Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Kibble dishes are also pretty dry in the books. Not dehydrated, exactly, but it does sort of reconstitute in the mouth. Texturally, it's intended not to make a mess in low/no gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Jesus gently caress I should not have watched that last episode before going to sleep...

spiderbyte
Nov 14, 2016

DarkCrawler posted:

Jesus gently caress I should not have watched that last episode before going to sleep...

Right? I was not expecting that from this show. I'm glad they don't feel constrained, but geez that was gruesome.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Wouldn't this actually be somewhat trivial to do in Io gravity? Wikipedia tells me it's 0.183g

And now that I looked it up, our Moon is actually 0.1654g, so Io is actually slightly stronger, hunh. Do you think the Apollo astronauts could have pulled off a sick wall run off the lunar lander if they weren't burdened with those clunky suits? I like to think they could.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

NZAmoeba posted:

Wouldn't this actually be somewhat trivial to do in Io gravity? Wikipedia tells me it's 0.183g

And now that I looked it up, our Moon is actually 0.1654g, so Io is actually slightly stronger, hunh. Do you think the Apollo astronauts could have pulled off a sick wall run off the lunar lander if they weren't burdened with those clunky suits? I like to think they could.

Yeah, but that kid also grew up in low-g so it's still kind of impressive. But yeah, Amos could probably make it up there in one jump.

spiderbyte
Nov 14, 2016

NZAmoeba posted:

I wish they were able to show more of a range of graivities than zero-g and 1g, but I understand that is really really difficult due to budget reasons.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

spiderbyte posted:

I wish they were able to show more of a range of graivities than zero-g and 1g, but I understand that is really really difficult due to budget reasons.

They have before. When Miller poured a drink in the first season, he held the glass further out because the liquid wouldn't fall as fast.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

They have before. When Miller poured a drink in the first season, he held the glass further out because the liquid wouldn't fall as fast.

wasn't that because of the coriolis effect though

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It was both, the bottle had to be held further away because of low g and also to the side as the pour would spiral off because Coriolis.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The lazy bird flapping every couple seconds on Ceres was a good low g thing.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006
God I love this show.

Not sure who my favorite character is at this point.

Amos
Drummer
Cotyar Ghazi
Bobby

ah who am I kidding, it's Amos.

Yeah, it is a shame it is tough to do anything other than 1 or 0 g somewhat convincingly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bobbie casually lifting her arm while doing a 6g burn in the razorback was a bit of a gaff.

They ended season 2 with the Roci still near Ganymede right? In terms of distance, Io is pretty much next door, relatively speaking. They're taking their sweet time getting there with all their detours and space battles and salvage

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arcsquad12 posted:

Bobbie casually lifting her arm while doing a 6g burn in the razorback was a bit of a gaff.

They ended season 2 with the Roci still near Ganymede right? In terms of distance, Io is pretty much next door, relatively speaking. They're taking their sweet time getting there with all their detours and space battles and salvage

Ships move at the speed of plot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Toast Museum posted:

Kibble dishes are also pretty dry in the books. Not dehydrated, exactly, but it does sort of reconstitute in the mouth. Texturally, it's intended not to make a mess in low/no gravity.

Since it's Belter food, I always pictured it as dog kibble, but for humans.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Fister Roboto posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Arcsquad12 posted:

She was wearing power armor, wasn't she?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

She was wearing power armor, wasn't she?

Just her undersuit, but later she did say "I've trained in much stronger G's than this" so I figured that arm raise wasn't a big deal for her

Edit: she did arm wrestle a robot arm

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She doesn't look that strong IMO. I think Gal Gadot could kick her rear end even without krav maga.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, but that kid also grew up in low-g so it's still kind of impressive. But yeah, Amos could probably make it up there in one jump.

Really want to see Amos Batmanning around now.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Amos is scary enough without being able to reach high places.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Really want to see Amos Batmanning around now.

Well he did go monkey bar the other night.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mu Zeta posted:

She doesn't look that strong IMO. I think Gal Gadot could kick her rear end even without krav maga.

Isn't she a professional boxer?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MizPiz posted:

And Samoan

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MizPiz posted:

How can her face be so pretty if she's a boxer? I bet she did like 2 matches a decade ago. Also her butt is really soft and plump. She's thicccccc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ah I see we're just starting to enter the "say weird and possibly misogynist poo poo while creeping on one of the actresses" phase of the thread.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 7, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

She's an amateur boxer, and again, she's of Samoan heritage and has a pretty common Polynesian body type, have a look for photos of the Samoan and New Zealand Women's Rugby teams

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 7, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i saw an interview with frankie adams where she's like "Yeah they don't have any knowledge of Polynesians over there, they're like 'Woah who's this amazonian goddess?' and it's like, you do realize there are thousands of us in the south Pacific"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Crazycryodude posted:

Ah I see we're just starting to enter the "say weird and possibly misogynist poo poo while creeping on one of the actresses" phase of the thread.

yeah, the show doesn't sexualize her at all right

beep boop I'm a bot so I can't mention people are pretty

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

yeah, the show doesn't sexualize her at all right

beep boop I'm a bot so I can't mention people are pretty

"her butt is really soft and plump. She's thicccccc."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mu Zeta posted:

How can her face be so pretty if she's a boxer? I bet she did like 2 matches a decade ago. Also her butt is really soft and plump. She's thicccccc.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I feel bad the Gerstmann is being associated with these bad posts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm sorry I just think the av is great in this case :)

She's def attractive tho

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Fister Roboto posted:

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Speaking of Bobbie and red kibble, there's a scene around the midpoint of the episode where she brings food to her and Avasarala's quarters. It's fairly minor, but after Avasarala walks off without eating, Bobbie takes a bite and you get a split second view of her realizing what she just put in her mouth.

It doesn't seem pleasant.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I think she is hot but Avassarala in the jump suit is the most sexy image this TV show has provided, IMHO

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the question is whether (this) belter food is horrendous or whether Naomi is a bad cook.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

double nine posted:

the question is whether (this) belter food is horrendous or whether Naomi is a bad cook.

Could be both, but I'd lean toward the former. Kibble dishes are Belter subsistence food. If you didn't grow up eating it, you're probably not going to love it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A ways back someone mentioned that they felt Alex calling his family all of a sudden seemed out of place. Well, I think that Alex called them as a reaction to seeing his family on the Roci start to fracture so he needed some closure with his own fractured family. It's not a coincidence that his next scene after his wife replies is to try and patch things up with Naomi and try to fix the wound between her and everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I got to say: Naomi did nothing wrong. And Amos of all people should recognize it