Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I wonder if there's endings for just murdering everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Where the hell IS pallegina anyways? I picked up Sharkguy and really want to drop Serafen for her. I've been to both places listed in OP and maybe I'm just blind or something?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh heck, this unique pollaxe really is weird. Exceptional but 10 points less damage than a regular fine pollaxe, but automatic AoE. Gonna have to go back to my one tank party arrangement to not kill my friends with this, I think.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dairy Power posted:

Yeah, when you add in summons/lay on hands/liberating exhortation, she's about as good of a support as you could want.

Also, quick correction. During the day the total aura healing is 7 HP/3s base and at night I think it's 9 or 10HP/3s (Nourishing Light is better at night). Moonwell is 8HP/3s base. So it's only more powerful at night, I guess. Exalted Endurance actually scales more quickly per power level than Moonwell (Moonwell gains .16HP/3s and Exalted Endurance gains .18HP/3s), so even with the lack of scaling on 2/3 healing auras Pallegina maintains Moonwell levels of sustain just by existing.

Edit: Correction of correction - Pallegina auras sum to 9 during the day. Ancient memory is 1HP/1s, not 1HP/3s. So it's always higher.

Goodbye Xoti you crazy death fetish weirdo. The bird's the word.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

User0015 posted:

Where the hell IS pallegina anyways? I picked up Sharkguy and really want to drop Serafen for her. I've been to both places listed in OP and maybe I'm just blind or something?

I found her when I went to talk to the queen.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Hey, where's the area in Neketaka you're not supposed to go until a certain point because it's bugged?

Is it the elevator down to the Old City, because I'm wanting to go down there and look for a fellow.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dan Didio posted:

Hey, where's the area in Neketaka you're not supposed to go until a certain point because it's bugged?

Is it the elevator down to the Old City, because I'm wanting to go down there and look for a fellow.

It's that.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

FunkMonkey posted:

It's that.

Alright, cool, thank you. I'll hold off on wrapping up that quest until I get the conch one or whatever.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Dairy Power posted:

Yeah, when you add in summons/lay on hands/liberating exhortation, she's about as good of a support as you could want.

Also, quick correction. During the day the total aura healing is 7 HP/3s base and at night I think it's 9 or 10HP/3s (Nourishing Light is better at night). Moonwell is 8HP/3s base. So it's only more powerful at night, I guess. Exalted Endurance actually scales more quickly per power level than Moonwell (Moonwell gains .16HP/3s and Exalted Endurance gains .18HP/3s), so even with the lack of scaling on 2/3 healing auras Pallegina maintains Moonwell levels of sustain just by existing.

Edit: Correction of correction - Pallegina auras sum to 9 during the day. Ancient memory is 1HP/1s, not 1HP/3s. So it's always higher.
Yeah me and Pallegina are chanter buddies AOE healing the poo poo out of evreything and dropping paralyzes all day. It's silly.

Also bug report - seems like you can resist your own buffs? Made a custom adventurer enchanter wizard to try out melee funtime buffs. Resisting them seems like a problem.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I stole some stuff from those dawnstars outside the starter beach and now Eder hates my guts and is super cranky every time I so much as click on him :(

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Was it worth it?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

lurksion posted:

Yeah me and Pallegina are chanter buddies AOE healing the poo poo out of evreything and dropping paralyzes all day. It's silly.

Also bug report - seems like you can resist your own buffs? Made a custom adventurer enchanter wizard to try out melee funtime buffs. Resisting them seems like a problem.

The spell resist barb can explicitly resist friendly stuff, I don't know if that's meant to be for anything that gives spell resist or not though.

