Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

its implied that strange did suffer a lot. also every time the loop restarted dormamu didnt seem to have a full realization of all previous loops and would be starting in pretty much the same mode every time where his first resort would be killing strange

I'm curious to know just how "long" strange was in the evil dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Kazak posted:

Killmonger was the best and sexiest "villain" in any marvel movie so far and he alone was worth the price of admission

ribbed for ur pleasure

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Kazak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkYDS-aKp5U

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Kazak posted:

Eight years, eight months and sixteen days.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Applewhite posted:

Eight years, eight months and sixteen days.

I thought it was five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes.

Get it? Because that movie gave me AIDS

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

I thought it was five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes.

Get it? Because that movie gave me AIDS

Woah not cool to say the Black people movie gave you AIDS dude

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So if I still haven't seen this movie am I the racist, or just the person who realizes this is just another cash grab for big interests in Hollywood looking to cash in on cultural appropriation?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

lets burn posted:

So if I still haven't seen this movie am I the racist, or just the person who realizes this is just another cash grab for big interests in Hollywood looking to cash in on cultural appropriation?

if you ever ask yourself "am I racist" the answer is always yes

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lets burn posted:

Just watch it for free at a friend's house, dude.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

lets burn posted:

Nah, you're good bro.

It's a decent Marvel movie with a great cast and a few interesting ideas. That's about it.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Bogus Adventure posted:

Just watch it for free at a friend's house, dude.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's pretty good but it would have been hard for it to live up to the hype. Still, it's cool to see black folks killing it in front of and behind the camera.

If you're racist depends on how you feel about the other cash grabs that don't have that diversity element but probably.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

...and the pitch! posted:

Still, it's cool to see black folks killing it in front of and behind the camera.

This part is really cool.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

nah its good. for a marvel movie anyway

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

This part is really cool.

Too late for that ya cross burning motherfucker

e: wrong guy

Kazak fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 17, 2018

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Kazak posted:

Too late for that ya cross burning motherfucker

e: wrong guy

lol

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

lets burn posted:

Lol. Tell me more about how seeing black people kicking rear end in a Marvel movie offends your delicate lily white sensibilities.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol. Tell me more about how seeing black people kicking rear end in a Marvel movie offends your delicate lily white sensibilities.

Shut up colonizer

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I just want to know which Wakandans got picked to go and pretend to be living in 3rd world conditions outside the hidden city. That must have been a real bummer.

"Sorry, Clancy, you don't get to ride the magic train anymore and live forever, you have to go and die of malnutrition and disease in order to convince everyone else we don't exist."

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Spermanent Record posted:

I just want to know which Wakandans got picked to go and pretend to be living in 3rd world conditions outside the hidden city. That must have been a real bummer.

"Sorry, Clancy, you don't get to ride the magic train anymore and live forever, you have to go and die of malnutrition and disease in order to convince everyone else we don't exist."

M'Baku and his dudes want the tribal low-tech life, so I assume they volunteered for it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I feel like black panther is like zootopia in that its morals are so muddied by the plot that you can twist it to support any reading. "zootopia contends that racial profiling is good/bad because of X/Y" -> "black panther contends that colonialism was good/bad because of X/Y"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
i liked black panther and i like they portraited the cia accurately as a blood thirsty threat to the entire world.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Wakanda is an Earth Asgard.

Also, if I were Wakanda, I'd be pissed off at the Avengers for bringing the Infinity War to their doorstep right now. Speaking of which: Vision was made out of stolen vibranium. Is Vision either

a) Technically a Wakandan citizen
b) Going to be melted down so the Wakandans can reclaim their stolen property

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I never really understood Vision, or cared. He's an ai that got a body? And he's boring as gently caress? He gets to canonically bang the hot Olson though so I can't hate him

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JediTalentAgent posted:

Wakanda is an Earth Asgard.

Also, if I were Wakanda, I'd be pissed off at the Avengers for bringing the Infinity War to their doorstep right now. Speaking of which: Vision was made out of stolen vibranium. Is Vision either

a) Technically a Wakandan citizen
b) Going to be melted down so the Wakandans can reclaim their stolen property

if Killmonger had won in Black Panther then he would have cracked that dumb robots head open right away, saving hundreds of Wakandians and the universe as a whole

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Rutibex posted:

if Killmonger had won in Black Panther then he would have cracked that dumb robots head open right away, saving hundreds of Wakandians and the universe as a whole

Yeah but see it's a disney movie and violence is either commendable or reprehensible if the person doing it is good/bad respectively. It's kind of tautological but the formula is that you gotta have a happy ending where the good guys win. That's why we're getting at least one more Avengers movie (before the inevitable reboot. Mark my words, in ten years we'll be seeing a bunch of nitwit 25-year-old parents going "oh wow, they're remaking it? My kids are gonna love this!")

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
So is vision basically a sentient vibrator for scarlet witch? Everyone had to die because of her sexual deviancy?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Entitled white woman’s sexual habits leads to death of half of the universe.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
why didnt strange just fix everythign with time powers

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Kazak posted:

I never really understood Vision, or cared. He's an ai that got a body? And he's boring as gently caress? He gets to canonically bang the hot Olson though so I can't hate him

I dunno if it's just me, but Paul Bettany seems reeeally self-absorbed on the screen and in real life. Ego from GotG 2 and Vision should have switched names. I mean, Kurt Russell had one hell of a plan.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Incredible Hulk is the best MCU film

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i thought the story, acting, visuals were great. the combat and cgi were pretty bad.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

why didnt strange just fix everythign with time powers

he did. he looked into the future and figured out which timeline would result in thanos defeat. It's just not going to pay off until movie 2

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
he couldve just frozen thanos in place at any point when he didn't have his fist clenched and taken it off of him

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Thor Ragnarok was a metaphor for the 2016 US election.

Everyone put their faith in a blonde idiot who self-destructed their world rather than a heartless, ruthless, bloodthirsty white woman.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Kuato posted:

So is vision basically a sentient vibrator for scarlet witch? Everyone had to die because of her sexual deviancy?

This is the usual Scarlet Witch plot in the comics.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Kuato posted:

To be fair, only half the people had to.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

he couldve just frozen thanos in place at any point when he didn't have his fist clenched and taken it off of him

Thanos is faster than timestop, like Goku

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the entire fight with Thanos on Titan was him just loving around. he could have killed them all in an instant with the reality stone. the fight was Thanos trying to goad Dr Strange into using the time stone, because he would have to open it from its protective spell case thing and that would give Thanos a chance to grab it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kuato posted:

Entitled white woman’s sexual habits leads to death of half of the universe.

hot death of the universe

• Locked thread