Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Garfield: Sacrifice money to the pit, get adventure stat bonuses. Supplement magitech with sausage for more stats. What are your stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

LordSloth posted:

Garfield: Sacrifice money to the pit, get adventure stat bonuses. Supplement magitech with sausage for more stats. What are your stats?

I dunno what sausage is, assuming GBR drop? Without any advanced training, stats are

Power: 1510
Toughness: 1512
Max HP: 4688
Regen: 50/s

This is with full maxed Magitech gear except instead of the pendant that doesn't give stat bonuses I have a level 7 Ascended Forest Pendant. So I should just buy a bunch of stat upgrades from EXP menu for now?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You shouldn't ever need to buy stat upgrades with exp to progress.

Just get some advanced training and farm GRB for drops.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Yeah, get some gear from GRB, use it for a bit. Note that I still haven't maxed GRB despite collecting the entire following sets of Clockwork, 2D, and Spooky. The least useful part of the set is one of gordon's accessories, the sausage. While a long-term waste of boosts, it is the most useful towards sniping the next set because it can immediately add to your stats without having to first exceed the previous set. The most useful part of the set is the slab of meat, but it'll have zero impact in sniping the clockwork set. Titans always drop loot, so while farming a level 100 set is a pain, just collecting the basic set is pretty easy.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

The Ninth Layer posted:

You shouldn't ever need to buy stat upgrades with exp to progress.

Just get some advanced training and farm GRB for drops.

Ehhhh it's not a bad idea when you're pushing into Mega Lands but otherwise you're better off getting more energy cap to get more out of advanced training.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
NGU: I think something is getting paid today!

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
NGU: I bought the extra accessory slot like 3 days ago :(

Looking forward to getting into beards, but it's going to take a while between autokilling Jake and Megalands/UUG.

Any tips on that, do I just have to chuck a ton of EXP into adventure stats? Currently I have about 10% of the power suggested on UUG, and megalands mobs kill me in 4/5 hits.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
The jump to mega lands is a huge gap and you need a ton of advanced training to bridge it. It also helps to swap in stat accessories vs. utility.

Get your adventure fruit up, get Adventure NGU up to its soft cap, and finish all the basic challenges. Advanced training, NGU, and basic challenge boosts are multiplicative, so getting 100 stats from a fruit ends up being worth like 800.

Don't forget that Advanced Training only scales with the square root of energy power, so raising cap has a much stronger effect. I've got 50m cap and around 3k power buffed and an overnight run gets me to 160% or so extra stats (like 2300 levels?), and I'm still a ways off from taking down UGG. Of course that's wearing the Gaudy set because I'm only about halfway done getting mega set to 100.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I hope you like beards because beards of power are out now. There's a lot of really dopey beard art!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

something posted:

I hope you like beards because beards of power are out now. There's a lot of really dopey beard art!

It's cool that you think any of us might not like beards when goons are statistically 70% beard by volume.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Trimps:

I'm up to the part where I can get to the spire without much issue and my runs normally peter out at 210-220 (even though the he/hr goes to pot after the corruption challenge ends but I've been pushing a bit for dark essence).

I unlocked carpentry 2 and I thought it would give me a bigger boost than it did and now I'm wondering if I'm just at a wall or if I'm doing something wrong. I don't seem to be making any appreciable progress with each run, and it's not like any of the current masteries I can get are going to make a big difference either. Is there something I'm missing here? What exactly does it take to actually beat the first spire.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you’re at a slow part. the secondary perks will eventually be your primary source of scaling, since their formula is less expensive than other helium options, but it’ll take some time to get them up and rolling. your priority now should be reaching 230 as soon as possible, since it provides a helium boost each run that will significantly help with moving into trimps’ endgame

edit: to beat your first spire faster, try the following
1: buy genetecists until you have a ten minute respawn time for the higher health
2: idle in maps overnight and use the extra money to buy equipment levels when youre out of prestiges
3: clear bionic wasteland maps until the next bionic wasteland is above level 200, and use that to farm prestiges for equipment you don’t technically have access to
4: respec out of helium gain and into carpentry/health/power (first spire clear has some special bonuses, so it’s worth doing this at least once but not more than that)

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 14, 2018

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Recommendation for an idle game on android?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Elendil004 posted:

Awful.apk

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

something posted:

It's kind of a bummer that the unlocks are gated so far in advance - UUG is the 3rd Titan, correct?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Elendil004 posted:

Did you like Adventure Capitalist?

