Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm kind of hoping that it's a fake out and that she actually can't save him from himself because there's nothing there to save and DeVoe's own arrogance is ultimately what takes him out. DeVoe was a domineering creep right from the start and Marliez needs to just get away from him for good.

I'm waiting for the reveal that the attack on the campus that lead Marliez to do a 180 on her beliefs was actually planned by DeVoe to get her on his page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just really hope they keep Dibney around, either on Flash or on the Waverider.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Cecile aping Caitlin was too good.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I just really hope they keep Dibney around, either on Flash or on the Waverider.

He can't be gone forever, he hasn't dated the death trap that is Caitlin Snow.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I still feel this season is the best since Season 1 and enjoyed DeVoe infiltrating the ARGUS site. Maybe individual plots are dumb and some characters are all over the place but it's better than the last two seasons on the whole.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I tend to agree but I wish someone more competent would make a Flash show on a different network. I’m even getting sick of Cavanagh and that’s horseshit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mortanis posted:

I still feel this season is the best since Season 1 and enjoyed DeVoe infiltrating the ARGUS site. Maybe individual plots are dumb and some characters are all over the place but it's better than the last two seasons on the whole.

Honestly I feel the same. If the season were just a few episodes shorter and there were a few less scenes of Devoe being smug, it'd be real good.

In fact, "a few episodes shorter"could've fixed much of season 2 also. Season 3 was just garbage though, I don't know what the gently caress could've helped it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Making Iris a speedster and Grodd the big bad for starters.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I wish they had done the DeVoe stuff last season and Savatar stuff this season, honestly. 3 seasons in a row of speedsters being the Big Bad was a bit much. And also not made Savatar a time remnant, use the original, Ultimate Warrior Savatar.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wish they had done the DeVoe stuff last season and Savatar stuff this season, honestly. 3 seasons in a row of speedsters being the Big Bad was a bit much. And also not made Savatar a time remnant, use the original, Ultimate Warrior Savatar.

TEAR OFF THE COCKPIT DOOR, BAR REALLEN

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

8one6 posted:

My name is Clifford DeVoe and I am the most tedious villain alive.
To the outside world I'm that smug professor who announces at the beginning of the semester that no one will be earning an 'A' and you'll have to work hard to earn a 'B', but secretly with the help of my wife I've managed to turn a once fun Superhero show on the CW into an absolute slog, with plots that feel wasted, and making an already poorly written Team Flash looking even dumber than the previous two seasons, and complaining about those drat millennials with their phones.
I am... The Thinker!

And I'm soooo much smarter than anyone else. How do you know that? I like Classical Music, which is only enjoyed by smart people!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And as a smart person I have no use for silly things like emotions, beep boop.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I kinda want to double down on my prediction of Cecile being key to taking down DeVoe by creating a mindreading feedback loop.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
“Devoe’s plan will mean the end of the world but we can’t stop him AND save those 6 Argus agents who are part of the world that will end if we don’t stop him. What CAN we do?”

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

superLINUS posted:

“Devoe’s plan will mean the end of the world but we can’t stop him AND save those 6 Argus agents who are part of the world that will end if we don’t stop him. What CAN we do?”

Eh. I was fine with it and at least glad they went out of their way to both save the agents and stop DeVoe. We also got the progression of Cisco and Caitlyn learning how to operate in Flash Time (TM).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mortanis posted:

The last two seasons aren't exactly high bars to clear though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mcbexx posted:

I kinda want to double down on my prediction of Cecile being key to taking down DeVoe by creating a mindreading feedback loop.

I really want this as an emot.

But yea that would be fantastic. Maybe she could broadcast Pizza Bros thoughts to DeVoe.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, this plan is really dumb, so therefor the writers are dumb. So he is Jordan Peterson.

Honestly, that makes me want Flash to kick his rear end even harder.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mooseontheloose posted:

Honestly, that makes me want Flash to kick his rear end even harder.

