Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
im the amish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Selling quilts, but with blockchain.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

EorayMel posted:

im the amish

get off the internet you're making god cry

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

guys according to my calculations we're only a few years away from widespread adoption of the quiltchain

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i wish people who use the word instant to describe bitcoin and bitcoin likes would explode

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it’s just like how literally means virtually

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

YOU FOOL! YOU VULGAR NEANDERTHAL AND OPPORTUNISTIC infection!
As IF, you could NEVER be wrong!! As if you saw the 2008 Meltdown coming and said so...which you DID NOT!
As If you saw the DOT COM meltdown on the horizon and warned the human race - you didn't!!! You dung and vomit fed, witless, immoral rash on the butt of a slime mold in Hell! Go gargle a hand grenade you simpering stammering sycophant! FOOL!

who trained a markov bot on shakespearean insults and r/bitcoin?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bitcoiin: thou whoreson i, thou unnecessary letter

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

crypt o' cats: still a thing in the month of our lord may apparently

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

OldAlias posted:

it’s just like how literally means virtually

this is :wrong: on so many levels.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

virtual ally is my favourite super hero

i cried when thermos killed him in the new superman movie

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

It sounds like an exaggeration, until you remember that "Human Trafficking Coin" is not an one-off suggestion, it's a category that keeps coming up, and the only things cryptocurrencies have been good for is killing bitcoiners, money laundering and wasting resources.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

i agree with this chart completely

specifically the upper right corner saying it only applies to a currency that is decentralized, with low fees and instant transactions :kiddo:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

crypt o' cats: still a thing in the month of our lord may apparently

golden bay warriors are sponsored by the dude who owns rakuten who has a massive hardon for buttcoin and blockchain, and tech fads in general

he bought a million USD worth of buttcoin last year or the year before, bragged about it to the entire company at their weekly(!) all-hands meeting, and encouraged staff to take him up on an offer to be paid part of their salary in butts

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Jonny Nox posted:

Here is a person who doesn't like American swearing because it lacks creativity.

The stupid tryhard fuckhead.

someone who will never get that it's the venom of the delivery and not the words themselves

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Feinne posted:

someone who will never get that it's the venom of the delivery and not the words themselves

FOOOOOOL

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:drat:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Feinne posted:

My mother in a nutshell.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Bunni-kat posted:

My mother in a nutshell.

youare mother has a venomous birth canal?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.chepicap.com/en/news/171/chinese-student.html posted:

A Chinese college student has set a sobering example of how not to handle crypto trading after being discovered in a Cambodian resort, fleeing mounting debt.

The student who is in his 20s lost over $23,000 trading cryptocurrencies, taking out loans and selling all of his belongings in an effort to recoup his losses.

Liu Ke discovered cryptocurrencies in late 2017 when the market was skyrocketing in value, with much excitement among the community. After some brief initial success that earned him around $300, he began trading in Bitcoin futures on OKEx, investing $15,000 despite only having $1000 in his account.

By February 2018 he had borrowed over $6,000 and inevsted his college tuition money worth $1500 as well. After incurring debts of $23,000 the student fled to Cambodia where he tried to make money gambling and submitting himself to human drug testing research. His brief journey through the world of crypto trading should be taken as a cautionary tale for anyone getting too carried away - FOMO is a hell of a drug!

finally someone won the bcoiin

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Weatherman posted:

youare mother has a venomous birth canal?

Yeah. I blame it for how hosed up I am.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'd like to know more about the cambodian human experimentation

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

youare mother's venomous birth canal is making the something aweful web forums too crowded, is that how the quote goes?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Boxturret posted:

i'm sad for the man but the story is extremely bitcoin, which is funny to me

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

The student who is in his 20s lost over $23,000 trading cryptocurrencies, taking out loans and selling all of his belongings in an effort to recoup his losses.

Liu Ke discovered cryptocurrencies in late 2017 when the market was skyrocketing in value, with much excitement among the community.

hmm, he doesn't seem liuke to me! :rimshot:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Bunni-kat posted:

Yeah. I blame it for how hosed up I am.

:wrong:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Weatherman posted:

golden bay warriors are sponsored by the dude who owns rakuten who has a massive hardon for buttcoin and blockchain, and tech fads in general

he bought a million USD worth of buttcoin last year or the year before, bragged about it to the entire company at their weekly(!) all-hands meeting, and encouraged staff to take him up on an offer to be paid part of their salary in butts

rakuten also did a customer loyalty points programme On Teh Blokchain thing, but I thought that was just marketing.

Kobo Rakuten also sell ebooks, i think i've sold >0 copies through them

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

divabot posted:

rakuten also did a customer loyalty points programme On Teh Blokchain thing, but I thought that was just marketing.

p. much. dude has two cash cows (rakuten marketing and rakuten ichiba) stapled to the side of his conglomerate, and he's one of the richest ppl in glorious nippon, but he has a severe, like planet-sized, case of inferiority complex. he's not smart enough to take rakuten any further than where it is now, unlike your jeff bezos or satya nutella, but he desperately wants to show that he's the smartest boy in japanese tech, so he basically set up a system of firehoses inside the company that spray cash at every fad that crosses his desk and has at least one non-japanese person somewhere in the world on record as saying "boy howdy <this tech> is going to be big!"

dude needs to take his cash, sell his comapny, let someone competent run it, and go set up an incubator somewhere so he can play at being a venture crapitalist

Weatherman fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 8, 2018

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
oh no, won't somebody think of the poor billionaire('s investment decisions)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

divabot posted:

I NEED TITLES FOR THE SEQUEL

the loved one favours The Good, The Bad and the Blockchain: For A Few Bitcoins More

but there's any number of possibilities

A Fistful Of Bitcoins
Invasion of the Crypto Snatchers
Invasion of the Bride of the 50 Foot Blockchain From 50,000 Fathoms

ideas wanted to steal

im twenty pages behind so maybe its been said but

Dr. Crypto: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blockchain

i kinda think its important for the title to sound neutral or even positive otherwise youre just preaching to the choir

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Wheany posted:

oh no, won't somebody think of the poor billionaire('s investment decisions)

im thinking mainly of his clueless staff and investors

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

LastInLine posted:

im twenty pages behind so maybe its been said but

Dr. Crypto: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blockchain

i kinda think its important for the title to sound neutral or even positive otherwise youre just preaching to the choir

Shamefully, he's writing a book on Idiots Worrying About Sentient AI instead.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Boxturret posted:

does china have debtors prisons?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

We don't need more bezos in the world.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 8, 2018

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

WARNING: btcoinmixer.com is a SCAM (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 2 hours ago by JungProfessional

Their website claims to be a tumbler but in actually they will just steal your bitcoins. They did this to me and never responded to my messages.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Boxturret posted:

:wrong:

they use yuan there

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So did the SEC rule Ethereum a security yet? Thought that was coming yesterday but I don't see anything about it.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

does china have debtors prisons?

Yes, but they just sell your organs.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Okay smart guy, then why am I hosed up? Tht's wut I thogh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.

Boxturret posted:

youare mother's venomous birth canal is making the something aweful web forums too crowded, is that how the quote goes?

Boxturret coming in with the 13.5-year-old Something Awful deep cuts.

• Locked thread