I sure hope the answer is yes!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Elendil004 posted:

I liked Armory and Machine, but your mileage may vary. It isn't exploitative which makes it notable.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

SynthesisAlpha posted:

The jump to mega lands is a huge gap and you need a ton of advanced training to bridge it. It also helps to swap in stat accessories vs. utility.

Get your adventure fruit up, get Adventure NGU up to its soft cap, and finish all the basic challenges. Advanced training, NGU, and basic challenge boosts are multiplicative, so getting 100 stats from a fruit ends up being worth like 800.

Don't forget that Advanced Training only scales with the square root of energy power, so raising cap has a much stronger effect. I've got 50m cap and around 3k power buffed and an overnight run gets me to 160% or so extra stats (like 2300 levels?), and I'm still a ways off from taking down UGG. Of course that's wearing the Gaudy set because I'm only about halfway done getting mega set to 100.

Okay, I only have 8 basics to go to get the bonus 10%, and I've got it down to 54 minutes, so I'll start with that. Adventure fruit is up to tier 5. So I'm pretty close to downing a megalands boss manually, but it takes a pretty long run to do, so I'll try it after work tomorrow.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Devor posted:

It's kind of a bummer that the unlocks are gated so far in advance - UUG is the 3rd Titan, correct?

4th, and he's a doozy of a hurdle compared to the other 3.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

you’re at a slow part. the secondary perks will eventually be your primary source of scaling, since their formula is less expensive than other helium options, but it’ll take some time to get them up and rolling. your priority now should be reaching 230 as soon as possible, since it provides a helium boost each run that will significantly help with moving into trimps’ endgame

edit: to beat your first spire faster, try the following
1: buy genetecists until you have a ten minute respawn time for the higher health
2: idle in maps overnight and use the extra money to buy equipment levels when youre out of prestiges
3: clear bionic wasteland maps until the next bionic wasteland is above level 200, and use that to farm prestiges for equipment you don’t technically have access to
4: respec out of helium gain and into carpentry/health/power (first spire clear has some special bonuses, so it’s worth doing this at least once but not more than that)

I hit 230 while afk so I didn't see what actually unlocked and I can't find any sort of permanent bonus on the wiki, what were you referring to?

I'll try the spire strat tonight and see how do.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Agent355 posted:

I hit 230 while afk so I didn't see what actually unlocked and I can't find any sort of permanent bonus on the wiki, what were you referring to?

I'll try the spire strat tonight and see how do.

every time you reach zone 230, you get a free two zones of helium under the helium formula for the new boss (which is something like 5x what it was previously). It should be a pretty decent portion of your total helium when you're just hitting it for the first time.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Devor posted:

For .383 I'll have something added that'll apply to pretty much all players hopefully.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i want standalone ngu so i can get the heck away from kongregate. excited to get to beards once i can. . .

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Stumbled upon a game called Idle Apocalypse the other day (looking for a phone game to burn off the insane amount of google reward bucks I've got in the past few months), and I've been digging it, but it does come with some drawbacks.

Positives:

- You're a bad guy, building rooms in a in a tower that spawns monsters. You get currencies from both defeating the good guys outside, but also from the death's of your units. Those items are used to build new rooms, with new monsters (and new drops), in a wide variety of ways.
- Graphics are fun/pixel, with the larger ones being surprisingly detailed and crisp
- Tapping is exclusively focused on building up charges on generator rooms
- Lets you see at a glance what stuff your buildings are depleting and generating, without having to sperg out on your own
- Dialogue is witty and funny, with your cultists complaining about this or that. It's great to see how your character reacts to the spawning of new demons who he will use to end the world (like, the first one is a lazy TV watcher, the second one is a peaceful hippy)
- I really dig the logistical nature of the game; it's fun to check in often to see which items you're getting soft on, planning ahead (ok I need to build a Scavenger but that requires Demon 3, but for that I'll need a couple thousand Death Units...)
- No banner ads or forced ads.

