Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Groogy posted:

Yes you do

Safe word is "Victoria 3 will never be released"

Ah, so you're following the Star Citizen crowdfunding model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man antiquity city builder/govenor sim would be super dope.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

double nine posted:

that's not a very safe safeword.

Mine is "DLC".

Mine is

The joke is the country with that national idea is locked into a republic with no re-elections ever allowed :v:

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 15, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
What is the project name that is being announced at pdxcon? I must’ve missed it. There are a few names floating around in the ether.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
Project "Totally Not Victoria III"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's not going to be Victoria III but I am legitimately curious

e: if it actually is Victoria III dozens upon dozens of nerds will be losing their poo poo

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

all paradox's internal project codenames are just Victoria III (1), Victoria III (2), etc

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Phlegmish posted:

It's not going to be Victoria III but I am legitimately curious

e: if it actually is Victoria III dozens upon dozens of nerds will be losing their poo poo

They'll also be losing their poo poo if it isn't, so...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Grand Strategy Game Dev Tycoon 2018.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If it's not Victoria III, I'll win the lottery, buy PDX and force them to make it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
It's not Victoria III it's Bismark I get it right everyone.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is it half-life 3?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's a version of CK set entirely in Ireland which simulatest the entire county down to individual peasants.

Working title:
Tutorial Island

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DrSunshine posted:

It's a game set in Bronze Age antiquity where you have to manage your pops and produce goods (grain, pottery, olive oil).

Caesar III / Pharaoh remake confirmed.

Ur confirmed.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Personally I'm betting against a grand strategy game. Iirc Johan has talked a fair bit about wanting to do an RPG and just because Runemaster was scrapped doesn't mean the idea is dead for sure.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Magissima posted:

Personally I'm betting against a grand strategy game. Iirc Johan has talked a fair bit about wanting to do an RPG and just because Runemaster was scrapped doesn't mean the idea is dead for sure.

Do an RPG set during CK2, where AI behavior is based on recorded CK2 games. Live the life of a peasant or soldier under the reign of The Awful People Who Play CK2. Most realistic AI ever

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Theodora III

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Magissima posted:

An RPG set in a late 19th century English city, where half the town is unemployed but the capitalists keep building clipper factories and the working class is taxed 90%.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I remember capitalis ai not being as retarded in victoria 1 I think. Or at least I remember actually doing really well under liberal parties in that one, they built railroads and factroys.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

"Swedish Game Developer Simulator" but actually it's a game about managing expectations and trolling interacting with your customers

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Ur confirmed.

Ur - The First City

A Frostpunk-like Citybuilder where you manage gods and tribes, confornt barbarians and nature, building a city destined for ruin. Because nothing you do lasts forever, only the traditions and sagas of your people will be spread across the world by the people leaving Ur to die...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Prav posted:

all paradox's internal project codenames are just Victoria III (1), Victoria III (2), etc

Copy of Victoria III (1), Copy of Victoria III (2), Copy of Copy of Victoria III (2) (2).bak

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Ur - The First City

A Frostpunk-like Citybuilder where you manage gods and tribes, confornt barbarians and nature, building a city destined for ruin. Because nothing you do lasts forever, only the traditions and sagas of your people will be spread across the world by the people leaving Ur to die...

I would so play this.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Copy of Victoria III (1), Copy of Victoria III (2), Copy of Copy of Victoria III (2) (2).bak

I would so play this.

How did you get the names of my eu4 ironman save scums?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Teaser: "Religion is present, but not the most important aspect."

I'm assuming that means Rome right?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's gotta be rome... but that's another teaser that can fit vicky as well.

Meanwhile, Johan's troll smile grows larger by the hour.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Rome has Constantine, its important for at least one part.

Victoria gets to ignore it almost completely.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

This is really professional trolling I have to say.

My guess is Barbarians at the gates. The twist is that it’s nothing to do with the dark ages and is actually based on the book of the same name about the disastrous private equity takeover of RJR by Nabisco. The “goods” are tobacco.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Kaza42 posted:

Do an RPG set during CK2, where AI behavior is based on recorded CK2 games. Live the life of a peasant or soldier under the reign of The Awful People Who Play CK2. Most realistic AI ever

So you're telling me that I follow you to Nantes, and we have to fight our way over to Ceylon, with interludes all over Europe and the Middle East, just so you can get a picture that says you did something?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

just a couple more days of maddening teasing before we get the reveal(s), hopefully.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

tease me more daddy johan

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

It's actually East vs. West Redux.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Drone posted:

Communism and Capitalism are BASICALLY religions, right?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Drone posted:

North vs South

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Collectivism vs Individualism

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm pretty sure this means the Vicky 3 hopes are truly dead. Religion didn't do anything in Vicky 2 except provide flavor.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AG3 posted:

Collectivism vs Individualism
:golfclap:

axeil posted:

I'm pretty sure this means the Vicky 3 hopes are truly dead. Religion didn't do anything in Vicky 2 except provide flavor.
rip

also you need to slow your av down

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

axeil posted:

They've explicitly flat out said it won't be Victoria 3.

Which I guess means the odds are... I dunno... 50/50?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

North vs South

A PDS spin on Sid Meier's Antietam!

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

Cynic Jester posted:

North vs South

The drat train always escapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
So it's a game with an easy to spell name, minorities, religions, and trade?

Calling it now: Raj, a game about the conquest of India by European colonialists.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 16, 2018