12 hours and 3 characters and I'm still not 100% sure on what I want to play once the patch is in.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
My bug with Edér's import has been fixed by the beta patch and that was the only problem that I met that was really bothering me. Really happy with that! He still has the Night Market amulet but eh, I imagine it would have been more trouble than it's worth it to just swap that for the other item, and honestly, the bonuses are so small that I don't mind.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Stroth posted:

God damnit Tekehu. I am a fire godlike. You are a marine godlike. I am seventy percent lava. You are capable of breathing underwater. I am wearing full plate armor. Your entire loving life revolves around manipulating water. Why the gently caress are you the one that drowns every time we have to swim somewhere?

This game really is a tabletop game session made into a video game.

Urthor posted:

Disappointed to announce that Modwyr is definitely not the best weapon in the game at all, not even close from the looks of things.

https://i.imgur.com/tZ0IfLU.jpg

Not even close

¿Por que no los dos?

I confess I dug around through the various weapons, and while there are definitely some weapon types that are clear losers, some are actually kinda fun and creative. There's a saber and pistol meant to be used together, for example! And a few weapons that get better based on you having certain skills and putting points into them. It makes sense there's less weapons since each unique weapon actually IS unique now; I hope the more unloved weapons get what they need in DLC. Those poor Club Devoted that probably don't exist...

I will also say that I actually kinda wish we got (and maybe hope we get later) an actual martial character from the Huana to actually make good use of some of the cooler looking items. I suppose Tekehu could be made into a pure chanter, but still.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Ah. Spell Reflect. The only time I remember that it's on someone is well after I've cast the spell. Godspeed, Kaldaris the Druid, your Sunlance only crit you for 140 damage. You can walk it off.

On an unrelated note, anyone know what's up with the mace in the Subterranean Temple? It seems pretty cool, but I have no idea what's up with it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The loading time between screens takes a little too long for my liking. Is that probably a result of a bottleneck with my graphics card, memory, or processor?

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

Kaldaris posted:

Ah. Spell Reflect. The only time I remember that it's on someone is well after I've cast the spell. Godspeed, Kaldaris the Druid, your Sunlance only crit you for 140 damage. You can walk it off.

On an unrelated note, anyone know what's up with the mace in the Subterranean Temple? It seems pretty cool, but I have no idea what's up with it.

It's soulbound, you need 14 or 15 int and resolve to grab it off its pedestal. Been using it as Eder's mainhand, it's solid but unexciting.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Vegetable posted:

The loading time between screens takes a little too long for my liking. Is that probably a result of a bottleneck with my graphics card, memory, or processor?

Hard drive

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Urthor posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CZrrJky.jpg Modwyr barbarian stats, see if you got different ones.

Also as a lvl 14 Ravager with superb weapons on Veteran, I'm genuinely unsure if this game's difficulty is bugged. Feels extremely easy at this point, the AI can win fights on its own most of the time. I'd actually love if there was a console command to check I wasn't playing on a lower difficulty.

Also you can fully upgrade Modwyr if you go find her old owner, not sure if it has different stats to if you just upgrade the soul binding though.

Okay, found her owner & it looks like it doesn't matter what class you soulbind her to

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Okay, the thing where Serafen's wild magic kills party members (not knocks unconscious, permakills, even if they don't have any wounds) needs to be turned off. It was funny the first time it happened, he was just suddenly removed from the party with the log line 'Serafen kills Serafen', but this time it happened to my character (forcing a game over) in the middle of a dungeon full of Fampyrs, which I now have to replay. That's not funny, its just very annoying and makes me not want to use him at all.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Where are the details on whats in the beta patch?

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

ProfessorCirno posted:

This game really is a tabletop game session made into a video game.

¿Por que no los dos?

I confess I dug around through the various weapons, and while there are definitely some weapon types that are clear losers, some are actually kinda fun and creative. There's a saber and pistol meant to be used together, for example! And a few weapons that get better based on you having certain skills and putting points into them. It makes sense there's less weapons since each unique weapon actually IS unique now; I hope the more unloved weapons get what they need in DLC. Those poor Club Devoted that probably don't exist...

