Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Honestly it is a bit frustrating...

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll share this and destroy the confidence of my mason bros

But I am also in an unconfirmed masonry with illegally sober and ice phoenix

As a result of my discord questioning I have a strong feeling he may be scum

As of right now I would consider voting

Pod
Ice Phoenix

##vote ice phoenix

Let's get some content rolling

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Pod
Ice Phoenix

##vote ice phoenix

:monocle:

Actually I assume that's why there are lurkers here... everything's OoT

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

Wow I did not realize that Asiina and Phoenix had posted so little. Do you guys have any contributions you would like to make?

After I screwed up on Yami not really.

As far as my posting, I already said why my postcount sucks. Not that I really expect anyone to believe me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Moatillata posted:

Pod
Ice Phoenix

##vote ice phoenix

Would you care to elaborate on your questioning?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Pod
Ice Phoenix

##vote ice phoenix

I don't have time to post more at the moment but I'll confirm Moat's statement re: our masonry.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Actually I'm gonna ##vote moat as well

I admit this is partially omgus.

But also his "line of questioning" was just "hey you should tell me who your scumbuddies are" and "don't worry if you help us we'll make sure you're last" which is just so disingenuous to A: imply to others that he actually questioned me and B: act like he would have believed anything I said.

I also had sort of been ignoring/resisting the stuff posted about him in the thread because I was hoping that he'd turn out being ok because it was nice to have people to talk to outside of the thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Honestly, there is still more content in IP than Moat.

I'd be interested to know what specifically in the Masonry has you two feeling IP is scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IcePhoenix posted:

But also his "line of questioning" was just "hey you should tell me who your scumbuddies are" and "don't worry if you help us we'll make sure you're last" which is just so disingenuous to A: imply to others that he actually questioned me and B: act like he would have believed anything I said.

I also had sort of been ignoring/resisting the stuff posted about him in the thread because I was hoping that he'd turn out being ok because it was nice to have people to talk to outside of the thread.

I was hoping for this because literally he just told me he thought I was town yesterday in mason chat and that there were at least "5 other peeps" he would kill before me

:D

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

:monocle:

Actually I assume that's why there are lurkers here... everything's OoT

I was thinking this as well

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
For my own reference later

:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Moatillata (3): GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix
IcePhoenix (1): Moatillata

Not Voting (7): Asiina, Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, IllegallySober, Monathin, Podima, SalTheBard

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 09th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours from this post.

:]

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

I was hoping for this because literally he just told me he thought I was town yesterday in mason chat and that there were at least "5 other peeps" he would kill before me

That is p. bad, and if IS attested to it, I'd be more inclined to vote them, but up until now, until this moment where you thought you've been able to actually incriminate someone, you've said very little that had an impact on the game or cases put forth... so forgive me if I'm not willing to buy it hook, line and sinker.

However, like I said, I can't disagree that this looks not good on IceBird's part.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

More falisifying

the direct answer to asking me if I thought he was scum:

so I guess if pressed to yes or no, I'd say no right now
but I also wouldn't say yes if I had to say if I thought you were town

And while I did say that there were five others, that was when he asked me. Obviously things have changed since then.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Will I get modkilled for posting a screenshot?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also it's true he never said "you're town" but good lord the hedgiest of hedges

If I can't ss it I'll just type it out

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Probably

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

how did you respond to that line of questioning?

IcePhoenix posted:

More falisifying

And while I did say that there were five others, that was when he asked me. Obviously things have changed since then.

who were the five?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

hi pod i wanted to ask about something. i didn't really want to revisit this lol but oh well

[snip]

there are a few days between these posts, but i was wondering if you could let me know why your view has changed, or why you think my explanation or justification doesn't say why i thought you were scum?

IIRC I was trying to refute the point against Asiina that she was being scummy by saying your case was bad and dropping a vote on you without saying why, by pointing out that she did explain herself? Both of you (hilariously in retrospect) made reads/votes without explaining them further until prompted.

(I'll be honest my eyes crossed while trying to reread and untangle that snarl of cross-quotes, but I'm fairly sure that's it.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Grab your nearest foil rolls and begin layering it on your domes folks, it's conspiracy time:

[snip]

This poo poo post in particular, in a series of poo poo posts, pings me because it sounds to me like a smarmy admission of guilt. Innocuous in the context of all his posting, but with a cult cop flipped and his lack of contribution to the game up to this point... I wouldn't be surprised if Moat was a Cult Recruiter

##unvote ##vote Moat

So your big conspiracy theory boils down to "I think Moat cultclaimed as a joke"? That's nonsense.