DeVoe is fighting the Dragon of Chaos.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I liked the therapist's quip in the episode: "For your friends, I charge by the quarter-hour."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pizza dude is the douchey guy from izombie.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chokes McGee posted:

It kind of lines up with the comics, too, since Killer Frost happened when Caitlyn got bathed in weirdo mad science coolant. :shrug:

So she's Alex Mack?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So from the previous Flash Time episode where someone said that Barry always moves that fast it's just that he's able to pull people in with him that makes Flash Time special...yeah no

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

So from the previous Flash Time episode where someone said that Barry always moves that fast it's just that he's able to pull people in with him that makes Flash Time special...yeah no

The writers are real bad.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The writers are real bad.

They generate Speed Force when they write

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

They generate Speed Force when they write

Write Force! You want me to explain this poo poo?

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I am biased but I think this season was better than last season. And next season will be a return to form. Just believe, people!

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Write Force! You want me to explain this poo poo?

Write faster, badly!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
With the sudden turn in Caitlyn's backstory about her dad and KF existing before the accelerator, it's likely her father will be the villain of season five.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dying from ALS was a clever ruse?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

With the sudden turn in Caitlyn's backstory about her dad and KF existing before the accelerator, it's likely her father will be the villain of season five.

Kaitlin’s dad is Diaz...and he’s already won.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I still consider this a way better season than 3, and about on par with 2.

Ralph has been an amazing addition to the cast, Cecille is a nice humanizing element, and the mix of humor and drama is way better. The Thinker isn't my favorite villain, but I do appreciate him being ridiculously overpowered to the point that he's unstoppable in any kind of confrontation. That's fun and better than "If I could just run FASTER, I could stop Savitar!".

It's a huge improvement over 3, enough that I'm really excited for next season, too. Get Mark Hamill back for a few episodes and I'm golden.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ApeHawk posted:

Caitlin's dad teams with Felicity's dad to form the "every smart woman has a severely damaged childhood" alliance

Pillowpants posted:

Kaitlin’s dad is Diaz...and he’s already won.

Shouldn't davoe's satellites effect Arrow? Actually, plot twist, all this happened in september and everything in arrow this season has been a result.

Btw is it just me or does it seem like if every season Flash and Arrow just swapped villains they'd wrap up in 1 episode? All arrow villains would get utterly owned by super speed and every flash villain just needs an arrow to the neck.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 17, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Giant Beebo would solve all 4 shows

Diaz: I alread... *ground shakes* THE HELL IS THAT

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 17, 2018

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Blaise330 posted:

Giant Beebo would solve all 4 shows

Diaz: I alread... *ground shakes* THE HELL IS THAT

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Blaise330 posted:

Caitlin's dad teams with Felicity's dad to form the "every smart woman has a severely damaged childhood" alliance

Shouldn't davoe's satellites effect Arrow? Actually, plot twist, all this happened in september and everything in arrow this season has been a result.

This would redeem this horribly lovely season of Arrow.

Oliver decides to respond to a S.O.S. from Barry and the Thinker gives an Ozymandias speech about how he made everyone stupid eight months ago.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ozymandias would be a good arrow villain

wait............................. Ozymandiaz...... dammit he already won

*davoe stupid waves wear off*

Dyna: ...uhh why are we mad at Oliver for betraying us when Rene betrayed us?

Black Siren: oh i can sound blast Diaz's head off mid sentence

Star City: okay he's CLEARLY the green arrow

Cops: Why am i risking my life and career to protect a guy who sells party pills...

Thea: Jesus christ Roy is fat and....... ah poo poo Malcolm's alive isnt he =\. How is a literal Magician gonna fail to escape a landmine

Diaz: omg i am in WAY over my loving head. How is this working? I should run, like NOW

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 17, 2018

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Curtis: oh poo poo, how do I have any friends

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Oh yeah and kudos to the opening segment. That felt like a (much) milder tv budget version of the xmen 2 opening.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So Ammell announced that for this year's crossover event, Batwoman is going to appear in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
WB: K you can only pick characters we'll NEVER have in a movie

CW: Bat....

WB: !!!!!!

CW: Woman

WB: Oh hell yeah, go for it.