I will also say that I actually kinda wish we got (and maybe hope we get later) an actual martial character from the Huana to actually make good use of some of the cooler looking items. I suppose Tekehu could be made into a pure chanter, but still.

Well my other weapon does https://i.imgur.com/4VpghEp.jpg and an AOE attack on every crit is a whole lot of AOE. Modwyr really only gives a nice ability once per combat and an immunity to intelligence afflictions.

If there's other on crit weapons though that'd be neat to know about them

Urthor fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 12, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ducking in again briefly because I really, really don't want to accidentally read any spoilers while I play this. (which is very out of character for me, so I know this game is special)

Still a great game, only playing a few hours here and there as time permits.

Really like the pacing. I mean a lot of the game deserves praise, it really does, but it takes a real artistic vision to get the pacing this good.

Have the Gog version so I can't even give it a glowing review on Steam :v:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Urthor posted:

Well my other weapon does https://i.imgur.com/4VpghEp.jpg and an AOE attack on every crit is a whole lot of AOE. Modwyr really only gives a nice ability once per combat and an immunity to intelligence afflictions.

Are the cones/aoe on these foe only or friendly fire? That was a problem with the otherwise cool unique blunderbuss in the first one.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bongwizzard posted:

Guys I need some male dwarf pirate portraits, where can I find some?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605440&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I think the biggest accomplishment I can tie to PoE2 is it actually makes this world be realized.

Like I liked PoE1. But half the poo poo that game threw at me was nonsense. Here at the Orlans they might be hobbits and live in ???? Ixamitl is a mystery also racism. Here are the shark people, god loving knows what they are about. We have Elves, maybe? There is an Empire somewhere we broke away from and god knows what that place might be like. Literally everyone knows everything about it, but boy howdy nobody says a drat thing about actually being there. Readceras is maybe bigger/Rome to Dyrwood, but also maybe a backwater shithole? THE WHITE THAT WENDS AND IT'S COMPLETE LACK OF EVERYTHING. Or gently caress, the hell is the Living Lands. Still.

So every time I played PoE I played as a human. Because I felt like I had to. Because I knew approximately jack poo poo about this world despite looking over every map, and trying to find every bit of lore rope kid ever posted. It felt like I never really connected with Eora, and it always really bummed me out.

Now with PoE2 I feel like I have a better understanding of Eora. Orlan Cipher I always wanted to play? He fits in both PoE1 and PoE2 now because hey man these fish people are crazy. Crazy shark Ranger? Sure he fits here somewhere. Here's what the shark people act like back at home, here's a different region, etc. Rather then the still very eurocentric Dyrwood, Deadfire feels like a place these races can shine.

I really wish there was a really basic map. Like as I googled this apparently rope kid doesn't want to block off future writers by making these other areas definitive until they get to them, but I feel like it overall weakens Eora. I left PoE knowing only that Aedyr also existed and was to the West across the sea. But for whatever reason I thought the land the Dyrwood was on was actually a big ol continent similar to Europe, same with Aedyr being the North America. I thought Ixamitl was it's own landmass....somewhere ( apparently it's just north of Readceras? Who knew! ). Apparently this planet is significantly more ocean based then most worlds ( who knew! ).

( no ropekid seriously, whats the story with the Living Lands. I get you don't want to flesh it out too much, but what is it's thing. It's got basically nothing outside of you can be from there. How is it a great green happy place when it looks to be basically the North Pole. Is it magical? Is there a cool magical story you got hiding somewhere you can't tell us as to why the Living Lands is full of giant crazy plants and lush green hills despite being the North Pole? ).

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Avalerion posted:

Are the cones/aoe on these foe only or friendly fire? That was a problem with the otherwise cool unique blunderbuss in the first one.