Negatives:

- IAPs up the rear end, and at high price. I was a bit more comfortable about this than I otherwise would've been because for the last few months Google has been giving me 2-3 bucks a day and I had nothing else to use it on, but hol cow, this game's IAP start at the more-than-a-couple-bucks and go higher from there. The no-ads option is ten loving dollars, for crissake. Like I said, I threw some of the reward money I had burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm pleased with the increase in efficiency, but jesus christ. The developer has said on reddit that it's a hey-man-I-gotta-eat situation, but jesus.
- Doesn't let you idle for more than four hours. Generator rooms that you click on to build up a boost only last for four hours, and no way (iirc) to extend that.
- No sound or music yet (could be a benefit)
- Can't do a watch-an-ad-to-double-your-poo poo every time, only once a day
- Certain buildings product monsters that produce valuable items. Unsurprisingly, getting an extra one of these buildings is aforementioned IAP.

TLDR: I'd love this game a ton more if the IAPs were cut in half, but man it's still a fun, charming little game.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

baram. posted:

i want standalone ngu so i can get the heck away from kongregate. excited to get to beards once i can. . .

oh, same. i realize it severely complicates the IAP situation, but please take pity on my cpu and at least offer the option

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

MisterBibs posted:

Stumbled upon a game called Idle Apocalypse the other day (looking for a phone game to burn off the insane amount of google reward bucks I've got in the past few months), and I've been digging it, but it does come with some drawbacks.

Positives:

- No banner ads or forced ads.

Negatives:

- IAPs up the rear end, and at high price. I was a bit more comfortable about this than I otherwise would've been because for the last few months Google has been giving me 2-3 bucks a day and I had nothing else to use it on, but hol cow, this game's IAP start at the more-than-a-couple-bucks and go higher from there. The no-ads option is ten loving dollars, for crissake. Like I said, I threw some of the reward money I had

Getting conflicting messages here. If you have to pay ten dollars for the ads to go away, they are forced ads.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

Getting conflicting messages here. If you have to pay ten dollars for the ads to go away, they are forced ads.

When I refer to "forced ads', I mean "ads that come up randomly and interfere with play". The only time you get ads is if you click on one to view for a benefit.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Cats who stare at ghosts doesn't have offline progress, but I like it, iap is super optional.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

MisterBibs posted:

When I refer to "forced ads', I mean "ads that come up randomly and interfere with play". The only time you get ads is if you click on one to view for a benefit.

Oh, I see.

Is that a current trend in flash games, by the way? I don't really play those anymore but I first saw it on Realm Grinder when I tried it a couple of months ago and it just seemed weird. Reminded me of that "McDonalds!" patent.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

oh, same. i realize it severely complicates the IAP situation, but please take pity on my cpu and at least offer the option

Kongregate's a lot less uncivilized if you run a good adblocker. Not perfect by any means, but memory leak browser crashes are considerably less of a thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Anyone playing Idle Poring on mobile and wanna start a guild?

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

baram. posted:

If you throw it on github i can play at work!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Managed to jam on my stats hard enough to kill UUG at 440k Power / 280k Toughness. BEARDS.

Absolutely love the terrible beard art, the Reverse Hitler is everything I imagined it to be. Looks like this is another game component with a very, very slow buildup. Like I ran the beard cage over night and now my NGU bonus is 100.21%! YEAH! Probably going to switch to the BEARd to try to get to the point of auto-killing UUG.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Managed to jam on my stats hard enough to kill UUG at 440k Power / 280k Toughness. BEARDS.

Absolutely love the terrible beard art, the Reverse Hitler is everything I imagined it to be. Looks like this is another game component with a very, very slow buildup. Like I ran the beard cage over night and now my NGU bonus is 100.21%! YEAH! Probably going to switch to the BEARd to try to get to the point of auto-killing UUG.

I'm starting to be able to auto kill UUG with only 250 in advanced training it's getting very manageable. I used to need over a thousand levels to get it to 800k/400k and 14k regen, the regen was the worst part.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Man, I'm enjoying my slow meander in NGU. Finally unlocked Yggdrasil, working my way toward finishing out all of my Basic Challenges, I wonder how long it'll take me to get to beards...

SynthesisAlpha posted:

...Oh. alright, then.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
If it makes you feel worse, I've pushed otu an early test build of .383 with a new zone and it looks like a butt-clencher manual kill can be done at 1.6M/1.1M. Enjoy.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I could probably repeat your post verbatim and describe my experience exactly, except I only got beard this morning.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Something, I sincerely hope that boss 94 (Robutt) is a reference to this gem of a Goonstation 13 story.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I can 100% confirm that without even checking if your link links where I think it links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You fuckin goon :h: