Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Man now I wanna know what Tekehu's quest is.

Also just from carting Tekehu and Maia around, while I think most of the relevant conversations fired, they eventually literally hugged it out which I feel this was a bit early for. I haven't even left Neketaka. Though I have done like almost everything I can here besides the Sepulcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Got Pallegina, did her initial level ups, closed the menu and tried to take a step. Xoti and her immediately blew up into a "it's her or me" standoff.

I find it hard to believe relations are intended to progress quite that quickly.

Positively, I really liked how Eder commented that while I was a Rude Dude (Cruelty 4), he respected that I was in general channeling it toward good deeds. Nice accounting for rep vs. results, props.

Got a fair amount of Berath Bux and am going to cool my jets until the import fix. Really looking forward to a serious playthrough.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 11, 2018

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

lurksion posted:

LMAO that Vela interaction came out of nowhere.

Pallegina asked what she did on the ship. Vela returns the standard clean, mend, etc. Pallegina then wondered if she would fit into one of the cannons. To clean them, but there's a hilarious delay before that comes up

Pallegina has... issues with kids.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
For those wondering about Fassina: talk to her after her boss is back in town after you've robbed him blind.

Got myself a front line conjurer now.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
So I just had a principi / valian / huana sidequest where I went out and completely destroyed a slaver colony despite the protests of one and a half of these groups and none of my companions remarked on it, even a little. That seems... Odd. Rope kid is this a bug or intentional.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I made a level 1 character just to see what my Berath's Blessing would buy me now that I have 31 Berath points.

Ok then. Thanks, freaky lady/dwarf, that's not bad.

It's not enough to restart but I've been kind of annoyed by some of my skill/stat choices on my main -- and the druid starting skills in general -- so I think I'm just going to cheat engine the poo poo out of this, plus give me back the skill buffs I bought in Neketaka that respeccing ate up.

E: I could have even more starting skills, if I'd picked a better background. Artist or Mystic would have two skills more. You can probably minmax classes better but I wanted a War Caller so I made a War Caller.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 11, 2018

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Any thoughts on multiclassing Serafen as barbarian and cipher?

Neveo
Oct 7, 2011
Okay I have to know, is there anyway to resolve Palleginas quest without having to kill the captain or anyone

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Kith posted:

Not even close.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I couldn't stomach much of the first one.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Inverness posted:

Any thoughts on multiclassing Serafen as barbarian and cipher?

It really didn't gel in my experience. Frenzy didn't really contribute to the spells and I felt each class' playstyles were sufficiently contradictory to each other (or oversimilar in a few cases) that combining the two never felt like a superior alternative to specializing in one. My personal opinion, of course, but I'll just have him be a pure cypher on my restart.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 11, 2018

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Holy cow the far southwest island is bonkers. Since it's so close to Maje I don't know if everyone finds it early but it had the craziest tomb I've seen so far. It had like 50 traps and ended with a pretty DnD puzzle. Then the west part of the island has an amazing little event where you meet another adventuring party and swap stories while camping (if you didn't murder them like a lunatic). That island was great.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Just fought the Kraken at Cignath Mór, what a disappointment. I tore through it like a wet paper towel.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

So uh do you pretty much have to take Maia to not run over traps constantly? She's the only npc with better than mediocre perception.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Neveo posted:

Okay I have to know, is there anyway to resolve Palleginas quest without having to kill the captain or anyone
Answer the questions correctly, duh.

Abortion Good
Scary tech regulate or allow
Let your enemy get punished (Cruel)
Save many by killing one - don't kill

Think that was all of them?

They do drop a bucket load of quality gear if you kill them though

lurksion fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 11, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

So uh do you pretty much have to take Maia to not run over traps constantly? She's the only npc with better than mediocre perception.

Well, you could also have played a Ranger yourself I guess. That's what I did.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Found my guy, they did about as well as they could making my concept serviceable (my original idea was an ascetic fallen Paladin drinking seawater to hallucinate), but he’s still a lil corny I think.

What I loved was that he was given my item, and the dialogue suggests the story of the item isn’t actually over, and that he’s part of it.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

corn in the bible posted:

Well, you could also have played a Ranger yourself I guess. That's what I did.

There are classes for which people don't pump perception? Other than pure support priest/druid/chanter, I guess.

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal

ded posted:

Clicking it, unclicking it, restarting steam, reinstalling poe1. Still stays as not installed. Any way to fix this?