I don't have that particular weapon, but I do have two other aoe melee weapons and both do friendly fire. For the weapons that consistently aoe you get a targeting cone or circle like you do with spells and the cone weapon is relatively friendly to position around. If the crit proc doesn't give that indicator and does friendly fire then that seems like it would get somewhat annoying.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Swinging back to praise on the AI and behavior editor. Can get pretty much whatever I want! Takes some time to build, but that's acceptable - I like the flexibility and the precision, and it's fantastic that the custom behaviors carry over between saves/characters. Only gripe is a UX one, and I don't know if it's optimization rather than customization (or worth the dev time since it's a rare problem I can work around): if I open the behavior editor, then I right click on an ability to bring up a window with more information, hitting Esc closes the editor (I expect Esc to close the ability window, since it's the one on top/most recently opened).

May have missed this - anyone found a conditional to use an interrupt when someone's casting? I'm okay with using those manually when needed (and some passive class/item skills just poo poo out interrupts) but a conditional would be cherry.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

PurplieNurplie posted:

It's soulbound, you need 14 or 15 int and resolve to grab it off its pedestal. Been using it as Eder's mainhand, it's solid but unexciting.

Or you can be a cypher and just tell it to quit that poo poo.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Must say Ryngrims enervating terror is quite an OP spell for mage. Terror seems like one of the better afflictions and as an AOE that last 20+ seconds? Yes please.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
The legendary spellbook with the freezing fireball that causes paralysis rules. The ray of raw is pretty good too.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Managed to make a portrait for the game based upon the character I use for D&D. Uploading if anyone would like to use it :)

Now I'm trying to decide between pure Rogue or Ranger/Rogue. Wanting to create a ranged rifle character with fast shooting, but conflicted whether to bring along a pet or make it pure class, or even go for something wild like a wizard or something.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's bullshit that you can't make a Giani Canc-Assi player character.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
probably already noted, but the all aboard quest seems bugged. the dialogue options to get the goldpact OCD guy to give up his places don't appear if you don't speak to the quest NPCs with correct dialogue orderings.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Inverness posted:

Where are the details on whats in the beta patch?
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98361-fixes-to-the-patch-beta-build/

quote:

These are the update notes for beta build 71.

Major Fixes

Fixed mouse functionality issue for users who had their Windows language setting on something other than English.
Crew members on Story difficulty can now be killed if they mutiny.
Watchers who are hostile to the pirates of Fort Deadlight will find the door to the Court open to prevent the NPCs keeping them in combat without being able to be engaged.
Watchers are now able to subdue Scyorielaphas even if all the wards are destroyed.
Change to the Pillars 1 history creator now removes options from the list once a choice has been made to prevent confusion.

Companions/Crew

Eder's end game state from Pillars 1 has been fixed.
Watchers who took the baby orlan in Pillars 1 will now see her in Vilario's Rest.

Audio

Various VO fixes to the Vox Machina voice sets.

Miscellaneous

Various Credit fixes.

These are the update notes for beta build 73.
Major Fixes

Watchers were unable to set or save cloned AI behaviors properly for some classes. This put the game into a bad state that would delete quick saves upon area transition.

Audio

Various VO fixes to Xoti and Vox Machina voice sets.

Miscellaneous

Various Credit fixes.
I will say that the Eder fixes at least don't appear to be fully comprehensive on an existing save.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

myDad posted:

The legendary spellbook with the freezing fireball that causes paralysis rules. The ray of raw is pretty good too.

Where do you get this? I have Concelhaut's, but I'd rather have that one honestly.

Also, where do you get the quest Burkana's Folly? I've done the actual content (see above), I just don't know where to turn it in for the achievement.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Is the fix for dead sailors being fought in boarding battles set for a later date?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I do not envy the task of bug fixing a game like this.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Where do you get this? I have Concelhaut's, but I'd rather have that one honestly.

Also, where do you get the quest Burkana's Folly? I've done the actual content (see above), I just don't know where to turn it in for the achievement.

Arkemyr’s Vault in Periki’s Outlook of Nekehatu

myDad fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
this name came to me in a drunken dream

Pillars of Thoternity II: Deadass

thank you