(I don't discount that the flips paint a picture of being at risk, though. The differences in kill flavor are interesting, IIRC Ecco does distinguish kill flavor depending on who's performing it.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

I didn't mean that altho that is suspect to me, I was more talking about someone saying something to the effect that they were skipping TNLs posts

My theory is shot to poo poo now and really it was a long shot anyway. It hinged on yami flipping scum (Sorry yams)

I am gonna need to reread because I'm p much adrift and I am beginning to think that we may have a scum team of lurkers which p much sucks for us

What WAS your theory though? I'm curious and anything might help at this point.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Also are you saying my content is worse than no content because there are 2 people with less posts than the mod (I'm not counting gene since he just replaced in)

The fact that pod is not holding their feet to the fires is confounding to me and also contributes to my suspicion of him now that I think about it

Uh I literally called out people for not posting at EOD yesterday, not sure what more you're looking for.

Podima posted:

I was making a list here and then I realized that a lot of people haven't posted more than once or twice today: Atomic Soda, Asiina, IllegallySober, Monathin. What gives, guys? (GeneX obviously gets a pass because he just replaced in.)

That being said, I am very unlikely to vote anyone who is here and posting today over a lurker, other factors notwithstanding. Lurkers are causing a serious problem for this game and I'm not thrilled about it. (The kill choices are also really lovely for that same reason.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Dont post a goddamn screenshot! You can PM Ecco to confirm but I'd strongly suggest paraphrasing rather than retyping verbatim.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

More falisifying

Can you elaborate on what's changed other than Moat calling you out? I also echo AS' question of who the other five were in your mind at that time.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Sal, indulge me. Who have you been targeting each night so far and why? (Yes, I know you've claimed roleblocked, but I'm curious about your thought process since it presumably ties into reads you might have.)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

IIRC I was trying to refute the point against Asiina that she was being scummy by saying your case was bad and dropping a vote on you without saying why, by pointing out that she did explain herself? Both of you (hilariously in retrospect) made reads/votes without explaining them further until prompted.

(I'll be honest my eyes crossed while trying to reread and untangle that snarl of cross-quotes, but I'm fairly sure that's it.)

hm, agree asiina did explain herself, but my issue is more that you seemed to change your read on my post in order to defend her. there is the fact that it was several days ago.

i think what i'm saying is that i find it a little suss but not enough to push atm

Podima posted:

What WAS your theory though? I'm curious and anything might help at this point.

i am also curious tell us moat

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

I'm getting around to it but I couldn't let my desire to be culted go unsaid

Do you think Sal is scum? Why do you think keane was the target? Do you think the cult cop is a red herring like last game?

I entirely missed this!

Do I think Sal is scum? No, I don't have a reason to disbelieve his claim.

Why do I think Keane was the target? Unsure. He was pressing pretty hard at the Yami-vs-IcePhoenix flavor thing, and I don't want to forget that today. There's also this:

CCKeane posted:

I think Ninth was murdered because he was suspicious of AS.

Do I think the cult cop is a red herring? I'm hoping so, since that's a bad flip to start D3 with and Ecco is fond of misleading roles.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Hey Sal, indulge me. Who have you been targeting each night so far and why? (Yes, I know you've claimed roleblocked, but I'm curious about your thought process since it presumably ties into reads you might have.)

Night 1 was Max / GeneX (It was purely an OMGUS decision. I also was trying to determine if Max was trustworthy or not)
Night 2 was Asiina (I was hoping that on the off chance I didn't get role blocked I could determine if Asiina was trust worthy or not)

I'm not really sure the best way to "wield" this power. I was hoping to use it as a trust building tool.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Do I think the cult cop is a red herring? I'm hoping so, since that's a bad flip to start D3 with and Ecco is fond of misleading roles.

My biggest concern is to not ignore the existence of a Cult Cop, but in the last Ecco game I played in we went CRAZY with the whole cult thing for it to be a red herring, however that doesn't mean that it is 100% a red herring.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atomic Soda posted:

how did you respond to that line of questioning?

I mocked it because it's like a second grader asking "Do your parents know you're gay?"

quote:

who were the five?

Don't fully remember but just off what I can remember it was probably a combination of Yami, Sal, AA, Asiina, Pod, yourself (AS), and Max/Gene.

I'd have to relook at things to change up my fab five for today but we still have quite a while until deadline.

Podima posted:

Can you elaborate on what's changed other than Moat calling you out? I also echo AS' question of who the other five were in your mind at that time.
I basically just stopped doing this since he wanted to draw the line instead of being masonbuddies.

IcePhoenix posted:

Also while we're talking theories, I'm wondering if everyone in the game is in an unconfirmed masonry, and on top of that I feel like it's possible for one person in each one to be scum.

