posted:

I'm the guy in the comments saying the company is mismanaged because they haven't fixed wages to number of passengers each driver carries

what if there was like an uber, but it drove along a set route and stopped every mile or so?

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Universe brain: take the passengers in, don't take fare, but never let them out.

They're now participating on your strike, too.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Grouchio posted:

If I were to become an economic analyst for a bank like TD, what field of economics in particular should I pay attention to and study?

I have an interview tomorrow for a potential position. Wish me luck!

I watch a lot of conference talks and the best prognosticators draw on a lot of economic history and economic geography.

(geography is cool)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Agronox posted:

it's the "flation" part that terrifies these old rich fucks

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

9-Volt Assault posted:

Lol i'm Dutch and we pay about 3 times as much for gas (7+ dollar per gallon) and society hasnt collapsed.

hi dutch we're america and poo poo works differently here, you might like actually need to see how our poo poo works before comparing your poo poo to ours

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We have annual minstrel shows where we put on blackface and dress up as Santa's dancing slaves and society hasn't collapsed so it's obviously fine.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

no see the blackface is fine and not racist because its part of our heritage, you yankees dont understand #mhga

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Agronox posted:

This is the doomsday I'm hoping for. Inflate away consumer/student debt.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I mean like, if we were such smarties to build our country below sea level we'd actually have to have our poo poo together or else it'd go all bioshock in a hurry(quicker than it is).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grognan posted:

I mean like, if we were such smarties to build our country below sea level we'd actually have to have our poo poo together or else it'd go all bioshock in a hurry(quicker than it is).

About that

https://twitter.com/themadstone/status/992020728361963520

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

We have annual minstrel shows where we put on blackface and dress up as Santa's dancing slaves and society hasn't collapsed so it's obviously fine.

Shear Modulus posted:

no see the blackface is fine and not racist because its part of our heritage, you yankees dont understand #mhga

Imagine being this butthurt when Trump is at a 50% approval rating.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

RT this post if you aren't going to pay your student loans back and you do not give one slippery gently caress about it

Thanks for the book learning fuckers, Benedict Anderson convinced me that the state system is bullshit and Eric Hobsbawm turned me into a communist

Egg Moron fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 3, 2018

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Best guess for this image: sargasso meri

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Wondering if there is any serious planning towards damming unreplenishable glacier meltwater.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Over Easy posted:

RT this post if you aren't going to pay your student loans back and you do not give one slippery gently caress about it

Thanks for the book learning fuckers, Benedict Anderson convinced me that the state system is bullshit and Eric Hobsbawm turned me into a communist

I'm insanely mad Ive spent so many years paying student loans instead of just saying gently caress it was eating a garnishment that would've been far cheaper in the long run

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fame Douglas posted:

lol now i'm wondering if trump would denounce blackface or not

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

Excuse me it's 41%

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao pretty much Tesla is debt bubble due to his incompetence for things like basic quality control and planning quality.

He pretty much needs to raise more cash through junk bonds and new stock offers to stay afloat.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is there anything that could stop Amazon's reign of terror

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This guy used to have sex cult orgies with ayn rand.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txw4GvEFGWs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

the government

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Uncle Wemus posted:

one slicey boi

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the economy is one of those old timey bombs except it has eight burning fuses

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
anyone up for a :toxx: deadpool (cash or online funny munny) for which industry kicks off the next recession? I still have high hopes for Silicon Valley to clown the veteran economy wreckers.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Agronox posted:

my extremely monday-morning-quarterback reading of indicators supports your prediction of imminent inflation, but doesn't shake my worries about an unemployment spike when companies cinch down labor even tighter in the next and arguably current cyclic contraction because that's their only aggregate competence i've seen demonstrated post-'08 which to my understanding would meet the prereqs for a stagflationary period.

if you have any clues about nominal employment remaining robust and demand increasing in a way it hasn't in the last decade, i'm all ears though

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
just tell me, the fundamentals are good, right?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Teal posted:

do the fundamentals even exist

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Teal posted:

Yuuuge. They are yuge.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

This guy used to have sex cult orgies with ayn rand.

he ate her rancid unwashed rear end

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dr. Killjoy posted:

anyone up for a :toxx: deadpool (cash or online funny munny) for which industry kicks off the next recession? I still have high hopes for Silicon Valley to clown the veteran economy wreckers.

did they close the predictit thread or something

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I'm insanely mad Ive spent so many years paying student loans instead of just saying gently caress it was eating a garnishment that would've been far cheaper in the long run

I am 10 years out from school and I haven't paid poo poo and the only material consequences have been phone calls I never answer.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I;m thinking about thos fundamentals

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
SHUT THE gently caress UP GREENSPAN HOLY poo poo

The stagflation of the 70s was the result of rising wages indusing inflation, which capital responded to by cutting investment and raising prices (bevause the last they they were ever going to do 8s cut their own salaries).

Right now, wages are low historically, and that's creating a lack of demands and a crisis of underconsumption.

These stupid rich shitheads only remember and compare what we have now to then, to stagflation of the 70s, because they want an excuse to keep wages low, and raising the spectre of stagflation is a way to do that.

But that's not going to solve a loving depression, which is what we're actually heading into.

Hoky poo poo these guys are morons.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rudatron posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP GREENSPAN HOLY poo poo

The stagflation of the 70s was the result of rising wages indusing inflation, which capital responded to by cutting investment and raising prices (bevause the last they they were ever going to do 8s cut their own salaries).

Right now, wages are low historically, and that's creating a lack of demands and a crisis of underconsumption.

These stupid rich shitheads only remember and compare what we have now to then, to stagflation of the 70s, because they want an excuse to keep wages low, and raising the spectre of stagflation is a way to do that.

But that's not going to solve a loving depression, which is what we're actually heading into.

Hoky poo poo these guys are morons.

It's probably because the finance sector hates inflation since it makes it easier for debtors to deal with their creditors.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

holy gently caress, that cretin is still alive?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

i hope he lives to see the doom go down again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

He was angry and bitter since Ayn Rand didn't want to touch his pee pee.

US finance sector makes sense when you realize that many of the top players like Greenspan were objectivist shitheads.