Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

BovineFury posted:

Nobody got eaten this time.
Family gets out of their car in a drive through safari.

Big cats thought they looked good. Man abandons woman and child.

https://twitter.com/invisibleman_17/status/994853221389697025

Holy loving poo poo. That was so close.

Volcott posted:

How much is Big Propane paying her to act like a poo poo?

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 21:16 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BovineFury posted:

Whadda ya mean we shouldn't stand next to some wild animals with large claws? Reminds me of people who get to close to the bison at Yellowstone.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Memento posted:

As I understand it, the PS4 has been a tough nut to crack for getting PSP games working on it in emulation. Recently, Sony released a PSP game on it that instead of remastering it for the PS4, was just an emulator running the game in the PSP environment. So now crackers have a full working PSP emulator that was written by the company that makes the console.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/994466216986066949

This is great! My favorite saying is appropriate for that thing: But I bet it was cheap!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

Whadda ya mean we shouldn't stand next to some wild animals with large claws? Reminds me of people who get to close to the bison at Yellowstone.

At least with bison you can rationalize it as "they are just big cows, i petted cows as a kid"

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

At least with bison you can rationalize it as "they are just big cows, i petted cows as a kid"

Cheetahs are just big ol kitties. Which is probably why they didn't get eaten.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The parents are gigantic idiots but the camera guy's inaction is even more infuriating.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mng posted:

That escalated to lovely tears.
I read an article recently about the tendency for white women to resort to performative tears when being confronted by something they can't weasel out of and, welp, this should be a textbook example.

Kennel posted:

The parents are gigantic idiots but the camera guy's inaction is even more infuriating.
What was he supposed to do? Drive the car up to the cats, honking and hollering, possibly making them more hostile?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe yell at the family not to leave the car

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Maybe yell at the family not to leave the car

Yeah I'm sure the people who thought it was a cool idea to get out of their car around giant hunting cats would listen to someone saying "don't do that".

FilthyImp posted:

I read an article recently about the tendency for white women to resort to performative tears when being confronted by something they can't weasel out of and, welp, this should be a textbook example.

It's the same thing as white men responding to being called out about things, especially racism, by leaving in a huff. It's all part of white fragility; the narrative has to be focused on them. Oh the discussion is focusing on something else? Tears! Storm off! Look at meeeeeee

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 22:27 on May 11, 2018

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

BovineFury posted:

I spent a season working at a safari park and something like this would happen at least once a week. People would get out to take better pictures, pet the kitties, share their sandwiches. There would be a zebra striped jeep on constant patrol. The lions would just laze around, gnawing on mutton. It wasn't safe, but the cats generally didn't care.

Real dumb people got out their cars in Baboon country.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah I'm sure the people who thought it was a cool idea to get out of their car around giant hunting cats would listen to someone saying "don't do that".

It's the same thing as white men responding to being called out about things, especially racism, by leaving in a huff. It's all part of white fragility; the narrative has to be focused on them. Oh the discussion is focusing on something else? Tears! Storm off! Look at meeeeeee

gently caress that lady any everything, but I really can't see how "leaving in a huff" is some kind of performative, attention seeking move. It seems more like plain old giving up to me.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

gently caress that lady any everything, but I really can't see how "leaving in a huff" is some kind of performative, attention seeking move. It seems more like plain old giving up to me.

Ok

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Human Tornada posted:

I'd say they're probably honestly upset, but also it's not exclusive to white stupidity. Just standard rightwing logic: they refuse to admit they're wrong (or learn anything ever) so when they're confronted they pretend to be a victim of the mean world biased against their stupid views.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Human Tornada posted:

She's Cartmaning

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Dammit, that video is from my neighborhood and it happens all the loving time. You would think that people having a BBQ every sunday for the last 40 years would be enough to calm you down, but nope white people gotta be racist.

unfortunately, the cops and the law are hella racist too, so if anyone got in trouble from that video its probably the woman shooting the video. I was waiting for the money shot of the racist woman being put in handcuffs and being told that calling the police on people maliciously is a crime. That poo poo would be so satisfying.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

To be clear, I wasn't talking about that lady crying and pretending that she was harassed.

I'm just not buying Sandwich Anarchist's theory that stomping away from a confrontation is white fragility or attention seeking behavior.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Human Tornada posted:

To be clear, I wasn't talking about that lady crying and pretending that she was harassed.

I'm just not buying Sandwich Anarchist's theory that stomping away from a confrontation is white fragility or attention seeking behavior.
Well I feel like it's self-evidently white fragility. But I think that whether it's also attention-seeking behavior would depend on the individual.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

My step-mom once proudly told me how she and my dad ignored the "snotty" people telling them they can't go down to the beach with the elephant seals to take better pictures, so yeah.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

Ok. Assuming you haven't read up on white fragility as a psychological concept, it's real interesting stuff actually. Not trying to be pedantic, making an honest suggestion.

The_end
May 17, 2014

BovineFury posted:

I feel like i could take on one cheetah.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The_end posted:

*Narrator voice* He couldn't.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The_end posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Schadenfreude: I feel like i could take on one cheetah.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

The_end posted:

You'll be the first person to get killed by cheetah in recorded history.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Sininu posted:

We all knew it would be a goon to bring us this miracle.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The_end posted:

Eating a bag of Cheetos doesn't make you dominate Chester Cheetah.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Sininu posted:

The thread title has never been more appropriate.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Lurking Haro posted:

Eating a bag of Cheetos doesn't make you dominate Chester Cheetah.

Actually eating many bags of cheetos has prepared me to fight wild cats by bulking me up to where i could easily crush a cheetah by laying on it.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Ok. Assuming you haven't read up on white fragility as a psychological concept, it's real interesting stuff actually. Not trying to be pedantic, making an honest suggestion.

I'm no scholar on the subject, but I have.

I will also admit that I was crabby from an abnormally long commute and probably misinterpreted your original post, so I apologize.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://i.imgur.com/OEOrLP9.gifv

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Sininu posted:

In an interview of somebody who worked there, he said the child was really the one in danger.

Example from elsewhere (not intended for humor):
"Captive cheetah kills 3 year-old boy on filmmaker John Varty’s farm"
https://africageographic.com/blog/captive-cheetah-kills-3-year-old-boy-on-filmmaker-john-vartys-farm/

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Who would have thought there was something holding a vertical cake together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR8kbwxQ4g

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

So one of the VPs at Duke University got 2 baristas fired for playing a rap song at a campus book store

this is currently happening outside his office

https://twitter.com/janestancill/status/994274101555494917?s=21

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Antivaccer schadenfreude! Hope this isn't too small, pulled it directly off a FB page.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/hIJJy5X.gifv

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Antivaccer schadenfreude! Hope this isn't too small, pulled it directly off a FB page.

:( Her baby is gonna die of meningitis.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

:( Her baby is gonna die of meningitis.

Maybe she will first

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nah, she was probably vaccinated by a caring loving parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henker
May 5, 2009

Random thought - do antivaxxers believe in the rabies vaccine? Like, if they got bitten by a rabid animal would they refuse treatment? I would hope even the most ardent antivaxxer wouldn't be that stupid.