I have the same question, how do you get this Gaun's Pledge DLC to install? I think I used the ring in PoE1 most of the game.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
The AI behavior editor doesn't allow me to select the takedown ability of Maia's bird. This even though the default cautions ranger behavior has them configured. This is the only ability it has currently.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Need some quest related help here: Principi - Symbols of Death

I've gone to Neketaka and talked to the folks at the temple; they sent me into the catacombs below to find the tomb but the door that I need to open requires the names of both skeletons guarding it. I found the one on the left (Borthwn), but I have no idea where I can find the name of the one on the right. Help!

Thanks.

edit - nvm, it was in my inventory the entire time

marxismftw fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 11, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Begin chanting: Nemnok, Nemnok

game loving owns.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Managed to play for a few hours today. The difference in the quality of the combat between this and the first game is staggering! It feels like every aspect of the gameplay has seen a major improvement.

I'm playing a transcendent as a sort of practice run to get achievements for Berath's blessing and I'm shocked there are people who aren't impressed with soul blade. Soul annihilation means you deal more than double damage every other hit! Maybe it gets less bonkers later because of scaling, but since it scales with your focus, which scales with your melee damage, it will always represent a massive damage boost on any melee character, particularly those that use single weapons or two handers. And you get soul whip and some cipher powers as a bonus.

It's making me really question playing a wanderer, even though if I'm doing my math right, each point of accuracy gives a massive damage boost to a high level monk, and ranger has by far the most accuracy of any class, not to mention the animal companion.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
So guys have any of you discovered the consequence of siding with different gods in Pillars 1 ending? I sided with Rymgrand or whtever his name was and have yet to see any consequence. I also sacrificed a companion to blood pool but the effect did not carry over, is this just an import bug?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So is stat buffs from multiple items stacking intended? Like from 2 different pieces of equipment. I'm sitting on 26 Int :eyepop:

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Managed to play for a few hours today. The difference in the quality of the combat between this and the first game is staggering! It feels like every aspect of the gameplay has seen a major improvement.

I'm playing a transcendent as a sort of practice run to get achievements for Berath's blessing and I'm shocked there are people who aren't impressed with soul blade. Soul annihilation means you deal more than double damage every other hit! Maybe it gets less bonkers later because of scaling, but since it scales with your focus, which scales with your melee damage, it will always represent a massive damage boost on any melee character, particularly those that use single weapons or two handers. And you get soul whip and some cipher powers as a bonus.

It's making me really question playing a wanderer, even though if I'm doing my math right, each point of accuracy gives a massive damage boost to a high level monk, and ranger has by far the most accuracy of any class, not to mention the animal companion.

Compared to the higher level monk abilities soul annihilation feels really bad. Pure monk is genuinely better because of how good some of those abilities you get sooner are.

Or barb monk for the ridiculous criticals. Ridiculous criticals.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

So is stat buffs from multiple items stacking intended? Like from 2 different pieces of equipment. I'm sitting on 26 Int :eyepop:

Yes. They removed the stacking rules from Pillars 1, though I think there are still some limitations in place for active buffs from abilities and stuff like that.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Act III This is just after detonating a bomb in the Royal Deadfire Company's powderhouse -

Eder :allears:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
too many cats and dogs to collect, and i've gotta have them all.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Does this game still run at 30-40 fps and suffer from micro stutters on top end systems like the first game?

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

OoohU posted:

Does this game still run at 30-40 fps and suffer from micro stutters on top end systems like the first game?

Yes. YMMV.

Savy Saracen salad posted:

So guys have any of you discovered the consequence of siding with different gods in Pillars 1 ending? I sided with Rymgrand or whtever his name was and have yet to see any consequence. I also sacrificed a companion to blood pool but the effect did not carry over, is this just an import bug?

Judging by the ones I've seen, they're all probably really minor. Galawain gives Dyrwoodan companions (Eder) +5 health, Hylea gets you some special food on the beach, and Berath gets you an AoE heal/damage consumable right after you wake up.

No Pants fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 11, 2018

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

My one big complaint - and it is a big one - is that because the save transfer / world pregen stuff is so shaky, it's really hard to tell what we're supposed to see and what we aren't as far as reactivity goes. Maybe there's nothing that's SUPPOSED to react to that. Maybe there is, and it bugged out. How do we even report that?

Heithinn Grasida posted:

As was mentioned before, Cipher/Monk was probably amazing in the beta, before we knew of those high level powers. And now we know of those high level powers, and they are absolutely incredible. I'm not sure any monk multiclass can be as good as pure class monk.