As another tangent, it bothers me that IS hasn't posted after this

IllegallySober posted:

I don't have time to post more at the moment but I'll confirm Moat's statement re: our masonry.

considering he's been privy to all our mason chat, but I do know he's going through some IRL stuff so hopefully he'll have time by tomorrow.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Dont post a goddamn screenshot! You can PM Ecco to confirm but I'd strongly suggest paraphrasing rather than retyping verbatim.

I will take this as if the gospel of ecco herself and will type it out after dinner

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IcePhoenix posted:

I mocked it because it's like a second grader asking "Do your parents know you're gay?"

But seriously tho do your parents know?

Podima posted:

I entirely missed this!

Do I think Sal is scum? No, I don't have a reason to disbelieve his claim.

Why do I think Keane was the target? Unsure. He was pressing pretty hard at the Yami-vs-IcePhoenix flavor thing, and I don't want to forget that today. There's also this:

Thanks podrick this response is making me feel a bit better about you

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

But seriously tho do your parents know?

Thanks podrick this response is making me feel a bit better about you

A joke and pandering.

The way you've come to the thread suddenly is strange.

Then if what IP claims is true, your questioning was also mostly jokes. I'm having a hard time taking you as sincere

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Moat: I am feeling like I am suspicious of you frosty phoenix

Phoenix: sure you are, it is because our alignments are not known in this masonry of cool assassin bros

Moat: (it is now the second game day and we have a good amount of chat) That doesn't really make sense; for instance I feel better about Sober than you

Phoenix: I mean, I have the same amount of suspicion about you and our dear friend illegallysober

:thunk:

Moat: give us your scumbros and we can make sure you are the last lynch, WE CAN AFFORD YOU PROTECTION

Phoenix: *ignoring my joking accusations proceeds to act like I am asking him about posting about the masonry in thread*

*Illegallysober wanders in confused by this behavior*

Sober: cockney accent WHATS ALL THIS THEN EH?

Moat: *deciding to ask a direct question* do you believe me to be scum?

Phoenix: If I was forced to choose, I would put you in the firing line; but then, I would shoot 5 others first; and also lets not forget there are 13 people on the line, but if i was really forced to say in the affirmative or negative, as of this moment I would say negative, but if asked if i believe you to be a townie I wouldn't answer in the affirmative.

Moat: :psyboom:

I hope to god I switched enough words to not get mod killed. Otherwise its been fun guys. I think sober will agree this is p spot on. He has been lurking in chat lately too; I assume he is really busy. He was much chattier before the work week started.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that's close enough to be accurate

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't fully remember but just off what I can remember it was probably a combination of Yami, Sal, AA, Asiina, Pod, yourself (AS), and Max/Gene.

I'd have to relook at things to change up my fab five for today but we still have quite a while until deadline.

I basically just stopped doing this since he wanted to draw the line instead of being masonbuddies.

Also while we're talking theories, I'm wondering if everyone in the game is in an unconfirmed masonry, and on top of that I feel like it's possible for one person in each one to be scum.

As another tangent, it bothers me that IS hasn't posted after this

considering he's been privy to all our mason chat, but I do know he's going through some IRL stuff so hopefully he'll have time by tomorrow.

Moatillata posted:

Phoenix: If I was forced to choose, I would put you in the firing line; but then, I would shoot 5 others first; and also lets not forget there are 13 people on the line, but if i was really forced to say in the affirmative or negative, as of this moment I would say negative, but if asked if i believe you to be a townie I wouldn't answer in the affirmative.

you listed seven, why would you have voted these people over moat? i assume the chat didn't go further into who these people were at the time? it doesn't make me feel good that you're so vague about who the five people you had stronger scum vibes for were.

moat indulge me what was your theory?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atomic Soda posted:

you listed seven, why would you have voted these people over moat?

Like I said, I can't remember who it was exactly, those are just people that at some point were on my radar ahead of moat.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

moat indulge me what was your theory?

Like tears in the rain

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This game is really tough. I want to say hats off to scum team so far. I came into this game thinking this was going to be easier, but loving hell.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Like tears in the rain

omg are you threatening me????!

what's lost can be found again, and scrutinised.

IcePhoenix posted:

Like I said, I can't remember who it was exactly, those are just people that at some point were on my radar ahead of moat.

hmmm who was your top scum read after yami?

SalTheBard posted:

This game is really tough. I want to say hats off to scum team so far. I came into this game thinking this was going to be easier, but loving hell.

stop patting yourself on the back sal :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Most of my personal life drama is dealt with for the moment so I can return to the game.

On my break this morning I'm just going to go ahead and paraphrase our entire mason chat as I think it'll be helpful for the thread and may help us sort out some things regarding my mason partners.

• Locked thread