Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/997290075049414661

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

to the tune of the daytona usa song

dee-mooooteeeed
to nxt, to nxt
dee-mooooteeeee-eeeeeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Are you in the same house? Could be based on IP.

Nah, it is based on the account. If you open up a desktop and sign into the network on multiple browsers (or even multiple tabs in one browser) it'll stay logged in on all but will only play one of them at a time.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Aphrodite posted:

Are you in the same house? Could be based on IP.

Nah we've never lived in the same place since the Network launched.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/997290075049414661

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

to the tune of the daytona usa song

dee-mooooteeeed
to nxt, to nxt
dee-mooooteeeee-eeeeeed

More like FLOP GUYS amirite

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

excuse me it took the entire Club AND the Klique AND Degeneration X just to beat the Revival

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Reminder: For as terrible as WWE is, they make up for part of it by having my favorite human looking creature in George Barrios employed.

That is not photoshopped at all. To be honest I'm shocked WWE hasn't rented out his forehead as advertising space.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DarkstarIV posted:

Reminder: For as terrible as WWE is, they make up for part of it by having my favorite human looking creature in George Barrios employed.

That is not photoshopped at all. To be honest I'm shocked WWE hasn't rented out his forehead as advertising space.

Galaxy Brain Meme

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

ily google autocomplete :allears:

pl don't make fun of my typo

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The Ascension returned to NXT for one episode to fight American Alpha once. Viktor was smiling like a big ole adorable goof when he heard the NXT crowd actually responding to them. Funny which one of those two teams is still together today.

Dr. Baker posted:

6 hour Smackdowns will surely lead to my favorites getting the push they deserve.

Tom Philips: And in our 5th hour we have a triple threat street fight between Primo Colon, Kane, and Zelina Vega with special guest referee TJ Perkins

Corey: I've been on commentary for 11 hours and I can't even swallow solid food anymore.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 18, 2018

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Blaise330 posted:

The Ascension returned to NXT for one episode to fight American Alpha once. Viktor was smiling like a big ole adorable goof when he heard the NXT crowd actually responding to them. Funny which one of those two teams is still together today.

Tom Philips: And in our 5th hour we have a triple threat street fight between Primo Colon, Kane, and Zelina Vega with special guest referee TJ Perkins

Corey: I've been on commentary for 11 hours and I can't even swallow solid food anymore.

Said it before, say it again - Vince has, now and forever, believed that the hot tag in a tag team is the star of the team and in the 80s he would've pushed Robert Gibson solo if given the chance.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TTBF posted:

Nah, it is based on the account. If you open up a desktop and sign into the network on multiple browsers (or even multiple tabs in one browser) it'll stay logged in on all but will only play one of them at a time.

There's at least 3 people who use my network account and I've never once had a problem with us watching at the same time, even PPV's.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I wonder if its an account age thing then, because I've tried with a few people's accounts since 2016 and could never get them to work like that.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i'm surprised Vince hasn't done away with tag teams entirely, given how much he apparently hates it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Low Desert Punk posted:

i'm surprised Vince hasn't done away with tag teams entirely, given how much he apparently hates it

He needs tag teams to throw against his main stars every so often.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://youtu.be/nDq39JB9JCo

Its a shame we never hear commentator themes because there have been a few good ones.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"That moment when Mauro Ranallo has a better theme song than Cesaro"

The rare good youtube comment

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Lid posted:

Said it before, say it again - Vince has, now and forever, believed that the hot tag in a tag team is the star of the team

Billy Gunn showed that real well in the late 90s, even. The difference between then and now is that they really quickly dropped his big push.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lid posted:

Said it before, say it again - Vince has, now and forever, believed that the hot tag in a tag team is the star of the team

Someone post a picture of the Bludgeon Brothers looking sad.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lmao

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ChristopherGary/status/997474845326790657

Tom still trying to take spots he doesn't deserve

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I too think it is hilarious when old men get brutally beaten over a petty dispute

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's hosed up bradzilla. I don't at all

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's always so sad and bizarre to see formerly buff muscle dudes old and thin. Lex Luger still freaks me out whenever I see him on something in his current form. I mean it's also sad to see old people get beaten up by a group of young people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tom & Lex were born a month apart only 1400 miles away. very suspect.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Security cameras filmed the beatdown, however police say the tape has yet to be found”

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

“Security cameras filmed the beatdown, however police say the tape has yet to be found”

translation: "do we want to release a tape of 5 black guys beating up a 60-year old white man"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I rewatched the 2001 rumble and I swear that Scott Taylor had nipple rings on under that purple jacket when I watched this in high school

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Speaking from experience, it took a post or two of "why are we even paying for this," combined with the waste of money that was seeing WM32 live that finally convinced me to drop the network and stick to recaps. If there was a segment that caught my attention, I'd youtube it. But ultimately, the WWE has been a complete garbage pile of a company for a really long rear end time now, and if the lovely PR doesn't bother you, if the lovely personnel moves don't bother you, at the very least I'd expect the week to week booking to be awful enough to make you reconsider your subscription. If that doesn't happen, and you stick with it and keep watching? I don't know what will change your mind, just ignore the haters and enjoy yourself.

If you're just hanging on to the Network for archival purposes, that's cool. I get it.

This was it for me. Daniel Bryan stopped, there was a bunch of booking I didn't like and DB's return hasn't been enough to bring me back. Simply better things I could spend my money on. But I don't care if anyone else gets it, certainly isn't my business.

On the otherhand, I'm looking forward to subbing to NJPW World again to watch Dominion. I'd get it now for the Super Junior's thing but I heard the english commentary wouldn't be until June 8 or sometime like that.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The thing that keeps me from checking out NJPW is that they're pretty bad wrt women, and even if they're being horribly mismanaged and squandered right now WWE's diva stable is really good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

EugeneJ posted:

translation: "do we want to release a tape of 5 black guys beating up a 60-year old white man"

It's a joke about they haven't found the tape of Magee vs Bret Hart that apparently made Magee look like the next big thing in Vince's eyes

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It's a joke about they haven't found the tape of Magee vs Bret Hart that apparently made Magee look like the next big thing in Vince's eyes

That was just a misunderstanding, vince meant measuring tape.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

The thing that keeps me from checking out NJPW is that they're pretty bad wrt women, and even if they're being horribly mismanaged and squandered right now WWE's diva stable is really good.

watch joshi

stardom world has everything subtitled

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Neurolimal posted:

Didn't we just have a poo poo flinging session in this thread the other day about this bad take

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vaguido posted:

Didn't we just have a poo poo flinging session in this thread the other day about this bad take

Yes and literally everyone needs to shut up about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senerio posted:

https://youtu.be/nDq39JB9JCo

Its a shame we never hear commentator themes because there have been a few good ones.

When I went last anyone who had been a performer had their old theme, and everyone else walked out to Corey's behind him.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Vaguido posted:

It's even dumber when you consider he called the WWE women's division the "diva stable". Homeboy needs to try harder next time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Carmella's wrestling is way more offensive than anything NJPW does with Pieter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe he is offended about their attempt to push Chyna as an intergender star.

• Locked thread