Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

What could be a major game changer story for UFC, and inevitably if it is in UFC, will be with WWE, is that Leslie Smith’s filing of a complaint to the National Labor Relations Board may also include a ruling as to whether UFC fighters are employees or independent contractors.

The board, as part of its ruling on her complaint, would have to make a determination which category fighters fit into. The NLRB can’t go to bat or rule in cases involving independent contractors. Smith is claiming that UFC violated federal law that protects employees who engage in union activities by the nature of releasing her.

UFC used a sleight of hand as they never released her, as her contract expired and they opted not to sign her to a new contract even though she’s won her past two fights and her third fight saw her opponent miss weight and she didn’t fight. She was also ranked No. 9 in her weight class at the time they opted to not offer her a new deal and she was known for having exciting fights.

It’s not a secret why she was let go. But the NLRB can’t rule on it if she’s an independent contractor, meaning that ruling will be sped up.

If that ruling comes down that fighters are employees, that will almost inevitably carry over to WWE, which has far more control over its performances and over careers than UFC does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i hope the wwe has to treat their employees, the wrestlers, better in the future

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wiretap804/status/997129927160807424

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

shiksa posted:

i hope the wwe has to treat their employees, the wrestlers, better in the future

WWE will fight like hell to prevent that. They're a bunch of narcissistic egotistical corporatist sociopaths without a shred of human compassion. They will shell out tens of millions in lawyers and "donations" to politicians to ensure that they maintain the status quo. They will push the case up to the Supreme Court and call in all their favors from the Trump administration to get a favorable ruling.

But hey go ahead WWE marks and keep giving them money. It's not like normalizing slavery, the torture and execution of LGBT people, and the oppression of women as "progressive" was enough. It's not like the prospect bringing back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan is enough. Go ahead and keep giving them money so you can enjoy a few hours of lovely TV every week and a garbage PPV every month. You can always watch NXT on Hulu, but nope gotta have that WWE Network.

If you disagree with their actions, philosophy, writing, booking, and agenting you can let your voice be heard by cancelling your subscription. An avalanche starts with a few rolling pebbles.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This isn't even the network thread you glass basement weirdo.

Most of the posters here are bitter and jaded and terrible, nobody's paying for the network.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 17, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

WWE will fight like hell to prevent that. They're a bunch of narcissistic egotistical corporatist sociopaths without a shred of human compassion. They will shell out tens of millions in lawyers and "donations" to politicians to ensure that they maintain the status quo. They will push the case up to the Supreme Court and call in all their favors from the Trump administration to get a favorable ruling.

But hey go ahead WWE marks and keep giving them money. It's not like normalizing slavery, the torture and execution of LGBT people, and the oppression of women as "progressive" was enough. It's not like the prospect bringing back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan is enough. Go ahead and keep giving them money so you can enjoy a few hours of lovely TV every week and a garbage PPV every month. You can always watch NXT on Hulu, but nope gotta have that WWE Network.

If you disagree with their actions, philosophy, writing, booking, and agenting you can let your voice be heard by cancelling your subscription. An avalanche starts with a few rolling pebbles.

Agreed completely. Never paid money for a sub, never will even consider it

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh boy, is it time for the 2 minutes shaming already? Buddy, I give money to people a million times more evil than WWE every time I pay my taxes and fill up my tank with gas. Also this "you can make a difference by voting with your dollars!" routine is especially rich after WWE signs a $600 million TV deal.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Don't pull anything patting yourselves on the back so hard.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i pay for 2 subs

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

didnt we just do this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SonicCapitalism.jpg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Don't pull anything patting yourselves on the back so hard.

Why does it bother you so much that people mention they're not subscribing to the network?

It really shouldn't, dude. You do you.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Chris James 2 posted:

-posted from my child-labor built iPhone while wearing clothing made in chinese sweatshops

don't try to pretend you're some bastion of ethics. stop consuming literally anything, there is something unethical somewhere.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Imagine cheering for Seth Rollins (who cheated on his fiancee with a Nazi) and then being offended by anything Hulk Hogan said.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Remember when Bill Demott was a horrible rear end in a top hat running developmental?

He was hand-chosen by the current boss of NXT specifically because he would do the things he did.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Why does it bother you so much that people mention they're not subscribing to the network?

It really shouldn't, dude. You do you.

They only like groupthink here. Another example: NXT is magic and makes everything worth it and worth turning a blind eye to all else

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Remember when Bill Demott was a horrible rear end in a top hat running developmental?

He was hand-chosen by the current boss of NXT specifically because he would do the things he did.

Said current boss of NXT the magical savior was incidentally also the first person to publicly say Hogan would be welcomed back eventually after the incident blew over. Publicly said it less than 3 full calendar months after the incident too

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Okay fine let's talk about something else.

Remember when the Roman Reigns experiment was a failure?

WWE's stock has quintupled since he's started 'being shoved down fan's throats'.

Since right now Hogan doesn't exist, this makes Reigns unquestionably the greatest top guy in the history of wrestling. (WWE stock's only movement during the Austin era was down)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The iPhone hyperbole is not really necessary because this is a racist homophobic website that costs money.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I like to watch professional wrestling

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The iPhone hyperbole is not really necessary because this is a racist homophobic website that costs money.

Every time we post here we further convince Lowtax to keep it running, which causes him further back pain though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

checksin posted:

I like to watch professional wrestling
Hell same, but really WWE is just a heroinesqe addiction to me

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

bradzilla posted:

-posted from my child-labor built iPhone while wearing clothing made in chinese sweatshops

don't try to pretend you're some bastion of ethics. stop consuming literally anything, there is something unethical somewhere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Okay fine let's talk about something else.

Remember when the Roman Reigns experiment was a failure?

WWE's stock has quintupled since he's started 'being shoved down fan's throats'.

Since right now Hogan doesn't exist, this makes Reigns unquestionably the greatest top guy in the history of wrestling. (WWE stock's only movement during the Austin era was down)

Only in year 5 of it too

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It airs Legion, Atlanta and Fargo which are among the best shows on television today. Also FXX airs It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Oh, haha. I still think of it as the Son of the Beach channel.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Imagine cheering for Seth Rollins (who cheated on his fiancee with a Nazi) and then being offended by anything Hulk Hogan said.

Okay.

I slept with a Tory girl once. It turned out later that she had really disgusting anti-immigrant views. Does that make me racist against brown people?

If yes, how can I kick myself out the country for stealing jobs from myself?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aphrodite posted:

Fox is signing a big, bad WWE contract as a poison pill against Disney.

I thought Disney wasn't buying their stations, just the studios that provide content.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i didn't see this

lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

I thought Disney wasn't buying their stations, just the studios that provide content.

Fox is only keeping Fox News and the Fox network itself. Everything else goes to Disney, including sports channels.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Yeah, stock may be up with Roman on top...however I can't help think that it would be higher if they handed the same push to someone else.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Fox is only keeping Fox News and the Fox network itself. Everything else goes to Disney, including sports channels.

Fox is keeping FS1 and FS2 but giving up the regional sports networks.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I pay for the network

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Namtab posted:

I pay for the network

:same:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Don't you talk poo poo about Son of the Beach.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Wow lots of bad people in this thread!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Go watch The Americans and Justified right now

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TRAUMMATCH

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What a deutsche mark

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I cancelled the Network after GGR/Backlash and immediately felt a massive weight lift off my shoulders because, seriously, y'all don't have to keep doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

cams posted:

i didn't see this

lol
IIRC when she found out about the cheating, said fiancee tweeted out a pic of Seth's dick the same day he was slated to perform on RAW later that night lol

• Locked thread