Also the thing with Soul Annihilation is that your weapon attack doesn't...actually matter that much. Like, it's literally just a standard attack with your primary weapon that, if it hits, has a ton of raw damage based on your focus dumped on top at the end. That means Soul Annihilation is more or less just as good with any weapon, since it's basically just an auto-attack hit. This is different from most other abilities that apply lashes or percentage changes to your actual weapon attack, meaning the stronger your weapon, the bigger the boost to them (which is why sabers reign supreme as far as base weapons go for dual wielding). Soul Annihilation doesn't actually use your weapon stats in the slightest, outside of "make an attack."

I've started leaving monk (and DEFINITELY cipher) behind and instead glancing at barbarian for good melee multiclass. I think Barbarian (Berserker sorta), Fighter (Devoted), and Paladin (Bleak Walker/Goldpact to a lesser degree) as your big melee multiclass multipliers - they have a mix of incredible passives/buffs and powerful active abilities right from the start and can be added to almost any character concept that wants to murder in melee. The "sorta" for berserker is there because it assumes you have a way to deal with it's Confusion, although to be frank it's still plenty awesome without that, just a little more dangerous.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm up to 6th level wizard spells and the class is really doing great now. The spell that turns people into pigs (basically baleful polymorph from dnd) is super effective. Gaze of the Adragon or whatever the spell that petrifies people is nice and the chain lightning spell is big damage and party friendly. I noticed though that when you polymorph an enemy they don't run away like the spell implies they would (the pig form gets a big speed increase) and instead just stand there to let you kill them.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Does anyone know any console commands to reduce disposition points. It is really boinked in the game. I dont care about achievements. I just want to remove the +1 diplomatic and benelovant from my bleak walker. I tried the old console commands of pillars 1 but they are not working.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Does anyone know any console commands to reduce disposition points. It is really boinked in the game. I dont care about achievements. I just want to remove the +1 diplomatic and benelovant from my bleak walker. I tried the old console commands of pillars 1 but they are not working.

This does make me wonder, why aren't dispositions on an axis? Like relationships are so it's clearly not some weird engine thing, but I don't know what it means for someone to have a disposition of being Cruel and Benevolent, y'know? Unless there are dialogue options that are basically "oh god I don't know what to expect from you"

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

OoohU posted:

Kinda for me. FPS is variable between 20-60 FPS, trending around 50-60, most drops during ship boarding actions or heavy weather. Micro stutters come up occasionally but they're fixed with a quick reboot of the game. I think the difference between this and PoE1 is that the framerate drops feel like they're justified more - the visuals are quite pretty and the physics are satisfying. I think PoE looks decent throughout and stunning at times (especially with a good Reshade), but Deadfire is consistently stunning. Could it be optimized more? Probably, but they've come a long way since the first beta builds.

This might have what you need.

GrandpaPants posted:

This does make me wonder, why aren't dispositions on an axis? Like relationships are so it's clearly not some weird engine thing, but I don't know what it means for someone to have a disposition of being Cruel and Benevolent, y'know? Unless there are dialogue options that are basically "oh god I don't know what to expect from you"

To each their own. Presuming folks choose the decisions they feel are best and not for powergaming purposes, I think it decently reflects how someone can be complicated (or uncomplicated).

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone tried to kill the archmage dude in the main city and how insanely hard do you think it would be?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

ProfessorCirno posted:

Also the thing with Soul Annihilation is that your weapon attack doesn't...actually matter that much. Like, it's literally just a standard attack with your primary weapon that, if it hits, has a ton of raw damage based on your focus dumped on top at the end. That means Soul Annihilation is more or less just as good with any weapon, since it's basically just an auto-attack hit. This is different from most other abilities that apply lashes or percentage changes to your actual weapon attack, meaning the stronger your weapon, the bigger the boost to them (which is why sabers reign supreme as far as base weapons go for dual wielding). Soul Annihilation doesn't actually use your weapon stats in the slightest, outside of "make an attack."
Better weapons generate Focus faster. If Soul Annihilation damage also used your weapon stats, it would scale exponentially.
That doesn't mean I think the Soul Blade is amazing; I haven't played one outside of the beta.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The game really needs to let you get a second ship just to keep your pets, the menagerie is much too small!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Oasx posted:

The game really needs to let you get a second ship just to keep your pets, the menagerie is much too small!

What if you had some kind of castle or fort to keep them in?

Also fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that unique weapon reward Maia gets the drat thing is an aoe line and keeps hitting my own people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm glad this game pretty much instantly levels you up to 5, that's gonna make things way less tedious when i inevitably restart